Greensek

Stable Update 1.07

25 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

by the way...is moon visible every night?

No, from what I saw on exp it still moves naturally, so it has phases and some nights it doesn't come above the horizon. It probably depends on the server's time settings.

16 minutes ago, Tang0ed said:

whats in the new small update/fix, anyone know?

It's on the original post under 

Game Update 1.07.152951 (13.02.2020)

Sorry but real problems are that the game lags between me and my friends  from time to time in all your last updates. Happened before and also but mainly with the vehicles. I see my friend in stuttering positions when running around me and both my friends see each other that way. Will you fix this  ? This makes the game unplayable and also the deaths when the car jumps around and you loose everything. In other days it works fine, maybe when the server is full or smth ...

Edited by Ardalien

Cars finally works properly in 1.07 or it was just a good dayZ?

I played on full community server (80 players), The Running Manz Chernarus server (1PP).

Keep in mind, my computer is really bad, I'm getting lag and lag spike even when I just walk or run around from time to time, so in this video I'm lagging because of my bad computer and not because of car. At the end of the video I crashed and my right tire get damage, that's why I couldn't keep my car in straight line and in 3rd gear at the end.

What's yours experiance with cars in 1.07. Was this just a luck, or did they actually fix cars in this latest patch?

Video starts at 0:09.

12 hours ago, kevo1414 said:

Авто наконец-то работает исправно в 1.07 или это был просто хороший деньZ?

Я играл на полном сервере сообщества (80 игроков), на сервере The Running Manz Chernarus (1PP).

Имейте в виду, что мой компьютер действительно плохой, у меня возникают лаги и скачки, даже когда я просто время от времени хожу или бегаю, поэтому в этом видео я отстаю из-за моего плохого компьютера, а не из-за автомобиля. В конце видео я разбился, и моя правая шина получила повреждения, поэтому я не мог держать свою машину на прямой и на 3-й передаче в конце.

Какой у тебя опыт работы с автомобилями в 1.07. Это была просто удача, или они на самом деле исправили машины в этом последнем патче?

Видео начинается в 0:09.

I have a lot of driving experience in DayZ. I never drive more than 50 km / h. In cities I drive 30-40 km / h. Otherwise, the car will crash somewhere. And sometimes I try to stop so that the objects load normally. Take as little as possible loot with you. And always carry spare parts with you - one wheel, a radiator, a canister of water, a spark plug. Otherwise, lose your car. When the car jumps, stop immediately and turn off the engine.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, kevo1414 said:

And also, what these numbers means at the bottom right, near icons?

yXLsbgZ.jpg

It's a visual bug.

Those numbers belongs to items in your inventory.

They should disappear when scrolled down, but their counters are not hidden well.

For example, 48 is probably the counter of your vitamins box (we can see it's cap).

Edited by Tarkules
  • Thanks 2

got an issue with meany players crashing on a private server. It happens with proximity (1km) and crash the Game to desk top (__CUR_MP)

This dosen't seem to be an issue anywhere else (not reported). I don't know if its because people have given up reporting to forums... or it most people are on consoles.

Anyone else having a proximity CTD issue with private modded servers since the update. You will know if its the same issue as is happens nearly 100%. Tried a lot of things and i guess next step is a fresh install and replying mods, but if anyone else has had this issue, i would like to know.

On 2/12/2020 at 4:07 PM, aux7 said:

the problem is the consoles, the game has (in my opinion) been cut back for them. The light in the game is allocated by the programmer through rasterisation and programming, and the consoles do not have the horsepower to calculate that. Current consoles are equivalent to pcs from 2012 and not particularly powerful ones. (cpu - ps 4 = approx amd fx 8320, xbox = approx amd fx 6100 gpu - ps4 = approx gtx660, xbox = approx gtx 750) So the game was scaled back from the original appearance to a more simplified version, and so we lost the moonlight and darkness people preferred.

I dont think this will significantly change until the new consoles accept a new version of Dayz and ray tracing becomes commonplace, potentially in two years.

some reviews on ray tracing  etc

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2018/03/19/whats-difference-between-ray-tracing-rasterization/

https://www.techradar.com/news/ray-tracing

I don't think the console version has anything to do with it actually. I've asked Adam about it on twitter, and if I understand right the limitations regarding lighting are due to the hybrid Enfusion/RV-technology that DayZ uses. Hence no global illumination, which is why indoor lighting is mediocre, and hence the either/or situation with night lighting. It becomes very obvious on servers with the brighter config 0 nights - on a clear night when the moon goes below the horizon it actually becomes brighter, because there are no longer any shadows from the moon. Weather conditions do affect lighting though, even on config 0 servers nights are pretty dark when it is raining.

They should however be able to simply fake it, by making the night brightness setting change dynamically depending on moon phase and position, as well as weather. Wouldn't help with indoor lighting, but it would allow us to have nice moonlit nights and wtf pitch black nights on the same server.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looting and inventory management is actually so smooth now, thanks.

Not a fan of the lighting changes tho - when you run thru a forest, bloom is blinding.

I'd also like to post this here regarding nights and love for realistic details.

Edited by Buakaw
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

We have deployed a client-side update for the launcher, now including the first iteration of a server browser. 🙂

Game Update 1.07.152951 (14.02.2020)

LAUNCHER

Added: Server Browser in the Launcher

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

We have deployed a client-side update for the launcher, now including the first iteration of a server browser. 🙂

I'm guessing mod support for the browser isn't active yet? On my modded server, it says "server can't transmit all data list of required mods might be incomplete".

2 minutes ago, Uncle Zed said:

I'm guessing mod support for the browser isn't active yet? On my modded server, it says "server can't transmit all data list of required mods might be incomplete".

This is the care of the server administrators to give the correct links to the mods and their number.

29 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

This is the care of the server administrators to give the correct links to the mods and their number.

The new browser is supposed to be able to determine what mods are needed and allow the player to join without having to get them together before hand, similar to how it's done with Arma 3. I was just asking @ImpulZ if mod support is active yet or not.

1 minute ago, Uncle Zed said:

The new browser is supposed to be able to determine what mods are needed and allow the player to join without having to get them together before hand, similar to how it's done with Arma 3. I was just asking @ImpulZ if mod support is active yet or not. 

Launcher shows a list of mods. But the links to the mods are not correct, it goes to the general page of the Steam workshop. That is, while the automatic subscription to mods is not working. I assume that the server does not have the correct link to the mods, or the launcher does not see the correct link to the mods. Probably the server needs to be configured to automatically subscribe to the mods.

Just now, lex__1 said:

Launcher shows a list of mods. But the links to the mods are not correct, it goes to the general page of the Steam workshop. That is, while the automatic subscription to mods is not working. I assume that the server does not have the correct link to the mods, or the launcher does not see the correct link to the mods. Probably the server needs to be configured to automatically subscribe to the mods.

I would love to hear how you set up the server to "automatically subscribe to the mods". According to the launcher, my server has no mods. I assume that when the mod support is ready, it will detect the mods on the server. Right now I just have people use DZSALauncher but getting the mods from the regular Dayz launcher would be nice too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

When I connect to a server directly through the launcher, will it spawn me with my custom character selection or a random player character when I join a server I have not previously played on?

On 2/13/2020 at 9:32 PM, kevo1414 said:

Cars finally works properly in 1.07 or it was just a good dayZ?

I played on full community server (80 players), The Running Manz Chernarus server (1PP).

Keep in mind, my computer is really bad, I'm getting lag and lag spike even when I just walk or run around from time to time, so in this video I'm lagging because of my bad computer and not because of car. At the end of the video I crashed and my right tire get damage, that's why I couldn't keep my car in straight line and in 3rd gear at the end.

What's yours experiance with cars in 1.07. Was this just a luck, or did they actually fix cars in this latest patch?

Video starts at 0:09.

i bet the server is really good quality like the CPU is good and connection it has is really good too.. wonder what are they using xD

4 hours ago, buuky said:

When I connect to a server directly through the launcher, will it spawn me with my custom character selection or a random player character when I join a server I have not previously played on?

Random. Only way to get the character you want when you are joining a new server, or after death, is to join from the main menu.

• Thanks 1

Should server mods show for the servers now in the server browser? Mine do not show since I switched from using dayzsalauncher?

I think I might be stupid here, but I can't find any way to download the 1.07 update for my standalone server.......

Edited by Ian Hockaday

Are plate carriers not working sometimes or do bullets always do full damage no matter where they hit? Like, a 308 to the arm will do 110 damage and kill you?