Kyiara

Stable Update 1.12

36 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

I think I'd much prefer it if Deer Isle was a warmer weather map. Esseker's temp is great. Not too hot, not too cold. So, spending too long near a fire and you'll overheat. But the nights can be chilly if you're too underdressed. It's really added a great change to my DayZ play. I am sooooo tired of the constant cold on the other maps.

My only issue with Esseker is that it's unfinished. But if the rest of the map is half as good as the playable part now, it'll be great. It's really only a PVP map at the moment though, cos of its size and the 50 player allowance. It's impossible not to run into people, which is both a good thing and a bad one. I've had more interaction and team ups in 3 days on Esseker than any other map and the actual city of Esseker is the best I've ever seen in the game. It's extremely well designed, even if it is essentially a death trap. 😟

See Esseker and die.

Yeah I'm saving Esseker for when it is more complete. I changed the season and temperatures on my Deer Isle server so it is summer (it certainly looks the part), so people won't get cold unless they're wet or out in the night with poor clothing. It's a welcome change from the constant hunt for "best insulation" clothing...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Yeah I'm saving Esseker for when it is more complete. I changed the season and temperatures on my Deer Isle server so it is summer (it certainly looks the part), so people won't get cold unless they're wet or out in the night with poor clothing. It's a welcome change from the constant hunt for "best insulation" clothing...

What's your server name D? I'll pop on and have a go, if the ping isn't too bad. I'm in Ireland. If you're in the States, it might not work.

On 5/23/2021 at 1:30 PM, Tonyeh said:

Have helmets been rendered completely useless in 1.12?

As an addendum to the above, I'm getting the feeling that all armour is now pretty useless and is actually just added weight. It might protect you from getting killed on the first shot, but with the new shock damage, you just get killed anyway, whether it's from another round while you're unconscious or when you come to and automatically get up and give away your position <- if they are intent on keeping the shock damage as it is, then the devs really need to let the player stay in the unconscious position and play dead until they press a button to get up.

For the time being, I've dropped all armour in favour of more stamina. Because, if I get hit I'm buggered anyway, so what's the point in loading myself down when speed is now more important.

As an aside, I'm fucking sick of snipers. It's the most cowardly way to play the game. I'll never understand these arseholes that just sit there for hours just waiting to shoot some player (whose probably spent ages trying to get some loot) from the safety of 500 yards away. They are an absolute scourge. If I had my way, I'd get rid of all long range scopes out of the game altogether. 🤬

In Esseker yesterday, I was getting sniped at the police station in Novi Grad. There's a block of flats over looking it and these cunts just sit there picking off other players. I hid in some bushes, that provided some cover, watching this for a good while and I was warning players, when they entered the car park at the back of the station, telling them that there was a sniper in the apartments. They usually thanked me and went the other way. Some ignored me and got shot.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, I overheard a group of players talking. They were going into the building flush this dickhead out. There was an almighty firefight and the sniping was over. For the time being.

Fair play to those lads. I wanted to say well done, but they probably would have shot me too. 😆

Edited by Tonyeh
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

15 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

As an addendum to the above, I'm getting the feeling that all armour is now pretty useless and is actually just added weight.

Plates now can tank up to 3 x54r rounds (4th one will kill you), but 2 will get you uncon.

Single Mosin shot does something like 27 damage and ~60? shock damage.

So... if you have an SVD, you can keep pumping out shot after shot, the target will get staggered EVERY TIME and player will be unable to move, until you either stop shooting so the stagger animation plays out and he goes uncon. OOOOR if you continue shooting he will die.

Example of this:

My opinion of 1.12 is this: there is too much of a gap between no armor and a plate (why does an M4 almost one shot kill to the unarmored torso?). Bullets need to have armor pen values (thus, .357 could get a damage buff while being shit against armor), 9mm should be practically useless against plates when it comes to HP damage, but Mosin should NOT do only 27 damage to a plate.

Damage system seems to be more in-depth than in 1.11, and I'm thankful for that, but it's still not good in my opinion.
Edited by DefectiveWater

33 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

What's your server name D? I'll pop on and have a go, if the ping isn't too bad. I'm in Ireland. If you're in the States, it might not work.

It's simply "Derleth's Den", I have zero imagination and no interest in following old server name conventions 😄

• Beans 1

5 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

Plates now can tank up to 3 x54r rounds (4th one will kill you), but 2 will get you uncon.

Single Mosin shot does something like 27 damage and ~60? shock.

So... if you have an SVD, you can keep pumping out shot after shot, the target will get staggered EVERY TIME and player will be unable to move, until you either stop shooting so the stagger animation plays out and he goes uncon. OOOOR if you continue shooting he will die.

Example of this:

You still have to hit him and to be fair getting slammed with .308 or 7.62x54 will stagger anyone. The annoying part here is that on the receiving end you can't even throw yourself on the ground in that situation. Then he would only have hit once. So by all means the stagger can stay - but allow going emergency prone even when staggering or at least that taking priority even if another hit comes after the first animation starts.

• Beans 1

7 minutes ago, Derleth said:

So by all means the stagger can stay - but allow going emergency prone

Oh I'm fine with stagger, what I'm not fine with is how clunky it is, so I do agree with you in a way.

That clip from twitter just shows how bad it can be, and it would have been that way with EVERY gun that fires larger than .45 ACP if everyone didn't complain about 1.12 at the beginning...

Stagger should be a semi-lock, or a "slowdown" kinda thing, not "welp... I can't do anything at all".

And the worst thing is, stagger animation cancels the uncon, the target should have gone uncon from the second shot, but because M1NDR kept pumping out shots, it always went back to the stagger animation.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

18 minutes ago, Derleth said:

It's simply "Derleth's Den", I have zero imagination and no interest in following old server name conventions 😄

Grand. I'll have a look when my current toon snuffs it.

40 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

Single Mosin shot does something like 27 damage and ~60? shock damage.

Example of this:

That's kinda crazy.

Really, he should just go down unconscious when hit like that. They could probably just get rid of of the stagger animation and leave it as a knock out effect. I mean, it's "better" than before where players just ran off not a bother. But it certainly needs tweaking.

On the other hand that's some crazy shooting. I've never even seen a bloody SVD so I don't know if that's just standard with that gun.

26 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

That's kinda crazy.

Really, he should just go down unconscious when hit like that. They could probably just get rid of of the stagger animation and leave it as a knock out effect. I mean, it's "better" than before where players just ran off not a bother. But it certainly needs tweaking.

On the other hand that's some crazy shooting. I've never even seen a bloody SVD so I don't know if that's just standard with that gun.

It has a modded rail and scope on it so heck knows what other tweaks the server has - the guy could also have been wearing that reinforced plate carrier (regular plate carrier + extra armour plates, from Mass mod iirc). It is always awkward to say boo or baa about game features based on what happens on modded servers. On the other hand I don't even remember how the SVD behaves with a PSO-1 scope so I can't tell if there's any difference...

• Beans 1

29 minutes ago, Derleth said:

It has a modded rail and scope on it so heck knows what other tweaks the server has - the guy could also have been wearing that reinforced plate carrier (regular plate carrier + extra armour plates, from Mass mod iirc). It is always awkward to say boo or baa about game features based on what happens on modded servers. On the other hand I don't even remember how the SVD behaves with a PSO-1 scope so I can't tell if there's any difference...

Doesn't matter what armor you have, this proves that the stagger animations cancels out uncon mechanic. It's just a badly made mechanic.

Considering that Mosin does like ~27 damage against a plate (I can't test it myself, but I heard that number somewhere.), that means that it would take 4 shots to kill somebody, and it took 4 shots to kill a player with the SVD in the clip.
I doubt recoil or damage values were changed for that gun, since KK usually keeps vanilla stats of guns, but they only add guns that fill in gaps in the CLE (like semi auto AK variant, semi auto 9mm rifle, semi auto 5.56, more .380 ACP guns, .357 chambered 1911... so stuff within the "vanilla-feel").

Blaze VS plate carrier does less than 30 damage, so Mosin doing ~27 damage seems very much possible (and SVD also ~27 damage = 4 shots to kill like in the twitter clip).

56 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

Really, he should just go down unconscious when hit like that.

Yeah... uncon animation should playout whenever your shock goes over the threshold so that you can't get stun locked like this.

Edited by DefectiveWater

39 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

Yeah... uncon animation should playout whenever your shock goes over the threshold so that you can't get stun locked like this.

I dunno if there's a random element at play with this new stuff. I hit a player yesterday with one shot from a CR527 in a piano house in Esseker. He went down immediately unconscious and I didn't notice any stagger animation. He just dropped. He had the press vest on.

The CR527 seems to be worth picking up now though. It was pants before.

20 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

I dunno if there's a random element at play with this new stuff. I hit a player yesterday with one shot from a CR527 in a piano house in Esseker. He went down immediately unconscious and I didn't notice any stagger animation. He just dropped. He had the press vest on.

The CR527 seems to be worth picking up now though. It was pants before.

CR527 doesn't have stagger, all there is to it.

SKS is also very good, 300 meters uncons to the chest with no armor, CR should be around 350 IIRC.

Only .308 and x54r have it. maaaaybe slugs too, not sure.

Edited by DefectiveWater

1 hour ago, DefectiveWater said:

CR527 doesn't have stagger, all there is to it.

Ah right. That explains that then.

15 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

Doesn't matter what armor you have, this proves that the stagger animations cancels out uncon mechanic. It's just a badly made mechanic.

Definitely agree. Actually I doubt this is intended behaviour, but rather an oversight with the design. Hopefully changed soon.

On 5/25/2021 at 6:22 PM, Tonyeh said:

As an aside, I'm fucking sick of snipers. It's the most cowardly way to play the game. I'll never understand these arseholes that just sit there for hours just waiting to shoot some player (whose probably spent ages trying to get some loot) from the safety of 500 yards away. They are an absolute scourge. If I had my way, I'd get rid of all long range scopes out of the game altogether. 🤬

Git gud scrub. 🤣

I mean it's not exactly easy to snipe a moving target considering how fast people can move in this game, let alone zig zag.

Meanwhile in QCQ, you could just spray and pray with your AR, or Vaiga.

Edited by 'AZAZEL'

They're cowardly cunts that shoot at players from safety. They're not even interested in taking their loot. They are they absolute worst type of DayZ player and think they have some sort of "skill". 😆

There's nothing to "git gud" about.

They're just wankers of the lowest sort.

23 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

They are they absolute worst type of DayZ player and think they have some sort of "skill". 😆

Well it certainly takes more skill to shoot people from a distance than point blank range tho...

Edited by 'AZAZEL'
  • Like 2

On 5/27/2021 at 6:30 PM, Tonyeh said:

They're cowardly cunts that shoot at players from safety. They're not even interested in taking their loot. They are they absolute worst type of DayZ player and think they have some sort of "skill". 😆

There's nothing to "git gud" about.

They're just wankers of the lowest sort.

Loot is interesting but it's much more fun to use dead cunts as bait 😛

17 hours ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

Well it certainly takes more skill to shoot people from a distance than point blank range tho...

Camping and waiting around for someone to wander into your field of view then clicking a mouse over them isn't a skill.

On 5/29/2021 at 11:12 AM, Tonyeh said:

Camping and waiting around for someone to wander into your field of view then clicking a mouse over them isn't a skill.

That works in CoD, not in DayZ. At least, not yet. Compared to sniping, running door to door and blasting fools CQB is really just about pointing the barel of a gun in the general direction a pulling the trigger until it goes click. All my easy kills were CQB or short distance up to 50 meters. 

15 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

There are LOADS of campers in DayZ.

That's true. That is why I dont play 3rd person (altho i love to see my char) too many wall and rooftop peakers. 

But a ,1st person, sniper camping is not that bad. Just dont stand still for more then 2 seconds out in the open. That'll get you killed. 

If all he has is a sniper Just zig and zag his ass and close the Gap. 

And a sniper insta killing you while you are on the move is tough to take but Kudos on the shot. Its not that easy. 

Me and a buddy were taking on another duo in the ice plains on Namalsk. The battle took 10 minutes of sniper shots going back and forth. In the end we all ran out of ammo/blood before we went for close combat. 

Sniping is not that easy as some make it seem. 😉

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

I don't think I could ever go back to 1PP now.

Funny though, when I first started playing the game I'd always be in 1PP and everyone else was in 3PP.

Sniping isn't really that difficult though. A simple understanding of leading and knowing how to roughly judge your range and Bob's your uncle. Plus, with the high powered rifles on offer in the game all you need is one shot.

My problem with that type of player extends beyond that however.

In a close quarters fight, it's you against the other guy. With these camper/sniper twats it's just the other guy doing the shooting which makes everything easier for him.

Fuck those types.

There is still one more type of player worse than 3pp camping hero. And that's 3pp camping hero with scripts enabled. So he knows exactly where other people are and can also snipe them through multiple walls with a push of a button. So yeah: people can always get even more annoying.