Kyiara

Stable Update 1.12

2 hours ago, kevo1414 said:

How do you deal with zombies in 1.12?

I can see they are quite stronger then before which is very cool addition for me. However, I wonder how do you loot town if you play solo and you only have meele weapon? I know you can kill them by killing them from behind but most of the time, they hear me before I approach them even tho I'm crounching.

Is it normal nowadays to go slowly through townor am I the only fool who goes slow through towns to avoid aggroing zombies? Should I loot towns without shoes to be more quiet or this is not the right approach?

I really have a truly hard time with zombies playing solo, which is awesome because I actually have a reason to team up with people.

Power swing once. Hit normal during stagger animation. Evade their attack till stamina is up a bit. Power swing again. Hit normal during stagger animation again. Done! 

Multiple? Lock them up. 

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1

16 hours ago, Derleth said:

This is the exact reason this has been made. These towers never had loot in Livonia, and now someone has remembered to scratch them from Cherno too. Some like it, some don't - I also loved doing the perimeter run getting geared to my teeth while pvp nuts brawled it out inside the base - but the gear will spawn somewhere else - so maybe those damn Arma 3 barracks will be worth searching at last...

Yeh, but you see the thing was that lots, lots, of players never checked the green towers because they thought that no loot spawned there. So, there was a good chance of finding a nice surprise.

Now, we have to go into the base, which has often been picked clean of anything worthwhile. It'll just be glowsticks and mags for guns most people will never even see.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

22 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Yeh, but you see the thing was that lots, lots, of players never checked the green towers because they thought that no loot spawned there. So, there was a good chance of finding a nice surprise.

For very long they didn't have loot, at least I never found anything there. Same with "military" deer stands, I did not understood what's the point for a long time until finally loot started spawning there. Still I would never go through each and every guard tower on a perimeter like the NWAF, but it was nice to see loot there. 

On 5/18/2021 at 4:57 PM, Derleth said:

... but the gear will spawn somewhere else - so maybe those damn Arma 3 barracks will be worth searching at last...

Wouldn't that be something? 😄 also apartment buildings and generally speaking anything larger than a house. Even the piano house is shit these days (though frankly it is since I started playing in 0.62). On the other hand I have noticed that bus terminals are packed with clothing and food ... but also has crap ton of infected usually 😄 

• Beans 1

49 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

On the other hand I have noticed that bus terminals are packed with clothing and food ...

oh yeah... I once found like 8 packs of rice and some jam on high pop vanilla at a bus terminal in Novodmitrovsk... I found so much food that I managed to get to full food lol

And also like 5-6 magnums in Novaya Petrovka

I think that was in 1.11, server wasn't modded at all

Okey folks, we have the same problem as 5 years ago. Zombies goes through walls/doors easily.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, kevo1414 said:

Okey folks, we have the same problem as 5 years ago. Zombies goes through walls/doors easily.

What server/map? 

Have no problems on namalsk, but a lot of infected go through Doors on Esseker. Havent played chernarus in a while. 

Or is it a very very bad way of simulating that they can break through Doors now? 😂

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, kevo1414 said:

This was happening on a few specific doors and buildings in 1.11, but it was supposedly fixed in 1.12. At least on Livonia and Chernarus. 

3 hours ago, thepoey said:

This was happening on a few specific doors and buildings in 1.11, but it was supposedly fixed in 1.12. At least on Livonia and Chernarus. 

Nothing like that happening on the servers I play on. Whenever infected "walk through doors" now it is nearly always due to lag & desync - the player thinks he has closed the door but the server never registered the action due to lag - so the zombie happily walks through the mirage of a closed door and whacks a very surprised player.

The only other case it happens is on modded maps where the navmesh is not 100% up to date.

This is all due to doors and walls not actually having any collision detection with AI - it's just the navmesh that tells them if they can or cannot go somewhere. Easy to see when they are piled up outside wanting to get to you, you'll see the odd face, hand or elbow peeking through the closed door.. (In the case of bears half the bloody animal will stick through the wall, scared me to death...) I wish they'd increase the dead zone in the navmesh outside closed doors so we don't see as much clipping, it looks unprofessional.

Edited by Derleth

8 hours ago, Derleth said:

I wish they'd increase the dead zone in the navmesh outside closed doors so we don't see as much clipping, it looks unprofessional.

Well to be fair, it's a small team working on a mod 😛 we can only dream that big studio notices this game and pours in proper resources.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, McWendy said:

What server/map? 

Have no problems on namalsk, but a lot of infected go through Doors on Esseker. Havent played chernarus in a while. 

Or is it a very very bad way of simulating that they can break through Doors now? 😂

Chernarus, DayOne server.

19 hours ago, kevo1414 said:

You playing on Esseker aren't you.

The infected don't give a tinkers cuss about closed doors on that map. They'll waltz right in through.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tonyeh said:

You playing on Esseker aren't you.

The infected don't give a tinkers cuss about closed doors on that map. They'll waltz right in through.

They sure do. Still a WiP that map but annoying indeed

2 hours ago, McWendy said:

They sure do. Still a WiP that map but annoying indeed

Looks good that map, but I'll wait for it to be more complete before  playing on it. Deer Isle was pretty but small and broken in the beginning, now it's a bloody masterpiece. Esseker follows the same pattern...

• Like 1

Been playing Esseker all morning, ever since I had a slight disagreement with a couple of bears on Namalsk.

The lack of safety with closed doors is an issue, there's some gear you can't use and there's loads of cowardly cunts snipers who just want to wreck people's game. But other than that, it's been pretty good. The weather is a REALLY welcome change too. It's pretty mild, so no running around like a pyromaniac lighting fires every 30 minutes.

Feels different enough to Chernarus, which is where I felt Deer Isle let itself down.

56 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Looks good that map, but I'll wait for it to be more complete before  playing on it. Deer Isle was pretty but small and broken in the beginning, now it's a bloody masterpiece. Esseker follows the same pattern...

Still need to try out Deer Isle. Once we finally get to the Ice Outpost on Namalsk that map is next in Line 🙂

But man is it busy traffic on the Ice plates... 

2 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Feels different enough to Chernarus, which is where I felt Deer Isle let itself down.

Have you tried Deer Isle recently? It has come a long way, there is so much to explore now, and much of it very very different from Chernarus. The starting island (which was the entire Deer Isle at first iirc...) is deceptively similar, but once you leave that and start roaming the greater isle it is nothing like Cherno...

Edited by Derleth

24 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Have you tried Deer Isle recently? It has come a long way, there is so much to explore now, and much of it very very different from Chernarus. The starting island (which was the entire Deer Isle at first iirc...) is deceptively similar, but once you leave that and start roaming the greater isle it is nothing like Cherno...

Couldn't agree more.  Deer Isle is by far my favorite of them all at the moment.

2 hours ago, Derleth said:

I haven't been on it in about a month. Got caught up in the whole Namalsk thing. But I've pretty much walked the length and breadth of that map.

But I found Deer Isle to be not that dissimilar to the Chernarus really. Perhaps it was the cold weather that sealed that impression. I'll go back and try it again when I get bored of running around Esseker. Esseker is an absolute slaughter house though. I've been practically playing all day today and I don't think any one toon has lasted more than 2 or 3 hours.

21 hours ago, Derleth said:

Nothing like that happening on the servers I play on. Whenever infected "walk through doors" now it is nearly always due to lag & desync - the player thinks he has closed the door but the server never registered the action due to lag - so the zombie happily walks through the mirage of a closed door and whacks a very surprised player.

The only other case it happens is on modded maps where the navmesh is not 100% up to date.

This is all due to doors and walls not actually having any collision detection with AI - it's just the navmesh that tells them if they can or cannot go somewhere. Easy to see when they are piled up outside wanting to get to you, you'll see the odd face, hand or elbow peeking through the closed door.. (In the case of bears half the bloody animal will stick through the wall, scared me to death...) I wish they'd increase the dead zone in the navmesh outside closed doors so we don't see as much clipping, it looks unprofessional.

This makes total sense. I noticed it always happened when I was experiencing desync, so it lines up. 

Agreed on the unprofessional look. Especially when wolves or bears peak their heads through. It's funny but...looks so janky. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Have helmets been rendered completely useless in 1.12?

On 5/22/2021 at 7:27 PM, drgullen said:

Couldn't agree more.  Deer Isle is by far my favorite of them all at the moment.

I haven't tried it, but I heard you would miss out on a significant amount of the map without a boat/heli

3 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

I haven't tried it, but I heard you would miss out on a significant amount of the map without a boat/heli

Not really, none of the relevant islands are too far away to swim to. So helis are completely unnecessary while boats would certainly make it more fun since they'd open up another dimension to travelling the map. There are two land masses too far away for swimming (well, you can swim to them if  you really want but it will probably kill you unless you are really well prepared) but they are really meant to be accessed by other means. One is the "temple", the other is the arctic isle that is still under construction.

I think I'd much prefer it if Deer Isle was a warmer weather map. Esseker's temp is great. Not too hot, not too cold. So, spending too long near a fire and you'll overheat. But the nights can be chilly if you're too underdressed. It's really added a great change to my DayZ play. I am sooooo tired of the constant cold on the other maps.

My only issue with Esseker is that it's unfinished. But if the rest of the map is half as good as the playable part now, it'll be great. It's really only a PVP map at the moment though, cos of its size and the 50 player allowance. It's impossible not to run into people, which is both a good thing and a bad one. I've had more interaction and team ups in 3 days on Esseker than any other map and the actual city of Esseker is the best I've ever seen in the game. It's extremely well designed, even if it is essentially a death trap. 😟

See Esseker and die.