Greensek

Experimental Update 1.06

27 minutes ago, aux7 said:

To add to this, In real life when I get cold I add layers. In Dayz I should be able to add a jumper or other garments. So add an extra slot for  such things

Add an extra slot also for a rain poncho. Back pack rain cover too. So for both of them we have to take them off when we get too hot, or add them when too cold  . .

as mentioned above, when it rains at the moment, you currently pretty much have to go indoors til it stops. The swim to skalisty/prison island is no longer a no brainer . .  . . Both of these affect my gameplay more than nighttime ... . . which never did  ..   apart from the night light . .. .

Oh yes. How many times has anyone ever picked up and worn a t-shirt, sweater or telnyashka in the game other than for RP reasons? Not a lot I would presume. If a garment has less inventory space than a hoodie, it might as well spawn as rags because that's its only use. It would make sense to implement an extra slot for chest wear for inner/under garments. This would not accept any sort of jacket, only thinner shirts, t-shirts and suchlike, but would add its insulation value to the outer jacket. They could block the inventory slots for that garment if and when you wear something over it, but it would add more depth to the warm and cold conditions for sure, even without the getting wet part.

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 2

12 minutes ago, Derleth said:

You use server messages for that, in a separate xml file. If you want to write real-time messages to players on the server that is not possible in vanilla as far as I know. There might be modded admin tools that does it, check the workshop for that. 

this Nonsense
Prior to update 1.04, everything worked
At this time i send message to all players in cycle (for) for each player.
But it’s wrong to make cycles for SingleRPCs
BI must make function for send broadcast messages from server to all players

2 minutes ago, BORIZZ.K said:

this Nonsense
Prior to update 1.04, everything worked
At this time i send message to all players in cycle (for) for each player.
But it’s wrong to make cycles for SingleRPCs
BI must make function for send broadcast messages from server to all players

You have that function in the messages.xml, as stated above, still works. As for server admin spamming messages globally to every player on the server, I dearly hope that is never implemented.

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 2

17 minutes ago, Derleth said:

You have that function in the messages.xml, as stated above, still works. As for server admin spamming messages globally to every player on the server, I dearly hope that is never implemented. 

This not FUNCTION in enScript...

I talk about enFusion scripts...

6 hours ago, Parazight said:

Chernarus needs a lot of car wrecks.  Like Livonia.  Go ahead and push the button on a facelift.  Even if you just add junked cars with salvageable parts,  That will be fine.  Chernarus needs to have cars that survivors can loot.  Either take out some existing car spawns, or don't.  It doesn't matter.  But get those run-down cars in there somehow, please.

It's not possible to remake the whole map just to add cool car wrecks and all that.. They can't make it in time for 1.06 and DLC release.. They will remake Chernarus for those new car wrecks in upcoming updates maybe 1.07 or maybe 1.08 🙂

5 hours ago, Greensek said:

This is intentionally disabled to prevent vehicle parts from spawning apart from the vehicle wrecks. 

I

This function is not used for the global messages, but for regular in game chat which has a limited reach.

OMG.

5 hours ago, Derleth said:

Oh yes. How many times has anyone ever picked up and worn a t-shirt, sweater or telnyashka in the game other than for RP reasons? Not a lot I would presume. If a garment has less inventory space than a hoodie, it might as well spawn as rags because that's its only use. It would make sense to implement an extra slot for chest wear for inner/under garments. This would not accept any sort of jacket, only thinner shirts, t-shirts and suchlike, but would add its insulation value to the outer jacket. They could block the inventory slots for that garment if and when you wear something over it, but it would add more depth to the warm and cold conditions for sure, even without the getting wet part.

Arguably, those items shouldn't even have inventory space.  I would prefer that they just be used as warmth layers.  They would add some weight to your character but would provide another layer against wetness and cold.  Maybe it's because I'm currently laying in bed sick at the beginnings of winter that I would like to see the temps turned down a bit in DayZ in general.   

• Like 2

10 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

That is exactly why it needs fixing. The rate at which you get soaked no matter what clothes you're wearing as well as dry off again is "broken"

However; these are variables. How quick you get wet and dry off are just variables and regardless of the language numbers are the same. I understand that they need to re-make animations and such, but this is simply the result of them still playing with the variables instead of sticking with what worked previously. 

I disagree.  Seems fine.  Also, you get soaked faster depending on how hard it is raining.  The dry off period isn't bad at all if you are wringing out your shirt and pants.  Do you have any data or a link to share that shows that clothes get wet at the same rate or is this conjecture?  Not broken at all.

5 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

It's not possible to remake the whole map just to add cool car wrecks and all that.. They can't make it in time for 1.06 and DLC release.. They will remake Chernarus for those new car wrecks in upcoming updates maybe 1.07 or maybe 1.08

How do you know this?  Please provide links/evidence.

3 hours ago, Parazight said:

I disagree.  Seems fine.  Also, you get soaked faster depending on how hard it is raining.  The dry off period isn't bad at all if you are wringing out your shirt and pants.  Do you have any data or a link to share that shows that clothes get wet at the same rate or is this conjecture?  Not broken at all.

How do you know this?  Please provide links/evidence.

i said... it's not possible to do it in time... if it is possible don't you think we would already have new car wrecks in Chernarus? they focused on Livonia.. also there is like billion of car wrecks on Chernarus that need to be replaced with new ones.. altho i think they will do a combination of old and new because old ones kinda look cool and new car wrecks don't have what old ones have like V3S wreck and stuff like that... basically.. there is no time for them to rework the whole map of Chernarus to get new car wrecks in... it's like a month if not more of work maybe in 1.07 or 1.08 Chernarus will get the new car wrecks... it's common sense... you should know this

6 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

i said... it's not possible to do it in time... if it is possible don't you think we would already have new car wrecks in Chernarus? they focused on Livonia.. also there is like billion of car wrecks on Chernarus that need to be replaced with new ones.. altho i think they will do a combination of old and new because old ones kinda look cool and new car wrecks don't have what old ones have like V3S wreck and stuff like that... basically.. there is no time for them to rework the whole map of Chernarus to get new car wrecks in... it's like a month if not more of work maybe in 1.07 or 1.08 Chernarus will get the new car wrecks... it's common sense... you should know this

I don't recall demanding top priority on this.  Additionally, how is it that you're privy to the development timetable when they don't even know?

This is just a thread where forum goers give feedback.  My feedback is, after playing Livonia and 1.06 Chernarus Experimental, that car wrecks are necessary.  Make it happen.  That's it. 

I've been on these forums for a number of years now and not once have I ever demanded that something be fixed or implemented immediately.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Parazight said:

So first of all, probably no one complaining about this said that all clothes get wet at the same rate. However; what everyone complaining about this observed is that clothes get damped very quickly, regardless of the material of clothes. Which is why people are over and over stating things like, Gorkas used to be nearly waterproof now they get soaked just the same, we need properly waterproof clothing and so on. So ... do you have any link or data that they don't? 😉 While look for that link or data, one final thought, it was acknowledged that the devs are tuning this. So yes, it is broken. 

Edited by William Sternritter

To me, the issue is not so much that your clothes get wet, but that you can go from full health to dead in about 15 minutes of continuous rain exposure.

@Parazight Earlier in this thread, you said the rain system didn't need changing, that it's part of hardcore survival and the solution is to just avoid such weather by staying indoors.  For me at least, that's swinging the pendulum a bit too much to the "that's annoying" side of things rather than "that's hardcore".  If you're on a server that's constantly raining, you may end up essentially stuck where you are if the next town over is too far away.  You'd have to stay indoors for far too long which gets boring fairly quickly.

Don't get me wrong, I like the hardcore aspects of this and I wouldn't necessarily call it "broken" either, but I think it definitely needs balancing.

IMO, you should not immediately start losing health in the rain.  I think the simple solution here is to just extend the timers between temperature drops and only start the down arrow for health when the temperature icon turns dark blue (or as I suggested in a different thread, maybe even add a new "dark purple" color and health loss only begins on that color).  This would allow for longer survival in the rain, but you should still die of hypothermia if the rain persists and you do nothing about it.

Having said that though, there should be at least one item of clothing that you can loot that will either keep you warm and dry or at the very least, limit your drop in temperature even more, such that you can survive that much longer in the rain if you're wearing that item of clothing.

• Beans 1

5 minutes ago, drgullen said:

To me, the issue is not so much that your clothes get wet, but that you can go from full health to dead in about 15 minutes of continuous rain exposure.

@Parazight Earlier in this thread, you said the rain system didn't need changing, that it's part of hardcore survival and the solution is to just avoid such weather by staying indoors.  For me at least, that's swinging the pendulum a bit too much to the "that's annoying" side of things rather than "that's hardcore".  If you're on a server that's constantly raining, you may end up essentially stuck where you are if the next town over is too far away.  You'd have to stay indoors for far too long which gets boring fairly quickly.

Don't get me wrong, I like the hardcore aspects of this and I wouldn't necessarily call it "broken" either, but I think it definitely needs balancing.

IMO, you should not immediately start losing health in the rain.  I think the simple solution here is to just extend the timers between temperature drops and only start the down arrow for health when the temperature icon turns dark blue (or as I suggested in a different thread, maybe even add a new "dark purple" color and health loss only begins on that color).  This would allow for longer survival in the rain, but you should still die of hypothermia if the rain persists and you do nothing about it.

Having said that though, there should be at least one item of clothing that you can loot that will either keep you warm and dry or at the very least, limit your drop in temperature even more, such that you can survive that much longer in the rain if you're wearing that item of clothing.

Yeah exactly. It just needs tuning to be a less annoying mechanic while still having a strong impact on survival. If you ignore the weather you should suffer consequences, but forcing players to sit idle in a shed waiting out a storm should only be the extreme case where you're a newspawn with no gear. Basically, it seems the rate at which clothes get soaked is pretty balanced, you only get drenched in half a minute if you're out in massive thunderstorm downpour - and anyone who has been out in that kind of rain irl knows that is perfectly realistic... There needs to be more water resistant clothing for sure, and the cooling down and dying from getting wet needs to be slowed down, but drying in a few minutes just by getting indoors should also be ruled out. Wring out your clothes and you should not get any colder, but to actually get dry you should need a fire - or sit tight for a very long time.

OVERALL ! , Pretty good job with the this new version, and Livonia,  no complaints, EXCEPT ! for my favorite serverside mod not being able to use the GetGame().ChatPlayer("message") (global message to all players connected to server) not working.

Thanks for keeping it real, no pooh pooh.

9 hours ago, Parazight said:

I don't recall demanding top priority on this.  Additionally, how is it that you're privy to the development timetable when they don't even know?

This is just a thread where forum goers give feedback.  My feedback is, after playing Livonia and 1.06 Chernarus Experimental, that car wrecks are necessary.  Make it happen.  That's it. 

I've been on these forums for a number of years now and not once have I ever demanded that something be fixed or implemented immediately.  

Because if they did have time to add new car wrecks on Chernarus don't you think we would be seeing them already there? It sounds like you're demanding.. It's obvious that they DON'T have time to rework the whole damn map just for the new wrecks.. And everybody knows that... You should know it too especially since you're here for loooong time.. If you really want it... They would probably release this update next year in like March combining 1.06 and 1.07 into one big update.. There is so much stuff needed to be done in 1.06 like V3S and other stuff.. There is no time for Chernarus rework to be in this patch... There just isn't.. 

Um, guys... I think this needs to be fixed before 1.06 gets released. I jumped into EXP and it's pretty disappointing when infected can't even hit you properly. This is while jogging, not even sprinting. Is this being looked at at all @Greensek?

I remember this wasn't happening in 1.03 or older something, this is something that got tweaked the last 2 updates. People have been clamoring about clipping issues with infected melee attacks. I wouldn't be surprised if the intended fix for that somehow caused the issue above.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

It sounds like you're demanding.. 

But I'm not.  I'm only demanding that people realize that ellipses are not a substitute for every form of punctuation.

3 hours ago, repzaj1234 said:

Um, guys... I think this needs to be fixed before 1.06 gets released. I jumped into EXP and it's pretty disappointing when infected can't even hit you properly. This is while jogging, not even sprinting. Is this being looked at at all @Greensek?

I remember this wasn't happening in 1.03 or older something, this is something that got tweaked the last 2 updates. People have been clamoring about clipping issues with infected melee attacks. I wouldn't be surprised if the intended fix for that somehow caused the issue above.

Haven't noticed that, does not look good at all, seems they are blocked from attacking when you are moving. I doubt it has anything to do with a fix for clipping when fighting infected though, because that still happens. Good catch, is there a feedback ticket? I will add to it if necessary.

13 hours ago, repzaj1234 said:

Hi @repzaj1234, thanks for the feedback.

I will pass this to the team, with the video you linked in your comment.

Not sure if it will be fixed until 1.06 releases.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, repzaj1234 said:

So, I'm going to ask the blatant question, isn't that correct behavior? 

How many (melee) hits can someone land on you when you're constantly moving and they are behind you, essentially following? They need to either speed up or flank you. Because as long as you're about the same speed, those attackers will always loose momentum and time as they swing to hit you. You can clearly see it here. Infected pause and start swinging to hit, which is the time player escapes their reach. In my opinion, this is fine and the crowd behavior needs to change so that they speed up and flank you and block your route. In other words, crowd of infected needs to be a threat because it is a crowd, not because they can insta hit you regardless of your movement. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

12 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

So, I'm going to ask the blatant question, isn't that correct behavior? 

How many (melee) hits can someone land on you when you're constantly moving and they are behind you, essentially following? They need to either speed up or flank you. Because as long as you're about the same speed, those attackers will always loose momentum and time as they swing to hit you. You can clearly see it here. Infected pause and start swinging to hit, which is the time player escapes their reach. In my opinion, this is fine and the crowd behavior needs to change so that they speed up and flank you and block your route. In other words, crowd of infected needs to be a threat because it is a crowd, not because they can insta hit you regardless of your movement. 

Agreed. This is only possible to do as long as you have at least one route to take to keep moving, if you take one bad turn and get mobbed it's all over. Anyway, being smart about how you run from a mob of infected should make it possible to survive, but in the video it looks like it is currently a bit too easy. There are several moments where the character changes direction and the nearest infected should have had time to swing but paused instead. The rather weak inertia when turning is a part of this, I might be remembering wrong but wasn't inertia stronger in the beginning of 0.63 testing?

I'd also like to see the ones being blocked by their mates run around to flank, rather than just wait their turn.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 2
  • Beans 1

1 minute ago, Derleth said:

Agreed. This is only possible to do as long as you have at least one route to take to keep moving, if you take one turn and get mobbed it's all over. Being smart about how you run from a mob of infected should make it possible to survive, but in the video it looks like it is currently a bit too easy. There are several moments where the character changes direction and the nearest infected should have had time to swing but paused instead. I'd also like to see the ones being blocked by their mates run around to flank, rather than just wait their turn.

Yes, I believe this is the result of him moving. Especially infected blocking each other. In my experience as soon as you stand still, they will encircle you and take on you from all sides. Otherwise if they are lined up, you have a choke point or something, you can actually hack through a mob one by one. Also, I have noticed on countless occasions that they do take a bit of time to start hitting you even when you stand still. I have never really considered this as a bug though, but rather the effect of the infection. Not sure what the devs' design intentions are however 🙂 

Definitely requires tuning, but I would say, they should not really be able to hit you as long as you keep moving smartly. Which will of course become harder as the crowd grows.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fun Automat said:

The 1.06 exp is not complete...every test - fix or modupdate is pointless atm.

you don't consider the fact that most of the stuff is not released yet it's in their internal build... like they are keeping stuff from us so we don't see it trough data mining? so they will release a bunch of cool stuff with the official 1.06 Stable release with DLC because they don't want to spoil things.. just sayin' ... there probably is a lot of stuff hidden internally... not released to the public...First Livonia Open Beta was like an Experimental for the Experimental update... it's Pre Experimental xD so im guessing Stable is coming either tommorow which is a miracle... or wednesday next week 😄