Greensek

Stable Update 1.07

5 hours ago, Greensek said:

Third person servers will have the bright night, and the first person servers will run with the dark night. 

This is very disappointing. We have 3PP servers but want the darker nights. Can we have the choice to do this please?

7 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

This is very disappointing. We have 3PP servers but want the darker nights. Can we have the choice to do this please?

I think you can set this yourself in the config file. He's just referring to the way it's set up on official servers.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

You are right. Its so ugly... It should be remove right now. 

Only solution if there have To be some nighlight woul be that its only "on" when player character is walking or staying still but even then after fade in effect. 

add this two settings in your serverDZ.cfg:

disablePersonalLight=true;     // true/false

lightingConfig=1;            // 0 for bright, 1 for dark

Edited by etwas
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, etwas said:

add this two settings in your serverDZ.cfg:

disablePersonalLight=true;     // true/false

lightingConfig=1;            // 0 for bright, 1 for dark

Thanks for showing there are options to disable the effect.

I don't get to play a lot and when I do it's just official servers.
I'm hoping the official servers (1PP) will have this effect disabled (at some point soon).

It would be nice if the stats at the main menu were correct for the last server you played on. Overall the game is coming along nicley though.

8 hours ago, wype said:

Update 1 of 5: Static map art, one gun and two types of ammo.

Will the other four updates be as huge as this one?

what about base building update? you get more logs and more planks and it's easier to make a base and open doors/gates... it's basically Base Building Overhaul 1 of 5 possibly... down the line we will get even more improvements to base building

8 hours ago, Booter said:

Thanks for showing there are options to disable the effect.

I don't get to play a lot and when I do it's just official servers.
I'm hoping the official servers (1PP) will have this effect disabled (at some point soon).

The way it was set up on Experimental was like this:

3PP servers - Bright nights (they're not THAT bright though, and the moonlight actually being visible is really nice for a change) and personal night light OFF

1PP servers - Dark nights (wtf dark, moon is a dead texture in the sky with no illumination) and personal night light is ON

The personal night light was nerfed heavily, its range is now about arm's length so you don't get the green glowing trees in the forest anymore. Close to the character it is a bit too strong though, when you get close to a wall/tree or other object with bright surface it suddenly lights up in a distracting and unrealistic way. I feel they should let "hardcore" be hardcore and disable the night light on 1PP servers too. Let the system be used by server admins if they so choose, but keep the thing off on public servers.

And I really hope they will go back to volumetric clouds in the future. The current cloud model is low quality, even downright ugly at night when they look pixely and unnatural, like an oil slick in the sky. It became much better with this update, but still nowhere near good enough. The old clouds (until 1.02) were so much better it is downright silly.

• Thanks 3

Hello survivors, 

Known issues updated.

• Activating the Debug Monitor on your private server can cause issues with the inventory navigation - be sure to set enableDebugMonitor = 0

I missed the memo a while ago...what was the point of adding this magical 'personal night light'? I don't understand why they don't just have a full moon EVERY night instead. Still dark, but able to see enough to keep most players from feeling the need to jack their gamma up. I like the idea of having dark nights (it's interesting to have to use my flash light or torch), or full moon nights, etc. This personal night light is a happy median solution to this?

• Beans 1

16 hours ago, xxLurker said:

After today's update the server I run no longer allows any player to use their inventory or scroll through tent/barrel/car contents. I remember this bug from 5+ years back but haven't found a fix. Any suggestions?

Same here... cant do CACA

What is it?

[CE][Estimate] :: !!! Avoidance system overloaded :: Reached MAX_VEHICLE= 768 😞

1 hour ago, mesa2me@yahoo.com said:

Same here... cant do CACA

Here:

1 hour ago, Greensek said:

Hello survivors, 

Known issues updated.

• Activating the Debug Monitor on your private server can cause issues with the inventory navigation - be sure to set enableDebugMonitor = 0

Why some servers insist on having that ugly window enabled is beyond me, it just clutters up the screen and looks ugly.

Edited by Derleth

2 hours ago, r8gato said:

I missed the memo a while ago...what was the point of adding this magical 'personal night light'? I don't understand why they don't just have a full moon EVERY night instead. Still dark, but able to see enough to keep most players from feeling the need to jack their gamma up. I like the idea of having dark nights (it's interesting to have to use my flash light or torch), or full moon nights, etc. This personal night light is a happy median solution to this?

Apparently the game simply does not support both darkness and moonlight. If I understand right "moonlight" doesn't actually illuminate anything, it "paints" shadows where it doesn't reach so when it is very dark it is barely noticeable. To give the impression that the moon actually illuminates surfaces, the ambient brightness must be increased to make surfaces more visible, which allows you to see the shadows cast by the moon which gives the impression that the moon illuminates the landscape. This looks good when the moon is visible but leaves the night too bright when the moon is down or obscured by clouds. Hence the either/or situation - bright nights with pretty moonlight or dark nights with a dead moon texture in the sky. I truly hope they are working on a way to dynamically change the ambient brightness in sync with moon phase and overcast values, to make dark and bright moonlit nights possible in one configuration.,

What I still haven't understood is why they cannot at least have stronger moonlight reflections from reflective surfaces (weapons, water, helmets, roofs etc) even with the dark night setting. This works perfectly fine in Arma3 so why not in DayZ? Please @Greensek, could you please forward a humble request for clarification on this subject? It would be much appreciated.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

Apparently the game simply does not support both darkness and moonlight. If I understand right "moonlight" doesn't actually illuminate anything, it "paints" shadows where it doesn't reach so when it is very dark it is barely noticeable. To give the impression that the moon actually illuminates surfaces, the ambient brightness must be increased to make surfaces more visible, which allows you to see the shadows cast by the moon which gives the impression that the moon illuminates the landscape. This looks good when the moon is visible but leaves the night too bright when the moon is down or obscured by clouds. Hence the either/or situation - bright nights with pretty moonlight or dark nights with a dead moon texture in the sky. I truly hope they are working on a way to dynamically change the ambient brightness in sync with moon phase and overcast values, to make dark and bright moonlit nights possible in one configuration.,

the problem is the consoles, the game has (in my opinion) been cut back for them. The light in the game is allocated by the programmer through rasterisation and programming, and the consoles do not have the horsepower to calculate that. Current consoles are equivalent to pcs from 2012 and not particularly powerful ones. (cpu - ps 4 = approx amd fx 8320, xbox = approx amd fx 6100 gpu - ps4 = approx gtx660, xbox = approx gtx 750) So the game was scaled back from the original appearance to a more simplified version, and so we lost the moonlight and darkness people preferred.

I dont think this will significantly change until the new consoles accept a new version of Dayz and ray tracing becomes commonplace, potentially in two years.

some reviews on ray tracing  etc

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2018/03/19/whats-difference-between-ray-tracing-rasterization/

https://www.techradar.com/news/ray-tracing

Had issues tonight with getting cold update and getting sick. which would turn to kirri laughter like eating human meat.. (which didnt happen nothing had been eaten)  and i was sick and laughing at the same time even after tetrazine codeine and charcol from the cold.. sneezing and coughing. and kirri laughter.. was a bit disconcerting. loving the update irrespective.

Edited by BinaryP
more info

Já se passou um ano desde que implementaram o carro e não arrumaram os bugs (carros voando, desync despaw depois do restart) e ficam implementando porcaria nem necessidade. Vocês são uns pilantra isso é o vocês são.

im still getting this GI flickering at Dusk or Dawn. Yesterday when i logged out i had the same flickering in the Menu screen. so i tried some various graphic settings with the live preview. but i could not find a seting that would change something in the favor of the flickering.

whats the easies way to make a video of the ingame graphic? so maybe i can catch the effect to show you guys.

also i had a lot of fun with a little barbecue. i like the longer burning and glow time.

i could not wear a military jacket, not shre it was because it wasn't the newest anymore.

and a light military jacket, the one to wear under wests, was decleared waterproof but got me soken wet in the rain. maybe you look into that too.

apart from that, the game feeling gets better and better with every update. great job!

Уважаемые разработчики, подскажите когда в эту игру можно играть и людям которые не хотят убивать людей и грабить их? Сделайте это в одиночном режиме (locale) , чтобы вы могли спокойно играть и не боялись, что какой-то игрок придет и убьет меня, или PvE серверы official do, просто играть на PvE серверах сообщества нет никакого желания, они ставят такие моды, какие считают нужным, и конечно же, но вы хотите играть в эту игру по своим правилам, а не по чужим, очень бы помогли PvE серверам, я наверное трачу свое время, пишу здесь, вы ничего не сделаете и не обратите на меня внимания, я столько писал вам везде, никто не заинтересован в PvE серверах official, вы делаете да мне все равно... 🤔😢

Edited by Uncle Zed

Hello,

I get the message: bad version, server rejectet the connection. I ve also the latest 1.07 version installed and I was able to connect to this server hours ago. It s an official server: Livonia US - NY 5204. 

Why do I get this message NOW?

u missed some things in the stable patchnotes like:

Changed: Non-lethal ammo configuration against players and zombies

Tweaked: The sun or moon were disappearing during certain weather conditions

Tweaked: "Bright" night darkness during stronger overcast

Tweaked: The pickaxe can build watchtowers and fences again

Tweaked: Guts and fat from human bodies cause brain disease

What the f**k?

Update is out???

• Haha 1