ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.10 (Changelog)

On 11/3/2020 at 5:58 AM, THEGordonFreeman said:

This pretty well sums up vehicle experiences in Dayz playing on server with any pop above 10 players with base building.  It happens on 9TH and 10TH Generation i9 Intel Processors with 32 and 64 GB respectively only running DayZ.  We are at the point where after 8,000 hours into this game and running multiple servers, I am ready to give up.  The ONLY "LIFE" left of this game is NAMALSK.  If the devs can't won't fix the games lifeblood, then screw it, I'm not wasting my time, most of the hardcore DayZer's have left anyway, the few that are left are interested in seeing Namalsk become a reality.  I guarantee players will come back if cars would be a priority fix for the game including network optimisation.

Tell me this... how do you explain me having a great driving experience on heavily modded 100 player server ? Clearly it's something wrong on your end... server configuration... something... taking care of a Server is literally you being a dev and taking care of the game it's not plug and play experience as with most other games... Running a server is literally like developing your game you have to have experience... all the good servers have good owners that know shit... most of them have their own custom modifications done to the server files and various optimizations and what not and also software matters too... i heard Windows Server suck... you should use Linux or something... but then again you probably need some very specific version of Linux there's HUUUUGE amount of detail going into this sort of thing
Hosting a server is NOT easy in DayZ/ArmA

3 hours ago, nemorus said:

I've been pummeled to death by another bear that just gliched into building like its nothing. These guys don't care for walls, ceilings, windows or locked doors. Please, fix that at some point.

LOL. The only reason my current toon is still alive is because there was a wall between him and a bear that took a swipe at him and couldn't finish the job.

Ran up a lookout tower and proceeded to kill it. But had to use FOUR grenades and the better part of an AK101 mag. <- Now THAT'S something that needs to be looked at. Bears are strong for sure, but they're not made of concrete.

20201103230336-1.jpg

First time I ever saw a bear in DayZ.

Last time I ever want to see a bear in DayZ.

Edited by Tonyeh
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 6:29 PM, FabianoMartins said:

DESYNC absurdo... A cada evento uma coisa diferente. Não se consegue pegar objetos, colocar na mão ou remover do inventário...

DESYNC absurd ... At each event a different thing. You can't take objects, put them in your hand or remove them from your inventory ...

13 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

LOL. The only reason my current toon is still alive is because there was a wall between him and a bear that took a swipe at him and couldn't finish the job.

Ran up a lookout tower and proceeded to kill it. But had to use FOUR grenades and the better part of an AK101 mag. <- Now THAT'S something that needs to be looked at. Bears are strong for sure, but they're not made of concrete.

First time I ever saw a bear in DayZ.

Last time I ever wat to see a bear in DayZ.

Yeah small caliber weapons are next to useless against them, you need .308, .7.62x54 or a Vaiga to have some form of confidence in a bear encounter.

Personally I like that they are unrealistically tough, makes them so much more scary. When you're running through the woods and suddenly hear that telltale grunt... sends the chills down my spine.

My first encounter I ended up as steaming bear droppings:

https://youtu.be/Adlu7-OEXPk

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

Yeah small caliber weapons are next to useless against them, you need .308, .7.62x54 or a Vaiga to have some form of confidence in a bear encounter.

Personally I like that they are unrealistically tough, makes them so much more scary. When you're running through the woods and suddenly hear that telltale grunt... sends the chills down my spine.

My first encounter I ended up as steaming bear droppings:

https://youtu.be/Adlu7-OEXPk

I had no idea what the hell happened. I thought it was a stag grunting in the distance, then wop! I was unconscious and my gun went flying out of my hands. My health was in the red and I was waiting for the You Are Dead line to pop up. But the wall separating us kept the bear at bay. I got up, grabbed the gun and legged it to the green tower in the screenshot I posted.

As to their strength, yes it's good that they are a tough opponent. But four grenades tough? Not so sure about that.

BTW,

Deagle Mags, where the hell are they spawning usually? I've only found two ever. One on the road, obviously dropped by someone, and one in the piano house north of Zaprudnoe.

Can someone with access to the xml files let us know what their spawn points are?

Are they counted in stashes and on players etc?

Cheers.

Edited by Tonyeh

Exp servers down ?   Never mind i saw the post.

Edited by LoveAffair
Found the post

Which post?

Can´t connect the Exp Servers because of mismatching version..

5 minutes ago, Wedg3 said:

Which post?

Can´t connect the Exp Servers because of mismatching version..

About exp servers going down for an hour. They should be back up soon. It's been over an hour.

17 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

i heard Windows Server suck... you should use Linux or something... but then again you probably need some very specific version of Linux there's HUUUUGE amount of detail going into this sort of thing

Linux servers and DayZ? Is this a joke?

• Like 2

UPDATE 1.10.153546 (released on 05.11.2020)

FIXED

• Fixed a server crash connected to user actions
  • It is no longer possible just to walk (get on) top of shelters
  • The respawn dialog was displayed even though the server had it disabled using the disableRespawnDialog parameter
  • Inputs were blocked after respawn unless the user went into the escape menu and back
  • The player could use materials gained from decrafting ruined construction kits
  • It was not possible to take sticks out of a shelter site
  • It was possible to build watchtowers on top of each other
  • Missing UI widget for taking ruined parts out of a car
  • The player was able to move with broken legs without penalty while using evade left or right
  • Swapping an item in the hands and the inventory during an action could with the right timing cause the head to disappear
  • Two M3S wheels can be combined into one M3S Dual Wheel
  • Adjusted the collisions on the tarp cover of the M3S Truck
  • Gas stove with Canister + FryingPan/Pot attached could be stacked infinitely
  • Items in hands would not disappear temporarily when building an improvised shelter
  • Fixed an issue where players could instantly wear a splint from a skinned dead player
  • Prone-rolling while having a broken leg was not dealing shock damage
  • The shock hit effect could sometimes get stuck after respawning
  • Fixed the M3S Truck damage system configuration
  • Fixed accessibility, attaching and detaching of items on the M3S Truck

CHANGED

• Player legs can now receive more damage before breaking
  • Reduced the resistance against the shock damage on legs
  • Each use of a splint now decreases its health level by one
  • Player rolling now consumes stamina
  • Lowered the guaranteed height from which a leg will be broken by falling
  • Leg breaking by falling from lower heights is less random
  • The M3S Dual wheel can be split using a lug wrench
  • The back of the M3S truck (tarp, trunk) can now be repaired using Tarp and Wooden Planks
  • Engines of all cars are now more durable thanks to decreased transfer of damage to them
  • Lowered the max wetness value on Plate Carrier, Press Vest and Tactical Vest
  • Removed the grey variant of the M3S Truck
  • Infected on the coast of Chernarus have higher chances of dropping various items such as tools, clothes and food

SERVER

• Renamed the server parameter setRespawnMode to disableRespawnDialog

• Like 2
  • Beans 4

@lynn.zaw

Could you please ask the devs if they can spend some time to improve server side performance? Ty... ❤️

• Like 3

Good Fixes there lynn.

Could you please also take care or at least acknowedge the new (old) desync bugs i mentioned already a few times here (just check my last 2-3 posts)?

Please fix them before push to stable.  Very often people have to reconnect, because they cannot take anything in the hand anymore.

Often people think they are fistfighting, while everyone else sees them with a gun in the hand and shooting, and so on.

Also it would be great if you could fix the disembark position on the skoda car. You often get glitched in the middle of the car when getting out, sometimes even flying high in the air or sinking underground.

Edited by krazikilla
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

Dear devs, could you also please consider fixing the barb wire issue where we are currently able to dismount them from the front instead of only from the back like in 1.07?

Makes them rather useless when anyone with the pliers can just come and take them away.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

Im very proud of this Update! now we just need a better Vehicle Engine that doesn't turn any vehicle into a Spaceship ^^

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SillyJoe said:

Linux servers and DayZ? Is this a joke?

There is no linux server for DayZ?? Idk but i do know that's bad xD

"Infected on the coast of Chernarus have higher chances of dropping various items such as tools, clothes and food"

Why do you keep catering to the casuals? It was fine as it was.

13 hours ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

Dear devs, could you also please consider fixing the barb wire issue where we are currently able to dismount them from the front instead of only from the back like in 1.07?

Makes them rather useless when anyone with the pliers can just come and take them away.

It also makes it so the places you can build is way more limited because you can close up small gaps with barbed wire where otherwise people can just crawl in. For example barns. Literally pointless to build there because you can crawl in from that small gap on top. I tested barbed wire blocks people from crawling in but since you can remove barbed wire from outside it is just pointless, what a shame.

Edited by gandhi's flip flop
  • Like 1

@'AZAZEL'

@gandhi's flip flop

FYI... you're able to destroy barbed wire from the outside with a splitting axe and other implements as well. Not sure if you're aware of that or not.

Edited by Getsome

17 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

I had no idea what the hell happened. I thought it was a stag grunting in the distance, then wop! I was unconscious and my gun went flying out of my hands. My health was in the red and I was waiting for the You Are Dead line to pop up. But the wall separating us kept the bear at bay. I got up, grabbed the gun and legged it to the green tower in the screenshot I posted.

As to their strength, yes it's good that they are a tough opponent. But four grenades tough? Not so sure about that.

Grenades are still a little wonky, I've had one blow up under my feet and took nearly no damage, so chances are some or all of your nades barely singed its fur..

About barbed wire: From the outside it should really be a destroy action as with the locks, makes absolutely no sense that the dismount action is available to raiders. It should take a good while and also destroy the pliers in the process, so you'd need two to destroy the wire on a fence with barbed wire mounted in both slots. Actual barbed wire is pretty thick and those little pliers we have in-game look way too delicate to be efficient trying to cut it.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

16 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Grenades are still a little wonky, I've had one blow up under my feet and took nearly no damage, so chances are some or all of your nades barely singed its fur..

Right. Maybe that was it. Wasted a load trying to penetrate a base too (makeshift one in a shed) and they didn't even cause a scratch.

Might not bother picking any more up so and save on weight, if they're so useless.

16 hours ago, lynn.zaw said:

UPDATE 1.10.153546 (released on 05.11.2020)

CHANGED

• Infected on the coast of Chernarus have higher chances of dropping various items such as tools, clothes and food

I have a a question about this:

I noted in the server files that this change was achieved by adding a couple of new zombie events - city and village T1 infected and some of the infected "children" (=individual zombie types) were moved from their regular city and village events to the new ones. I was a bit confused about this since it means infected on the coast will only be a small selection of types, while the variety inland has also been reduced, which will make the overall variety of zombie types worse in all tiers which is not ideal. 

• Now, to my question: If you do not want infected to have different loot from different events, can you have the same child spawning in more than one event?

Also, I would suggest you duplicate all the city and village infected so they have identical T1 twins that spawn with the new events. That way you can keep the zed variety but still retain the buffed coastal loot drops.

Personally I think the drop % is way too high on these by the way, a freshie can reliably farm infected for all his basic gear on the coast. You probably need to lower the percentages a bit.

Edited by Derleth

36 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

Right. Maybe that was it. Wasted a load trying to penetrate a base too (makeshift one in a shed) and they didn't even cause a scratch.

Might not bother picking any more up so and save on weight, if they're so useless.

That doesn't sound right, maybe there's some new bug with grenade damage? Maybe something the team should look into? @lynn.zaw

Edit: Was it on official experimental by the way? There is a server parameter to disable base damage now, so if it was a private server maybe the owner had disabled raiding?

Edited by Derleth

9 minutes ago, Derleth said:

That doesn't sound right, maybe there's some new bug with grenade damage? Maybe something the team should look into? @lynn.zaw

It was months ago.

Maybe it's worth an experiment in this current 1.10 build.

• Like 1