rocket

No DevBlog this week but here is some screens

Why both the PS4 and the Xbox One look like VHC players???

PS4 is Xbox One written in italic

Hey someone put the painkillers upside down!

Game breaking will not buy.......

Game breaking will not buy.......

It's ok I did not realise it was the new orientation engine. It all depends on which way up its in your pocket represented in 3d in real time. Can't imagine what's going to happen if someone does not press ctrl s to screw the lid of their water on properly.

• Like 1

Amazing looking screens I honestly just went out spend 2k on a new computer to play this game alone! Looking forward to the release and the Alpha. I get how crazy popualr this game is and glad ur taking the time to do everything right before releasing the game. Huge Fan Dev team!

Got to love rocket :beans: and of course , not in a gay way , still Rocket , good job , can't wait for standalone , playing dayz for 1y 2m and 13d since i posted this <3 from all the DayZ players + have our :beans::beans::beans::beans:

• Like 3

going to be another 2 month till its out watch video tells you at end

That's actually a really good interview. Unlike a lot of the other shorter ones it's nice to see Dean given more time to explain things without being rushed and the interviewer asks some really good questions.

I'd advise anyone that hasn't been following development closely or that has unanswered questions about the SA to watch it in full. Cheers for posting it up!

everyone that has your heart set on the standalone coming at at this month or the next dont , as i was the same at december and once realised he was making a whole new build from the scratch i went to find out what it takes to do something like this and was really shocked at what goes into this,, people have to realise this is rockets mission and never thought it would be this big so put urself in his shoes, for a minute, thats why he has stated that many times it,ll be ready when its ready,and he would rather a slow release rather than millions buy it at once as he wants to make sure it doesnt fail,for him and the public, and i think he is right at saying if you dont want to play a alpha game with loads of bugs wait till end of alpha or for beta release,

p.s chill it will be released when you dont expect it

Rocket needed a break. It looks like climbing everest is vacation compared to working on DayZ SA :D

i know this is boarderline, but i fucking love the way that he says MMO, "EIMEIMO" I dated a kiwi for 2 years and she used to say it the same way XD

Also i would like to refer to the 4 minute mark, the emphasis on community involvement...If it is that "critical" and the community made dayz what it is, as he puts it, i think the forum should be the first port of call or at least a major port of call, but hey thats just me?

I mean he talks about terrible internal communication, but then i don't see a huge amount of external community communication apart from reddit and twitter. I feel those two mediums should be for snippets, soundbites and bouncing basic ideas, the forums should at least give us some more in depth info about it all rather than being neglected. Even if its making a reddit/twitter forums thread to keep track of his other stuff on there.

As it stands it feels he praises the community and emphasizes the communication to them/us, but we at the forums are still scratching our heads half the time as to what is going on. It feels a little like a kick in the nuts actually.

Edited by triggy89
  • Like 4

Devblog this friday?Anyone?

Yeh, that'd be nice. They did mention at E3 that the next devblog will have some juicy info!

Anyhoo, I'm locking this now as it's old and we have more recent threads (E3 etc) to discuss the SA on.

Devblog this friday?Anyone?

A devblog would be nice. Even just little footnotes of what the team has done and what their planing to do would be already sufficient. Even a tease of when the alpha release is going to be. :P