rocket

No DevBlog this week but here is some screens

Something i've been wondering for a while is.. i see here that (not counting the backpack) the total inventory slots is 12 for the current gear, in the mod there is a total of 20 including bandage and sidearm ammo, is there a potential to have more or less slots with different clothing in comparison to the mod? will it be more common to have less and rare to get more or something like that?

I believe the plan is for different bags and clothing to have different amounts of slots, meaning that when playing you'll be forced to choose between wearing something like a tactical vest that could allow you to store more vs something that offers more protection against people/weapons/environment for example. As with anything you see at this point it's always worth remembering that it's WIP and is subject to change as it continues to be developed.

Edited by Fraggle

I believe the plan is for different bags and clothing to have different amounts of slots, meaning that when playing you'll be forced to choose between wearing something like a tactical vest that could allow you to store more vs something that offers more protection against people/weapons/environment for example. As with anything you see at this point it's always worth remembering that it's WIP and is subject to change as it continues to be developed.

i wonder if there will be items which take only half a slot or even more than a slot (in a tetris-esque way)

E3 today :D

All of us would love that, but E3 starts tomorrow :( Well 10AM for me at the moment, though it's already Tuesday in Australia. Friggin' time travellers...

Edited by Guisho

All of us would love that, but E3 starts tomorrow :( Well 10AM for me at the moment, though it's already Tuesday in Australia. Friggin' time travellers...

I thought E3 started on the 10th?

Edited by DappaDan95

I've been ninja'd but well, E3 starts tomorrow Tuesday 11th and finishes Thursday 13th, the day that DayZ will be exposed to the entire conference room or at least be interviewed by Gamespot.

Edited by Guisho

CNN is full of sh*t too!!

351s903.jpg

Well look at this. I'm actually living in the Iraq. Who would have known this.

• Like 3

Don't blame CNN, they use the same map as the iPhone gps does.

• Like 1

I never knew how important UI designers are until now lol.

My biggest complaint with mods is usually animations and character models, for some reason they're the two things that always get ignored. Dayz has been quite good with that however because the animations in ARMA 2 are really nice and character models with the DLC are really nice.

Obviously not with the zombies though, they need a lot of work, even in the Dayz leaked video they look really bad, though obviously they aren't complete. However what I mean is the animations that were working looked really stupid.

Edited by Miffy

I never knew how important UI designers are until now lol.

My biggest complaint with mods is usually animations and character models, for some reason they're the two things that always get ignored. Dayz has been quite good with that however because the animations in ARMA 2 are really nice and character models with the DLC are really nice.

Obviously not with the zombies though, they need a lot of work, even in the Dayz leaked video they look really bad, though obviously they aren't complete. However what I mean is the animations that were working looked really stupid.

The zombies had only 1 test animation on them. It's a 2 months old build. More recently, Rocket posted a picture of the new animations including a jumping attack. It's buried either in this thread or in his twitter, I'm too lazy to go searching for it.

Maybe there should be a thread or a news on dayzgame.com that hints that this videos are pre alpha footage....

The world just became too ... simply structured.

So when will the 1.7.7 patch release?

Most likely next week or by a little chance later this week.

So if they have a playable Alpha for E3, why can they not release it? What is the wait for? There could be a very good reason, I'm just curious. Plus the more limited the game is (as long as it's functional), the less people will buy it at first, which seems to be what they want. I'm happy with running away from zombies with limited weapons and gear available.

I live in Slovenia. Good thing we have Austria between us and Iraq to protect us from Hussein lol

So if they have a playable Alpha for E3, why can they not release it? What is the wait for? There could be a very good reason, I'm just curious. Plus the more limited the game is (as long as it's functional), the less people will buy it at first, which seems to be what they want. I'm happy with running away from zombies with limited weapons and gear available.

I think Alpha should be more closed, but when it comes to "beta" it should be more open.

Edited by Sutinen

I don't know if i like the vicinity thing, surely you don't just hit the gear button all the time to see if there's anything to pick up. Also someone mentioned a jumping attack, when i thought the zombies were getting slowed down. I don't really want to play "28 DayZ later".

I think Alpha should be more closed, but when it comes to "beta" it should be more open.

What do you mean? It's closed right now. But the idea is to release a playable alpha to the general public is it not?

When the alpha is out can every one get it or is it limited because i heard it was limited.

Why both the PS4 and the Xbox One look like VHS players???

Edited by osallivan

Why both the PS4 and the Xbox One look like VHC players???

hahaha we said the same thing about both consoles with my friends, they have a big VHS lookalike.