Kyiara

Stable Update 1.12

19 hours ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

I like the idea of the sporter being more easily suppressed but it should still be loud like the other pistol calibers, @DefectiveWater.

Not sure if you’ve ever shot a .22 in real life but many of them are extremely quiet, especially compared to a .357, .38 or .45. I once shot a .17 HMR in my backyard and my neighbor was raking leaves about 100 feet behind me and didn’t hear a thing. I’m less upset about the volume changes than everyone else, although I do admit they were more realistic before. 

• Thanks 1

Hotfix 1 (Version 1.12.153891 - released 28.4.2021)

NOTES

• Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

GAME

ADDED

• More RPT log messages in case data verification goes wrong

FIXED

• A possible server crash related to modded servers
  • Infected were able to walk through doors at certain locations
  • Wrong values in 7.62x54 and .308 ammunition configuration (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T157734#2179006)
  • Wrong shock fall off settings for 7.62x39 ammunition
  • PBO file paths being clipped by the dialogue screen
  • When more than one mod was missing, it would not display which ones (only when there was only one mod missing)
  • A string was not properly translated for one connection error message (STR_ve_m_rogue_pbo1)
  • Minor configuration errors within CE setups
  • Position in queue not shown when using direct connect
  • Connection/queue screen leave button was not visible

CHANGED

• ExtraMod and MissingMod messages will now also display the PBO that triggered the fail
  • When the game detects that a mod might be out of date, it will also display the PBO that triggered the fail
  • Reduced effective range and damage of 7.62x54 and .308 ammunition

SERVER

• Fixed: The Eggsperimental Capsule was set to spawn on Community servers
  • Fixed: Server log messages displaying information that should only be displayed on client
  • Fixed: Server log kick messages having string tags instead of the actual message
  • Fixed: Server log kick messages having new lines (they are replaced with spaces now)

MODDING

• Like 1

Okay, slowly but surely some things are getting addressed. I wonder where 1.12 will end up in terms of balance, because it has more potential than 1.11.

I really like the kick messages, before it was just a guessing game, now it actually can inform you why you got kicked.

Is there any reference documentation about the new kick error codes? What do they mean?

@Kyiara

please guys fix the firerate issue for automatic weapons. m4 and akm have the same firerate when they shouldnt..

it also takes all potential variety out of modded weapons

Edited by Buakaw

On 4/25/2021 at 9:20 PM, Kyiara said:

We have found the issue and before providing the fix, we just want to make sure it´s working properly and not causing more trouble. Thank you for your patience.

Can.we get back the russian roullete for the magnum before any new weapons please as that feature.actually make it worth taking hostages

To answer my own question. Yes the cars are still broken. 

Struggling to understand why the Dev`s seem so unwilling to address the issue. Or maybe just remove them until fixed?? They had to resort to removing all the Z`s at one point so its not unheard of. 

Really is like the big zombie elephant in the room, its hilarious now. 

7 minutes ago, Dwardo Rodregez said:

Struggling to understand why the Dev`s seem so unwilling to address the issue.

Who's to say they aren't willing to fix it? cars are tied to server performance/network and client performance, they did specify they plan on trying to fix it by the end of the year.

You don't know how big of an issue it might be to fix the cars, they will probably have to rework the entire physics engine, that takes time (even more time when you are short-staffed compared to AAA studios that make games on a smaller scale than DayZ).

Cars work somewhat fine IF: you have a good system, you have a good connection, you are playing on a good server... but that's too many "ifs".

There's a reason why so many flying car videos you see are on consoles. Slow hardware paired with bad servers = issues. Hope it get's sorted out by the end of the year so all car complainers can finally shut up.

Edited by DefectiveWater

1 minute ago, DefectiveWater said:

Who's to say they aren't willing to fix it? cars are tied to server performance, they did specify they plan on trying to fix it by the end of the year.

You don't know how big of an issue it might be to fix the cars, they will probably have to rework the entire physics engine, that takes time (even more time when you are short-staffed compared to AAA studios that make games on a smaller scale than DayZ).

Cars work somewhat fine IF: you have a good system, you have a good connection, you are playing on a good server... but that's too many "ifs".

Please forward me to a post where they have addressed the issue or cars recently. Some kind of plan or why its such a difficult issue to address. Or as I said just remove them until they work? 

Correct I have no idea how hard it is to resolve the issue and I would like to hear why. Honestly would be interested in an explanation as opposed to it just being ignored. 

Due to the nature of the game which is brilliant and had me hooked since day 1, means that you get invested in a character, its not run and gun after all. Then to put a lot of time into a character and have it all blown to bits by a bug that's been around for months/years is the killer. Yes getting sloppy and killed by Z`s is a part of the game. Same as being shot from afar due to not keeping you head down. Yet being killed by well known bugs time after time is just infuriating and ultimately game killing.  

• Beans 1

37 minutes ago, Dwardo Rodregez said:

Please forward me to a post where they have addressed the issue or cars recently.

https://www.bohemia.net/blog/dayz-2020-year-in-review

Last part: "The Journey continues - DayZ in 2021"

They talked that they "hope" to resolve the issue.

I assume the issue happens when server has to calculate physics, but your game lags or your network lags, or the server lags so dumb stuff happens. I mean... if other games have working cars, so it's not like it's impossible to implement it. It's just that it will probably require rewriting the entirety of physics calculation or a large majority of it (I'm just guessing).

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

I assume the issue happens when server has to calculate physics, but your game lags or your network lags, or the server lags so dumb stuff happens. I mean... if other games have working cars, so it's not like it's impossible to implement it. It's just that it will probably require rewriting the entirety of physics calculation or a large majority of it (I'm just guessing).

For what it’s worth, I rarely have issues with cars on console anymore, and I usually play on full or nearly full servers. Especially since I upgraded to a Series X. Cars run fine. Traction still sucks but I can’t remember the last time I Harry pottered in one.

Definitely a overall server issue, but I’d love to see hard data on what types of connections and servers people are playing on when they see cars catapult. I’m sure it varies wildly. Maybe one day we will get a car focused stress test server to generate data. 

Hotfix 2 (Version 1.12.153895 - released 03.5.2021)

NOTES

• Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q.DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

GAME

SERVER

• Fixed: DayZDiag.exe was crashing when run as a server

2 hours ago, andro_dawton said:

No Game fix for the Queue?

that was fixed in the previous hotfix. I know I was in a queue last night and I saw the number.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

Not sure why console peeps post in this thread.

because console still has the same issues 🤔 is it that hard to understand.

12 hours ago, thepoey said:

For what it’s worth, I rarely have issues with cars on console anymore, and I usually play on full or nearly full servers. Especially since I upgraded to a Series X. Cars run fine. Traction still sucks but I can’t remember the last time I Harry pottered in one.

Definitely a overall server issue, but I’d love to see hard data on what types of connections and servers people are playing on when they see cars catapult. I’m sure it varies wildly. Maybe one day we will get a car focused stress test server to generate data. 

Game crashed? You die.
Server lag? You die.
Network glitch? You die.
Hit a small immovable object at speed? You die.
Take off a wheel, and the car takes off? You die.
You die, you die, you die.

But please fix duping first. Give each item a UID in instantiation. If the server seems two items with the same id, nerf them both. Job done. No more excuses Bohemia - unlike the cars where it already seems to have been badly applied, this isn't rocket science.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

that was fixed in the previous hotfix. I know I was in a queue last night and I saw the number.

It was shown as fixed in the Experimantal Fix 6 1.12.153895:

But with Stable Hotfix 2 1.12.153895 it is not shown as fixed?!

Edited by andro_dawton

1.12 has been live a while now and people have been able to get a feel for what the various changes have brought, here is some feedback I have gathered from players on my servers about the infected dropping aggro when players fall unconscious:

• When a group of players is involved this is how it should be. Their first target drops - but someone else is on their "shit list" - so they go "kill YOU!!!" and run for that guy instead. The fallen player has a chance to wake up and crawl to safety to patch up while the others deal with the infected. It has added a fun dynamic to the gameplay.
  • In PVP situations it is a similar feeling - if you get shot and drop unconscious you won't immediately be finished off by enraged infected, instead your would be killer has to deal with them first and you have a slight chance to survive despite everything. I've had some fun situations due to this.
  • When solo it sucks. You get rushed by a horde and they beat you senseless. Then they just stand there gurgling until you wake up when they aggro again and knock you out again - this goes on until you are killed instead of knocked out. It creates a lot of frustration. Everyone I have talked to would prefer that the infected just finish them off right away... Either that or make the unconsciousness last longer so the infected have time to wander off - so they won't immediately attack again - or make it possible to "play" dead when you wake up - let the player decide when to actually start moving. This would also be useful in pvp situations

Other than that, whatever happened with infected eating the dead? I know it was planned and even briefly implemented in some 0.5X experimental build, but never seen since then: https://imgur.com/nI1iDsL

Managed to find the old video when that animation was mocapped with Dean Hall: 

2013!

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 1

Hotfix 3 (Version 1.12.153904 (Released on 05.05.2021)

NOTES

• In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q.DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed a game crash related to ammunition types
  • Tents inventories were accessible from outside
  • Heavy hit and immediate fall into unconscious caused iron sights offset, requiring a restart of the game

CHANGED

• Temporarily disabled the Eggsperimental Capsule
  • Increased the audible range of assault rifles to 2.5 km
  • Increased the audible range of sniper rifles to 3.5 km
  • increased the audibility of pistol shots up to 800 meters
  • Increased the audibility of SMG and shotgun shots up to 1.4 km
  • Tweaked weapon sound curves
  • Reduced the damage to tools when building/repairing/dismantling base building objects
  • Increased protection of plate carrier vest against the incoming shock and health damage
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, lynn.zaw said:

Increased protection of plate carrier vest against the incoming shock and health damage

So I assume that shock values are as they were, and we will still go uncon from .308 and x54r to the legs (if you get broken legs)? Could this get changed, breaking one's legs is enough of a punishment for a shot that missed center mass.

2 hours ago, lynn.zaw said:

CHANGED

• Temporarily disabled the Eggsperimental Capsule

How Temporarily?  Like a few hours? 

Servers can manually turn this back on right? 

guys pole ground of ground when you made it by shovel its still in air not on the ground and its prloblem to plant enything

On 5/2/2021 at 9:50 PM, DefectiveWater said:

Ah ok missed that one line lol. 

Would be nice to know why its so difficult to fix and why not just remove them? It is such a large part of the game yet it is ignored "aside from the one line posted above in more than a year"... Ignoring the fact just loses credibility all round. 

I await the next pumping out of a DLC to grab more funds that will be wasted and we still end up with a game that has Major flaws that are too silly to talk about.