ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.02.151010

1 hour ago, krazikilla said:

@DEVS:

wouldnt it be easy for you tweak some values?

1. increase Fence and Tower healthpoints by 15x or even 20x    (so it doesnt allow a bambi to break in within 1minute, but rather at least 10-20min, with some tool repairing needed,..)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/252490/Rust/

Here you go.  Now you have a game where you can spend 20 minutes chopping at a wooden door with 30 axes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, gorvi said:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/252490/Rust/

Here you go.  Now you have a game where you can spend 20 minutes chopping at a wooden door with 30 axes.

Exaggerating is one option to try to bring a discussion into a nonsense level when one does not have any valid arguments.  Good job on that.

Just now, krazikilla said:

Exaggerating is one option to try to bring a discussion into a nonsense level when one does not have any valid arguments.  Good job on that.

I have very valid arguments but now I'm sure they will fall on deaf ears.  A better use of my time in this situation is to just continue being a snarky prick.

Fixed: The player now dies properly from hypothermia, preventing client errors and other issues 

Does this mean that the temperature and weather system is working ? I was getting soaking wet with Gorka top on …. So I was wondering what the story is.

22 minutes ago, krazikilla said:

I dont know if you are coming from fortnite or counterstrike or smth, but the bullet damage is still far away from anything realistic or at least "believable".

Well we can disagree.

I have 2600 hours since 0.61 came out in dayz, that's where I'm coming from. The bullet damage isn't realistic in the least, but I feel it's pretty balanced for the game right now. If you were going for realistic, a .22 shot in your leg whould likely break it and possibly make you bleed to death if it hit a major artery in the thigh, no matter how many rags you used. But it whouldn't be any fun.

I'm just not experiencing what you are describing since 1.0 came out, and certainly not in the experimental now. I feel the bullet damage is fine, but we need alot longer heal times as I mentioned in the last post.

1 minute ago, LoveAffair said:

Fixed: The player now dies properly from hypothermia, preventing client errors and other issues 

Does this mean that the temperature and weather system is working ? I was getting soaking wet with Gorka top on …. So I was wondering what the story is.

Temperature and weather system is somehow working now, they just forgot to also make the waterproof clothing working 😉

1 minute ago, krazikilla said:

Temperature and weather system is somehow working now, they just forgot to also make the waterproof clothing working 😉

Well that's no surprise... So its useless then and the whole server has to run indoors when it rains or they will die from freezing... Good thing those raincoats are littered all over the map. I'm sure they work as well as the heat packs.

7 minutes ago, TAMW said:

Well we can disagree.

I have 2600 hours since 0.61 came out in dayz, that's where I'm coming from. The bullet damage isn't realistic in the least, but I feel it's pretty balanced for the game right now. If you were going for realistic, a .22 shot in your leg whould likely break it and possibly make you bleed to death if it hit a major artery in the thigh, no matter how many rags you used. But it whouldn't be any fun.

I'm just not experiencing what you are describing since 1.0 came out, and certainly not in the experimental now. I feel the bullet damage is fine, but we need alot longer heal times as I mentioned in the last post.

So you say, as now its balanced, it was not balanced in for example 0.62?  What didnt you like about bullet damage in 0.62?   Didnt it feel good, that if you hit a sniper shot with a mosin on 400m that the dude actually, doesnt just run away, but fell down unconsious or dead?  Didnt it feal reasonable, that if you shoot some guy without armor in the chest 2-3 times with a 9mm that he went down or died?

What they did for now is to make the game more arcadish. Lot of people loving the ArmA and DayZ seris for a pretty realistic feel about weapon handling, shooting and so on. Where they since 0.63 moved away quite far from.  With 1.01 they came a bit closer to something reasonable again, but still far away from the old days(z)

Edited by krazikilla
  • Like 1

bullet damage not balanced, 7,62x54 no one shot in head . if head have tac helmeat 

Edited by hegra

50 minutes ago, krazikilla said:

What they did for now is to make the game more arcadish. Lot of people loving the ArmA and DayZ seris for a pretty realistic feel about weapon handling, shooting and so on. Where they since 0.63 moved away quite far from.  With 1.01 they came a bit closer to something reasonable again, but still far away from the old days(z) 

It is very precisely formulated that "Z" is not even close. The weapons are done, but the players prefer to beat the zombies with their fists or shovel, so that the shots do not attract the attention of KOS players. KOS players do not adhere to morality, and do not wish to make any talk of morality, considering that DeyZ is made for them, that the territory of DeyZ is designed to take a break from morality.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

@ImpulZ We are at 75% (34 votes) in favor of having this new artificial "personal night light" removed, with 11% (5 votes) wanting to keep it and 13% (6 votes) wanting it to be modified. Given, that according to this, the vast majority want it removed, will the dev-team revisit the issue before making a decision regarding the 1.02 update to stable?

For some people its still not light enough, this is a pic of a player I followed around Elektrozavodsk on DayZ DE 1-2 this evening. (about 2010 - 2020 CET). The player was running with a red flare50F1B8B5AD8A787A368174C483C2308EFBC6B280EAC322976859924C32DF054A9B21CB432F1048A0

The tree I was under (to me) looked like it was lit up like a christmas tree. . . .  I will get a pic of it next time . ..

Edited by aux7

It seems that with the new update we can't refill gas tank of cars anymore, same bug for olga and ada...

Honestly, just have players spawn with a flashlight w/ batteries or an extra flare temporarily while the team goes back to the drawing board for this night light thing.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

5 hours ago, krazikilla said:

@DEVS:

wouldnt it be easy for you tweak some values?

1. increase Fence and Tower healthpoints by 15x or even 20x    (so it doesnt allow a bambi to break in within 1minute, but rather at least 10-20min, with some tool repairing needed,..)

2. make a 4th digit at the codelock (3 digits you can bruteforce in less than 20min)

3. increase the time you need to wiggle free from ducttape by 4x  from handcuffs 10x

4. increase the damage values of all bullets by around 20%     -->

5. decrease health regeneration multiplieer by 50% for a start, it should take you longer to regain health.

6. increase inertness / weight by 20%  -  increase the minimum possible radius you can turn while sprinting by 30%  (against zigzagging)

7. decrease the ability to jump once you are below 50% health.  Only let jump once every max. 10 seconds when you are below 50% of health.

8. increase the damage which tools take when destroying a fence/tower  by 25%

9. decrease the possibility of zombies making you bleed and damaging your cloths by 40%

10. increase the height of default fences by 25% so two people cannot just jump over it by using the friend as ladder.

11. decrease the range of nightlights by 25% and the intensity by 40%  (if possible inside houses even more)

let me sum this up.  I'd I'm understanding correctly you are saying.  "im not good enough to shoot people who are moving... can u make it so they cant turn for me?  I cant shoot people who are jumping... they shouldnt be able to do that.  someone was able to boost someone over my fence as if it was a fence in real life.... this is rediculous my base should be invincible.  someone was able to break into my base by spending 20 mins spinning the lock.... make this impossible..... can I just have easy mode?

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1

4 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

let me sum this up.  I'd I'm understanding correctly you are saying.  "im not good enough to shoot people who are moving... can u make it so they cant turn for me?  I cant shoot people who are jumping... they shouldnt be able to do that.  someone was able to boost someone over my fence as if it was a fence in real life.... this is rediculous my base should be invincible.  someone was able to break into my base by spending 20 mins spinning the lock.... make this impossible..... can I just have easy mode?

Well we do have a nightlight now so it seems the devs are listening

to the wrong people

• Thanks 3
  • Beans 1

8 hours ago, TAMW said:

Can you guys please keep the useless banter out of these threads, keep it to reporting bugs and giving feedback.

I also notice some of you being kind of disrespectful towards the devs in these threads, this is not the right attitude if we want to get stuff right for the game.

Sorry @TAMW, but being lied to, treated like suckers, and ignored has made a few folks around here a tad cynical....

...oh.....and good job...with the scolding.... That's really going to bring us all together to sing songs around the campfire, my man...

The Dev team deserves all the criticism and vitriol they get...just as they should be awarded our appreciation and respect for the things they do well.

These Forums are merely a way of finding your voice in these regards and you have no right to tell ANYONE what to say. Ultimately this is a product, being sold for a profit. This is not a group hug...nor should it be.

If all "we" can do is gripe and complain about issues "we" feel are not bringing us the value we anticipated through our purchase then this is the place to do it.

I have two copies of the game...and have been here for many (5) years....and I ALSO have had my fair share of pats on the backs and kicks in the asses for the Dev Team...and you know what? It has given me a sense that I am personally invested in the ultimate success of this title.

I would have walked away had I NOT had the occasional hissy fit.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

5 hours ago, aux7 said:

For some people its still not light enough, this is a pic of a player I followed around Elektrozavodsk on DayZ DE 1-2 this evening. (about 2010 - 2020 CET). The player was running with a red flare50F1B8B5AD8A787A368174C483C2308EFBC6B280EAC322976859924C32DF054A9B21CB432F1048A0

The tree I was under (to me) looked like it was lit up like a christmas tree. . . .  I will get a pic of it next time . ..

Yeah, I would substitute those images with some that better resemble the issue. In these pictures you are always looking at things far away, in which you can't see any effect of the "personal night light", as that obviously functions with a "bubble" around you. So these shots wouldn't look any different, if they were shot with the previous night time we had, by the time that artificial lighting wasn't in yet.

25 minutes ago, philbur said:

Sorry @TAMW, but being lied to, treated like suckers, and ignored has made a few folks around here a tad cynical....

...oh.....and good job...with the scolding.... That's really going to bring us all together to sing songs around the campfire, my man...

The Dev team deserves all the criticism and vitriol they get...just as they should be awarded our appreciation and respect for the things they do well.

These Forums are merely a way of finding your voice in these regards and you have no right to tell ANYONE what to say. Ultimately this is a product, being sold for a profit. This is not a group hug...nor should it be.

If all "we" can do is gripe and complain about issues "we" feel are not bringing us the value we anticipated through our purchase then this is the place to do it.

I have two copies of the game...and have been here for many (5) years....and I ALSO have had my fair share of pats on the backs and kicks in the asses for the Dev Team...and you know what? It has given me a sense that I am personally invested in the ultimate success of this title.

I would have walked away had I NOT had the occasional hissy fit.

Cheers!

Well spoken, sir!

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Golly! Here we go again. The good old "you want inertia, you is just bad at peng peng"-discussion. Now first off, I'm with you when it comes to the fence climbing, it should be possible (as in real life) and there should also be a natural way to hinder from it or make it harder (as in real life) such as barbed wire. Involuntarily implementing an aggression maneuver such as the climbing ("involuntarily", because it's not a team vault move in design) without having a defensive strategy (barbed wire as in my example) isn't good.

Now to the intertia I can just say, if you want DayZ to be more interesting then you want to encourage interaction and one very common type of this interaction is holding people up/robbing. Now this can be done of course but comes with too high and more importantly unrealistic risk. If somebody catches you off-guard and has you at gun point in the open, I bet you wouldn't think for a second about running away into the open, trusting you'd be able to dodge and weave all those shots. No, you would be very inclined to comply. So there's usually some thought behind it, thus making it simple and calling people who are in favor of it, just being bad at aiming, is nowhere near striking the core of the issue.

Now for the combination lock. 3 digits makes for 10x10x10 possible combinations, meaning there is 1000. Just like a real combination lock, you can just set the first one to "0", the second to "0" and the go with the third "0-9". You don't even have to stop between each turn, you just hold Mouse1 and count with the circles until you reach "0" again. Then you move the second to "1" and go again. Using this very simple method you can crack ANY combination lock that has only 3 digits within a maximum of 10 minutes(!). Try it yourself! So yeah, turns out there is a reason they don't make these in reality. Add only one more digit and you are at 10000 possible combinations, which would also multiply the maximum amount of time it might take by 10, so roughly an hour and 40 minutes. Soooooo to conclude on this, I believe ~100 minutes would be a fair balance if someone really wants to get in and risk being exposed to the owners should they log in or what not. However cracking the locks shouldn't really be the way to break in by design, but rather breaking some of the protection with rare explosives or things of that nature.

I'm not even going to touch on the jumping unless you really want me to, as it seems so obvious to me, that you wouldn't want that.

Edited by 0.64 Freerider
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, kudrosh said:

Can you please make spark plugs and car bateries more common ? Ive been looting Severograd, Novodmitrovsk, Svetrojarsk and Krasnostav and i wasnt able to find any spark plugs. I  looted every garage, shed, industrial building + train wagons but i wasnt able to find any spark plug and only 1 car batery. After like 4 hours i found the spark plug in someones stash so please fix it.

I've been finding a reasonable amount of them spawning on the exp branch. However, overall player behavior is noticeably different on exp as opposed to stable in a few key ways. Any loot tweaks need to take that into account, as what may be good on exp may not be good on stable, and vice versa.  For example, on exp, spark plugs are likely going to be used primarily with cars. On the stable branch, especially on community servers with bases, there will be people using them for generators as well as cars. 

That said, once this goes to stable, increasing the spawn chances of spark plugs might be worth tweaking a bit during maintenance after a week on official servers (as admins on community servers are free to tweak those values as they see fit anytime). The demand will certainly be higher on all servers, with the new car added into the mix. 

7 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Holy mofo,

never someone intepreted my suggestions so wrong as you.

I am literally in all of my points asking for more realism and you accuse me of wanting to have an easy mode? xD

Have you ever seen someone  can do a almost 180 degree turn while sprinting without losing any speed??

Have you ever seen someone getting shot up so he can’t run anymore, Bunnyhop! away because its faster???

Would you really build a base with a wooden fence in reallife which is small enough that 2 people can easily climb it?? (Even most woodlogs are naturally higher?)

On top of that, almost noone is building bases right now, because a bambi can break in within 1 minute, two bambis can jump in within 10seconds and if someone wants to not just loot, but overtake your base and all the loot you built up and collected for several days, they need 10-20min to bruteforce your codelock.

Why the fuck you think almost all codelocks in reallife have 4 digits??

True, so people cannot steal your bike within 10minutes.

Right now, in all possible ways in vanilla its better to hide your loot in some seachests or barrels, instead of investing hours to build a base and therefor be spotted easier and tell everyone where your loot is.  They anyway will get in within a minute.

Why you think i suggest the nightlight to be lowered? Because i want an easy mode?? (They should remove it, but i doubt they will as too many ppl will cry that night is too dark).

And btw. maybe think about all my suggestions the other way?

maybe i found it too easy to outrun/ zigzag away from 2 guys armed with automatic rifles?

maybe i managed to junp away from a guy who hit me 4 times?

maybe i found a full base and just bruteforced their codelock too easy?

Damn.

• Beans 1

12 hours ago, TAMW said:

4. I think bullet damage is fine right now, I have never seen anyone not atleast go uncon from 5 hits of 9mm rounds center mass, I often kill with less. In any case, we cannot increase by 20% of all bullets, thats insane. I say leave this as it is.

Did you see the video? He shot him straight in the head and he survived. In the fucking head. Don't tell me that tells you "bullet damage is fine".

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

5 hours ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

Yeah, I would substitute those images with some that better resemble the issue. In these pictures you are always looking at things far away, in which you can't see any effect of the "personal night light", as that obviously functions with a "bubble" around you. So these shots wouldn't look any different, if they were shot with the previous night time we had, by the time that artificial lighting wasn't in yet.

Sure, I will get a picture of the christmas tree tonight. .  . I was just trying to point out that this guy still needed the flare . . . to be honest, he wasnt the only one I saw using flares . . . but they all went off inland. The night was different to usual, there was a longer twilight and morning seemed to come earlier than usual. It wasnt so pitch black. And the moon seemed huge as it rose.

36 minutes ago, MarczXD320 said:

The 1.02 update is going to bring back hypothermia into the game ? 

If they have changed the hypothermia model, I dont know but I didnt really notice any difference in the cold. I had my usual swim, you could say I got colder quicker (the temperature went blue quicker) but that was about it. It rained a couple of times but I managed to keep warmish . . .