rocket

DayZ Devblog 22nd February 2013

just relax. i understand that people may get overexcited and at some point they just crave for more and newer info. i admit, i also could have done with a little bit more "this and that you're going to see" "look some footage here and there"... but what's the point in being upset :D

the world still turns around ;)

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

It was a weekly devblog, what did you want a full camera crew and Mountain Dew Code Red endorsements?

It takes just 1 person to point a camera and record sound. Its what I do for a living, I wouldnt expect anything amazing like I already said and as I already said it was good information just poorly presented. Im not bashing the game or saying it was terrible, all im saying is that it takes literally hardly any skill to aim a camera in the right direction and get it in focus.

I'll leave it at that and let the thread get back on topic as its not the polish and finer details that are important to everyone else out there.

Good picture of a girl though from the other guy, i've never seen that before, not exactly mature, top marks for originality.

• Like 1

"Yes because showing a piss poor video with out of focus, out of shot elements really doesnt show poor attention to detail. Poor attention to detail that could be carried across to other things that 'are not important' "

Everything is important to sell a package, it shows how much they care about getting the word out. If they had a proper video, time spent putting together a real video blog then it would set them apart and thats something that is massive in this day and age.

Fuck that.

Hey if you want to see something well produced, check out this video below. Sure here's a nice sexy video and sure it's nice to see a company throwing a chunk of money after a production company and voilá you got developers repeating keyword phrase, edited together like something straight out of MTV. The problem is that the thinking viewer quickly get suspicious of all the magic tricks, you start to wonder about whether the silly hand gestures and fancy tricks isn't just a distraction. Well Aliens: CM certainly turned out to be a major steaming pile of shit, even if a professional production company tried to make it smell like roses.

The video update works, because it comes off perfectly genuine, with no distractions, focused on content rather than form. Unfortunately these days this is cutting edge innovation and refreshingly new. The package sells itself and the video was perfectly in tune with the nature of DayZ's development and Rocket's easy going personality.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 10

Interesting vid. Love the behind the scene stuff, its cool to get to see some of this stuff happening. Thanks, Its much appreciated :)

Doesn't Rocket look a little.....too comfortable in that getup? Is Andy Serkis' career in jeopardy?

Unfortunately, its the only DayZ I'll get for awhile, stupid gaming computer having problems and this crappy thing is only good for email and light web surfing. >:(

@Dallas - Exactly - all polish and what's underneath - a turd.

Give me amateur camera work anyday if it means the professionalism is centred on producing the game itself.

• Like 1

But... Dat focus. I swear I can see each hair on his lying head.

Edited by Fraggle

At least it wasn't the MTV style of zoom in, zoom out, turn the camera on its side bullshit.

• Like 1

Some people are just really ungrateful,i think the video was great for a blog update video.It's wasn't suppose to be something like what Dallas posted, and it's very refreshing that it's not.I really hope Rocket keeps doing these kinds of videos, especially interviews with more of the Dev Team and others working on the game.

Edited by SuperJesusDude
  • Like 2

FFS - are some people never satisfied?

Reminds me of a girl i used to know.

Reminds me of a girl I just dated for a bit...Such a shame too, as she was kinda hot... :P

But...

Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg

Edited by soapmak3r
  • Like 2

I stand by what I said earlier; it's better to have a weekly update with less content than a whopper every month.

Anal rabies. Beaten only by facial chlamydia.

Since the Devblog 15th February 2013 thread is locked for some reason, I have to respond to that with a true story; our unit was in Kosovo in 2003-2004, and we had a soldier who woke up one day with a black, blistery ring around his mouth one day. He went to the doc, and got pennecillin for it, but it turns out he actually went down on a Serb hooker. Not the sharpest tool in the shed, that guy. Facial chlamydia indeed....

[Edit] Not in any way intended as a slight against Serbs, btw, she just happened to be. Eastern European women are goddesses, by and large.

Edited by 032125
  • Like 1

so, monkey zombies again.

would be cool to have a few animations for zombies without some limbs.

Remember that Rocket said they will be doing many more mocap sessions. I think we just saw the basics, the tip of the iceberg - remember there are those out there who 'borrow' ideas.

And anyway, there has to be some surprises.

It takes just 1 person to point a camera and record sound. Its what I do for a living, I wouldnt expect anything amazing like I already said and as I already said it was good information just poorly presented. Im not bashing the game or saying it was terrible, all im saying is that it takes literally hardly any skill to aim a camera in the right direction and get it in focus.

I'll leave it at that and let the thread get back on topic as its not the polish and finer details that are important to everyone else out there.

Good picture of a girl though from the other guy, i've never seen that before, not exactly mature, top marks for originality.

just one question...codestargod ( the guy who is posting about npc's as questgivers) is your brother...right ?

I stand by what I said earlier; it's better to have a weekly update with less content than a whopper every month.

Since the Devblog 15th February 2013 thread is locked for some reason, I have to respond to that with a true story; our unit was in Kosovo in 2003-2004, and we had a soldier who woke up one day with a black, blistery ring around his mouth one day. He went to the doc, and got pennecillin for it, but it turns out he actually went down on a Serb hooker. Not the sharpest tool in the shed, that guy. Facial chlamydia indeed....

Sounds like a DayZ origin story right there...lol

• Like 2

just one question...codestargod ( the guy who is posting about npc's as questgivers) is your brother...right ?

Not sure I understand... as far as I know, I have no brothers playing DayZ.

Pray tell, who is this other smart fellow to whom you are referring?

Edited by codestargod

It takes just 1 person to point a camera and record sound. Its what I do for a living.

They make games for a living, and they probably do that better than you film. So in the long run they win.

• Like 4

I had to do it

KE1JFsP.jpg

well.....im singing up on the warz forums...and copying this
  • Like 1

Good work team! Always love to see hard work and fun being matched together.

The problem I foresee with this video is that, every time I see a Zed eating/beating the shit out a player, I will think of Dean humping/beating the shit out of a pillow. :lol:

:beans: :thumbsup:

Fuck that.

Hey if you want to see something well produced, check out this video below. Sure here's a nice sexy video and sure it's nice to see a company throwing a chunk of money after a production company and voilá you got developers repeating keyword phrase, edited together like something straight out of MTV. The problem is that the thinking viewer quickly get suspicious of all the magic tricks, you start to wonder about whether the silly hand gestures and fancy tricks isn't just a distraction. Well Aliens: CM certainly turned out to be a major steaming pile of shit, even if a professional production company tried to make it smell like roses.

The video update works, because it comes off perfectly genuine, with no distractions, focused on content rather than form. Unfortunately these days this is cutting edge innovation and refreshingly new. The package sells itself and the video was perfectly in tune with the nature of DayZ's development and Rocket's easy going personality.

Beans given. You defended the game without calling the attacker gay or some other stupid name. Way to not be a Fanboi :thumbsup: :beans:

The video is great. I just wish they will also re-do the retarded unarmed/pistol running animation of humans..... god it looks so retarded.

• Like 1

Fuck that.

I wasnt expecting a video as produced as this at all, perhaps I was taken too literally however, I stand corrected, well done, sir. Have some beans as well.

• Like 2

very excited that you are re-doing the animations, this will definitely give the SA a more professional polished feel to it, i love arma but the animations are a little clunky, i suppose for a military sim that works well but dayz need more fluidity.

Take your time with this project, the longer we wait the sweeter the first play will be, i am actually one of the few who wouldn't want a beta key, i want to experience the initial release in all it's glory with my SA virginity in tact.

Edited by wabbit