ImpulZ

Experimental Update 0.63.149840

New server browser looks very good!

Sad to still see the melee bug in place.

EDIT: Also any word on when the character customization is fully implemented?

Edited by amadieus
  • Like 1

We get it, you did not have enough time to reimplement things. But event the current features do not work. No persistance = no release. >_<

• Beans 3

4 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Damage system

Does that mean, we have now moved from the "realistic" to the "casualized" damage system, as Mr. Nespesny has called them?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, IMT said:

Every time I keep saying to myself "can they surprise me even more?". Time and time again, you guys pull it off.

"Dear survivors, we decided to postpone the release of DayZ/1.0 to a later stage. The reason for this is because the core gameplay loop is not optimal at the moment and still needs bugfixing, tweaking and balancing".

Oh my god, how did I do that? The date has suddenly been postponed, amazing! Now there are 3 very important keywords in my text "core gameplay loop". All the content and features have been cut because you guys wanted to release DayZ with its core gameplay loop in place and stable. A core gameplay loop without persistence, not to mention a shit ton of other stuff.

I don't understand it, seriously, I don't. You guys always stated that you love DayZ, even more than the community. I can hardly imagine that you guys can and will be happy with the release, but still you guys persist (no pun intended) in releasing the game. Despite the majority of the community telling you not to and even telling you guys "we don't care if we need to wait a little bit longer". It's actually kind of hilarious, we have been waiting for so long and now the community is asking for more time and now you guys don't listen.

I wonder if it's a joke... can someone point me where the camera's are?

I'm absolutely with you, but I believe that this is not up to the developers. The people with the money and the power at BI, I assume, want to break DayZ's history of missing set deadlines. Appearently even if that means that the already barebones launch version will be buggy. I don't believe that Eugen Harton or Peter Nespesny want to release on December 13th. They are probably forced to do so. As I'm 101% convinced that they are behind the project with their hearts.

• Beans 3

2 hours ago, kopo79 said:

maybe they should take base building off if its not working properly...i can allready see frustrading people,after looting for hours and everything is gone

Especially In a so called full 1.0 game . People will ridicule and boycott dayz claiming it’s a scam especially due to the price going up in price ; when it’s really anything but a scam , it’s a great game being rushed to its own death .

mmmm....mmmm...om nom nom....raw chicken tastes good.(no effects when eating but only bacteria arrow up)
maybe im sounding like broken record but....you dont have to cook any animal fat,meat,guts.:(
so no need to make fires,find matches,cooking pots,tripods...

so...i guess 1.0 comes without these features.

edit:
OFC...im not sure if i have to wait that some stomach problems comes some time after when eating raw animal meat but i dont wanna spend my time tetsing things,when devs just can reply in this thread that...
there is no diseases...
and afwul fog everywhere with rain and sunshine.
also,invisible chicken i encountered.

Edited by kopo79
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2

Cheers. Happy holidays. 

Cry babies... cry babies everywhere....

Fellas, if you are so fed up about DayZ and it's development, leave. A lot of you are saying that you "love" the game, but it sounds like the other side of the medal, you really seem to "hate" it.

Bye! Have a wonderful time!

• Sad 1
  • Beans 2

23 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Cheers. Happy holidays. 

Fellas, if you are so fed up about DayZ and it's development, leave. A lot of you are saying that you "love" the game, but it sounds like the other side of the medal, you really seem to "hate" it.

What an utterly stupid statement.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, freerider3434 said:

What an utterly stupid statement.

Another one...

• Haha 2
  • Beans 1

25 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Cheers. Happy holidays. 

We DO love the game, that's why we don't want it released with core features missing. 

We want more players, and a many have waited for 1.0, do you think this broken mess will make them come back? 

Are you aware of the stats?

https://steamcharts.com/app/221100

I understand that the decision to go 1.0 probably comes from higher up since the coders don't care if they work on .64 or 1.01.  But as this rate we have a new "No Mans Sky" on thursday, sure it will get fixed but a bad relase is worse than one more delay after 5 years. 

• Beans 2

Few observations so far. Didn't have any issues with the new server browser. I didn't see any stutter or slow downs. Took about 10 secs to show 2431 servers in the community tab. 

The new inventory space for items is pretty "squared up" but seem to carry more than before for some clothing. Making casual civilian clothing more viable on the long term, which is good.

The cargo pants and AKM mag have textures problems though. If the mag isn't attached to the weapon it's ok, but the textures are all messed up when attached.

2rhy0qo.jpg

ali1hl.jpg

2j64u1z.jpg

30 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Cheers. Happy holidays. 

If you cared about the game and the community, you would understand that with persistence broken, one of the end game features doesn't work; therefore, the core game loop is broken which is the reason they cut so much shit out of the game to make the core loop stable and playable... they have thus failed, and are endangering the game to become total MUD in the eyes of the general public including potential new monies from XBOX and PS4.  Yes, we want it to succeed AND bring players back... without players DayZ is as dead as the janky AI "infected" the game shows the public.  We want persistence to work so community servers work properly.  You should want persistence to work so even public stable servers work properly.

• Beans 2

1 minute ago, dallebull said:

I understand that the decision to go 1.0 probably comes from higher up since the coders don't care if they work on .64 or 1.01.  But as this rate we have a new "No Mans Sky" on thursday, sure it will get fixed but a bad relase is worse than one more delay after 5 years. 

it caught my eye when they in twitter said:
Sadly the release has been set and despite our best efforts the solution will not be ready by then"
 when you read that sentence...i think that it is obvious where this release 1.0 in this state comes

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

2 minutes ago, dallebull said:

We DO love the game, that's why we don't want it released with core features missing. 

We want more players, and a many have waited for 1.0, do you think this broken mess will make them come back? 

Are you aware of the stats?

https://steamcharts.com/app/221100

Why? Why does the "release" is so important to you? Why do you want more players to come NOW? I played DayZ since the very beginning, and had my share of fun. If there's more players getting interested in the game and getting it, good for them, but right now as of December 10th 2018, it's not gonna change one single thing for DayZ. The way the process went, people have already set their minds that DayZ is nothing but trash. If some of them change their mind, like so many No Man Sky players who totally trashed the game when it was release, and are now praising it and playing the game. 

I've been here for too long to think that 1.0 is gonna change anything. I enjoy DayZ. That's it. 

Now back on topic fellas. Not the release, but EXPERIMENTAL 0.63.149840 discussion.

• Beans 2

For people who are not server owners or don't have communities, let me explain why many server owners are pissed with this release and why it matters.  Many of us have sat through thick and thin with this game, we have to work to get people within our communities that want to play DayZ.  I know I have to work DAMN hard to get people to play.  We hold events every Saturday night, we advertise, we spread worth of mouth, we do all kinds of shit to get DayZ plaeyrs on our server.  Many, MANY others do the same.  It's tough, but we can't get anyone to play on our servers now because persistence is broken, base wipes rule the day.  Who in the hell wants to play and get to the end game only to have your shit disappear by stupid bugs?  Prior to the wipes I felt good having 10 to 15 people on my server daily at most hours, base building brought a nice surge, then it tapered quickly, now there's barely 3 of us on at anytime.  This past Saturday, our PvP hot Zone did not have one single person come because we didn't have enough random people come to the server.... most private servers other than the 3 most popular were in the same boat.

I expect this Saturday we will have a ton of people  (FREE DAYZ WEEKEND) and yes, we intend to do all kinds of special activities to help new people into the game, but without persistence working correctly, they won't stick around, they will quit the game, and within a couple of weeks we're back with a player peak of 6,000 or less.  It cost money to keep these servers up, not to mention time... what's the point if one of the core features of the game is broke as fuck and players get pissed off and leave?  I mean really, what is the point?  Since it's a free weekend, who is going to buy this game with one of the core features broke?  Why would they?  This is not early access anymore.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 4

- game is unplayable at night. You cant see anything. Its not even funny.

- when u are sick You cant get healthy. Its not even funny.

- new server list just crash my game so all i can do is press PLAY then game crash most of the times anyway.

I don't know what to say, what a massive headfuck. Ever been so sick of being negative that you dont even care to be negative anymore? Yeah, I'm there. All I will say is thanks to all the people/players no matter what their views on this whole process has/have been for being here for all these years watching/waiting/playing whatever, a true fanbase. Don't let anyone tell you that being negative towards something that you're passionate about does not make you a fan of the game, fuck them views, fuck all the views, we are all fans.. it's only natural that some are more happy/content than others.

It's been a ride for sure. I'd like to thank Rocket.. Top, top man.

• Beans 1

- Rain drainage sounds are too loud at certain distance (and i mean HEADSETDESTROYINGLOUD)

- I had a MP5 with a non removable mag from previous version, still wont come off, though i can chamber single shots directly into the gun.

- Hit detection still abyssmal. Had an encounter where i autofired half a M4 Magazine into a sitting player 3m in front of me. No blood splash, bullets went trough. He shot at me, i run away, pull out my AKM, shot at him, he doesnt care, zombies hit me, i retreat he fights with zombies, i switch to M4 again and finally put him down with two single shots.

- Patrol pants on player are invisible.

- Head torch is still facing wrong direction.

btw, verified game twice after download.

- And you still can glitch through the ground and make other buildings disappear and see players in it alá having a wallhack built in right into the game. ([Feedbacktracker: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T132474]

Edited by qsek_

3 hours ago, Brother Hao said:

Going into the server browser crashes the game for me...

Browser, not launcher *facepalm*

43 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

For people who are not server owners or don't have communities, let me explain why many server owners are pissed with this release and why it matters.  Many of us have sat through thick and thin with this game, we have to work to get people within our communities that want to play DayZ.  I know I have to work DAMN hard to get people to play.  We hold events every Saturday night, we advertise, we spread worth of mouth, we do all kinds of shit to get DayZ plaeyrs on our server.  Many, MANY others do the same.  It's tough, but we can't get anyone to play on our servers now because persistence is broken, base wipes rule the day.  Who in the hell wants to play and get to the end game only to have your shit disappear by stupid bugs?  Prior to the wipes I felt good having 10 to 15 people on my server daily at most hours, base building brought a nice surge, then it tapered quickly, now there's barely 3 of us on at anytime.  This past Saturday, our PvP hot Zone did not have one single person come because we didn't have enough random people come to the server.... most private servers other than the 3 most popular were in the same boat.

I expect this Saturday we will have a ton of people  (FREE DAYZ WEEKEND) and yes, we intend to do all kinds of special activities to help new people into the game, but without persistence working correctly, they won't stick around, they will quit the game, and within a couple of weeks we're back with a player peak of 6,000 or less.  It cost money to keep these servers up, not to mention time... what's the point if one of the core features of the game is broke as fuck and players get pissed off and leave?  I mean really, what is the point?  Since it's a free weekend, who is going to buy this game with one of the core features broke?  Why would they?  This is not early access anymore.

That's their own problem for renting servers for an early access alpha game that was and has been full of bugs.  No one held a gun to their heads and said, "Rent our servers"  The onus is on the server renters.  Not BI

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Ok so yeah Dayz was 

RELEASE DATE:

17 Dec, 2013 

Not the 13th for beta 1.0 release

I am more than happy for them too postpone the release of beta at least until they can sort out the persistence issue for one I don't really see the point when you have to keep loop looting and building and finding 4x4 parts? When they are just going to disappear on the next restart. Please Dev's I suggest you wait before releasing the Beta version, players will be more understanding and you wont be wasting there time and efforts. Cheers:)

• Beans 1

So sad... 1.0 fast push just because of console and MONEY!!
I loved this game, but this concern is making me sick.

C'mon do release Vigor (DayZ 2.0?) instead of completing this game...
Instead of putting a new team to a "dayz remake" you should put some
more resources into THIS game.
You'v got so much money because of early-acces sale... just dont fuck
around - and keep it going and deliver what we paied for?!

Edited by K3l3g
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jpetrillo said:

My reports are not showing up on the feedback website.

Same here .. not since nov 27 was my last visible post

1 hour ago, Guy Smiley said:

That's their own problem for renting servers for an early access alpha game that was and has been full of bugs.  No one held a gun to their heads and said, "Rent our servers"  The onus is on the server renters.  Not BI

Only BI just told us their core game loop (specifically persistence) won't be working with release of 1.0   Who's problem is that?

• Like 1