Anyeurysm

BI, we need to have a talk... (Duping)

Finding this has literally sucked the life right out this game for me.

Can we have some communication other than "duping is a known issue"...

A roadmap perhaps?

Concrete answer on player locked or private servers maybe?

Maybe start banning known dupers? You guys gotta have access to server metadata and be able to see anomalies in loot concentration and what players are interacting with that loot right?

This game is going to die very quickly if this continues much longer.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

55 minutes ago, Anyeurysm said:

Well what would you want to hear about ? if they are working on it ? If it's going to be fixed soon ? If they don't say a single word it's maybe because they don't know when it's going to be fixed... The issue can be harder to fix than you think ^^'

A roadmap perhaps?

As they said a couple of days ago... No roadmap planned. They want to release what they are confortable with and not because the roadmap say "Q2 - ragdolls" for example

What do you want to know ? There is a issue, they are working on it. They can't give a date because they don't have one. And even if they have a date they won't gave it. It's a safer solution for them.

Maybe start banning known dupers? You guys gotta have access to server metadata and be able to see anomalies in loot concentration and what players are interacting with that loot right?

As you know, dupe is also a issue on PC but we have our own servers and the tools from dayz tools. We can't track those anomalies without a hand made tool. However they maybe have a tool for the official servers.
Finaly, banning dupers is not a good solution. You ban one, two new dupers arrive. And it's not a good thing for the game in the long term.

Don't worry it's not going to kill the game. If we still have ppl playing this game after 5 years of bugs, crash, glitchs, dupes and cheats. It's not one new issue that going to kill this game x)

1 hour ago, Anyeurysm said:

A roadmap perhaps?

Welcome to the most authentic and exquisite DayZ experience, something we PC-users been having for years and years. You'll only find it right here, at Boheamia Interactive.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Anyeurysm said:

A roadmap perhaps?

Jeeeez.. 

Yeah findings like this are a sad thing, especially since duping been around for months. 

BI are working hard on yet another car with even worse physics, soon to be released together with a new cowboy hat, so they don’t have time for these little problems. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

As you know, dupe is also a issue on PC but we have our own servers and the tools from dayz tools. 

We don't.

Finaly, banning dupers is not a good solution. You ban one, two new dupers arrive. And it's not a good thing for the game in the long term.

Yes, it is. That's the stupidest thing I've heard on a long time. Ban one and others will get scared of being banned too.

Don't worry it's not going to kill the game. If we still have ppl playing this game after 5 years of bugs, crash, glitchs, dupes and cheats. It's not one new issue that going to kill this game x)

This isn't PC. We don't have the servers you have to keep people playing. PC public lobbies are a ghost town lol.

3 hours ago, bent.toe said:

Jeeeez.. 

Yeah findings like this are a sad thing, especially since duping been around for months. 

BI are working hard on yet another car with even worse physics, soon to be released together with a new cowboy hat, so they don’t have time for these little problems. 

And let's not forget the can of peaches that needed a new look lol.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bent.toe said:

Jeeeez.. 

I'd imagine the people who work on the cars aren't the same people who work on the bugs, regardless adding more stuff just means more bugs and the ratio between adding things & fixing seems unhealthy to say the least. I suppose they might be waiting to truly fix the bugs once they finish with the content, but this game should of had the content their adding later, already in 1.0 and they should have focused on making the game bug free from there.

Edited by Robzom11

10 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

Well what would you want to hear about ? if they are working on it ? If it's going to be fixed soon ? If they don't say a single word it's maybe because they don't know when it's going to be fixed... The issue can be harder to fix than you think ^^'

That is 100% not true, have you not read all of the posts (I've seen the first 20) where people claim that they or their friend "who knows a lot about computers" would be able to fix it over the weekend (single handedly even!) as they have been better games themselves (funny enough they never want to write the name of those games, but they must be _really_ good!).

Unfortunately BI does not want to pay them to do it and has not replied to them on the forum - that is why the game is still buggy, not because its difficult to make quick-fixes to the core-elements in a huge game where small changes usually makes ripples that affects other areas of the game.

Quite simple! 😛

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

Locked servers would stop it.  It actually IS that simple.

16 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

As you know, dupe is also a issue on PC but we have our own servers and the tools from dayz tools. We can't track those anomalies without a hand made tool. However they maybe have a tool for the official servers.

What's not good for the game in the long term is cheaters being allowed to continue to cheat.  I really, truly, couldn't give a rat's ass if dupers get banned and it pisses them off. 

10 hours ago, Esmy said:

We don't.

We do have duppers on PC and even if the tools provided don't help a lot we can at least install admin tools and external softwares to track anomalies. But on Xbox.... It's another story...

18 minutes ago, Stagman70 said:

Locked servers would stop it.  It actually IS that simple.

You can also dupe without leaving the server of by server hopping. Sorry but as I as said, it's not that simple as you may think. And even by locking servers, players could still dupe. If it was that simple, we won't be there talking about it.

Edited by Lt.Master

3 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

You can also dupe without leaving the server of by server hopping

How can you server hop if your existing character is bound to the server you're on?

3 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

How can you server hop if your existing character is bound to the server you're on?

Sorry my bad, that was not what I meant.

You can dupe by server hopping but also just by relogging on the same server. You can dupe your stuff on the same server and even manage to wear a infinite amount of backpacks on your back.

Edited by Lt.Master
typo

11 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

Sorry my bad, that was not what I meant.

You can dupe by server hopping but also just by relogging on the same server. You can dupe your stuff on the same server and even manage to wear a infinite amount of backpacks on your back.

And you know all this by.... 

Scares me how many people are duping and how many knows exactly how to do it, in what order and with what gear. 

Me and my friends managed to server hop back in the day. That was about as "glitchy" we could be. 

1 hour ago, bent.toe said:

And you know all this by.... 

Scares me how many people are duping and how many knows exactly how to do it, in what order and with what gear. 

Me and my friends managed to server hop back in the day. That was about as "glitchy" we could be. 

A friend discovered a way to dupe pretty much everything by mistake. I don't know if it's known by the dev team or by anyone else. All I know is how it works and why it's happening. It's a very overpowered dupe to be honest, you can have a carrying capacity of a car tent while you have a school bag visible on your back... Or 4 Carrier Vest if you want to... Yeah you can dupe everything on your hand or on you....

4 minutes ago, Lt.Master said:

A friend discovered a way to dupe pretty much everything by mistake. I don't know if it's known by the dev team or by anyone else. All I know is how it works and why it's happening. It's a very overpowered dupe to be honest, you can have a carrying capacity of a car tent while you have a school bag visible on your back... Or 4 Carrier Vest if you want to... Yeah you can dupe everything on your hand or on you....

Have you sent BI or @ImpulZ a PM with the details of this exploit so that it could be included in the list of possible dupe fixes if they don't already know about this?

3 minutes ago, FearFokkol said:

Have you sent BI or @ImpulZ a PM with the details of this exploit so that it could be included in the list of possible dupe fixes if they don't already know about this?

We were looking to report the dupe a couple of weeks ago but we've got lazy. I've just asked to my friend if he still have the videos and if he sent a report ticket since.

• Like 1

There's lots of duper pages on Facebook. I joined some to try find where dupers are so I can wipe them out.

The number of dupers is astonishing and so is their level of organisation

Going to start posting gamertag here with screenshots as proof. Can they get xbox live banned for this?

On 5/26/2019 at 8:18 PM, Lt.Master said:

You can dupe by just by relogging on the same server. You can dupe your stuff on the same server and even manage to wear a infinite amount of backpacks on your back.

23 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

. It's a very overpowered dupe to be honest, you can have a carrying capacity of a car tent while you have a school bag visible on your back

23 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

We were looking to report the dupe a couple of weeks ago but we've got lazy.

a couple of weeks ago but we got lazy

pîty
                          might have helped BI a LITTLE BIT   "a couple of weeks ago"
                          & could have saved plenty of forum shouting about locked servers , for instance

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, awalsh47 said:

There's lots of duper pages on Facebook. I joined some to try find where dupers are so I can wipe them out.

The number of dupers is astonishing and so is their level of organisation

Going to start posting gamertag here with screenshots as proof. Can they get xbox live banned for this?

Yeah if you report the GT to Xbox live, I think they do gets banned for game exploits as that's on of the criteria to choose from, but don't know for how long they are banned though. possibly only a week?

I had a friend banned from playing Forza 4 online for 27 years! It was a paint job on the car which I won't attempt to describe. But I thought the length of his ban was quite amusing. 

Tbh this duper base is still small.

At Tissy MB - there was a massive one on NL4026

Completely full with basically everything you can imagine.

Lets hope they can deal with it soon.

• Sad 1

Whilst idiots like Venemie are in the game and producing those lame youtube videos then duping will remain for a while. Dupers tend to be the ones that can't really play the game properly from my experience. They would probably be the first to combat log in a fire fight. Always baffles me what enjoyment dupers get from a game when they effectively take the game play out. There are better shoot 'em ups than DAYZ around but I suppose they are about as good on them as DAYZ so stay here to dupe. The sooner BI locks these servers down or gives us community servers the better.....

I don't think most of them really understand that playing the game properly gives infinitely much more enjoyment.....

• Like 1