Kyiara

Stable Update 1.12

I really love new zombies. Finally they pose a threat to you. What's the best way to kill them now? Do you guys block their hits or just do heavy punches to the head and hope they don't hit you back?

13 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

I really love new zombies. Finally they pose a threat to you. What's the best way to kill them now? Do you guys block their hits or just do heavy punches to the head and hope they don't hit you back?

Heavy punches if I have stamina, blocking and hoping RNG gods smile upon me so that their every attack isn't a heavy attack so that I can regen my stamina without taking hits

Pickaxes seem good weapons now, but right now it doesn't matter if you hit their heads or torso, does the same or very similar damage AFAIK

But if there are more zeds or I don't have the time or stamina, I try to lock them indoors, I don't really bother with stealth kills

Or get a makarov with silencer or amphibia and tap their heads

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Beans 2

1 hour ago, Just Caused said:

I love their toughness as well, but heavy attack bearly registering is stupid and the fact you can stealth kill them with a sharpened potato makes the whole point of buffing the quite mute. #balancing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, Just Caused said:

Heavy hit them followed by 1 normal attack during their stagger animation. With melee or fists. Then side step their attacks till I have enough stamina again. Then heavy hit them again, usually followed by the last normal attack. 

Missing the heavy attack delays the process 🙂

Seems to do the trick frequently enough. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Just Caused said:

Avoid until you get a weapon.

Then I hack at the head while pressing the S (Back) key. So far it seems to have worked ok.

If there's more than 5 of them, bring a rapid firing gun and plenty of mags. I pissed away three mags and ruined an AKM silencer on a horde of them and one of these things at a plane crash last night.

Untitled-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whats up with FNX 45? Is this a selfmade plastic model now?

19!!! shots from worn to damaged - so you have to repair it every 1 and 1/3 mag fired.

Patch 1.11:

370 shots from pristine to ruined

Patch 1.12:

90 shots from pristine to ruined

I hope this a typo and not intentionell, because this makes this gun useless.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 2

3 minutes ago, Scoo1 said:

19!!! shots from worn to damaged - so you have to repair it every 1 and 1/3 mag fired.

oh yeah lol, I noticed that too... thought I was going crazy and just tossed it somewhere in the middle of open field

I find it dumb how quickly guns wear when you shoot, but stashing them for million days underground does nothing.

• Beans 1

6 hours ago, Scoo1 said:

Patch 1.11:

370 shots from pristine to ruined

Patch 1.12:

90 shots from pristine to ruined

I hope this a typo and not intentionell, because this makes this gun useless.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll balance it out by making the ammo stronger or something 😛

• Sad 1

Did some more testing with hand guns. Here are the results:

1.12 (1.11) - shots from pristine to ruined:

Makarov		300	(300)
Glock19		200	(350)
CR-75		350	(350)
Colt1911	320	(320)
FNX45		 90	(370)
Deagle		200	(370)
MKII		400	(400)

Looks like all good guns turned into paper guns.

Gave infected on my server a chance to drop a weapon cleaning kit to compensate for this nonsens...

Edited by Scoo1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

Looks like I picked up the right gun when I opted for the CR75 with my current toon so.

On 5/15/2021 at 1:10 PM, Scoo1 said:

Gave infected on my server a chance to drop a weapon cleaning kit to compensate for this nonsens...

I love this, lul.

I really don't like this. Even if FX got adjusted properly, guns are still too fragile. At least it we could fix them up back to pristine, but worn being as max condition makes guns get to damaged that much quicker.

Edited by DefectiveWater

And, I recently learned, it seems that they also deleted all the loot from the military observation towers, the ones that surround the bases... and where the majority of the loot was.
These are crazy, they are really ruining this game... I don't know how you still manage to justify them (for those who do it) it's all more and more absurd and more and more difficult.
Both in the official vanilla servers and in my own personal, I have done the Main Air Base many times (the big one in the center of the map) and in the dormitories I have almost never found nothing good... just a few rucksacks sometimes, everything else, weapons, ammunition, accessories, NVG, etc. always on the turrets.
Sometimes, for NVGs, on car seats.
What will it be now? The desert ? Or will they fill the dormitories? From how I have seen the progression of the patches, I think it will be a half desert with other defects in tow... and with these new Zs I have no desire to look for the brawl for the dormitories and then not find anything good...
What a bad end dayZ is doing, though...

🤬

Edited by Riddick_2K

6 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

And, I recently learned, it seems that they also deleted all the loot from the military observation towers, the ones that surround the bases... and where the majority of the loot was.
These are crazy, they are really ruining this game... I don't know how you still manage to justify them (for those who do it) it's all more and more absurd and more and more difficult.
Both in the official vanilla servers and in my own personal, I have done the Main Air Base many times (the big one in the center of the map) and in the dormitories I have almost never found nothing good... just a few rucksacks sometimes, everything else, weapons, ammunition, accessories, NVG, etc. always on the turrets.
Sometimes, for NVGs, on car seats.
What will it be now? The desert ? Or will they fill the dormitories? From how I have seen the progression of the patches, I think it will be a half desert with other defects in tow... and with these new Zs I have no desire to look for the brawl for the dormitories and then not find anything good...
What a bad end dayZ is doing, though...

🤬

have they really disabled loot spawning in the little green watchtowers around military bases???? damn I used to love just going round NWAF perimeter looking in all the towers and finding loads of nvgs. 😐

^

I knew I wasn't alone in doing that. 😆

Pity that they nuked it. Fuck sake BI...

Those green Towers have been empty for the last 2 patch updates. Shame tho now you Have to go inside...... 

And will we find inside the loot that we previously found on the turrets? Sure ?
In principle and for "realism" I might as well agree, but... is everything else that go bad, from the new Zs too careful and sensitive and too resistant to melee weapons... which is bullshit. This of the turrets, which previously it could have changed, now it would help to remedy the other defects of the game.
This game is always too defective and absurdly out of any "verisimilitude"... and every time they put their hands on it they always ruin something... WTF!

3 hours ago, McWendy said:

Those green Towers have been empty for the last 2 patch updates. Shame tho now you Have to go inside...... 

I personally don't mind this change. Makes it more worthwhile to go inside the base, instead of just doing loops around NWAF.

Alternatively, they could keep the green tower loot, but just ever so slightly increase the base loot then (ammo, mags, stuff like that, not NVGs and guns).

There's usually fuck all in the actual base though. That's the problem.

17 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

There's usually fuck all in the actual base though. That's the problem.

In reality, yes... but this game is well out of any reality (and don't answer me that dealing with zombies it can't be real... obviously zombies DO NOT exist, but a game SHOULD still be at least realistic about "real" things), and I'm not talking only of defects, but of deliberate choices, such as the backpacks that you have to empty them to archive them, the exaggerated consumption of everything (shoes, weapons, tools), now even the plants that last only 2 hours... but where ever you see things like this... not even in science fiction comics.
Each patch always some new nonsense that spoils the game more and more. It seems that they try to make this game more and more absurd and grotesque... but I still don't understand if they hate the game or hate the players.
Provided they are not coming from another Galaxy, where reality is completely different. 😮

1 hour ago, Riddick_2K said:

, such as the backpacks that you have to empty them to archive them,

To be fair that was a much needed adjustment. People were running around like loot pinãtas. Backpack in backpack in backpack in backpack etc. Same goes for burying and storing them. 

Had a major impact on server performance which is bad enough as it is. 

19 minutes ago, McWendy said:

To be fair that was a much needed adjustment. People were running around like loot pinãtas. Backpack in backpack in backpack in backpack etc. Same goes for burying and storing them. 

Had a major impact on server performance which is bad enough as it is. 

Well backpackception is of course stupid, but not being able to toss a backpack into car or tent without emptying it makes no sense.

Have the backpack take up some extra slots when it has items, or perhaps empty backpacks should not take as much space as they do, but it is one of the mind boggling omissions in Day Z. At least while we consider the perceived aim for realism.

• Thanks 1

As long as backpackception is not getting back on the table im all for other options 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 3:37 PM, DefectiveWater said:

I personally don't mind this change. Makes it more worthwhile to go inside the base, instead of just doing loops around NWAF.

Alternatively, they could keep the green tower loot, but just ever so slightly increase the base loot then (ammo, mags, stuff like that, not NVGs and guns).

This is the exact reason this has been made. These towers never had loot in Livonia, and now someone has remembered to scratch them from Cherno too. Some like it, some don't - I also loved doing the perimeter run getting geared to my teeth while pvp nuts brawled it out inside the base - but the gear will spawn somewhere else - so maybe those damn Arma 3 barracks will be worth searching at last...

Edited by Derleth

How do you deal with zombies in 1.12?

I can see they are quite stronger then before which is very cool addition for me. However, I wonder how do you loot town if you play solo and you only have meele weapon? I know you can kill them by killing them from behind but most of the time, they hear me before I approach them even tho I'm crounching.

Is it normal nowadays to go slowly through townor am I the only fool who goes slow through towns to avoid aggroing zombies? Should I loot towns without shoes to be more quiet or this is not the right approach?

I really have a truly hard time with zombies playing solo, which is awesome because I actually have a reason to team up with people.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, kevo1414 said:

However, I wonder how do you loot town if you play solo and you only have meele weapon?

Have something stronger than a knife, a hatchet will do. Only take one zombie at a time, have enough stamina for 2 power attacks.
Try to pull off this combo: Power attack, normal attack (while the zed is staggered), as the zed is starting to recover, you do another power attack (don't hit with power attacks while they are still staggered, but just as soon as they recover), and then a normal attack again. Proceed with normal attacks until zed dies while also holding down "S" key/ go backwards.

they hear me before I approach them even tho I'm crounching.

Stop wearing boots (they are louder than other footwear), don't crouch sprint, only crouch sprint during the last 3-5 meters.

Is it normal nowadays to go slowly through townor am I the only fool who goes slow through towns to avoid aggroing zombies?

If you want to rush it, then prepare yourself for having to close the zombies inside buildings, taking on multiple zeds is harder than it used to be. My advice would be to just loot the outskirts of the cities or places with less/no zombies.

Or alternatively find a lot of .22 ammo, and a MKII. Best zed killing gun.

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1