mattlightfoot

DayZ Developer blog 26th April, Video from PAX and our latest "building"

A good spot for this would be out by Kamenka, as it is the only pointless spot on the coast. The rest of the coast is equally balanced by Elektro, Berezino, and Cherno, but Kamenka and those towns have no interest. Place it on the coast out where nobody goes.

• Like 2

The swamp west of kamenka or the swamp between kamarovo and kamenka would be my preferred spots. See my previous post for more details

I've actually only just had time to fully watch the devblog video. A couple of points:

Rocket sure is taking fame in his stride.

Sacriel is a lucky bastard!

That ship looks fantastic! I love it, very atmospheric.

I wonder where it's going to be placed... can't be too far offshore because then it would be underwater. :D In Kaiolohia Bay, Hawaii, there's a rusting ship fairly far off the shore and upright, too.

Eq8jr28.jpg

This is always an option

Pasha-Bulker3.jpg

I'm too lazy to actually upload the photo

Edited by Lolcoppter
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure the main inspiration for this ship came from "The Road", as the many other things Rocket said which were inspired.

w1qvep.jpg

Hello there

I would think the ship would have to be beached as ships wrecked at sea dont usually last all that long due to tidal forces.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Taking sand banks and a draught between 10 and 16 m into account, we will have to get our feet wet one way or another :)

But what I really would like to know is if there will there be player spawn points the whole way from Kamenka to Guba, or only the few we've got so far mainly at the south coast ?

cheers

I'd like to spawn north in the middle of a forest. I'm 100% sure that I'd be lost for an hour at least.

• Like 2

The whole scene will be differend in SA, as the buildings are made accessible. Kamenka could become more popular point for supplies just because of this..

I would place the ship near one of the large harbors..

ps. What comes to the spawning I think they really should do some new spawn points to inland... the forever coast spawn gets a little dull. (I would like randomly across the map)

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

Have it near kamenka. Maybe then people will quit complaining about spawning in that general vicinity.

Honestly kamenka isn't a bad spawn shit loads of deerstand to the north of there wich will mosth likelly give you a better weapon then the lee einfeild's you find in barns.

• Like 2

Yeah rivers would be cool but if I remember correctly the engine doesn't support them well and that's why you can't find them in community maps.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Honestly kamenka isn't a bad spawn shit loads of deerstand to the north of there wich will mosth likelly give you a better weapon then the lee einfeild's you find in barns.

It was even better until they changed the loot table for them. I remember finding plenty of DMRs, M24s and stuff like that in the deer stands on that route while my friends were finding AKs in Elektro/Cherno. :D

Yeah rivers would be cool but if I remember correctly the engine doesn't support them well and that's why you can't find them in community maps.

You're right, it's not really nice to side a wavy and tidy river like if you were in the middle of an ocean :D

Kamenka is the best spawn by far if you want to live and do well. Might not be suited to the average ADHD incompetent moron who can't spend five minutes alone without needing some sort of visual stimulus.

Deer Stands still work fine, and it's a straight shot up to Zeleno, Pustoshka, and then Vybor... and once you're at Vybor, you can head to Stary or NWAF easily.

By far the best spawn. You shouldn't need an AKM with five mags and a full load of food to travel north. Takes twenty minutes, a SMLE, and two cans of food/drink to do.

yep always my route..Kamenka-Balota Airfield, Zelenogorsk-Green Mountain-Vybor-NW Airfield-Stary-Berezino

Leave it at least partially on land, it would make the most epic base. Especially if you can both park cars and boats inside...

More defendable bases would be alot of fun. Everyone is looking for someplace to call "home".

Talking about maps.... maps should be very rare and most of them should be used heavily with missing or unreadable parts, also there should be different kind of maps like street or regional (city) maps...

• Like 2

Kamenka could become more popular point for supplies just because of this..

Nothing like a wrecked ship and a few places to loot to boost the economy of a zombie infested town. I second Kamenka as a choice spot!

Talking about maps.... maps should be very rare and most of them should be used heavily with missing or unreadable parts, also there should be different kind of maps like street or regional (city) maps...

I've been thinking this for long time but I think I haven't written about it.

Maps should also be personalized so that individuals could mark and scribble important notes such as where they hid their loot.

This provides us with excellent justification to merc a mofo and unburden them from their map and things.

Other delectable items could be a polaroid black and white camera and small camcorder to take more visual notes of interesting places/events for sake of posterity.

Edited by codestargod