ImpulZ

Experimental Update 0.63.149840

1 minute ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Only BI just told us their core game loop (specifically persistence) won't be working with release of 1.0   Who's problem is that?

Yours and anyone dumb enough to continue to rent servers for an unfinished game

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Guy Smiley said:

I see someone here hasn't taken their meds in a  few days.  Good luck.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 2

Just now, THEGordonFreeman said:

I see someone here hasn't taken their meds in a  few days.  Good luck.

So you feel the need to insult someone because you're having a hissy fit over something that you can control by not renting a server?  Again, the game is releasing from early access does not equate to a full finished game so you and anyone who rents servers are the only ones to blame for not fully understanding this

• Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

So, on Dec 13th, *then* they can complain?

• Beans 1

Just now, Rammit (DayZ) said:

So, on Dec 13th, *then* they can complain?

Who says the game is finished?  BI didn't state that only people making shit up are stating that.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Who says the game is finished?  BI didn't state that only people making shit up are stating that.

You are reaching, sorry. 

DayZ "launches on PC on December 13th". 

Yeah, it's not "finished" in the sense that they will continue to patch and improve (like pretty much every other game), but pretending like this isn't a "release" event, is either naive or disingenuous. You can re-define 1.0 and "launch" all you like if it suits you, but the point some are making is 1.0 has a very clear meaning to the general public. The formal reviews open with the release of 1.0 and the game will be judged with its first impression and official reviews based on its state beginning December 13th.

I'm sure they will get it hammered out eventually, but not everyone is a dick-rider who has followed the game for years and will defend any and every choice made or state of the game. Whether you agree or disagree, the game is a release-grade product come December 13th, and it will be judged as such by reviewers and the general public. That is fact. And, those early impressions and reviews (e.g. does the most basic functionality of the game work?) will have a large influence on future sales. As a supporter of the game (and, huge supporter of the very tough decision they made to finally make a new engine for BI to build games on in the future) I am aware of this fact. I'm sure the devs are aware of this fact. The person who made the decision to force a 1.0 release date is aware of this fact. You may not be, but that doesn't change reality. I would hope that dayZ is presented in (at least) a serviceable light, with a foundational feature like persistence working. Yours, or my, rose colored glasses are not the lens through which this game will be viewed after Dec. 13th. 

It won't be in Alpha. it's leaving Beta, and entering a 1.0 launch. How can you define that as anything other than what it is intended to mean? A release-grade product. Oh... It must be a "Charlie" release....

Edited by Rammit (DayZ)
  • Like 3

Deleting the DayZ folder in My Documents helps against the crashes for a while. The patch itself was smooth, but there are some new sound bugs. The indoor muting of ambient sounds tends to stick even when you're outside and the flare lost its sound again. Also, I literally nearly soiled my pants when the drains on a house suddenly started roaring with water - without any rain. New sound effect I think, but would fit better when it rains and the volume needs tweaking.

Had no other issues. But yeah, it IS buggy still, and it is completely absurd how whoever took the decision to force this release can think the devs are going to have an acceptable 1.0 ready by thursday. It is simply impossible, even with inhuman crush and a team thrice the size.

We've had weeks of rushed experimental patches breaking more things than they fix, still no V3S, they admit they can't fix persistence in time... and 1.0 in two days. Doesn't make sense. Who holds the whip?

It is so stupid, without this stubborn (and potentially damaging) deadline DayZ would currently be in a great place. They're bugfixing, gameplay is fun and solid, there's just a few things that need fixing, yet here we are howling for blood. Dumb.

Edited by Beavis3D
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rammit (DayZ) said:

You are reaching, sorry. 

Hello Survivors,

let's get straight to the point: It is time. DayZ is going to leave Early Access with a PC 1.0 update on December 13th, after almost exactly 5 years in open development! https://forums.dayz.com/topic/241653-pc-10-release-date-announcement/

Their exact words.  Again, nowhere claiming full release or even leaving beta just a simple 1.0 release.  It's everyone else's assumption that 1.0 means full release

Edited by Guy Smiley
  • Like 1

I'm not sure I'm appreciating some of the "facts" spouted here in this thread.

I'd advise all to stick to reality and avoid insults if one wishes to continue to be able to access the forums.

constructive critique is welcomed.

ranting and falsehoods, not so much.

behave.

L

Edited by OrLoK
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rammit (DayZ) said:

You are reaching, sorry. 

Yeah, it's not "finished" in the sense that they will continue to patch and improve (like pretty much every other game), but pretending like this isn't a "release" event, is either naive or disingenuous. You can re-define 1.0 and "launch" all you like if it suits you, but the point some are making is 1.0 has a very clear meaning to the general public. The formal reviews open with the release of 1.0 and the game will be judged with its first impression and official reviews based on its state beginning December 13th.

I'm sure they will get it hammered out eventually, but not everyone is a dick-rider who has followed the game for years and will defend any and every choice made or state of the game. Whether you agree or disagree, the game is a release-grade product come December 13th, and it will be judged as such by reviewers and the general public. That is fact. And, those early impressions and reviews (e.g. does the most basic functionality of the game work?) will have a large influence on future sales. As a supporter of the game (and, huge supporter of the very tough decision they made to finally make a new engine for BI to build games on in the future) I am aware of this fact. I'm sure the devs are aware of this fact. The person who made the decision to force a 1.0 release date is aware of this fact. You may not be, but that doesn't change reality. I would hope that dayZ is presented in (at least) a serviceable light, with a foundational feature like persistence working. Yours, or my, rose colored glasses are not the lens through which this game will be viewed after Dec. 13th. 

It won't be in Alpha. it's leaving Beta, and entering a 1.0 launch. How can you define that as anything other than what it is intended to mean? A release-grade product. Oh... It must be a "Charlie" release....

This is a release event, I’ve been here since the mod from arma 2, I’m more than happy with the progress so far and anyone else who has been here from day1 will see the difference, it’s good the game has attracted new players but it’s the newer players who seem to be unhappy with the progress in the last yr and a half, if you had been here from the start maybe you guys would appreciate how far we’ve come, i wish you could try a cpl weeks with the mod and then play .63 to really see the difference, it’s a whole new team working to finish what we had yrs ago, the release deadline is fast approaching but it isn’t the finished product, but from where it started its come a long way, and it’s the only game I’ve ever had so far that changes features and content according to what the players ask for, this is the only one I’ve seen where the community has a say, watch a vid on YouTube of dayz mod see how far it’s come,  and be grateful we have devs who take our ideas on board instead of just rushing a release to make money

• Like 1

This thread is about feedback for the current patch, not about gripes over them releasing -- there are other threads for that.  Can we get back on topic please?

Things I've noticed in this patch:

• Server browser was hit-and-miss -- didn't crash my game but server results sometimes went awry
  • VOIP is still buggy -- was talking to a guy (just the 2 of us) where he said "Hey man how a" and then about 3 seconds of silence and then he said "re you?" -- VOIP is terribly laggy at times
  • Bushes (or some of them at least) are bullet resistant -- tried to kill a zombie who was standing in a bush with my KA -- first three shots did nothing, then he moved towards me out of the bush, next shot killed him
  • Some pants are invisible on the players
  • Contrast on stamina bar needs adjusting -- very hard to see reducing stamina vs. available stamina when you're running -- suggestion, make reducing stamina slowly go from white to yellow to red leaving available stamina white
  • Rooster and coughing/sneezing noises still happening way too often -- gets old and irritating in no time
  • There seems to be no way to stop coughing/sneezing once you start -- if there is, notes from the devs about how to do it would be appreciated
  • Beans 2

5 minutes ago, SmokeyFTM said:

This is a release event, I’ve been here since the mod from arma 2, I’m more than happy with the progress so far and anyone else who has been here from day1 will see the difference, it’s good the game has attracted new players but it’s the newer players who seem to be unhappy with the progress in the last yr and a half, if you had been here from the start maybe you guys would appreciate how far we’ve come, i wish you could try a cpl weeks with the mod and then play .63 to really see the difference, it’s a whole new team working to finish what we had yrs ago, the release deadline is fast approaching but it isn’t the finished product, but from where it started its come a long way, and it’s the only game I’ve ever had so far that changes features and content according to what the players ask for, this is the only one I’ve seen where the community has a say, watch a vid on YouTube of dayz mod see how far it’s come,  and be grateful we have devs who take our ideas on board instead of just rushing a release to make money

I've been playing for at least a few years. I never played the mod, but I have played bohemia games since Arma 2. I'm aware of their history. I fully recognize where the game has come. Performance with the new engine has been a major boon since the earlier versions of SA I was playing. But, I also recognize that working persistence is a primary feature of the game as the devs describe it, and that the dayz team have acknowledged it won't be working at launch. 

And, it is the new players and the first official reviews that will be coming starting December 13th and their impact that I am cognizant of, as someone who wants DayZ to have legs that carry it for 5 more years, and new maps, further development, etc, etc.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Hello Survivors,

let's get straight to the point: It is time. DayZ is going to leave Early Access with a PC 1.0 update on December 13th, after almost exactly 5 years in open development! https://forums.dayz.com/topic/241653-pc-10-release-date-announcement/

Their exact words.  Again, nowhere claiming full release or even leaving beta just a simple 1.0 release.  It's everyone else's assumption that 1.0 means full release

https://dayz.com/article/general/dayz-1-0-launches-december-13th-on-steam

"Everyone on our team has been working hard and will continue for this remaining week to deliver the best launch version we can."

I mean, we can argue about whether "launch version" and "release version" mean the same thing or not, but... ah well. I'm focused on how the general public and official reviews will (rightly) perceive whether this is a "pre-release" or a "launch" version and the impact (which, if history is any indicator) will be larger than some have anticipated. I want the game to have longevity. That said, personally, if BI shutters, tomorrow, it makes no difference to me. I already got my hours worth and had a good time with the alpha. I've paid pennies on the dollar for that time played. 

Edited by Rammit (DayZ)
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rammit (DayZ) said:

I've been playing for at least a few years. I never played the mod, but I have played bohemia games since Arma 2. I'm aware of their history. I fully recognize where the game has come. Performance with the new engine has been a major boon since the earlier versions of SA I was playing. But, I also recognize that working persistence is a primary feature of the game as the devs describe it, and that the dayz team have acknowledged it won't be working at launch. 

And, it is the new players and the first official reviews that will be coming starting December 13th and their impact that I am cognizant of, as someone who wants DayZ to have legs that carry it for 5 more years, and new maps, further development, etc, etc.

Yeah I understand mate persistence is a major issue, the main issue in my opinion and I think the release of 1.0 is a number and nothing else, it’s not the finished product and I’m glad I don’t work in game production as I’d be sacked for saying fuck you we aren’t finished, I think this release date has been pushed upon the dev team but I can see that with what they have done so far and how they communicate with the player base we don’t need to worry about dates and patch numbers it’s obvious they won’t consider this game a finished product until players are happy with what we have

Edited by SmokeyFTM

1 minute ago, Rammit (DayZ) said:

https://dayz.com/article/general/dayz-1-0-launches-december-13th-on-steam

Everyone on our team has been working hard and will continue for this remaining week to deliver the best launch version we can. I mean, we can argue about whether "launch version" and "release version" mean the same thing or not, but... ah well. I'm focused on how the general public and official reviews will (rightly) perceive whether this is a "pre-release" or a "launch" version and the impact (which, if history is any indicator) will be larger than some have anticipated. I want the game to have longevity. That said, personally, if BI shutters, tomorrow, it makes no difference to me. I already got my hours worth and had a good time with the alpha. I've paid pennies on the dollar for that time played. 

The best launch of 1.0.... just like they tried to make the best launch of .63.  Do I think it's going to be a catastrophic failure?  Absolutely, but it is what it is. 

• Like 1

I was able to get into a server, but when I attempted to *change* servers, it crashed. All subsequent attempts to join a game resulted in crashes. I am currently unable to play on an experimental server.

3 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Hello Survivors,

You clearly do not understand that Early Access is the Alpha and Beta testing phases. 1.0 and "Leaving Early Access" means full release. That is how the process goes. 1.0 is DayZ SA Official Release.

https://dayz.com/article/developer-updates/dayz-is-entering-beta-on-pc

This was outlined in November. Perhaps you missed that post. 0.63 was BETA. 1.0 is FULL RELEASE.

"To recap, The DayZ BETA shifts our focus from introducing new features and content to bug fixing, stabilization and balancing. The goal is to create a stable and -most importantly- fun experience for our 1.0 release, scheduled for the end of 2018."

Posted By Martin Čulák Nov 7, 2018 12:43 am EST

Now get off that horse before you hurt yourself. It's too high for you.

Something positive: They've been doing some optimisation. Deleting the folder in My Documents reset me back to 4K. Getting playable framerates at extreme detail, that was not possible before.

• Beans 2

6 hours ago, Beavis3D said:

Also, I literally nearly soiled my pants when the drains on a house suddenly started roaring with water - without any rain. New sound effect I think, but would fit better when it rains and the volume needs tweaking.

Heh this!

I think that the lighting still needs tweaking. Flashlight and flare should lit up surroundings more. Now you are in a small "bubble" of light. No matter if you are on closed container or large factory hall.

Exciting week for Dayz. We all know how players love to hate the game. But how will the major pc-gaming media react when game is 1.0 released?

• Beans 1

A few hours of playing on experimental last night and this morning:

• Server browser crashes are related to some file in the My Documents/DayZ folder getting corrupted. Both the "Play" button and manual server pick works fine a few times until it happens. Deleting the folder fixes it again - for a while. 
  • Ambient sound outdoors was messed up again with this patch. It comes and goes, it can be gone for a few minutes and then a rooster bleats and it comes back. Might be the indoors muting that lags and stays with you even when you go outside.
  • Water drain sound appears suddenly with a loud crash - and does so even if it is not raining. Needs a bit of tweaking.
  • I keep finding V3S parts, but has anyone seen the truck itself? You want us to test it before 1.0 you have to make it spawn, mkay? And, hot tip - make the vehicles spawn ready to drive on exp the last couple of days...
  • Flare sound was gone
  • Didn't see any teleporting zombies, and they didn't glitch through doors. One did however sink half way through the floor instead of coming up the stairs of the elevated red house.
  • Distant lights visibility really nice
  • Some umptard shot me while I was exterminating zombies to test zombie movement, guns and melee. Rude!
  • I'm finding Mosin ammo in civilian houses now, good!
  • Chemlights were buffed, they are actually useful now, good!
  • Why in all the High Hells has vaulting and stepover animations not been reimplemented yet? That we are at this point still getting stuck on fences and needing to back up for a running start is beyond annoying. 

All in all, assuming the browser crashes and new sound bugs aren't too difficult to fix, the state of the build isn't so bad, not counting the persistence thing. Since building bases on experimental isn't exactly worth the effort, it would be a good idea to push this patch to stable this afternoon at the latest, to give us at least one day to see how much of the persistence loss problem remains.

Edited by Beavis3D
  • Beans 2

7 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Hello Survivors,

For the love of god, please stop spreading misinformation. There is a reason why there is version numbering, it is an industry standard. 1.0 isn't what 1.0 means to you, it isn't what it means to me and it also isn't what it means to Bohemia. It's an industry standard, there are no if's or other views on the subject. I'm viewing 1.0 as set in the industry standard, not what it means to me. 0.63, you see that 0? Hold on, --->0<---.63, that zero. It means that a product is Work In Progress and means that the product is either in its Alpha stage or its Beta stage. 1.0, you see that 1? Hold on, --->1<---.0, this one. It means that a product is feature complete and out of its Work In Progress stage. It means that a product is viewed as stable and FULLY released to the general public, hence the game leaving Early Access when it hits 1.0. Because at 1.0, it isn't Early Access anymore since the features (or rather requirements) which were documented in the analysis phase and worked out in the design phase are implemented and tested.

There is no reasoning, discussing or personal opinion or view on this, it is an industry standard. 1.0 has for DayZ always been full release, they have given us multiple timelines for the product and 1.0 have always meant full release and it still does. Does development stop when a product hits 1.0? The answer is no, not with DayZ nor with any other software product, unless the product or that version of the product isn't supported anymore by the developers or the company, like Windows XP nowadays.

Again, read up on the various aspects of the life cycle of a software product and its development, like software development life cycle, software release life cycle, software versioning and a lot of other aspects. All these things are an industry standard. It doesn't matter if the developers or Bohemia announced 1.0 as a full release or not as, again, it is an industry standard. Also, they call 1.0 a major milestone, the same goes for beta which in the industry standard are also major milestones. This further more proves that 1.0 is the full release of DayZ which should be feature complete and free of major bugs and issues. Which we all know the current status of that.

Bohemia might slap their own version and own view on it but I'm going to treat 1.0, the way the industry treats it, the way I learned it and that is that 1.0 is, in fact, a fully released product. I haven't wrote a review for DayZ yet, only because the game wasn't fully released yet. Given all the negative reviews, I wanted to hold out on that review until 1.0/release and give the game a fair and honest review. Unfortunately, it's probably not going to be a positive review. My intention was to give DayZ a positive review on 1.0 because I trusted the developers and Bohemia to deliver what they promised. But as I said and have said multiple times, I'm going to review and judge 1.0 in a fair and honest way. They have dug their own grave this time, not the community.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 2

I have a few suggestion regarding Zeds in the nights. Make them blind and make them only react to sounds or light sources.  Or at least limits their sight. I tried to fight one in the night. You die even if you run away and hide.

Edited by Relic77

20 minutes ago, IMT said:

For the love of god, please stop spreading misinformation. There is a reason why there is version numbering, it is an industry standard. 1.0 isn't what 1.0 means to you, it isn't what it means to me and it also isn't what it means to Bohemia. It's an industry standard, there are no if's or other views on the subject. I'm viewing 1.0 as set in the industry standard, not what it means to me. 0.63, you see that 0? Hold on, --->0<---.63, that zero. It means that a product is Work In Progress and means that the product is either in its Alpha stage or its Beta stage. 1.0, you see that 1? Hold on, --->1<---.0, this one. It means that a product is feature complete and out of its Work In Progress stage. It means that a product is viewed as stable and FULLY released to the general public, hence the game leaving Early Access when it hits 1.0. Because at 1.0, it isn't Early Access anymore since the features (or rather requirements) which were documented in the analysis phase and worked out in the design phase are implemented and tested.

There is no reasoning, discussing or personal opinion or view on this, it is an industry standard. 1.0 has for DayZ always been full release, they have given us multiple timelines for the product and 1.0 have always meant full release and it still does. Does development stop when a product hits 1.0? The answer is no, not with DayZ nor with any other software product, unless the product or that version of the product isn't supported anymore by the developers or the company, like Windows XP nowadays.

Again, read up on the various aspects of the life cycle of a software product and its development, like software development life cycle, software release life cycle, software versioning and a lot of other aspects. All these things are an industry standard. It doesn't matter if the developers or Bohemia announced 1.0 as a full release or not as, again, it is an industry standard. Also, they call 1.0 a major milestone, the same goes for beta which in the industry standard are also major milestones. This further more proves that 1.0 is the full release of DayZ which should be feature complete and free of major bugs and issues. Which we all know the current status of that.

Bohemia might slap their own version and own view on it but I'm going to treat 1.0, the way the industry treats it, the way I learned it and that is that 1.0 is, in fact, a fully released product. I haven't wrote a review for DayZ yet, only because the game wasn't fully released yet. Given all the negative reviews, I wanted to hold out on that review until 1.0/release and give the game a fair and honest review. Unfortunately, it's probably not going to be a positive review. My intention was to give DayZ a positive review on 1.0 because I trusted the developers and Bohemia to deliver what they promised. But as I said and have said multiple times, I'm going to review and judge 1.0 in a fair and honest way. They have dug their own grave this time, not the community.

You're not going to be judging them in a fair and honest way. You have already condemned them as your posts over the last few days have clearly stated that. It's been nothing but Doom and Gloom from you and a couple other Forum posters complaining day in and day out that 1.0 is not ready because it doesn't have this or that in it. Which, they have clearly stated that development is not stopping at 1.0 and that a lot of the major pieces that make DayZ will be implemented post 1.0. So when you can find where they claimed that 1.0 is the full release and not cherry-pick that leaving early access means full release because the internet says so, I will be patiently waiting for that response.

Edited by Guy Smiley
  • Beans 2