Acids House

Can we just get a straight answer?

1. Are server getting wiped with the new update? If not why? At this point it is necessary and will sync well with the new random spawn mitigation.

2. Are players being wiped as well? Again if not, why? 

I think the majority at this point want a full wipe and a fresh start with the new update. Why this is starting to look like it wont be the case is baffling. It sounds to me and most others who have read that servers and characters wont be wiped. What's the point of telling legitimate players to move their gear if it will just be wiped? You wouldnt. Makes us believe these things wont happen and the cheater life is being catered to more than legit players.

Edited by Acids House

I’d be willing to say with certainty that they will absolutely wipe servers and characters.

Anytime there’s been a substantial update we’ve had a full wipe.

Edited by Nayte

25 minutes ago, Nayte said:

I’d be willing to say with certainty that they will absolutely wipe servers and characters.

Why would they tell people to move their gear off servers they are shutting down because of massive duping? Why even shut down any servers if they are going to wipe servers with the update? 

Edited by Acids House

7 minutes ago, Acids House said:

Why would they tell people to move their gear off servers they are shutting down because of massive duping? Why even shut down any servers if they are going to wipe servers with the update? 

They may be doing some back end testing until the day the update drops.

I’d be very surprised if they didn’t wipe them.

Back end testing ok. But shutting down servers when there will be a wipe is completely pointless. Especially having people move gear is a headache ESPECIALLY if there will be a wipe that the devs know about. Js. These guys need to be more transparent and communicative with their community. Many people I know and many from my group, myself included, have ceased playing the game anticipating a fresh start with 1.04. No one I know will be back to the game if servers aren't wiped. This is something that needs to be communicated. 

Edited by Acids House

I hope to the DayZ got that we will get a full wipe, I'd suspect that we would after over three months with no wipe & the fact there working hard to get exploit fixes included in this months planned update. lets ask @ImpulZ to see if we can get some clarification on any potential server/character wipes with the combined 1.03/1.04 update? please lovely mr community manager can we get a little clue at least?

• Thanks 1

didn't they say with 1.0 release they wouldnt be doing anymore server/character wipes?  I understand and want it to happen but i think they are trying to steer away from that as much as possible. 

Start watching the pc section.

Impulz posts there way more often than here. We come in way behind pc. We are second thought community.

13 minutes ago, Seth Allen Smith said:

didn't they say with 1.0 release they wouldnt be doing anymore server/character wipes?  I understand and want it to happen but i think they are trying to steer away from that as much as possible. 

They did but I think it’s gone that far now they won’t have a choice unless they just ignore the problems.

Then come in and close a thread because talks of numbers related to what the company makes or doesn't, factual or not a simple warning or tread lightly would have been enough. 

If you insult bi directly in a post like I did which was vulgar you get a temp ban, all I said was "Fuck bi", vulgar yes, worthy of a temp ban with no previous stupid behavior on forums?

Talk about money they make whether correct or not shouldn't be closed. I understand this is a private run forum but come on really? No reason to close, just talk correct or not who cares. Drinking is impeding my ability with sentence structure sorry. Still stands.

8 hours ago, Seth Allen Smith said:

@ImpulZ hey man can you help us out with a little knowledge. I'm not privy to the above information. Will there be no wipes even with the state of the loot economy????

they’re taking the servers offline, to start the process of making the existing servers higher pop count (75, 100, 150) and merging all players into less servers with higher pops.

So instead of needing a bunch of 60 slot servers for their total player base, instead of having everyone spread out across lots of servers, they’re going to make everyone play on just a few 150 slot servers, reducing the hopping between servers and reducing the amount of back end crap they need to maintain, and in turn being able to combat duping because hopping and joining is a part of the glitch, if you only have a few servers to choose from and they’re all constantly full to the max you won’t be able to get in, added with the new random spawn mechanic it will reduce the exploit significantly

23 hours ago, wh1skey_ said:

they’re taking the servers offline, to start the process of making the existing servers higher pop count (75, 100, 150) and merging all players into less servers with higher pops.

So instead of needing a bunch of 60 slot servers for their total player base, instead of having everyone spread out across lots of servers, they’re going to make everyone play on just a few 150 slot servers, reducing the hopping between servers and reducing the amount of back end crap they need to maintain, and in turn being able to combat duping because hopping and joining is a part of the glitch, if you only have a few servers to choose from and they’re all constantly full to the max you won’t be able to get in, added with the new random spawn mechanic it will reduce the exploit significantly

Fake news. They literally state the closing of these specific servers are due to excessive duping. If duping is possible then it doesnt matter if there are only 2 servers, dupers will dupe between them. I doubt queue times are much of a deterrent for dupers either.  The combat for duping and ghosting comes with the random spawn mitigation they are implementing for people that change/hop servers. This will honestly only slow the process down. It will hopefully make base building viable as I dont see a way to ghost anymore. None of this even matters without a full character and server wipe however. The loot economies will remain completely f@#!ed and the game will continue being something Dayz was never meant to be.

On 7/4/2019 at 3:31 PM, Nayte said:

That was before 1.0 release, BI stated after hitting 1.0 they would not be doing a full server wipe after coming out of Beta status.

15 minutes ago, RussianReavers said:

That was before 1.0 release, BI stated after hitting 1.0 they would not be doing a full server wipe after coming out of Beta status.

I could accept that, however given the current climate of mass duped items, BI really has no choice but to have a full wipe upon 1.04, if duping is indeed completely fixed.

Only other scenario I can think of is if they’ve found an algorithm to remove anything duped post fix/update.

Time will tell..

I hope they wipe the servers and also brings the much needed fixes that the game needs. Next month is the one year anniversary of the Xbox One version by the way.

On 7/4/2019 at 1:57 PM, Acids House said:

I do believe that the update on the 15th is not the 1.4. I think thats at the end of the month.

God tents, duping, triple armour, tent cities, meatballs, server hoppers, floor glitching and a million other stuff. 

Never in my gaming life (25+ years) have a seen a game getting so destroyed with cheating. 

1.04 wont do shit... We need private servers. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

God tents, duping, triple armour, tent cities, meatballs, server hoppers, floor glitching and a million other stuff. 

Never in my gaming life (25+ years) have a seen a game getting so destroyed with cheating. 

Wait what?! Triple armour? Are you serious right now?

39 minutes ago, OilRig said:

Wait what?! Triple armour? Are you serious right now?

Yeah I asked the same thing . Apparently it’s a thing now , but the devs know about it. 

1 hour ago, bent.toe said:

I hate to say it ..... but I agree . The game is plagued by so many game breaking issues right now. I’m hoping the next update will resolve them. 

But I just can’t see it. Especially with the new content being added only leaves me wondering , what’s going wrong next . I personally think 2020 will be the year when we have some semblance of a working game . 

I sincerely hope I’m wrong though. 

Kind of hope there's no wipe now. Have a nice setup going now with outposts hidden across the map, a nearly working car and an organised  group 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, awalsh47 said:

Kind of hope there's no wipe now. Have a nice setup going now with outposts hidden across the map, a nearly working car and an organised  group 

How very altruistic of you 😂

31 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

How very altruistic of you 😂

Ha! We only really got set up 3 days ago.

If there's a wipe we can get set again pretty quick!

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, bearjew1101 said:

I hate to say it ..... but I agree . The game is plagued by so many game breaking issues right now. I’m hoping the next update will resolve them. 

But I just can’t see it. Especially with the new content being added only leaves me wondering , what’s going wrong next . I personally think 2020 will be the year when we have some semblance of a working game . 

I sincerely hope I’m wrong though. 

Maybe 2020 will get them out of beta. I seriously doubt it. 

• Haha 1