griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

the game is all about to survive! so after u get to nw airport to equip urself with weapons you are able to fight the bandits or help the noobs! it makes fun to infiltrate other bases, starting big fights against 5 or more peoples but then it sucks to play this on dayz alpha while everyone is able to serverhopp/ghost away serverhopp back, kill from behind!

the game can be fun, much more fun once it is stable!

maybe they should add an option where you want to spawn! there are a few bigger cities

Zelenogorsk // Stary Sobor // Berezino // Krasnostav // Chernogorsk // Elektrozavodsk // Solnichniy // Kamyshovo

You are talking about multiplayer version, but i asked about standalone version.

Or standalone means a multiplayer server without connection to the central node?

You are talking about multiplayer version, but i asked about standalone version.

Or standalone means a multiplayer server without connection to the central node?

Standalone means "does not need Arma2 installed", therefore it can get rid of nasty Arma2-related bugs. The gameplay right now seems to be exactly the same, that is "one map, central hive, multiple servers, multiple players per server".

standalone means that dayz is its own game not a mod to arma 2. Got nothing to do with multiplayer or singleplayer or hiveconnections

the game is all about to survive! so after u get to nw airport to equip urself with weapons you are able to fight the bandits or help the noobs! it makes fun to infiltrate other bases, starting big fights against 5 or more peoples but then it sucks to play this on dayz alpha while everyone is able to serverhopp/ghost away serverhopp back, kill from behind!

the game can be fun, much more fun once it is stable!

maybe they should add an option where you want to spawn! there are a few bigger cities

Zelenogorsk // Stary Sobor // Berezino // Krasnostav // Chernogorsk // Elektrozavodsk // Solnichniy // Kamyshovo

That´s a pretty good suggestion, if they made it so everytime you log in you have to choose one of thoose cities.this would prevent the ghosting and spread out the starting action to a few of the bigger cities instead of just electro and cherno. Would also let you be able to meet your friends a little bit easier. Spawn points in thoose cities should be plenty tho so you never know where in the area you spawn. It would also prevent the server hopping between military spawns and make the military loot a little more inaccessable.

Edited by Nahj13

That´s a pretty good suggestion, if they made it so everytime you log in you have to choose one of thoose cities.this would prevent the ghosting and spread out the starting action to a few of the bigger cities instead of just electro and cherno. Would also let you be able to meet your friends a little bit easier. Spawn points in thoose cities should be plenty tho so you never know where in the area you spawn. It would also prevent the server hopping between military spawns and make the military loot a little more inaccessable.

Rocket on Reddit said something about having random spawn points in the near future and in the standalone as well.

i hope they wouldnt work on standalone for years sicne there is another project is on the move...

This is awesome! I can't wait to see how Rocket counters hackers and "ghosters". Should be interesting to watch this develop.

lol, monushka considering the amount of shit going on now, its more intresting to see if it get's developed at all

Standalone means "does not need Arma2 installed", therefore it can get rid of nasty Arma2-related bugs. The gameplay right now seems to be exactly the same, that is "one map, central hive, multiple servers, multiple players per server".

It leads to a new game engine, other graphics, other map, i hope the world will be same realistic as in arma2.

I think it costs 30$ for alpha and 60$ for release version. 15$ is to low to support so huge developing.

If they don't fix up these huge bugs which DayZ suffers at the moment the will continue losing players (Already lost a huge amount of them)! And also the trust in dev team will be gne.

If the Mod has problems like this (Saving cars) no one will buy the full version, cause dev team doesn't say/do anything about it, this breaks the game and the trust in Rocket!

If they don't fix up these huge bugs which DayZ suffers at the moment the will continue losing players (Already lost a huge amount of them)! And also the trust in dev team will be gne.

If the Mod has problems like this (Saving cars) no one will buy the full version, cause dev team doesn't say/do anything about it, this breaks the game and the trust in Rocket!

I'm happy to wait another month for the fix. I think this is a fantastic way of weaning out all of the impatient little brats who throw their toys out of their prams as soon as something happens that they aren't happy with. Stick to COD. Or the Wii. Whatever it is school kids are playing these days.

• Like 3

It leads to a new game engine, other graphics, other map, i hope the world will be same realistic as in arma2.

I think it costs 30$ for alpha and 60$ for release version. 15$ is to low to support so huge developing.

Rocket said himself he doesn't see the full release of DayZ ever costing more than 30 dollars, and he's mentioned a few times 15 Euros for DayZ alpha, but that's not official yet.

I really hope the standalone goes live by October, I can't wait to play without hackers and the bugs. :D

I'm happy to wait another month for the fix. I think this is a fantastic way of weaning out all of the impatient little brats who throw their toys out of their prams as soon as something happens that they aren't happy with. Stick to COD. Or the Wii. Whatever it is school kids are playing these days.

Ok, if you are happy with a bug like this and actually 'like' it, then this is your own opinion. But the feedback shows that almost everyone wants an answer or any sign of the dev team regarding this topic with savin cars etc! I pay for my server monthly and DayZ is not playable at the moment, at least it makes no sense. Once you're fully equipped you have no motivation to go on, because there is no possibility to save more loot.

I don't know where your problem is, but such heavy problems should get AT LEAST some feedback of the developer, no matter who this is or what game it is. Because this absolutely breaks the game, it takes the motivation to even start DayZ. We are a group of 9 players on my server but since the 1.7.2.5 we played DayZ in total for about 3 hours, cause all our cars, tents and loot was gone.. If DayZ stays like this till the standalone a lot of potential customers won't be ready to buy it because of this, because there is no support at all atm!

Ok, if you are happy with a bug like this and actually 'like' it, then this is your own opinion. But the feedback shows that almost everyone wants an answer or any sign of the dev team regarding this topic with savin cars etc! I pay for my server monthly and DayZ is not playable at the moment, at least it makes no sense. Once you're fully equipped you have no motivation to go on, because there is no possibility to save more loot.

I don't know where your problem is, but such heavy problems should get AT LEAST some feedback of the developer, no matter who this is or what game it is. Because this absolutely breaks the game, it takes the motivation to even start DayZ. We are a group of 9 players on my server but since the 1.7.2.5 we played DayZ in total for about 3 hours, cause all our cars, tents and loot was gone.. If DayZ stays like this till the standalone a lot of potential customers won't be ready to buy it because of this, because there is no support at all atm!

You don't have to justify yourself, kindly ignore HC-fans like Jim Bean.

You're totally right, it's about time they say at least something

• Like 2

Great to hear but I still have a few questions:

The game will be released in an Alpha build for a low price point: How will this influence updates and stuff? Do we have to wait for weeks before certain things are fixed (graphical glitches) ?

Is there any info on which anti-cheat software will be used?

Will the updates for the stand-alone and mod come at the same time or does the stand-alone get updated first and then the mod?

Great to hear but I still have a few questions:

The game will be released in an Alpha build for a low price point: How will this influence updates and stuff? Do we have to wait for weeks before certain things are fixed (graphical glitches) ?

Is there any info on which anti-cheat software will be used?

Will the updates for the stand-alone and mod come at the same time or does the stand-alone get updated first and then the mod?

These are the questions which may be a reason for a lot of players to not buy the standalone, at least not in the first weeks/months after release. DayZ has a huge fanbase right now, but Rocket an Co let them sit in the dark without information. In times when State of Decay and The WarZ are about to enter the final part of development this could be deadly for DayZ, cause a lot of players might change the game one of them. We don't know if we have to fight for weeks agains bugs like it is right now or if they test their updates seriously on various systems and shoot out some hotfixes if someone goes wrong..

...no one knows.. Top reason to not buy the standalone after release..

I'll buy DayZ of course. But *Buys Arma 2 Combined Operations* *Day later Standalone confirmed* Are you kidding me xD

These are the questions which may be a reason for a lot of players to not buy the standalone, at least not in the first weeks/months after release. DayZ has a huge fanbase right now, but Rocket an Co let them sit in the dark without information. In times when State of Decay and The WarZ are about to enter the final part of development this could be deadly for DayZ, cause a lot of players might change the game one of them. We don't know if we have to fight for weeks agains bugs like it is right now or if they test their updates seriously on various systems and shoot out some hotfixes if someone goes wrong..

...no one knows.. Top reason to not buy the standalone after release..

No, the people whining the loudest often, if not always, are very committed to the game and just fail in voicing their opinions/worries in a mature way. They are gonna buy it anyway, no doubt.

If this was my first gaming forum, I'd be very puzzled by the combination of passion, sense of entitlement and lack of reading/listening comprehension many people here display.

You are not left sitting in the dark, quite the opposite - there is a very healthy communication between devs and playerbase (playtesterbase?) You just dig this game and want more, more, more of your fix...nothing else.

Also, the thought of State of Decay and WarZ being deadly for DayZ is as cute as it is hilarious..^^

Edited by Fector
  • Like 3

There is certainly a lot of Arma/BIS experts in this thread.

• Like 1

Dayz will be worth what ever it costs.. since DayZ is Free (ARMA2 Required $30) it should have a price.. i think Rocket will make it reasonable but its worth what ever it costs

PLEASE Take this suggestion, because above all this will make EVERYONE happy.

Add LOWER graphical quality than ARMA 2 Free and BETTER graphical quality than Combined Operaions.

My computer can't play ARMA too good, and when DayZ comes out I will DEFINITELY buy it... If I can run it.

So lower graphics allow people with bad computers to play the game!

Other people have BEASTS of computers that can handle amazing graphics, so they would obviously want BETTER GRAPHICS!!! Please take my suggestion!

I really hope the standalone goes live by October, I can't wait to play without hackers and the bugs. :D

There will be bugs. Most likely a lot of them. The community will be used for QA which is not a bad idea - large cheap test team. And thats not being cynical. Releasing it in Alpha state means that defects will be found sooner rather than later and customer requirements (i.e. our desires for the game) can feed directly into the development process resulting in an end product that is for the most part exactly what we want.

Also if they adopt an agile type methodology, which I suspect they will, then we'll be getting fixes\new features every few weeks. It really is a good idea if you have the right customer type. I say that because customers need to know and accept they are paying for an Alpha State game and that they need to contribute to the games development. I'm personally quite excited to see how the development of this game progresses. If its successful then other companies in the industry may adopt the same methodology.

Edited by M_B