Greensek

Stable Update 1.07

15 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

Are plate carriers not working sometimes or do bullets always do full damage no matter where they hit? Like, a 308 to the arm will do 110 damage and kill you?

If it hits you in the arm then it wouldn’t of hit the plate carrier so I guess it should have max effect.

1 minute ago, lJamesHalel1 said:

If it hits you in the arm then it wouldn’t of hit the plate carrier so I guess it should have max effect.

Well realistically a bullet to the arms will do less harm than one to the vital organs and IIRC old versions like 0.62 used to have hitzone multiplicators (i.e. 50% dmg to the arms, 120% to the chest etc)

so that's why I'm asking, WOBO ain't around anymore and we don't have a replacement.

6 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

Well realistically a bullet to the arms will do less harm than one to the vital organs and IIRC old versions like 0.62 used to have hitzone multiplicators (i.e. 50% dmg to the arms, 120% to the chest etc)

so that's why I'm asking, WOBO ain't around anymore and we don't have a replacement.

It makes sense, imo though a .307 to the arm would kill you just because of the fact you’d lose an arm 😂

Am I the only one who has a one second freeze when I leave the inventory? Or even when I kill a Z? It was already present on 1.06 and 1.05 ... 😕

5 minutes ago, lJamesHalel1 said:

It makes sense, imo though a .307 to the arm would kill you just because of the fact you’d lose an arm 😂 

I mean, you could bandage off your stump, but you can't bandage a hole in your stomach.

32 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

It does, a hit in an arm or leg will never kill outright, there's a 50% damage transfer to total health iirc. Depends on angle too, and plate carriers do not cover 100% of the torso. Also they are most efficient against small caliber rounds. A .308 hit will stun you and cause a bleed.

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, zsneerfulz said:

Should server mods show for the servers now in the server browser? Mine do not show since I switched from using dayzsalauncher?

When I loaded up my test server, which only has 3 mods, they showed up. For my Livonia server, which has WAY more than 3 mods, it says there's no mods. I'm guess it's just not fully implemented yet. Don't uninstall DZSALauncher just yet! 🙂

1 hour ago, lvw06 said:

Am I the only one who has a one second freeze when I leave the inventory? Or even when I kill a Z? It was already present on 1.06 and 1.05 ... 😕

I don't have that.

8 hours ago, lvw06 said:

So far no, but freezes especially after killing a Z are a reoccurring thing. From my experience, I would attribute this to server performance rather than a bug of the game as such. 

9 hours ago, Buakaw said:

I mean, you could bandage off your stump, but you can't bandage a hole in your stomach.

Yeah, I was thinking of a turniquet(if that’s how it’s spelt) but seeing as you sadly can’t lose limbs the next best thing is your loss of life when it comes to wounds that’d cause mutilation of limbs.

As nobody could survive it with the tools we have in game unless they give us options I.E crippled limbs etc

Why did you just added only repeater? The Magnum revolver took .357 rounds too, so you can add it. But bugs are biggest priority 😄 so thanks for fixing that inv. bug... 

On 2/15/2020 at 3:01 PM, zsneerfulz said:

Should server mods show for the servers now in the server browser? Mine do not show since I switched from using dayzsalauncher?

I found if you have verifySignatures = 0; the mods don't show. Makes sense now that I think about it.

1 hour ago, zsneerfulz said:

I found if you have verifySignatures = 0; the mods don't show. Makes sense now that I think about it.

I have verifysignatures =3 and my mods don't show up in the regular browser. Hopefully as it's developed it'll start working right.

12 minutes ago, Uncle Zed said:

I have verifysignatures =3 and my mods don't show up in the regular browser. Hopefully as it's developed it'll start working right.

Try verifysignatures=1.

34 minutes ago, lJamesHalel1 said:

Try verifysignatures=1.

3 works on my test server. Mods show up but I only have 3 mods on that. On my Livonia server I have a bunch of mods. The browser probably just isn't 100% ready. 

It's nice that food is scarce now in Vanilla but what is up with the health drain rate being universal? It seems like the HP drain rate is the same across every negative status. If you're red thirst or red hunger orvery cold or very hot, the health drain rate feels very very similar. It should take longer to die of starvation than thirst. Keep the food resources scarce but the "desperation" time trying to look for food needs to be longer. I was playing this weekend with two of my cousins (First timers) and I saw them die again and again from hunger even if I told them not to sprint. The duration it takes to die from hunger just seems really fast right now. Longer hunger desperation time and scarcer food should make the game feel more natural. Albeit, this is during the free weekend so there's a lot more players fighting for supplies along the coast but I still feel the duration to die from hunger needs to be longer than what it is now.
Nevermind, I just played again today after the free weekend. It's just the additional hunger/thirst penalty when your character is cold that feels like it drains you too fast. It can be nerfed a little bit since you're already at risk of getting a fever/cold when you're cold/wet and your health starts dropping if you've been cold for too long already.

Fruits and vegetables needs some rebalancing too. I ate 6 slices of pumpkin and my hunger didn't even reach yellow coming from red (Not blinking red). Their stats need a little buff and to compensate, increase the time it takes for crops to grow to 30m-45m. Fat also needs a calorie stat reduction for balancing purposes as a single slab of fat can keep you fed til NWAF territories.

Edited by repzaj1234

8 hours ago, Uncle Zed said:

3 works on my test server. Mods show up but I only have 3 mods on that. On my Livonia server I have a bunch of mods. The browser probably just isn't 100% ready. 

Mine was just a guess as most is either 0 or 1 in other files so didn’t know if it meant like 0 “off” and 1 “on” sort of thing, my bad.

On 2/16/2020 at 12:01 AM, lvw06 said:

Yea I had that problem in 1.06 patch. Relog should solve problem. 

I had major freezes lasting 1-60 seconds when leaving inventory for the entire duration of 1.06. Has not happened since 1.07 reached stable.

I also had this problem, but I solved it buying a SSD and installing game and OS into it. It could be also because of lack of enough RAM, 8GB is the minimum.

There is a bug when you hit "R" to remove a shell, you need to hit it twice. After that you will be unable to reload any mag and eventually CTD (I did). Some players have reported jittering when walking and also cars can't be moves when pushing W without holding the Shift key. It could be a combo with the R bug.

7 hours ago, kevo1414 said:

Yea I had that problem in 1.06 patch. Relog should solve problem. 

Excuse me but what do you mean by "relog"? Sorry I'm using Google translation because I only speak French. Maybe it has another meaning? In any case, I have just completely uninstalled the game, but the problem persists, still as many freezes .... With the PC that I own it really should not happen. Especially since on my 2nd PC a little less powerful and which is portable, this problem of regular freezes does not exist.

2 hours ago, Kathosky said:

I also had this problem, but I solved it buying a SSD and installing game and OS into it. It could be also because of lack of enough RAM, 8GB is the minimum.

My game is well installed on SSD and yet I have 32GB of RAM. As said above, on my laptop no problem while it is less powerful than my desktop PC. It is really very strange! I did a topic on the PC troubleshooting section but no one has answered me yet ...  😞

Edited by lvw06

Hitting a guy with no helmet in the face 4 teams, with a can in your hands, and seeing him shrug it off and oneshot you.

Really loving the usefulness of melee here.

@Greensek Hi. Endlessly unfinished game. All content develops at different times. Content is introduced into the game - but interaction with content has been developing for years.
- Why there is no instruction about cars in the main menu of the game?
- What malfunctions do cars with a motor have?
- what tool and method to repair the motor?
- where is the oil level gauge, which oil level is critical for the engine?
- where is the water level gauge, which water level is critical for the motor?
How should this work according to the script? How should I know - what is the problem? Or am I not using it correctly - tools, fuel, oil, water, radiator candles, etc.?
What the hell, should any of the players look for it on the Internet or be puzzled by how it should work and interact?

I put together a car, I have:
- radiator
- candle
- battery
- two lamps
- poured water, to failure to accept water
- pour oil, to failure to accept oil
- gas flooded, to failure to accept gas
I drove 2km, no accidents. He stopped the car, got out, after half an hour I returned to the car. A yellow motor light is already on in the machine. The motor continues to take oil. All machine components, status is green. What is this shit?

Edited by lex__1

31 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

@Greensek Hi. Endlessly unfinished game. All content develops at different times. Content is introduced into the game - but interaction with content has been developing for years.
- Why there is no instruction about cars in the main menu of the game?
- What malfunctions do cars with a motor have?
- what tool and method to repair the motor?
- where is the oil level gauge, which oil level is critical for the engine?
- where is the water level gauge, which water level is critical for the motor?
How should this work according to the script? How should I know - what is the problem? Or am I not using it correctly - tools, fuel, oil, water, radiator candles, etc.?
What the hell, should any of the players look for it on the Internet or be puzzled by how it should work and interact?

I put together a car, I have:
- radiator
- candle
- battery
- two lamps
- poured water, to failure to accept water
- pour oil, to failure to accept oil
- gas flooded, to failure to accept gas
I drove 2km, no accidents. He stopped the car, got out, after half an hour I returned to the car. A yellow motor light is already on in the machine. The motor continues to take oil. All machine components, status is green. What is this shit?

Are you playing official or modded? Oil hasn't spawned on official in at least 2 releases (1.06 + 1.07), maybe earlier. what car?

Cars definitely need water. about 6 canteens. I forget how many bottles. if you are not getting the "fill" action, you're in the wrong spot.

What is a candle?