mattlightfoot

DayZ Developer blog 26th April, Video from PAX and our latest "building"

ship looks awesome, it should be permanent though; what's the point of such a great object if it is rarely there?

I already saw the pax twice, don't feel like going through everything again to spot the new info; well, who knows, in the following dayz mabe...

Sweet. Looks good. Personally I love the hole ArmA series so I'm just super keen for this game. I was solely playing ArmA 2 till DayZ came out and I've only played ArmA 2 once since then.

In short because it's been discussed a LOT:

1) It's not the Arma 2 engine

2) The Arma 3 engine is still under heavy development itself so unless you're happy to wait over 2 years for DayZ SA that wouldn't be a good choice.

You need to put that info in your sig as well Frag.. Ship looks awesome.

• Like 1

I think I was reacting the predictable comments, which seems to take offense of the updates, rather than to enjoy them for what they are. We already know Rocket is not interested in a professional production team to sex up his updates. We also know that whenever Rocket announces a foundation build or radios, within a week Sergei Titov passes off these ideas as his own. We also know that if you're unhappy with the lack of content in the dev updates, releasing one every Friday, probably isn't going to solve that problem.

Instead of searching for sources for provocation, maybe you could try to search for positives instead, obviously without abandoning critical thinking completely. I mean, when you perceive an eight story tall construction of a ship as a "boat", maybe it isn't a lack of content that's actually the problem, but rather your perception of the content. Maybe you're simply looking to be incensed, rather than being informed. The video also contained about 30-40 minutes of new footage, but maybe you had already zoned out, when Rocket used the last 35 minutes answering question from the fans outside the venue.

• Like 3

I understand some peoples disapointment when we get devblogs. TBH the only news that will keep most peeps happy is that it's ready to be released.

When news is released about the devs working on new player animations ect. some say it's that's not needed. On the other hand others complain that the SA is just an Arma 2 port using old assets despite evidence to the contrary. Basically everyone has different expectations and ideas on what would make DayZ SA the perfect game for them and no matter what course the devs take there will be groups of people unhappy with their decisions.

This leaves them with only one option, and that's to carry on making DayZ SA the game they want it to be and then hope we like it too.

• Like 2

I hope this ship will spawn like chopper crashsites,

0.1 - 1 % (random number) chance on server restart for the ship to appear, only once of course, somewhere on/off the coast.

Otherwise I am affraid it'll stop beeing something special.

Unlikely. It's massive. Think of it as a permenant fixture and don't forget other buildings/structures are likely to be added too.

I want the next devblog to be a ten minute video of the new zombies running around doing what they do. That would satiate me for at least two months. I've watched that small little clip like ten times, they look awesome!!

It's not all new. I guess there's only so many different ways of saying "this is what we're working on!". If you watch the vid through there is new content though and there is a lot of info to be had.

aah right, thought i was watching the wrong vid or something :P cheers for clearing that up for me
  • Like 1

I want the next devblog to be a ten minute video of the new zombies running around doing what they do. That would satiate me for at least two months. I've watched that small little clip like ten times, they look awesome!!

It'll be nice to see all of these new mechanics being worked on coming together complete with the new anims ect. IMO all of the small changes add up to one very big change in the way the game will play (for the better).

Hopefully when we get to see it come together it'll put a lot of peoples fears to rest. At this stage it takes some imagination.

• Like 1

• Like 4

I'd like to see the ship sitting on top of Cherno Hotel for nostalgia

• Like 5

I hope they add some ambient sounds like creaking and groaning metal. Walking around in there at night with just a torch would be truly scary.

• Like 9

Yay! Another thing that is rather cool and could be exciting but is going to be put on the coast so that all the fresh spawn killers/ snipers have a new area to play in.

On a serious note, looks cool, sounds cool! But it's annoying that it can't be put somewhere in the middle of the map to draw players in without it looking too ridiculous. We need more stuff inland to draw everyone in, rather than death matching on the coast. And as for locations for it, Guba bay! The very top right hand corner of the map in that bay of water that comes inland a little. Having it in there, in the broken state it's in would make it look like it ran-aground accidentally, as there are no lighthouses anywhere near that area. Also, it's somewhere away from a major city, meaning not everything is all in one place.

• Like 5

Yeh, that'd be the perfect spot to put it I reckon.

Don't worry about it being on the coast, I'm pretty sure other buildings are being worked on with the intention of spreading places of interest accross the map rather than the way it is now: Cherno/Electro/NWAF. With lot's of other interesting places to visit it should change the gameplay dynamics pretty substantially.

If the dynamic ArmA 3 fog is added, and the ship wreck is put in the swamp, I will be truly scared. They rusty hull would ride above the mist and reeds and look truly imposin. Add decent lighting effects and it will look stellar.

I will change my in game name to beard and warn fellow stalkers of blowouts hhahaha!

• Like 5

Interesting that they are going with the low tech guns etc to start with so what are the chances of that high powered sniper rifle probably very low. Big question is how long before they wasteland the SA and everyone just plays it?????

I will never understand why Rocket decided to do all this extra job and work on ARMA II engine when he could just take ARMA III, delete all unnecessary content (tanks and whatnot), implement their current structure on anti-hacking and server architecture, and just release the game. THen add more to it like Minecraft did. In couple of days Dayz ARMA III mod will come out, check this out: http://imgur.com/a/Z6MEm

The alpha mod was buggy enough when put on a fully released game but you believe they should put a alpha game on a alpha game engine? o.O

O my god!| Is the svadosk from stalker call of pripjat! D:

XD

thats the FIRST thing hat came into my mind xD

• Like 4

I like the idea of just chilling in a boat. But the way it looks, there should be fewer zombies in it, since it's been proven that they are ass on a stick at swimming.

Seeing more content like this makes me very happy, will make the SA so much more interesting especially for those of us that have been tooling around in Chernarus for a few years now.

Personally I think it would go nicely sitting on a reef/sandbar off the coast of Skallisty Island, or somewhere difficult to get to. Possibly even off the coast of Utes Island if that is still being included.

Edited by NevilleFknBartos