ImpulZ

Experimental Update 0.63.149840

Hello Survivors,

we are coming closer to our 1.0 date and as you probably can imagine we are finalising the build. This one is going to include a completely new server browser, so please test what you can and report all the bugs!

Please verify your game files before playing the new update, and report all bugs you encounter!

Keep in mind that Experimental updates are not available for server files or modding tools yet. Those will be updated with the Stable release of the patch.

Patchnotes

ADDED

• Added: New server browser
  • Added: Localization to Launcher
  • Added: Field shovel, farming hoe and ice axe can now be used to dig a garden plot

FIXED

• Fixed: Client/server crashes
  • Fixed: Client/server errors related to in-game actions
  • Fixed: VoN not working when 3 or more people talking
  • Fixed: Infected are having trouble navigating stairs
  • Fixed: Player can make level_3_wall_3 parts on Watchtower disappear
  • Fixed: CPR with barrel in hands causes characters hand to glitch
  • Fixed: It is possible to ruin watchtower/fence with single shot
  • Fixed: Power generator looks and sounds on even if its switched off
  • Fixed: Hidden stash can be visible in vicinity
  • Fixed: Strange facial animations that sometimes happen in vehicles
  • Fixed: Issues with planting seeds
  • Fixed: Bottles and canteens can be filled with fuel

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Weather
  • Tweaked: Damage system
  • Tweaked: Some item sizes

KNOWN ISSUES

• Server crashes can cause a persistence wipe. So especially for server owners, try to work with regular persistence backups and if you encounter server crashes, report with your crash dumps to our Feedback Tracker. If you have any proven reproduction steps for persistence wipes, let us know. The team is working on a long-term solution, which unfortunately will take some time.
  • Clothes cannot be taken off restrained/unconscious characters.
  • This update causes a server wipe (characters should not be affected).

Notes

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 7

Thanks for the update, looks like a good one!

Just hope that server crash causes persistence wipe issue gets worked out soon... only few more days go to. Good luck devs!  Going to test this asap!

Edited by kozzy420
  • Beans 1

1 minute ago, kozzy420 said:

Thanks for the update, looks like a good one!

Just hope that server crash causes persistence wipe issue gets worked out soon... only few more days go to. Good luck devs

That won't be fixed for 1.0....

Guess all those coming back for 1.0 will leave after a week when their base is gone then. 

It can be "fixed" by server hosts  by backing upp the data regularly and reload the backup on crashes, but that's up to individual servers.  

• Sad 3
  • Beans 3

3 minutes ago, LuckyHunter48 said:

Hmmm... "Hiden stash"... What is that, and how to make it ?

Some containers can be buried if you have a shovel.

• Beans 1

Just now, dallebull said:

It can be "fixed" by server hosts  by backing upp the data regularly and reload the backup on crashes, but that's up to individual servers.  

I don't understand why persistence backup and restoration is not baseline for the server files. Should not be up to server owners to create, or?

• Like 1

maybe they should take base building off if its not working properly...i can allready see frustrading people,after looting for hours and everything is gone

• Sad 1
  • Beans 2

10 minutes ago, dallebull said:

Guess all those coming back for 1.0 will leave after a week when their base is gone then. 

The issue with regular backups and restores is the work involved  sure there is a batch file someone made (that takes a lot of work to get useable for most people), but besides that it's not a simple process to backup and restore the server. It's actually a step that should not be necessary.

Same with mods, the server should have a way to update the mods it is running, but that has been overlooked badly too.

As a server owner myself, I know that my players are off on other games waiting for 1.0 expecting miracles. Sadly I think this issue not being fixed in 1.0 will have most of them uninstalling.

As for reproducing the bug bohemia it's as as pie. Turn the server off with the x button (considering you haven't given a #restart command), this simulates both a crash and incorrect shutdown. If you do it just as it's cycling or saving your data is corrupted and stuff is lost. It's really not rocket science to reproduce the issue.

Edited by Aussie Cleetus
  • Beans 1

14 minutes ago, LuckyHunter48 said:

Hmmm... "Hiden stash"... What is that, and how to make it ?

2 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

maybe they should take base building off if its not working properly...i can allready see frustrading people,after looting for hours and everything is gone

Base building works for me 

BIS, seriously.

Releasing a 1.0 in this state is not a joke anymore. This. Is. MADNESS! Not only, did you cut a lot of features and contents, no, there are also still loads of gamebreaking bugs in it.  (not mentioning smaller bugs)

This will be a PR desaster.  You know it and still go for it.. Why?

- Persistence not working in 1.0

- Zombies spawning right next to you  (less than 3 meters!)

- Sicknesses (Coughing, Sneezing), NOT curable

- coughing and sneezing all 5 seconds, instead of for example all 2 minutes.

- Cars still jumpy and buggy as hell

- Handsup animation "F5" completly bugged, you get stuck when you press F5

- getting handcuffed while beeing in F2 animation will completly break your character. You have to reconnect AND THEREFOR DIE, to fix the glitched animation.

- bugged sun glare in the middle of the screen - occasionally. only a restart of game can fix it.

- you cannot refuel a car with bottles and canteens. Only jerrycan is working.

Edited by krazikilla
  • Beans 5

15 minutes ago, dallebull said:

Interesting, the stable server me and my friends have been on persistence has worked great, over 3 weeks we have 9 medium tents, some base building, a vehicle (which we have had before the base and tents), Vehicle tent and 7 barrels, everything is still there. The server does go down for some pretty long periods though, but that must be helping with the persistence working. I hope they get persistence working on all servers asap and not just ones that server owners backup often. I love the game and the new engine, had a blast the last 3-4 weeks,etc.. but if persistence isn't working on most servers, this is not good, the average person will leave right away if all there stuff is gone. Looks like I will be looking for another server that back up the data regularly.

Edited by kozzy420
  • Beans 1

17 minutes ago, dallebull said:

Their answer to THE BUGS THEY CREATED is for server owners to backup persistence in about 5 or 10 minute intervals.  I guarantee you they are not doing that on public EXP or stable.  Plus the problem is AREA based not always server wide.  This is the dumbest answer to give to the community who pays for their own servers out of their own pockets.  It's like a mechanic telling you, you need to keep putting oil in your brand new car... we'll eventually get that oil leak fixed, but you keep spending money on putting oil in it while you drive it.

While this shit was Alpha... that was one thing, but NOW that it's being released.... this excuse doesn't work!  You are pissing in the face of your supporters and community.  

New players won't have a clue what the fuck is going on, other than this is a broke ass game that shouldn't have been released.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brother Hao said:

Going into the server browser crashes the game for me...

So far I have crashed 3 times trying to join servers on the new server browser. It looks nice, but having issues joining servers atm.

• Beans 1

The new server browser got really slow while loading the complete server list. This happend after I changed some filter settings while it was refreshing. After 1000 loaded servers the sound started stuttering and the gui did not respond to mouse clicks.

I can reprodce it with the following filters set

• Ping: < 200
  • Battleye: Show
  • Passworded: Hide

The list starts to populate but slows down more and more and then the sounds starts cutting out.

I hate to be rude and sound like an echo chamber, but you cannot release a damm game that relies on persistence to give meaning to its gameplay and have that persistence crap out at just about any time.

You are making a very bad PR decision here. Server crashes are bound to happen due to the nature of the game and varying server hardware (Process hangs etc). 

Edited by Akarias303
  • Like 2

So pretty much prv servers with addition "with backup" on their name gonna be pretty much full 24/7 :D

I can't join any experimental server! Game crashes all the time when i'm trying to connect. Awful update!

Able to get onto a server now from the browser, seems smooth so far running around and getting loot. No crashes yet while in game, just in the browser earlier. Will play a bunch more today and see how it goes.

• Beans 1

About persistence / base building :

One of the only new feature is not worth doing ... You should really delay 1.0. Most people won't mind waiting after the holidays for somethings this major.

Edited by Mallette
  • Beans 4

Really recommend verifying the integrity of the local game cache. First it downloaded 240MB update for me. But after verifying it started to download 524.6MB update. No problems joining the servers. Other then it's nigth time everywhere. lol.

• Beans 1

15 minutes ago, Seitan said:

Really recommend verifying the integrity of the local game cache. First it downloaded 240MB update for me. But after verifying it started to download 524.6MB update. No problems joining the servers. Other then it's nigth time everywhere. lol.

yes...nighttime at every exp server...
cant they put some servers on exp at day and some at night...its pain to test things when you have to wait for an hour for daylight

testing pain
0D70ECCF7B2A6DBC53C780AD1EA36F142537C8E0

Edited by kopo79
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

OUKEJ, je tohle normální? :D vydat hru s nefunkční perzistenci? Však jste museli tušit že to nestihnete, tak proč jste to ohlašovali proboha??

• Like 1

Every time I keep saying to myself "can they surprise me even more?". Time and time again, you guys pull it off.

Sadly the release has been set and despite our best efforts the solution will not be ready by then.

"Dear survivors, we decided to postpone the release of DayZ/1.0 to a later stage. The reason for this is because the core gameplay loop is not optimal at the moment and still needs bugfixing, tweaking and balancing".

Oh my god, how did I do that? The date has suddenly been postponed, amazing! Now there are 3 very important keywords in my text "core gameplay loop". All the content and features have been cut because you guys wanted to release DayZ with its core gameplay loop in place and stable. A core gameplay loop without persistence, not to mention a shit ton of other stuff.

I don't understand it, seriously, I don't. You guys always stated that you love DayZ, even more than the community. I can hardly imagine that you guys can and will be happy with the release, but still you guys persist (no pun intended) in releasing the game. Despite the majority of the community telling you not to and even telling you guys "we don't care if we need to wait a little bit longer". It's actually kind of hilarious, we have been waiting for so long and now the community is asking for more time and now you guys don't listen.

I wonder if it's a joke... can someone point me where the camera's are?

• Like 1
  • Beans 11