rocket

DayZ Devblog 25 Jan 2013

The quantity and condition of your magazines will be particularly important in the standalone.

thank you thank you thank you

At no point in development, have I been as excited as I am right now.

+1

now get over it and go back to work, I've got money to spend ;)

5 minutes of serious thinking and you should get it, if not i am sorry for you ;)

no offense, just common sense...

You assume I don't think before I post. I really have no idea how a zombie being female has any impact on the game.

You assume I don't think before I post. I really have no idea how a zombie being female has any impact on the game.

necrophilia...

edit: this is totally a joke, hope nobody gets offended

Edited by Xul
  • Like 1

Having zeds of both genders would help some of us a lot with the immersion.

^^ edit: RhaAaARGH! I'm a necrophiliac, and I'm offended! We have feelings too, you know.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 4

Bricks. (edit: how about bricks we can throw at zeds and survivors?)

Very interesting blogpost, however I kind of missed a little more information or screens of the inventorysystem.

how about extra forum goodies aka more screens?

So exited.

Edited by Dreist

Immersion. It was really strange not to see any female infected in the game. It's just my opinion, maybe you never even thought of it, but it will make the experience better for me personnaly.

It's amusing how excited people are about the female zombie picture specificly.

"Zombies? Meh. FEMALE ZOMBIE? AW YES!!"

Not gonna blame them, tho. I'm also pretty happy about more variety.

And, it was an interesting read, Dean!

The game is looking even better now!

how about extra forum goodies aka more screens?

So exited.

Yeah Rocket, you never post any screens. Make with the info, you reclusive hermit you.

Immersion. It was really strange not to see any female infected in the game. It's just my opinion, maybe you never even thought of it, but it will make the experience better for me personnaly.

I guess that's a pretty valid reason. It's personally never occurred to me, but yeah, maybe I'll notice.

|

v

Having zeds of both genders would help some of us a lot with the immersion.

this!

thanks for the update rocket, im so freaking excited about the game, would pay at least 50€ for it =D

I so hope those faces mean we can make a custom face, I'm getting sick of brawehart...

awgh, sooooon I'll be a tattooed bravehart

damn rocket teaser, next post better be the release post

It looks awesome, some pictures reminds me of fallout 2.

Keep up the good work!

Did you guys realise, that the female zombies looks so f..kin scary !!!??

Eeek, its painful to try to read that. Everything rocket says is followed by nerds spamming the chat so you cant even read it. :(

• Like 1

That female zombie looks awesome! Any chance of some night screenshots next time? Would love to see what night looks like with the new lighting and shaders!

• Like 1

Eeek, its painful to try to read that. Everything rocket says is followed by nerds spamming the chat so you cant even read it. :(

He has jumped on teamspeak

Coming along great, i'm loving the gameplay improvements.

but

Sorry to be negative about the lighting. I loved the stark reality of Arma 2 lighting, it was (and is) much more realistic than most other fps's, but in these latest screens the levels are turned way down towards the dark end of the scale, with such a lack of contrast it all looks far too flat now to be realistic... is this just a case of badly exported screenshots? or is it really how the lighting is rendered ingame? Mario, please sort those levels out!

I am so freakin' excited once I saw the options they are exploring, and I HOPE they find a way to make it work...

"We are exploring spawning all zombies and loot at the start of server initialization, again a huge departure from the previous mechanism."

You'll still get hosts that do server restarts to spawn loot :(

Snipers are going to have to work a lot harder to locate players.