rocket

No DevBlog this week but here is some screens

Ever heard of minecraft?

Yeah, it doesn't have a central server. It didn't double in quality, either.

Edited by gummy52

How did you find the font?

Hello there

What's this double/triple quality thing? Did I miss some announcement? Or am I not "getting" it? Please explain.

Rgds

LoK

DayZ won't have one either...

What's this double/triple quality thing? Did I miss some announcement? Or am I not "getting" it? Please explain.

Our dear friend Gummy is spewing nonsense again, nothing new here.

• Like 1

Fact: Triple quality is better than double quality.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 2

So many disillusioned people think its possible to drastically improve (double, triple in quality) software once many users are interacting with it.

Ever heard of minecraft?

Cliffs of Dover

Il2

Strikefighters

All simulations that progressed far far beyond their original Alpha..as most games do.

Guys, you can only tell someone "fire is hot" so many times before you just have to give up and let them stick their hands in there.

but bro, fire is not substantially hotter than a hot stove and the quality of the burn is only four times the quality instead of five times the quality.

Get your facts straight.

Edited by TiredMiner
  • Like 3

I am actually looking forward to the initial response by people when the SA comes out.

I just hope that a lot of players, particularly those new to the mod and all of its incarnations remember that it is going back to basics where stealth and survival, not pure PvP Deathmatch was the focus.

I cant wait for those first few posts of rage and butthurt. No vehicles, cant lose the zombies as easily, cant find a high powered gun, i can only find pink baseball caps.....

It's gonna be fun.

• Like 8

I am actually looking forward to the initial response by people when the SA comes out.

I just hope that a lot of players, particularly those new to the mod and all of its incarnations remember that it is going back to basics where stealth and survival, not pure PvP Deathmatch was the focus.

I cant wait for those first few posts of rage and butthurt. No vehicles, cant lose the zombies as easily, cant find a high powered gun, i can only find pink baseball caps.....

It's gonna be fun.

Hmm, the game might become more peaceful in the Standalone if the end-game is much less accessible than it was in the mod.

In other words, all you had to do to achieve end-game in the mod was to either kill a geared opponent or to find some great loot in the north(exception is fixing a helicopter), both of which facilitates PvP. If there are more ways to progress in the game that don't necessarily present murder as the fastest course( like fixing a helicopter!), then the game would surely become more peaceful - and remain so.

I do see a return to the camaraderie of the "good 'ole dayz" at first, but knowing people, I reckon we'll go back to being selfish and bitey.

Hopefully there'll be enough to do to stop the simplicity of pure PvP DMing as is the case at the moment.

I want other players to be a threat sometimes, but hopefully there'll be more peaceful ways for us to interact.

BUT I dont want to be FORCED to buddy up to achieve a *thing*. I'm an anti social bugger and prefer to solo.

Rdgs

LoK

Edited by orlok
  • Like 3

with the game calming down in the standalone which i know it will. The way loot is handled will be critical i think. Having to really scavenge is a big + in my books and will definitely add to the experience.This will also be reinforced by the crafting mechanic.

Player encounters are heart pounding as it is, this slower pace of survival rather than PvP in the standalone will amplify that hostile player scenario i think

sound is a big one for me, i think we will be slightly let down with sound in the early stages of the release (i really hope to be proven wrong). This is the type of game that sound could really hit home the immersion and emotion of the survival experience.

• Like 1

sound is a big one for me, i think we will be slightly let down with sound in the early stages of the release (i really hope to be proven wrong). This is the type of game that sound could really hit home the immersion and emotion of the survival experience.

Yep. Big time.

• Like 1

Hello there

I'm *sure* they'll be making strides in this dept as well.

Rdgs

LoK

So many disillusioned people think its possible to drastically improve (double, triple in quality) software once many users are interacting with it.

... you know that's why they're taking all this time to set up the base code or leaving things open and (mostly) un-optimized at this point. This isn't UKD we're talking about where you have to bake the whole damn thing every time you want to change the tiniest thing forcing people to basically re-dl the game.

You're such a freaking troll btw, just stop. I can't for the life of me understand why you haven't been banned for that condescending, rude, ignorant, flagrant and facetious attitude in every single one of your posts. I mean you're basically trying to say this is equivalent to WarZ, aren't you?

Why the hell are you on the forums if you hate the game so much?

It'd be like me joining a fansite for a show I don't like and will never watch, just to stand on a virtual pedestal to piss and moan like a 13 year old girl on her period. It isn't constructive and makes you look like a fool.

Be thankful the mods have patience for your bs, because I lost it a long time ago.

• Like 4

I have asked gummy in this very thread to post his own thread so he can get all his grievances out in a concise manner - no one here is going to ban someone or graveyard a thread just for pointing out negative features of the SA. If done in an adult manner we can have a decent discussion.

It appears to me though that troll responses are all he can come up with.

Prove me wrong gummy or go away.

• Like 5

Not a single comment I've made can be sanely considered a "troll response". Several of my posts have been liked and qualified by other posters. I see no reason why I should take my comments elsewhere, either. They are all completely on topic.

Prove me wrong gummy or go away.

That's completely childish behavior on your part.

tissue anyone ?

Comments like the above, however, are in fact a "troll response", made by the individuals you've decided to side with.

You specially requested that I "prove" I'm not trolling, so you can go ahead and compare the above comment to mine below.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/137630-no-devblog-this-week-but-here-is-some-screens/page__st__460#entry1350633

Edited by gummy52

Not a single comment I've made can be sanely considered a "troll response". Several of my posts have been liked and qualified by other posters. I see no reason why I should take my comments elsewhere, either. They are all completely on topic.

Your opinion is not a troll response. It's just that you came here knowingly that most people will disagree with you, and you insist on posting your opinion over and over and over.

Of course, I can't tell you to stop - you're on topic and all, but you're just pissing a lot of people off and I truly hope that's enough for you reconsider. Borderline trolling, anyways.

Someone finally learnt how to formulate a coherent and sane post.

*applause*

I think peoples grievances might be the fact that you sounded like a broken record at one point. Constantly repeating yourself. Clearly you have come around. Be it meds or otherwise.

Your point of the unfinished and rubbish looking GUI has been made. If you have nothing further to ad please hush, if you want to make a suggestion on how to fix the GUI perhaps, make like a good gummy and go make a thread so you and your brethren can join you for a nice circle jerk :P

Someone finally learnt how to formulate a coherent and sane post.

*applause*

Yeah, okay. I'd like to know how this is not considered trolling, DemonGroover.

Yeah, okay. I'd like to know how this is not considered trolling, DemonGroover.

What can i say?

You bring it out in me :lol:

My point is you obviously have an issue, so instead of just making an appearance every time a dev blog/thread is released create your own thread and tell us what you think.

How about some suggestions of how you think things could be improved instead of negatively reacting to every little piece of info that is released.

I hate Phil Collins but you don't see me trolling his forums in my spare time. Surely there are some aspects of the game you like otherwise why are you here?

• Like 3