mattlightfoot

DayZ Developer blog 26th April, Video from PAX and our latest "building"

Hey Matt! Great work so far ! Here is another idea that kept coming across my mind. Make the map system harder. By that I mean to divide the whole map into smaller maps that you have to glue together and the ability to find partialy burned maps/ desaturated maps that you can cut away from and glue to another map that msises that area. This way getting a whole map will be harder than just going into a market and picking one up.

LE : Another thing to make the feel more realistic would be spawning loot on the outside as well : such as partialy used/broken things around the bins (things that we can repair) or just a fork somewhere in the middle of a farm near a fence that u can use as a melee weapon and I bet you can come out with other ideas as well :)

Cheers,

FiveSeven

Edited by FIveseven
  • Like 1

I hope they keep the finding parts and reapiring Aircraft etc and cars. Do you think adding more players to each server will happen?

I don’t have a PC up to playing anything these days so until I get a new top end rig later in the year its watching the odd stream for me. But the one thing that does come over is these streamers play for hours and see no one, granted once a fire fight takes place its good but it sure makes dull viewing.

The main thing is while watching is if a player can just Alt 4 out when it gets hairy then that’s a game killer for me. I’d rather get owned by four guys and enjoy the fact than jump out. Sod it play the game if you die you die. But when you see a fire fight that looks to be on the horizon only for the players to take one shot and disappear is nonsense. Anything that stops hacking and this jumping off the server I’ll tip my cap to. Maybe if a shot whistles by there is a ten minute lock in to the server if you bail your stuff is lost and your body remains with all the loot.

Floating randomly spawned cargo containers, which can only be opened once on dry land?

Also, I'm noting a lot of people here are making STALKER refs... Ahem, points to own sig v v ;)

Edited by meshcarver
  • Like 2

So there's been no update since yesterday's DevBlog... Disgraceful.

• Like 3

So on the next devblog (hopefully out in June) we will see a recording of Rocket from June last year about his plans for the game... :blink:

It's been too long, I am not even half excited about the game but I will check it out when it's done.

I would put the wreck in one of those 2 places.

33wurlz.jpg

Topography suggests shallow water and underwater ridges in either of those spots.

1j3vjd.jpgj5xef8.jpg

Edited by EchoZeero

Not sure? Let me have a mess with your post for a sec and see if I can figure it out, hold tight.

Edit - Weird, well, I broke your post :/ . Have you tried using Photobucket or Imagur? I think it's because you're using Imageshack.

Edit - Echo, follow this link for a list of trusted sites and how to insert images: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/83113-forum-img-tags-how-to/

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Floating randomly spawned cargo containers, which can only be opened once on dry land?

Also, I'm noting a lot of people here are making STALKER refs... Ahem, points to own sig v v ;)

that is a damned fine Idea actually, some form of debris with loot in only accessible from the shore.

I like your thinnking! :thumbsup:

But do :beans: float?

The potential for this game is staggering.

One day a Rocket will press launch, and we can all choose your own adventure again.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Looking good but with everybody On the boat...

Im just gonna stay outside of it.... With a sniper... and bean

Looking good but with everybody On the boat...

Im just gonna stay outside of it.... With a sniper... and bean

I'll be behind you with my hatchet. Saving all them bambis.

• Like 1

I'll be behind you with my hatchet. Saving all them bambis.

And i'll be on the other hill Mistaking you for a dastardly bandit,

Question is... do we want the ship to be in already populated areas... or up north of Berezino? I'd prefer the latter. Southern coast already has so much going on.

I'll be in the wheelhouse making fog horn noises.

@ echo that spot off skallisty is what I thought too, limited places to camp/snipe it, and a linear path to access it should make things interesting.

my post was deleted....WHAT POST?

(fraggle halp what did my post say?)

Edited by NeedzBeanz

my post was deleted....WHAT POST?

(fraggle halp what did my post say?)

I just hid it because it was having a pop at someone from a dispute a few pages ago. That's been put to rest now so no point digging it all up again and it wasn't really on topic.. If you want me to unhide it though gimme a shout.

Edited by Fraggle

Awesome work guys, really didn't expect to see an enter able ship :D It's got me thinking though... With Dean talking about base building being underground as it's far easier to implement than above ground how about a Mine? Czech republic has an abandoned Uranium mine apparently...

http://www.euromines.org/sites/default/files/styles/half_width/public/content/images/former-and-operating-mining-sites-and-their-benefits-local-communities-examples-czech-republic-1235.jpg?itok=-IL9GrUn

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3005/4036300155_98a45793ed_z.jpg

Might be going a bit far haha either way back to the ship I do hope we can use the radio on board if repaired and honk the ship horn :thumbsup:

• Like 2

And i'll be on the other hill Mistaking you for a dastardly bandit,

And I'll be nowhere for the 2-3 months after its release.....unless it goes on sale cuz im a cheap bastard.

I just hid it because it was having a pop at someone from a dispute a few pages ago. That's been put to rest now so no point digging it all up again and it wasn't really on topic.. If you want me to unhide it though gimme a shout.

no need to unhide it, it wasn't me who posted it :3

(brothers are dicks...lock your computers when you leave)

Edited by NeedzBeanz
  • Like 1

Why are not you using the engine of ArmA 3?

big mistake...

Edit: fine I'll give him a copy and paste...and a little talk thats all he gets >:(

“It will be using its own branch of the Real Virtuality engine incorporating the best elements of all products – that’s the awesome thing about the BIS flagship engine.”

That means that the best aspects will be taken from certain parts of the Real Vituality (Arma's) engine adding their own stuff and making it all sexy and beautiful....so really they are gonna be using a Survival based Arma engine.....if that makes any sense.

Edited by NeedzBeanz

big mistake...

Answered so many times. Leave them be.

big mistake...

They didn't want to waste money on licensing. Smart move in the long run if you ask me.