mattlightfoot

DayZ Developer blog 26th April, Video from PAX and our latest "building"

In all fair and honesty all those dev updates are just adding to the anxiety we all have when waiting for the DayZ SA.

Thank god for ARMA 3 Alpha...

I think that is the idea... it's now the hype before the release they are working on.

I bet the game is ready for release just now.

lol. I can confirm it isn't.

• Like 3

Comments like this crack me up. People, when you have opinions, even good ones, try not to make them sound like fact instead of an opinion. Trust me, you don't come away looking as smart as you think you do.

Just so I am clear... is this a fact or an opinion? B)

Edited by codestargod

Quick Question:

I recall rocket saying Mods who try the SA testing would be allowed to post and stream videos (along with everyother 2 bit tubers / Streamers). Where are these videos?

Quick Question:

I recall rocket saying Mods who try the SA testing would be allowed to post and stream videos (along with everyother 2 bit tubers / Streamers). Where are these videos?

I've wondered the same. I just think there isn't much that those people can show us. Might not be very open pre-alpha yet content wise.

Quick Question:

That will be the case in the next stage as I understand it. ATM it's in very heavy development. The test server is updated many times a day and there's less than 30 peeps (that aren't BIS employees) with access to it ATM I believe.

I think that is the idea... it's now the hype before the release they are working on.

the hype? come on really? everything what changes for me is that i get more and more disappointed in the staff. At some point there were promises and statements about streams, videos, release-styles...but nothing or almost nothing was considered to be important enough to really do.

ive been really really happy when rocket excused his absence and the lack of information a few months ago and i thought at that point it will get "better", but in fact it didnt. recorded videos, always late and put together hasty in the middle of the night, trying to keep another promised update with no regularity or system after all.

now rocket again is gone, which i can understand because it was planned before and costs a lot of money and whatever, and we are fed up with the pax videos which were already on youtube. maybe not in this format but almost...whichs buys them another 2-4 weeks where "updates" were posted.

im just disappointed because of their lack of dependability. it cant be that hard to take 1 or 2 hours every 2 weeks and write together what was done, what hasnt been done yet, what the artist did...plain:whatever the past week(s) happened.

and if they dont want that, they should have started it in the first place.

sp_1411_clip05.jpg

Edited by BongomanConk
  • Like 2

I'm just greatful we hear from the devs, about the process.

Yes we have been let down and we are (for the most part) grown ups, so we should be able to handle a little disapointment.

• Like 1

I'm just greatful we hear from the devs, about the process.

Yes we have been let down and we are (for the most part) grown ups, so we should be able to handle a little disapointment.

I hope I'm still interested in DayZ when it is released. I just heard about the game Star Citizen, and it looks truly epic. I would like to say I am not a temperamental player and that I will enjoy DayZ SA no-matter the circumstances, but I honestly don't know anymore. It has been strung out for so long that I am almost worried that I will be dissapointed when SA is released because I will have expected something more/looking for features not there. I am fully aware this kind of attitude is selfish and unsympathetic, but that's how I feel.

• Like 2

I just heard about the game Star Citizen, and it looks truly epic.

Hello there

It does indeed look good, i'm a little wary of the micro transactions though. That may put me off.

Being part of an early fan base will always have the effect of the game/improvements feeling drawn out, but in reality the actual dev time IMHO is very short so far.

I think folks expectations are to high in general and that many folk will be disappointed, I also feel that the SA will appeal to a niche market that have been largely ignored. I'm still excited. I understand those who are feeling impatient although I dont agree :)

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

That doesn't make any sense. Having this massive wait is causing people to lose interest, not build it.

• Like 3

So after quickly perusing the last couple of posts here I haven't spotted anyone asking for another devblog today. That said I will take it upon myself to ask this: Are we getting a devblog today?

So after quickly perusing the last couple of posts here I haven't spotted anyone asking for another devblog today. That said I will take it upon myself to ask this: Are we getting a devblog today?

if you ask for it, they take longer, the more we dont say anything, the faster we'll get releases and updates :D

• Like 2

Unlikely.

Dam. Is the video maker (BikeMan?) that busy or new plans for the video and Matt is just too busy to write couple sentences. I thought they already got the content and it only needs some editing.

I think it would be easy to snipe the snipers outside trying to snipe at the boat ;) , great work !

You know they will have a Game changer on release and what I mean by that is something so improved or something added that adds so much that it will make you move from Mod to SA.

Support for the mod with slowly fade and support for the SA will continue. Having never played any ARMA due to the old system. Getting a new high end rig late this year I’d be happy with a SA DayZ that is a slow burn, exciting and high tension and stressful to play. And wasteland on ARMA III that I could enjoy playing with high end kit that is easy to find and fire fights that are aplenty.

I have only watched stream so far to enjoy DayZ that will end when this SA puppy get bought as I dont want to watch I want to play and sitting watching will not cut it any more. As long as its less hacker and scripter based and players cant bail out first sign of trouble Ill be happy to finally explore the game. Going to get an absolute kicking as everyone has a head start but I’d rather die fairly over and over slowly learning than cheat others shooting at me by leaving mid fight.

The only way to play in my view is if I get killed over and over I’ll learn why and begin to learn off others.

Edited by sav112
  • Like 1

I think some of you guys really need to keep your expectations in check.

Some of you are still hung up Rocket going to gaming conventions, which have proven to be essential for DayZ's development and for DayZ's future development. Both BI and Rocket stand to gain crucial support from the close connections they've developed with Steam, some of which might have been developed face to face at various conventions. Rocket can't both be serious about the standalone and at the same time chose to ignore networking with the major players in the industry. I suspect the advise and support Rocket has received from Notch, Steam et al is invaluable. I also believe it's hard to criticize Rocket for spending time with his family over Christmas and it's absurd to expect him to reschedule a $100,000 trip, which we all have known about since last summer.

Rocket let it all hang out there, his victories and mistakes and this has been a learning experience and it will continue to be. Rocket's not going to change and the development style of the standalone has always been two steps forward, one step backwards. If you can't accept this guerilla style of development, maybe you're better off with some of the predictable AAA titles.

This disappointment and outrage is on you. Rocket has laid down a timeline and the timeline has been revised before. You should know by now, not to cling to specific dates both in general with all games, but this is certainly nothing new in the mod's or the standalone's development.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 9

I'm posting with the above post currently on 2 beans ^

Predict it to rise steadily.

You heard it here first, folks.