Baty Alquawen

Status Report - 25 September 2018

30 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

They now work for me as well.

After a bit of messing about I got it to work now too, I had to wipe my login cache and relog to the forum page, then it all came up.

Edit: Looking good! Although seeing a car get rammed by two others and end up rolling away without (visible) damage was a bit jarring. No biggie, DayZ isn't trying to be Flatout after all. But still, are there plans to have visible dents/damage matching the "health" of the vehicle?

Edited by Beavis3D

Thanks all fine now! 

The cars ones: Nice to see the  collision physics dont make the cars fly miles away like in 0.60-0.62

The flashlight ones: good job, i uses them and the old system was a mess. But i would like that the headtorch one make a comeback. You can use a Flashlight and have the hands free. 

In summary good job!

Edited by polini
  • Like 1

Aaah, they show up fine in the top post of this thread, but on the blog page linked from the title page, the images are still not visible.

7 hours ago, Beavis3D said:

Probably a misunderstanding then. What they have said is that cars and base building would be implemented during or at the beginning of beta. Post 1.0 is the plan for additional vehicles such as more types (specifically such as were never in 0.62 either) of cars and two-wheeled vehicles. Last week they said in the status report that vehicles would be added shortly after the next content patch, now it seems they're content to push it all out at once. Still no ETA though, so we'll see how long we'll have to wait. I want to see that list of beta features first and foremost, I can wait some more if it means we get a smooth release this time.

It wasn't really a misunderstanding, to be honest. They were talking about postponing vehicles and tents for after 1.0 to not hold the beta back, that was a big no-no for me. They stated this in the SR of 28th of november "During the time between the release of 0.63 Experimental to the release of 0.63 Stable (PC BETA), we will add a couple more features that are missing from the list above. Namely vehicles, helicopters and base-building. We'll also keep adding weapons to get to our 0.62 standards". I have ranted a few times to the guys about the fact that they threw out a date again (Beta before the end of 2018), combined with the fact that they might postpone vehicles and tents until after beta was what caused it. I don't mind that things take a while, I'm prepared to wait for it and I'm in it for the long run. But the date, it was the date, something they already had problems with in the past.

But all this is doesn't matter anymore anyway since it seems we're getting vehicles and tents rather sooner than later, which is of course great news.

3 hours ago, OrLoK said:

On the flip side I have had others complain to me that the forums are not as active as they were in their heyday.

"A beginning is a very delicate time."

Things will find their equilibrium as they did before.

Patience is key.

I don't mind if the forum is active, I would even support it. The problem is that they make for every little thing a new topic. Normally for the PC build we always keep it to the Stable/Experimental/Stress test topic instead of making a new topic. The forum would have half a million topics if we would make a new topic on everything. I'm sure that a lot of topics are even duplicates of things which have been posted in the same week. Here in The Netherlands we have a saying which would translate roughly to "Not being able to see the forest because of the trees" which means that you lose the overview because of all the details. I hope you guys can do something about this because I don't even know anymore if there is a new build or not because they get burried within a few hours because of all the new topics.

Edited by IMT
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, IMT said:

It wasn't really a misunderstanding, to be honest. They were talking about postponing vehicles and tents for after 1.0 to not hold the beta back, that was a big no-no for me. They stated this in the SR of 28th of november "During the time between the release of 0.63 Experimental to the release of 0.63 Stable (PC BETA), we will add a couple more features that are missing from the list above. Namely vehicles, helicopters and base-building. We'll also keep adding weapons to get to our 0.62 standards". I have ranted a few times to the guys about the fact that they threw out a date again (Beta before the end of 2018), combined with the fact that they might postpone vehicles and tents until after beta was what caused it. I don't mind that things take a while, I'm prepared to wait for it and I'm in it for the long run. But the date, it was the date, something they already had problems with in the past.

But all this is doesn't matter anymore anyway since it seems we're getting vehicles and tents rather sooner than later, which is of course great news.

I don't mind if the forum is active, I would even support it. The problem is that they make for every little thing a new topic. Normally for the PC build we always keep it to the Stable/Experimental/Stress test topic instead of making a new topic. The forum would have half a million topics if we would make a new topic on everything. I'm sure that a lot of topics are even duplicates of things which have been posted in the same week. Here in The Netherlands we have a saying which would translate roughly to "Not being able to see the forest because of the trees" which means that you lose the overview because of all the details. I hope you guys can do something about this because I don't even know anymore if there is a new build or not because they get burried within a few hours because of all the new topics.

We are aware of the new xbox area teething problems and plans are underfoot to make things *better* but these things always take a little time to organise and sort out from behind the scenes.

Bear with us!

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

2 hours ago, OrLoK said:

We are aware of the new xbox area teething problems and plans are underfoot to make things *better* but these things always take a little time to organise and sort out from behind the scenes.

Bear with us!

Alright, good to hear, thank you for understanding. :)

when they speak of basebuilding are they talking about bringing back tents?  or are they talking about constructing structures? either would be awesome really, but it would definately be cool to fence or wall in a small spot and build a few small buildings in the forest somewhere.

Just please don't have flying bases or be nearly invincible! I'd rather have a bunch of tents than to see wooden structures floating mysteriously in the air as if gravity didn't affect them and it shouldn't take hours on end to raid a base because of an endless amount of invincible walls keeping players out.

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Beans 1

6 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

when they speak of basebuilding are they talking about bringing back tents?  or are they talking about constructing structures? either would be awesome really, but it would definately be cool to fence or wall in a small spot and build a few small buildings in the forest somewhere.

Would be a kick in the nuts if they just brought back tents and barrels. That's no base building either, by my definition.

And I'm not talking about those ugly kind of constructions you see in other games. No I just want the use the kind of walls mentioned by the devs, build a watchtower and place some lights with generators. And within the wall some tents etc.

Edited by amadieus
  • Beans 2

Yes, and the majority of models are already in, but disabled at the moment. The watchtower,  fences, lights, generators, etc... And if you can search, you can see some videos with people using it. (Obiously all unofficial and all)Ahh and barricading windows with planks too. 

• Beans 1

18 hours ago, amadieus said:

Would be a kick in the nuts if they just brought back tents and barrels. That's no base building either, by my definition.

And I'm not talking about those ugly kind of constructions you see in other games. No I just want the use the kind of walls mentioned by the devs, build a watchtower and place some lights with generators. And within the wall some tents etc.

Don't worry, judging by the previously released image of their take on base building from their RTX live stream (image of it can be found below) the bases in DayZ will look nothing like other games.

15 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Don't worry, judging by the previously released image of their take on base building from their RTX live stream (image of it can be found below) the bases in DayZ will look nothing like other games.

3 years ago ? Wow , it feels like a year at most that that was posted ... time is flying by .

On 9/26/2018 at 6:39 PM, FunkInYourTrunk said:

wt2.png

wt1.png

Here's what I could find on trello.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

wt2.png

wt1.png

There's generators, tents (both found and makeshift), walls, improvised wooden towers, wooden planters(?), Christmas lights, search lights, camo netting, and I believe there's a few more things but I don't recall what they are if there were.

4 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

//..

If you go up in that thing take a duck caller with you to attract hunters

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

If you go up in that thing take a duck caller with you to attract hunters

I'm a walking Foley stage, no need for peripherals.

• Beans 2

I sense some renewed excitement around these parts..

Good stuff everyone at BI! I’ve been following this game for years, very excited to be partaking in this game on Xbox.

Hope you’re able to spend the time you need, in order to iron out this game into what we know it can be.