rocket

DayZ Devblog 25 Jan 2013

Coming along great, i'm loving the gameplay improvements.

but

Sorry to be negative about the lighting. I loved the stark reality of Arma 2 lighting, it was (and is) much more realistic than most other fps's, but in these latest screens the levels are turned way down towards the dark end of the scale, with such a lack of contrast it all looks far too flat now to be realistic... is this just a case of badly exported screenshots? or is it really how the lighting is rendered ingame? Mario, please sort those levels out!

As the clouds are volumetric and the sun is constantly move across the sky I guess the lighting levels change depending on time of day and weather. I really wouldn't worry.

• Like 3

Congratulations Rocket

The Dayz by what we are seeing is getting spectacular!

Work with calm, do not rush! we have the best game of the genre

hugs

Edited by ramonsantospinto

DID I JUST SEE A FEMALE ZOMBIE?!?!?!?! YEEESSSS!!! finally!!

pumped for the Stand-Alone!

let there be necrophilia!!! ;)

btw: where is the confirmation of Bill Murray being an actual ingame-zombie!? >:(

EDIT: HOLY F*CKIN SHIT...I'm SOO SORRY!!!! :( :o This is beyond ....

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

let there be negrophilia!!! ;)

Freudian slip there? LOL - Maybe?

I like th shot of the guy pooping in the woods...

Edited by opethZ
  • Like 1

let there be negrophilia!!! ;)

btw: where is the confirmation of Bill Murray being an actual ingame-zombie!? >:(

I hope that's a typo :/

• Like 1

A nice read, but there's basically nothing we didn't already know, a bit disappointing.

- New server structure

- Bunch of item customization

- Updated art/map

And still no idea when it's actually releasing.

I hope that's a typo :/

Its not that bad Fraggle.. ;)

The word negrophilia is derived from the French negrophilie that literally means love of the negro. It was a term that avant-garde artists used amongst themselves to describe their passion for black culture. Negrophilia was a craze in 1920s Paris, when to collect African art, to listen to jazz and to dance the Charleston, the Lindy Hop or the Black Bottom, was a sign of being modern and fashionable.[1] Sources of inspiration were inanimate African art objects (l'art negre) that found their way into Paris as a result of colonial trade with Africa as well as live performances by African-Americans many of whom were ex-soldiers remaining in European cities after the First World War who turned to entertainment for a source of income. Perhaps the most popular revue and entertainer during this time was La Revue Negre (1925) starring Josephine Baker.

• Like 4

i'm deeply embarrassed. I'M soo sorry!! dunno how that happend! well guess i'll have to delete my account then....

Edited by joe_mcentire

A nice read, but there's basically nothing we didn't already know, a bit disappointing.

- New server structure

- Updated art/map

I like turtles.

• Like 2

- New server structure

- Updated art/map

Are you reading the same thing as I am? I think not. Try again.

• Like 3

Wow the landscape looks amazing compared to Arma 2.

The Arma 2 landscape picture looks like it's on Low Settings? I'm pretty sure Arma 2 on Very High settings would look much much better than the one you compared in the picture

• Like 1

there are already nice informations and when he says, it is way too much to tell every fix and feature and he doesn't even know where to start...how is there a way not to overhype?!

The lighting looks great and the new military complex looks pretty awesome, stoked progress is starting to pick up to a level where the broader closed test is right around the corner. Can not wait to get my hands on this game, it sucks to wait but hopefully the wait results in the game most of us are hoping for. Really looking forward to not only the release but seeing what types of updates can be achieved over the next year or so of continuing development.

The Arma 2 landscape picture looks like it's on Low Settings? I'm pretty sure Arma 2 on Very High settings would look much much better than the one you compared in the picture

Nah, not really from that distance. Just tried it myself on very high and it's pretty much what it looks like.

• Like 1

Looks like this game will be damn addicting. Especially since it will grow even more awesome with time. The new inventory system seems to be much more effective and real, and all these new loot spawning possibilities are overwhelming. Not to speak of all the shiny graphics and ways of customizing your character.

Servers will run hotter than hot...