rocket

DayZ Devblog 25 Jan 2013

Looks like Balota has been upgraded from an airstrip to a full fledged airfield!

See the tarmac in this pic on the left (the town is Balota proper). Also the tarmac in the background here.

Edited by klesh
  • Like 1

Best update so far. A bit of wee came out.

something came out of my lovespear and i dont think it was wee!!!!!

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :)

I perticularly liked this part:

You must load the magazine with ammunition and then it is considered an attachment to the weapon.

worth repeating " You must load the magazine with ammunition and then it is considered an attachment to the weapon. The quantity and condition of your magazines will be particularly important in the standalone. Look after them!"

Any bets there might be loot in the trunk of this?

Nah, just more bloody tin cans. Or ammo for a gun I'll never find.

The difference alone in the ArmA2 pic and the DayZ Standalone are just astonishing making Chernarus come to life even more.... keep out the great work DayZ Team.

This all looks fantastic and thank you for the update rocket.

However, if I fire up the standalone and have to hunt for 20-30 seconds for the magic pixel to mouse over to open a stupid gate while a horde of zombies eats me for breakfast I'm going to be disappointed.

:P

• Like 1

DayZ Devblog 25 Jan 2012. This is last years photos or what?

Yes, yes it is. You have won a prize.

• Like 2

I almost just crapped myself. The annoying fog is gone, there's no stupid, overdone post-processing, the characters look amazing, and you're already working on attachments? I didn't think we'd have attachments for a long time. As for the other graphical enhancements, well, safe to say I was floored when I saw the screenshot.

DayZ Devblog 25 Jan 2012. This is last years photos or what?

Fixed it :)

• Like 2

Amazing! I'm finally getting a tattoo without my mom pestering me about it!

Looks really, really good. I have a question thought: will vehicles wrecks be the only new loot spawn location?

No. Read some of the other blog posts, they talk about the new loot spawn system.

This is a fail x.x

(Not rockets post my post made a duplicate)

Edited by Nomadic Nut

This looks very promising, just hope it isn't a big hype up.

I mean not in terms of how you make it, but the media have a way of hyping things up over the top

Closed Test Status

We have begun our internal closed testing (yes!) and have been working with Valve to ensure our new server browser system is working (we utilize Steam for this purpose rather than Gamespy as for ArmA2). The Server/Client architecture needs to be fully implemented before we will begin our public testing. We have not initiated our closed test that includes external people yet (such as streamers).

I just hope they do a beta for server strain.

Wait, wait, wait. I didn't see this in the devblog. What's your source? If this is true, I'm going to crap my pants.

"We are exploring spawning all zombies and loot at the start of server initialization, again a huge departure from the previous mechanism. This solves many design and technical issues with the spawning and respawning of equipment, such as being able to metagame by telling whether players are in a village by seeing zombie’s have spawned"

Fuckin' money....

• Like 2

I want to brand some noobs with tattoos. :P

and then they have to run around with a big red NOOB across their forehead :D

Edited by realspike

Coming along great, i'm loving the gameplay improvements.

but

Sorry to be negative about the lighting. I loved the stark reality of Arma 2 lighting, it was (and is) much more realistic than most other fps's, but in these latest screens the levels are turned way down towards the dark end of the scale, with such a lack of contrast it all looks far too flat now to be realistic... is this just a case of badly exported screenshots? or is it really how the lighting is rendered ingame? Mario, please sort those levels out!

This is the screenshot of the game:

kevno0.jpg

This is a real life photography:

2r3y0s2.jpg

And this is a histogram of both images, and the almost inexistant difference between both:

105tris.jpg

As you can see, DayZ light range is pretty similar to reality, therefore photorealistic and with no need of adjustment.

Edited by Guest

Wow, that is crazy.

• Like 2

Indeed, close to perfection ! Now we just need a little more high res textures than the default arma 2 ones and it'll be perfect ! :)