Greensek

Stable Update 1.06

3 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

wow jesus that will make this so much easier.  i tip my hat to you good sir @William Sternritter

Ikr? 

Gave him some beans for that. Wish i knew this a long time ago. 🤦‍♂️

• Beans 2

2 hours ago, McWendy said:

Gave him some beans for that. Wish i knew this a long time ago

wow no kidding.  why the hell dis i use the trophy for such an epic post.  in the true spirit of dayz.... it has been changed to beans lol.  cant believe this feature was here the whole time. 

i guess this is it... we have reached the age where we need other people to tell us how tech works haha 

• Like 1

You can also just mouse over a user's name and click Ignore User on the window that pops up.

• Beans 2

On 1/7/2020 at 10:31 AM, IMT said:

Fing, he's obviously trolling, just ignore him. Just report his troll posts for trolling and eventually he'll go away.

Thanks, IMT.  I will let him live in his imaginary world Pew Pewing People🤣🤣🤣.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Did anyone try to max out soft skills in 1.06? I thought I could give it a try and focused on skinning animals and repairing stuff (no chopping trees, crafting fireplaces, etc). I got once as close as >80% to the left. But every now and then (three times so far) something happens and after an odd action, I lose some 20% (1cm on my screen) of the progress. Yesterday it was repairing an axe with duct tape (which really shouldn't be a 'strength' action and even if it was, shouldn't take you 20% to the right, so it's defo a bug). Today I lost some 10% by crafting a stone knife (which normally doesn't impact the skills, I think). Has any of you maxed out 'precision' recently? I'd like to know how it feels to repair everything up to pristine and wanted to give feedback on soft skills, which I consider to potentially be one of crucial elements of character design and one of the most currently underdeveloped parts of the game (yeah, melee and cars included).

According to this video:

You raise 'strength' by chopping trees and plank piles, and by crafting splints (haha), torches and fireplaces. You raise 'precision' by sewing, mending, blood transfusion and skinning animals.

There's a bug ticket from September (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T144808)  referring to a maxed skill being reset after relog, but this is not what I'm talking about. What's happening to me is that I can't even get there. I limited my actions to mostly skinning and repairing, and something always keeps setting me back.

So 4 questions here:

1) Has you maxed out any skill in 1.06?

2) What's your experience with them in general? (yeah, I know most of you just don't care)

3) Did you find out any actions other than referred above which might affect the skill level?

4) Should I submit a bug ticket about the above issue?

We really should have a discussion about skills and I really wanted to start one, but I can't even do my research on the subject.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This might be a question for all you server owners/admins or the devs... just how much does radio broadcasting affect server performance? or does it even affect it at all? Will tripling the range of broadcast have more performance costs because it broadcasts to a wider area? I just find it baffling how extremely underutilized radios are in DayZ. I've had maybe 2 or 3 moments where I heard another soul on the radio in my 400ish hours. They should be more common in police and military areas (you could sneak them inside clothing) with the occasional spawn in residential buildings. Their battery consumption needs to be reduced by more than 50% as most people would opt to use batteries for more useful things.

I would love to leave a radio that's on with an empty backpack (preferably with a piece of paper with a notes written inside the backpack).

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 1/9/2020 at 4:00 AM, Kirov (DayZ) said:

So 4 questions here:

1) Has you maxed out any skill in 1.06?

2) What's your experience with them in general? (yeah, I know most of you just don't care)

3) Did you find out any actions other than referred above which might affect the skill level?

4) Should I submit a bug ticket about the above issue?

This could have been a huge game changer if it worked correctly and logically, and/or explained with proofs.

Frankly, I always forget about that somehow the moment I log in. I have a character that already constructed 3 bases (large community compounds). Today I checked the skills and it's just in the middle, even when I hold any tool or weapon, it never moves.

Maybe its a bug, maybe it's another incomplete feature, maybe it represents an average of all skills, which is in that case just not logical or just vague.

Either way, after using so many hammers my character should receive "The Hammer of Thor" by now.

@Kirov (DayZ) I have noticed the slider moving either way kinda depending on what I was doing, but never noticed any effect. Which is the bigger question and I guess one we can answer ourselves, it is not implemented. So it does not matter how much do you move it either way. 

On 1/13/2020 at 12:06 AM, Tarkules said:

Maybe its a bug, maybe it's another incomplete feature, maybe it represents an average of all skills, which is in that case just not logical or just vague.

Either way, after using so many hammers my character should receive "The Hammer of Thor" by now.

On 1/13/2020 at 9:25 AM, William Sternritter said:

@Kirov (DayZ) I have noticed the slider moving either way kinda depending on what I was doing, but never noticed any effect. Which is the bigger question and I guess one we can answer ourselves, it is not implemented. So it does not matter how much do you move it either way. 

Thanks for the replies. I'm quite sure that the soft skills do work (I was definitely using less kits and tapes when closer to the left), it's the reset problem. I've update the above bug ticket and asked them to look into this issue.

I agree that soft skills have all the reasons to affect the game significantly, if implemented thoughtfully and without bugs. Unfortunately, the current design not only doesn't work but prevents us from deeper discussions about how the skills behave and what we can expect from them. Literally the best opinion I've heard so far was 'who cares, they don't matter anyway'.

Edited by Kirov (DayZ)

32 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Thanks for the replies. I'm quite sure that the soft skills do work (I was definitely using less kits and tapes when closer to the left), it's the reset problem. I've update the above bug ticket and asked them to look into this issue.

I agree that soft skills have all the reasons to affect the game significantly, if implemented thoughtfully and without bugs. Unfortunately, the current design not only doesn't work but prevents us from deeper discussions about how the skills behave and what we can expect from them. Literally the best opinion I've heard so far was 'who cares, they doesn't matter anyway'.

If it does have effect as you describe then it's even more puzzling why the devs have not talked about it. Sure, the reset bug is stupid but also one of the reasons I though it has no effect. Perhaps my shift in skills was too low to notice a difference, or I did not pay enough attention. At the same time, attrition rate of items is changing again making it harder to tell if there is an effect. Shame. Devs really need to make a thorough guide to all current skills and functionalities. 

Hello Survivors, 

We deployed a patch for PC for the current 1.06 Update.

Patch notes:

1.06 Patch 3 (14.01.2020)

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed: A client crash
  • Fixed: Character stats would not properly synchronise and update in the main menu

SERVER

• Fixed: Servers could get stuck in a loop trying to disconnect players

Don't forget to leave you feedback regarding this new patch.

Thank you,

Greensek

• Sad 2

26 minutes ago, Greensek said:

Hello Survivors, 

We deployed a patch for PC for the current 1.06 Update.

Patch notes:

1.06 Patch 3 (14.01.2020)

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed: A client crash
  • Fixed: Character stats would not properly synchronise and update in the main menu

SERVER

• Fixed: Servers could get stuck in a loop trying to disconnect players

Don't forget to leave you feedback regarding this new patch.

Thank you,

Greensek

What do you expect for feedback regarding this new patch? The only feedback i am willing to give is, that its a fucking joke. Seriously. Do you even play your own game from time to time? Something so game breaking as the inventory bug should be your main focus since you broke it with releasing a broken update and DLC. I mean comon guys, now really start to be serious here with us. Are you fucking with us? Do you sit in your office and joke about the stupid player paying for a broken DLC whilst you damage your game even more? Did you enjoy your year end bonuses paid by us stupid fucks buying a broken DLC?

Do you have some sort of ressource meeting on monday mornings? How do they go? Like that?
Lead Developer: Ok what are we up to this week?
Community Manager: Well the whole community is complaining about the inventory bug.
Lead Developer: Anybody?
Community Manager: The inventory bug...?
Lead Developer: Ok if nobody has any suggestion what we should do, lets fix the menu stats bug ok? But lets kinda focus just on that. The rest of the week we think about how we can put out a new DLC and a new map that we recycle from another of our games ok? I mean our community loves our games right? Yeaaaaa! And then beeeer for free for all!

• Haha 1
  • Beans 2

so you bring your car in to get fixed because you have a suspension issue.  They call you a few hrs later and it turns out you also needed an oil change and new wiper blades but the part beeded for the suspension is on back order and will take 2 more weeks.  the car is drivable and they fixed the other 2 issues with it for free.  should they keep your car for the 2 weeks untill the part comes in?  or should they give you the car back so u can still drive to work?  you will still have that annoying suspension issue but 2 other parts of your car will operate much better than before.  would you be mad at them for fixing the other 2 issues? 

give the devs a break.  im not saying the issues at hand arent annoying but they know the issues are there and im sure are doing the best they can to fix them.  personally i would rather they released patches fixing other bugs as they progress.  if they didnt do it this way we would still be rocking .42 or some shit cuz they always have one thing or another that is left to fix or add in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Beans 2

3 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

so you bring your car in to get fixed because you have a suspension issue.  They call you a few hrs later and it turns out you also needed an oil change and new wiper blades but the part beeded for the suspension is on back order and will take 2 more weeks.  the car is drivable and they fixed the other 2 issues with it for free.  should they keep your car for the 2 weeks untill the part comes in?  or should they give you the car back so u can still drive to work?  you will still have that annoying suspension issue but 2 other parts of your car will operate much better than before.  would you be mad at them for fixing the other 2 issues? 

give the devs a break.  im not saying the issues at hand arent annoying but they know the issues are there and im sure are doing the best they can to fix them.  personally i would rather they released patches fixing other bugs as they progress.  if they didnt do it this way we would still be rocking .42 or some shit cuz they always have one thing or another that is left to fix or add in.

We do not talk about fixing a car issue. We talk about development of software. They dont need to wait for some magical part to fix the bug. They have to focus on it. Whilst they fix other bugs, they dont put all ressources into fixing the most crucial bugs. I'm well aware that there are reasons to not let several developers work on the same bug - if it is fixed in a reasonable amount of time. But thats not the case. If you can't fix a crucial bug within your software, that affects most of your clients, you start doing hackatons or whatever with all available developers to find out how to fix that one thing. Thats what should have happend 2 weeks ago, when the new year started. It just shows, that the development team is NOT aware what most players are well aware. Because they probably dont use their software at all.

23 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Try to play a game. Just try and you will feel that inventory bug, when filling up a tent and stashing your items. 

Nobody knows how difficult it is to fix the inventory bug, except the devs. 

If it is not fixed, it simply ain't fixed. 

this bug exist since Livonia EXP....

1.06 is out since 03.12.2019.

But sure,the devs need a break - will be fixed in the next 6 monts - maybe. 🤡

• Beans 1

24 minutes ago, amadieus said:

Dude, we dont talk about a free service like facebook.
We talk about a software we bought with hard cash we also have to work for. If you get a product and pay for it - and its not working, the answer "well its not fixed yet, but we dont tell you when it will be fixed" will not make you happy either.

25 minutes ago, amadieus said:

there is no communication, just silence, that is irritating, maybe if they explain what they work on or why some things are so difficult to solve, there would be more understanding from the community, I have always supported them but this situation is very desperate

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

27 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

found this on twitter, if you don't like the speed of development.

New Year, New Job... Take a look at our current vacancies and see if any opportunities spark your interest. Who knows, 2020 could be the year you become a Bohemian!

https://t.co/ecDIuY4Viz?amp=1

Funny enough - they are not looking for anyone to fix the state this game is in, it all says for "general" or other games like Vigor or "unannounced".

No surprise, we are fucked.

Edited by Jonas Levin

Most of the time I like how game is improving but the inventory bug is getting very annoying. It has been more than a month since it is in stable... and it worked fine before, so it feels strange that it is taking this long.