FSHIR

Beta == 1.0 This year?

There is something fishy going on with planned release of full version this year, main reason for this is the statement made by developers 2 months ago:

- June 15th Devs say in developer stream that "Content and features will be added during the experimental phase, leading up to Beta at the end of the year" (Source)

- August 6th Devs said that 1.0 at the end of the year (Source)

- August 10th RaptorM60, aka guy from Devs said that they going to cut out some features from 1.0 (Source)

This looks like that 1.0 is just renamed Beta release.

Edited by FSHIR

1.0 will not come not before Q2 2019. This is for sure since they have already stated that xbox will go final at this time. This year ( my guess is not before christmas time) we will see  a  beta release which will then contain the  content patch we are waiting for since June as well as a first implementation of vehicles and base building. Vehicles will probably, as stated by the devs,  not be more than 2 cars ( maybe the helicopter) but we've got no info about what will be included for base building. Everything else will come later with or after 1.0.  since they are now concentrating on polishing and bugfixing until beta release.

• Sad 1

It always can get worse, and seems like it will. Perhaps working on engines and tech. was the only real interest of Bohemia when we talk about DayZ. I don't care about development taking 5-10 years, but man, you have a game out in early access, with a lot of people interested, at least do it so it would be increasingly entertaining, not the opposite. 

SCUM just has been launched, it is already equal if not better than DayZ, so much of it is very well designed.. Too bad it is also not too entertaining with running and looting all the time, even though it has some additional features to escape boredom, like events.. Perhaps thats some kind of tribute for DayZ for first build ? 

14 hours ago, Private Evans said:

1.0 will not come not before Q2 2019. This is for sure since they have already stated that xbox will go final at this time.

Do you have a source for this? Thanks.

5 hours ago, Private Evans said:

That's for Xbox, not PC.  The only thing I'm confused about is this 1.0 by years end.  First it was 0.63 beta by end of the year, now it's 1.0 beta by end of the year?  Does anyone at Bohemia even know what the fuck they are doing anymore?

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

As for content and feature updates, the progress there will be shared with the progress of our PC builds, since DayZ is developed as a fully multiplatform title with PC serving as our primary development platform

Currently, DayZ is projected to leave Xbox Game Preview in Q1 2019, along with a full release of the game on PlayStation 4

...which means future major content  Xbox updates will come  with or short after the corresponding PC platform updates. So if Xbox verion  will go final in Q1 or more likely in Q2,  PC version 1.0 will come out roughly estimated at the same time.

1 hour ago, Private Evans said:

As for content and feature updates, the progress there will be shared with the progress of our PC builds, since DayZ is developed as a fully multiplatform title with PC serving as our primary development platform

Currently, DayZ is projected to leave Xbox Game Preview in Q1 2019, along with a full release of the game on PlayStation 4

...which means future major content  Xbox updates will come  with or short after the corresponding PC platform updates. So if Xbox verion  will go final in Q1 or more likely in Q2,  PC version 1.0 will come out roughly estimated at the same time.

That's a bit of a stretch as almost every game that's been ported over to consoles get updated way after the pc versions do but hey, who know's right?

On 9/3/2018 at 8:57 AM, Guy Smiley said:

That's for Xbox, not PC.  The only thing I'm confused about is this 1.0 by years end.  First it was 0.63 beta by end of the year, now it's 1.0 beta by end of the year?  Does anyone at Bohemia even know what the fuck they are doing anymore?

I watched an interview about a year ago in which a dev said that 1.0 release has to be by the end of this year. Since then, with the official announcements of console and it's semi release I have gotten the feeling the the entire Bohemia lineup has changed it's course; console is now a main focus. It seems to me from what I have been reading,  everything Bohemia is about to undergo a 1 to 2 year extension to deeply incorporate consoles into their titles. You can see this as clear as day in the way 3rd person is being pushed so hard on the PC version and how it's perspective has transformed into a stereotypical console perspective like any other title out there.

This is all just a hunch on my part. I fully expect Arma 4 is going to be built around consoles. The only positive thing that is going to bring is that we are finally going to see good performance in Arma although probably a lot more crashes.

16 minutes ago, noreaster said:

I watched an interview about a year ago in which a dev said that 1.0 release has to be by the end of this year. Since then, with the official announcements of console and it's semi release I have gotten the feeling the the entire Bohemia lineup has changed it's course; console is now a main focus. It seems to me from what I have been reading,  everything Bohemia is about to undergo a 1 to 2 year extension to deeply incorporate consoles into their titles. You can see this as clear as day in the way 3rd person is being pushed so hard on the PC version and how it's perspective has transformed into a stereotypical console perspective like any other title out there.

This is all just a hunch on my part. I fully expect Arma 4 is going to be built around consoles. The only positive thing that is going to bring is that we are finally going to see good performance in Arma although probably a lot more crashes.

We also announced last year already that we would bring DayZ to consoles in 2018. And you can't release a game to a new platform without proper support.

That said, we've constantly reassured that PC development is largely independent from any console work, meaning we are still aiming for a 1.0 release this year.

• Beans 1

19 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

That said, we've constantly reassured that PC development is largely independent from any console work, meaning we are still aiming for a 1.0 release this year.

Fingers crossed, else a whole lot of people are gonna be pissed witch hunters knocking on your door..

18 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

We also announced last year already that we would bring DayZ to consoles in 2018. And you can't release a game to a new platform without proper support.

But only half done right?

4 hours ago, sneakydude said:

But only half done right?

"Half done" would clearly be an exaggeration, but I guess you are referring to some features/content being pushed back.

While we of course understand that "new feature" always sounds more interesting than "stable experience", the second is what we need to go for right now. In our current Status Report, our Lead Gameplay Programmer explains very well, how existing issues in the game can suddenly multiply and create chaos. This is what our focus needs to be on for the release, creating a stable experience and functioning gameplay loop with regular survival, vehicles, base building and gunplay. It needs to run well to avoid difficulties for players, server owners and mod creators.

We've said it countless times, 1.0 does not mean the end of DayZ development by any means. But it is a stage of stability we finally need to reach before diving into more and more ambitious and more flavor features that are great, but not essential for the core DayZ experience.

• Beans 2

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

"Half done" would clearly be an exaggeration, but I guess you are referring to some features/content being pushed back.

While we of course understand that "new feature" always sounds more interesting than "stable experience", the second is what we need to go for right now. In our current Status Report, our Lead Gameplay Programmer explains very well, how existing issues in the game can suddenly multiply and create chaos. This is what our focus needs to be on for the release, creating a stable experience and functioning gameplay loop with regular survival, vehicles, base building and gunplay. It needs to run well to avoid difficulties for players, server owners and mod creators.

We've said it countless times, 1.0 does not mean the end of DayZ development by any means. But it is a stage of stability we finally need to reach before diving into more and more ambitious and more flavor features that are great, but not essential for the core DayZ experience.

Ya base building or something wasn't it?

Forgot Helicopters, boats, heli spawns (new i think was it.) but we never got to see helis yet or boats. I know there was a ton more little ones, i dont think winter map, or expansion of the map is in the works for this.

Edited by sneakydude

2 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Ya base building or something wasn't it?

You'll have to excuse me for not understanding this question. Base building will be implemented in BETA and 1.0.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Just now, ImpulZ said:

You'll have to excuse me for not understanding this question. Base building will be implemented in BETA and 1.0.

That's good, no Great to know this, many where unsure if we would get it or not.

On 9/11/2018 at 4:48 AM, ImpulZ said:

I know you announced it already, I stated that in my post. As far as releasing a game platform without support? I'm not sure what you are replying to there. It seems like you are trying to say that just because you offer multiple consoles as well as PC support that you are automatically going to succeed in keeping them all satisfied at the same time. This is a stretch to say the least. I don't think any PC gamer out there would give you a favorable response if asked how they feel about titles branching out into the console market and it's overall effects on the PC experience in the end.

You are being intellectually dishonest when you say PC development is independent of consoles. It has never in my 30 years of gaming. One will always influence the other and it is almost unanimously console which winds up screwing up and dividing the PC community. This, because the console market is comprised vastly of legions of underage and immature children who spend their entire life glued to their cell phones and social media complaining about how things should be easier, 24/7daytime, militarized, max loot, spawn loadout, 1,000,000 starting cash. To see the cancer I speak of go browse through the comments of any of the official tweets you have posted.

No one here believes this game will release as 1.0 this year. This is also intellectually dishonest. No one who has been here since the beginning believes this game will release in anything resembling a finished state this year. The term Beta implies that all your core development is done and mostly debugged. Beta implies that most of your content is in and is being debugged. Dayz does not have anywhere even remotely close to enough content to warrant the SEVEN YEARS we have already been waiting. Dayz doesn't even have officially supported keybind editing yet. No vehicles, no helicopters, no heli crash sites, no basebuilding, you destroyed the ADS and stance system which Arma 3 did perfectly already. What, 3 viable weapons? You think anyone here believes all this is going to be added in 2.5 months and also be polished in a way it can honestly be labeled a 1.0 release? Servers and clients crashing constantly with pervasive and crippling battleeye kicks that have been plaguing this project from day1 and your development team has admitted is likely resulting from your own core code. Yet here your team is with 2.5 months left in the year and you want to try and sell a shell of a game as a finished project to people who have been around going on a freaking decade because it's, 'A milestone we need to reach'.

You aren't aiming for a 1.0 release this year. You are aiming for a Beta release this year and calling it 1.0 because the Dayz development and management teams have been a catastrophic failure throughout this entire ordeal. The whole console thing is the icing on the cake, probably the point in this project where every PC community member whether they admit it yet or not gave up on this project.

Have a nice day!

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 9/13/2018 at 3:12 PM, noreaster said:

I know you announced it already, I stated that in my post. As far as releasing a game platform without support? I'm not sure what you are replying to there. It seems like you are trying to say that just because you offer multiple consoles as well as PC support that you are automatically going to succeed in keeping them all satisfied at the same time. This is a stretch to say the least. I don't think any PC gamer out there would give you a favorable response if asked how they feel about titles branching out into the console market and it's overall effects on the PC experience in the end.

You are being intellectually dishonest when you say PC development is independent of consoles. It has never in my 30 years of gaming. One will always influence the other and it is almost unanimously console which winds up screwing up and dividing the PC community. This, because the console market is comprised vastly of legions of underage and immature children who spend their entire life glued to their cell phones and social media complaining about how things should be easier, 24/7daytime, militarized, max loot, spawn loadout, 1,000,000 starting cash. To see the cancer I speak of go browse through the comments of any of the official tweets you have posted.

No one here believes this game will release as 1.0 this year. This is also intellectually dishonest. No one who has been here since the beginning believes this game will release in anything resembling a finished state this year. The term Beta implies that all your core development is done and mostly debugged. Beta implies that most of your content is in and is being debugged. Dayz does not have anywhere even remotely close to enough content to warrant the SEVEN YEARS we have already been waiting. Dayz doesn't even have officially supported keybind editing yet. No vehicles, no helicopters, no heli crash sites, no basebuilding, you destroyed the ADS and stance system which Arma 3 did perfectly already. What, 3 viable weapons? You think anyone here believes all this is going to be added in 2.5 months and also be polished in a way it can honestly be labeled a 1.0 release? Servers and clients crashing constantly with pervasive and crippling battleeye kicks that have been plaguing this project from day1 and your development team has admitted is likely resulting from your own core code. Yet here your team is with 2.5 months left in the year and you want to try and sell a shell of a game as a finished project to people who have been around going on a freaking decade because it's, 'A milestone we need to reach'.

You aren't aiming for a 1.0 release this year. You are aiming for a Beta release this year and calling it 1.0 because the Dayz development and management teams have been a catastrophic failure throughout this entire ordeal. The whole console thing is the icing on the cake, probably the point in this project where every PC community member whether they admit it yet or not gave up on this project.

Have a nice day!

Dont forget modding will be out soon, then you can bet people will change it back to PC.

On 9/12/2018 at 10:58 AM, ImpulZ said:

1.0 does not mean the end of DayZ development by any means

But will 1.0 be a Feature Complete and Polished product?

On 9/2/2018 at 12:01 AM, Private Evans said:

Vehicles will probably, as stated by the devs,  not be more than 2 cars ( maybe the helicopter)

Aerial transport

Update of Take On Helicopters Little-Bird model complete as our “Pilot” program for Aerial Transport

Creation of assets and mechanics for fixed wing and rotary aircraft under way

Internal testing on the flight model complete – We’d like to see this hit experimental at least before the end of the year

Aerial vehicles confirmed by Devs by end of year.

Oh wait....sorrry, this post was from 2015.  My bad.

On 18-10-2018 at 12:34 AM, FSHIR said:

But will 1.0 be a Feature Complete and Polished product?

Polished, I hope so. Its a neccesity. Feature complete no. There are features planned post 1.0 like barricading. Also some features like fishing from 0.62 won't make it before 1.0.

On 10/19/2018 at 1:08 AM, amadieus said:

Polished, I hope so. Its a neccesity. Feature complete no. There are features planned post 1.0 like barricading. Also some features like fishing from 0.62 won't make it before 1.0.

Chk the status report

Lets be honest here. DayZ is too late to really cash in on its success back in 2012. Most people that are fans of DayZ has already bought it, so they know its a very limitied amount of money they will earn.
I'm guessing Bis has more important projects, it just feels like there is a small skeleton crew working on this. At this point they just wanna be done with the development and I guess so do we.
I really want 1.0 aslong as its functioning and not just a slightly less messy game then before. Considering of all the developing problems, i'm really sceptic about them solving that issue.

• Beans 1

On 2.9.2018 at 6:01 AM, Private Evans said:

1.0 will not come not before Q2 2019. This is for sure since they have already stated that xbox will go final at this time. This year ( my guess is not before christmas time) we will see  a  beta release which will then contain the  content patch we are waiting for since June as well as a first implementation of vehicles and base building. Vehicles will probably, as stated by the devs,  not be more than 2 cars ( maybe the helicopter) but we've got no info about what will be included for base building. Everything else will come later with or after 1.0.  since they are now concentrating on polishing and bugfixing until beta release.

The helicopter is planned for the long term in beta content releases, i have yet to see any models or anything resembling a chopper from them