rocket

DayZ Devblog 25 Jan 2013

Amazing! I'm finally getting a tattoo without my mom pestering me about it!

Looks really, really good. I have a question thought: will vehicles wrecks be the only new loot spawn location?

No info abaout the zombie pathfinding =(. I just got an idea, let's send our photos to devteam, so they'd put them in game. Could make really freak out when you'd see yourself-zombie running at you. Or some zombie-celebrities.

Just amazing!

We want more pictures and news, Rocket!

Edited by goroskob

We're finding loot in cars now? I like this, I like it a lot.

EDIT: Also: Comparison screenshot. It's good.

Edited by Max Planck

Photorealistic anyone??

But hey dean, I think colors could be little less vibrant, looks like there's a blue filter on the pictures or something.

Edited by Bat

The sky looks so much better! What about nighttime, will it be equally better looking? Can we see a pic of that?

Edited by klesh
  • Like 10

The sky looks so much better! What about a nighttime, will it be equally better looking? Can we see a pic of that?

Yes im curious about this as well. I love playing at night.

"We are exploring spawning all zombies and loot at the start of server initialization, again a huge departure from the previous mechanism. This solves many design and technical issues with the spawning and respawning of equipment, such as being able to metagame by telling whether players are in a village by seeing zombie’s have spawned."

I guess this would work if the server was restarted on a fairly regular basis.

"The risks and gambles we took last year, are now beginning to pay serious dividends for us."

Yea it is - Take my money please

"We are exploring spawning all zombies and loot at the start of server initialization, again a huge departure from the previous mechanism. This solves many design and technical issues with the spawning and respawning of equipment, such as being able to metagame by telling whether players are in a village by seeing zombie’s have spawned."

I guess this would work if the server was restarted on a fairly regular basis.

Zombies still respawn, it's just done server-side.

*screams in delight at the first zombie image and the fact that it is a female zombie* HAPPY DAYZ INDEED! =D

Well done devs, it all looks amazing! I wonder how night time looks with the improved graphics...

Oh by the way, Rocket, you put 2012 instead of 2013

I don't get what's so incredible about female zombies. o3o

5 minutes of serious thinking and you should get it, if not i am sorry for you ;)

no offense, just common sense...

awesome stuff cant wait ,ive added custom buildings to my server its a work in progress but you guys are free to join and give me suggestions, ip is 50.97.49.79:3272 thanks have fun

Closed Test Status

We have begun our internal closed testing (yes!) and have been working with Valve to ensure our new server browser system is working (we utilize Steam for this purpose rather than Gamespy as for ArmA2). The Server/Client architecture needs to be fully implemented before we will begin our public testing. We have not initiated our closed test that includes external people yet (such as streamers).

I just hope they do a beta for server strain.

simply amazing..every second we wait it's worth the time!

What i would love to see with the whole "everything is spawned on restart" would be fresh zombies spawning from things like graveyards and rising from the ground to wander in droves to the nearest cities/villages. (this would also help with the "no zombies in the woods" scenarios we have at the moment)

Now that would be awsome

Edited by Insaneo