rocket

No DevBlog this week but here is some screens

I see the Topic has changed from No Dev Blog/Gummy/Suggestions and now leaked SA.

For your information I was made aware of the leaked content just over a week ago and was the 65th person to view the original and only (at that time) video.

The version I have seen is indeed quite old.

Many streaming channels have been removed but YT is a different matter.

The reedit moderators have been really helpful and we may well have been up a Gum Tree without their collaboration, so many thanks to them !

Also we are pleased that regular Forum Members have not posted any leaked videos or content !

Thank you all for being responsible and doing the right thing.

Back on Topic please (if at all possible).

Thanks.

• Like 1

only way we will now if its new or old is when the game is out i did notice in some of the videos it had the new zombie animations so cant be that old

The dev blog showing those animations being captured was from the 22nd of February. thats almost 4 months ago.

I see the Topic has changed from No Dev Blog/Gummy/Suggestions and now leaked SA.

For your information I was made aware of the leaked content just over a week ago and was the 65th person to view the original and only (at that time) video.

The version I have seen is indeed quite old.

Many streaming channels have been removed but YT is a different matter.

The reedit moderators have been really helpful and we may well have been up a Gum Tree without their collaboration, so many thanks to them !

Also we are pleased that regular Forum Members have not posted any leaked videos or content !

Thank you all for being responsible and doing the right thing.

Back on Topic please (if at all possible).

Thanks.

Im not talking about the videos. The game is availible to download and play mate.

Just.. please say you're not keeping that font for the UI. There are a million and one better ones you guys could use!

Edited by JamesButlin

Im not talking about the videos. The game is availible to download and play mate.

Yes, and for the last time the files being downloaded and then played/streamed/filmed/viewed are an old build. That is instantly very clear to any of the people involved in testing and the devs

Back on topic please.

Edited by Fraggle

Yes, and for the last time the files being downloaded and then played/streamed/filmed/viewed are an old build. That is instantly very clear to any of the people involved in testing and the devs

Back on topic please.

Is this theresponse I get when Im trying to help? No need to take the piss...

i apologise for being so blunt and appreciate your help. I just thought it had been really clearly stated many times already.

In fairness he wasn't really taking the piss... I'm sure they've enough problems trying to keep leak information and details off the forums. Constantly bringing it up doesn't help :-\

• Like 1

In fairness he wasn't really taking the piss... I'm sure they've enough problems trying to keep leak information and details off the forums. Constantly bringing it up doesn't help :-\

Everyone has been really helpful and it's appreciated by all of us. In future people are free to PM us if they are concerned or would like to report anything. The devs and us are aware of the full situation but now it's out there there is only so much that can be done, tis the way of the interwebz.

Lets discuss the devblog .

I liked the devblog.

When is the next devblog?

Edited by Terrorviktor
  • Like 6

I liked the devblog.

When is the next devblog?

No idea lol. I guess E3 is on Monday so we should be getting lots of info from that. It's not so much a devblog but it could be a better source of info, as well as demonstrating certain features the devs will also be interviewed (relentlessly) so we should have more to talk about then. Maybe even an update on the font for the UI if we're lucky.

there is no mp at e3 kinda killed it for me was really waiting to see how it works mp wise.

still interested but mp gameplay would of been so sweet. before anyone tries please dont tell me you cant set mp up at the biggest gaming event of the year ;)

No worries. I didnt see any other leak talk on the forum. Was just trying to help out. Ill PM in future.

Cheers

• Like 1

there is no mp at e3 kinda killed it for me was really waiting to see how it works mp wise.

still interested but mp gameplay would of been so sweet. before anyone tries please dont tell me you cant set mp up at the biggest gaming event of the year ;)

Tbf, everything that will be shown at E3 will be multiplayer footage as it's exclusively a multiplayer game so I have zero concerns there. I know what you're saying but personally I can hold off seeing pvp until a later date.

He has said, I think in Bikemans stream???, that setting up mp games at these event can be very problematic, and tbh he doesn't really need to say this as it's common sense that any kind of bandwidth they'd have at an event like this is going to be raped by everyone there.

Tomorrow is Friday boys and girls.

I expect Rocket is sitting on a photocopier right now with his pants around his ankles.

When we discuss tomorrow's screen shot please beware the new jungle terrain surrounding a massive sink-hole. With a GTX Titan I guarentee you will be able to look all the way in, where the sun is definitely shining.

I love you guys :lol:

• Like 1

I don't understand how a server dependent game is played without credentials. Is it not actually server dependent?

I think crackers have made own server where they can play alone if you meant how those guys can play the game when they aren't connected to the main hive. Hosting will be something like in the mod where you can set a server and then you'll ask for hive connection or something similar. So yes the game isn't that server dependent at least in this stage. Might be a good to get better/detailed answer from rocket.

Edited by St. Jimmy

First trolls the unfinished trivial UI graphics, then proceeds to knock the DayZ forum mods. Gummy just went full retard. Gummy didn't anyone tell you bud? Nobody goes full retard man.

For the record btw, i personally think the UI looks rubbish, but im glad it does, this tells me effort is being spent on more pressing issues.

Hacking anyone?

Animations?

Gameplay?

Engine Optimization?

nah but UI man, shit should be first on the list, fucking devs

Maybe to you it implies they are doing the work on more important stuff, to others it shows they have just created a wank looking UI.

Dont get me wrong i agree with you TurkishMonkey, but at the same time i dont think that because a picture shows one thing it surely means another with no real evidence to back it up, that’s just speculation at its finest. The more enlighten'd of people on the forum do know work is being done on the most important aspects, but 90% of people don’t really get that. People can only work off what is fed to them in the devblogs and screenies, and considering they are so lite I think that people bitching about it is warranted to a degree. Its all well and good people saying they are working on stuff but not providing evidence just means we could be sitting in a warz boat here. I am not saying we are, just you can see how people might be distrustful.

Also when you are working on an "it will be ready when its ready" policy, i think keeping the community informed and up to date is paramount. Yes other games dont do much better but 90% of the time dayz can properly be compared to other games, its just not possible.

It’s been about 9-10 months since the SA was announced, and one missed deadline and 6 months later and they produce a UI that looks wank, I can see where those who are bitching are coming from. Not to say I agree, but maybe there's a bit of logic behind it. Doesn't excuse gummy from repeating the same old boring line.

In short gummy we understand you, hear you and now want to discuss something different.

Edited by triggy89
  • Like 5

There's not much to discuss when all we get is two little pictures.

We need dat new devblog.

@ Triggy - That pretty much sums up my thoughts on the whole situation. Whilst I don't agree with much of the criticism (certain parts I do) I can understand why some/many are skeptical. I forget sometimes that being lucky enough to be a tester at this stage gives me an insight into some of their progress (not all of it), the way they work and how hard they work.

When I step back and look at it from the outside I can certainly see why some people are either frustrated or not willing to just take the devs word for things based on a few screenies. I think in the near future though we will be seeing a lot more in terms of both content and general progress and hopefully then people will understand. I think the biggest issue the devs have faced in terms of showing progress is that much of the early work has been on the engine itself to give them a solid base, people get sick of hearing "we're working on client/server architecture" etc but the importance of it can't be overstated if in the future we want to see a solid game.

Over the next few months as they continue to add content and things that we the gamer can actually look at or play we will start to see the fruits of their labours and hopefully many that have lost faith in them over the last few months may start to remember what bought them here in the first place and why they initially supported Rockets project. It will take time though.

• Like 6

Are we allowed to discuss information garnered from leaks here?

• Like 1

^ I agree.

We need a place to discuss it, but not share links/videos.