ImpulZ

Status Report - July 2019

28 minutes ago, RicKaTaNski said:

Ok, im glad you have decided to give us console players private servers but can you at least give us more info on them?

As far as your duping fix is concerned well i'll believe it when i see it because you said you fixed it once before and ended up making it easier so....

Lastly, meatballing, this for me is worse than duping as it alters the characters look in a way that gives an advantage over players who are not using it imo so, please, for the love of god, can you give us some info on how you are going to tackle it? Please?

More information on the private servers will be provided once we get closer to the update release.

Duping is an issue that will most probably never be fixed completely. What we do is check and fix all prominent reproduction steps that come to us. So this is not a guarantee that everything is fixed, but it is one more step in our constant efforts to fight it.

It is similar for meatballing, we have tested and fixed several methods that have been reported to us.

But even with this update goes: If you see any possible exploit, report it to us as soon as possible, so that we can get working on a fix.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For the People that still had hope towards a good survival game: thank You for paying for our New engine. 

We will still hope to see you in DayZ: Karts

What a disappointment

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

26 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

Mais informações sobre os servidores privados serão fornecidas assim que nos aproximarmos da versão de atualização.

Duping é um problema que provavelmente nunca será corrigido completamente. O que fazemos é verificar e corrigir todos os passos de reprodução proeminentes que nos chegam. Então, isso não é garantia de que tudo está consertado, mas é mais um passo em nossos constantes esforços para combatê-lo.

É semelhante para almôndegas, testamos e corrigimos vários métodos que foram relatados para nós.

Mas, mesmo com esta atualização: Se você vir qualquer possível exploração, informe-nos o mais rápido possível, para que possamos trabalhar em uma correção.

Many thanks for your excellent game, I am happy to communicate with you, thanks for the 1.04 update of the private server implementation, this will give choice for all tastes.

I will do everything possible to share and pull fps players to dayz, as was my case 14 years playing cs go, ranibow six, battlefield 5 when i started playing dayz i completely changed and i love this game and i will never change it for another.

Keep the game updated and no loss of frame rate in the city and with the style of survival ... will be a success alias will have so much sale you will be among the first in the console trust me =).

Edited by Hugx5x12
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

@ImpulZ Sorry, I’m struggling to let this go, because I think you’re making a big mistake. You said this...

“Advanced health system – We improved it in 1.04 and will continue the balancing. However, at this time we will not commit to implementing complex medical/injury gameplay – while this is desired by many hardcore players, we are still struggling to fully explain the complexity of the existing system to the majority of players. Moving forward, we are working on a nice balance between authenticity and accessibility.”

I, and many others have asked numerous times for feedback on the specifics of health, illnesses, etc. So we know the reasons behind sickness. I don’t ever remember getting, or seeing a reply to these questions. You call that struggling to explain the system? I call it not even attempting to explain the system.

I can handle not dealing with an intricate disease system right now, but broken limbs? If you asked your entire playerbase if they want this feature, I’m sure the majority would say yes. You must have seen the amount of requests for it every time you release a patch. What I’m getting from this feedback, is that the player base is too stupid to understand . Maybe I’m reading too much into it. I hope I’m wrong.

• Like 6
  • Beans 1

32 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

@ImpulZ Sorry, I’m struggling to let this go, because I think you’re making a big mistake. You said this...

“Advanced health system – We improved it in 1.04 and will continue the balancing. However, at this time we will not commit to implementing complex medical/injury gameplay – while this is desired by many hardcore players, we are still struggling to fully explain the complexity of the existing system to the majority of players. Moving forward, we are working on a nice balance between authenticity and accessibility.”

I, and many others have asked numerous times for feedback on the specifics of health, illnesses, etc. So we know the reasons behind sickness. I don’t ever remember getting, or seeing a reply to these questions. You call that struggling to explain the system? I call it not even attempting to explain the system.

I can handle not dealing with an intricate disease system right now, but broken limbs? If you asked your entire playerbase if they want this feature, I’m sure the majority would say yes. You must have seen the amount of requests for it every time you release a patch. What I’m getting from this feedback, is that the player base is too stupid to understand . Maybe I’m reading too much into it. I hope I’m wrong.

What's bothering me as well is that he has answered on specific questions but not the most important question out there. They're scrapping shit again but not saying what they're going to scrap. It might not be their intention but this SR sounds to me like "we're stopping development, we're adding a few things like guns, items but no new features. However, here is our DLC, give us money... LUL!".

Unless the DLC is for free. I'm never ever going to buy that DLC and hope no one else does as well. It would be outrageous and a real stab in everyone's back. It would mean that in the end, they didn't go for the survival game they initially promised and kept promising but went with the BR game.

• Like 3
  • Beans 4

@IMT Yeah, I’m worried. I hope they haven’t taken a decision to cut back features because the game has gained popularity in its current state. They need to keep working hard. I CAN forgive them if they want the performance as good as possible before adding the other stuff, but it feels like more of a console issue than a PC one. I guess PC players are the minority now, and it’s only fair for those console players to have a working game. 

DayZ without the promise of that extra flavour gameplay/features, will soon get stale, in my opinion.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

The rough explanation is that players can get sick in the game. Most diseases are spread via agents. Agents are what gets transferred from items to items (by liquid transfer), players to players (by coughing, sneezing) and players to items (by consumption). The player's immunity system, if strong enough, kills the agents, otherwise the agent grows and -reaching a certain threshold- will trigger a disease. Agents on items can be cleaned off with appropriate items (water purification, disinfectant, cooking..)

Players can find medical items around the world, which will provide a help in countering the agent infection.

But you have to see that the forums here only represent a certain very hard core of all players, and that this system is obviously already way more complicated than many other games out there offer, making it more difficult to grasp for newcomers, and to a certain degree frustrating if even balanced slightly wrong.

33 minutes ago, Jwalk138 said:

Hello, can you confirm or deny that Namalsk will be the official DLC?

Namalsk is not the official DLC discussed in this Status Report.

4 minutes ago, IMT said:

What's bothering me as well is that he has answered on specific questions but not the most important question out there. They're scrapping shit again but not saying what they're going to scrap. It might not be their intention but this SR sounds to me like "we're stopping development, we're adding a few things like guns, items but no new features. However, here is our DLC, give us money... LUL!".

Unless the DLC is for free. I'm never ever going to buy that DLC and hope no one else does as well. It would be outrageous and a real stab in everyone's back. It would mean that in the end, they didn't go for the survival game they initially promised and kept promising but went with the BR game.

There will be more features, more details on that at a later stage. As mentioned in the Status Report, the Survivor GameZ are currently intended as a free Alpha test, while we consider them for an additional game mode.

However, there will be a paid DLC at the end of the year (which is not Survivor GameZ, nor Namalsk). Regarding that, we stand by our word that no previously promised features will be hidden behind a paywall.

• Like 6
  • Beans 1

5 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

while this is desired by many hardcore players, we are still struggling to fully explain the complexity of the existing system to the majority of players. Moving forward, we are working on a nice balance between authenticity and accessibility.

DayZ in nowadays is more like PUBG, there is so little survival experience.. Main thing in current state of the game is get GUNZZZ and go shooting on coast, OR in the big cities. Nothing stopping you from coast getting to NWA, if you are average player. No serious illness, no broken legs, blood regenerate so quickly, healt too.. 

Comunity gets younger, and because of that, you don't know how to explain to  kids, when you're coughing, you need to be in warm and take some medicine. Or when you bleeding, you need to bandage yourself.. 

DON'T DO THIS GAME CASUAL! It wasn't always about killing players! It was about SURVIVING IN WASTELAND! 

Give us some real report and don't hide behind words, that healt system is now to complicated to learn... 

• Like 1
  • Beans 5

@ImpulZ I actually knew that kind of stuff about the medical system, it was more regarding the symptoms (e.g water loss, etc) that I was confused about. This new sickness you get with dirty rags currently has no effect, is that right?

Can you at least say you haven’t written off the complex medical system, forever? I don’t mind waiting for it. But watching DayZ videos years ago, broken bones was one of the features that got me interested in the game. 

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

but for an almost 6-year-old game, it's pretty good!

Is this a typo? The game is 7 months old not 6 years. Or are we counting now all the years where the game was not much more than a prototype?

Edited by inspectormarc
  • Beans 2

45 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

Can you at least say you haven’t written off the complex medical system, forever? I don’t mind waiting for it. But watching DayZ videos years ago, broken bones was one of the features that got me interested in the game. 

As said in the Status Report, we will not commit to it. But "complex" is relative, which is the main point here. You can always make an idea more complicated, for example broken limbs including recovery times with changing animations and much more. So we would like to expand on the medical gameplay, but there will be a limit as to how detailed we can make it.

43 minutes ago, inspectormarc said:

Is this a typo? The game is 7 months old not 6 years. Or are we counting now all the years where the game was not much more than a prototype?

I see what you did there, but DayZ as a game is old. People on these forums are not registered since 2012 because they are just playing DayZ for 7 months (and probably gathered thousands of hours each). And the game concept itself never changed, so we are truly blessed to see this amount of players (on PC alone) for our title.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Broken limbs are one place where we for sure don't want it to be 100% realistic 👽

Still want it back though 😘

Big cheers for the work by the devs leaving and not the least for the ones that is joining and sticking around.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

As said in the Status Report, we will not commit to it. But "complex" is relative, which is the main point here. You can always make an idea more complicated, for example broken limbs including recovery times with changing animations and much more. So we would like to expand on the medical gameplay, but there will be a limit as to how detailed we can make it.

Hey, great you're here. Can you please explain to me how after years of hearing 'we're building a new engine to bring you all the features we want' it's now 'we have this new engine, so obviously it's gonna be poorer in features than Legacy'?

Please use simple words, I think I'm daft or something, because I really, really don't understand the chain of logic here.

• Like 2
  • Beans 3

1 hour ago, TheDrifT3r_Cz said:

DayZ in nowadays is more like PUBG, there is so little survival experience.. Main thing in current state of the game is get GUNZZZ and go shooting on coast, OR in the big cities. Nothing stopping you from coast getting to NWA, if you are average player. No serious illness, no broken legs, blood regenerate so quickly, healt too.. 

Comunity gets younger, and because of that, you don't know how to explain to  kids, when you're coughing, you need to be in warm and take some medicine. Or when you bleeding, you need to bandage yourself.. 

DON'T DO THIS GAME CASUAL! It wasn't always about killing players! It was about SURVIVING IN WASTELAND! 

Give us some real report and don't hide behind words, that healt system is now to complicated to learn... 

This ^ In a nutshell. 

At least give us a chance to refund. I dont care i have got my monies worth TESTING the game. 

To far from the original buy-in to say i got my game 

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

5 hours ago, IMT said:

*sigh*.

My biggest question now is, which features from 0.62 have been scrapped (bows, fishing, traps, broken bones, etc.) and which features which were promised are going to be scrapped (vaulting/parkour, bears, helicopters, etc.)? We really need more information on this matter to get an overview of the damage.

Yep.

What's being cut?

With a majority of key figures leaving, and this years' focus not involving content outside of a DLC (Free? Or paid?) It sounds like progress is just stopping. This status report isn't exactly filling me with any confidence, especially after the massive hiatus and info drought.

And please tell me helicopters/small prop plane aren't cancelled, too. :(

Edited by RobCoxxy

Great that the team will be working on the balancing on base building, adding more content and work on mod support but "while this is desired by many hardcore players, we are still struggling to fully explain the complexity of the existing system to the majority of players. " - sounds like nonsense to me. Is a broken leg and treatment to complex to explain to new players?

Like many before me has stated your reports are way too shallow, please flesh it out with hard facts instead of dancing around the topics. Also what will be scrapped that was in 0.62 or actually promised for 1.XX? We have the right to know these things. It is important can't you guys see this?

Edited by Brandon Clinch
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

The rough explanation is that players can get sick in the game. Most diseases are spread via agents. Agents are what gets transferred from items to items (by liquid transfer), players to players (by coughing, sneezing) and players to items (by consumption). The player's immunity system, if strong enough, kills the agents, otherwise the agent grows and -reaching a certain threshold- will trigger a disease. Agents on items can be cleaned off with appropriate items (water purification, disinfectant, cooking..)

Players can find medical items around the world, which will provide a help in countering the agent infection.

But you have to see that the forums here only represent a certain very hard core of all players, and that this system is obviously already way more complicated than many other games out there offer, making it more difficult to grasp for newcomers, and to a certain degree frustrating if even balanced slightly wrong.

But Tim, what's the meaning of such complex disease-infectious agents system when actual diseases aren't a real threat to your character?

As a player, I don't find the motivation for disinfecting objects or purifying water when the outcome of those actions only produces a slightly higher water loss or vomiting? 

When talking about diseases, all I (and many others) ask for is to give said diseases and infections an actual meaning.
They gotta exist for something, and your goal as a player should be avoiding them by any means.
But you would only want to avoid them if they actually did something bad to you. Right now they are practically harmless. You will never die because of a 1.04 disease.
-

I feel like DayZ development is getting more and more disconnected with it's own playerbase as time passes.
Last time we got asked for focused feedback was near Christmas and it was about the UI elements.
Last time we got asked for insight on changes for features it was done by Peter on his own Twitter account while discussing it with direct interaction in both Reddit and Twitter.

We haven't heard about the game direction as a whole since last Status Report more than half a year ago, and this one only told us the opposite of what an actual Status Report used to.

Listen to us.

Edited by Guest

Wow.. just Wow. Having a paid DLC is a broken promise (was said you pay once for this game.. all through testing up until this very day where you say we now probably ain't never gonna be getting what was foretold) but then whats new with you guys.

Crash test dummies indeed. Oh how I'd love to see the look on some of those "but its Alpha.. have patience.. and faith" faces right now. Suckers.

• Beans 1

7 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

full parity isn't possible because of the engine specifics

This I'd like to be clarified. Isn't possible for now or isn't possible at all?

Honestly I had my doubts about bohemia after they scrapped the roadmap but this at least gives us a little info into the process. Thanks a lot for this status report. I would love to see one monthly or bimonthly at least. Thanks for putting our money to good use. I'm personally looking forward to modding, specifically trading villages. And everything else. Sorry for doubting you

Edited by Doug Fuoco
Spelling
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, [Gen]Adzic said:

Wow.. just Wow. Having a paid DLC is a broken promise (was said you pay once for this game.. all through testing up until this very day where you say we now probably ain't never gonna be getting what was foretold) but then whats new with you guys.

Crash test dummies indeed. Oh how I'd love to see the look on some of those "but its Alpha.. have patience.. and faith" faces right now. Suckers.

I failed to read that they were charging for it

2 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

I see what you did there, but DayZ as a game is old. People on these forums are not registered since 2012 because they are just playing DayZ for 7 months (and probably gathered thousands of hours each). And the game concept itself never changed, so we are truly blessed to see this amount of players (on PC alone) for our title.

You would have many more players if you had kept more promises. The concept behind dayz will never get old exactly like the zombie genre will always have some interest. 

• Beans 1