zigglr

Has hacking been fixed on DayZ standalone?

I would say that hacking is still an issue, it's not as big of an issue as it once was, but you will still come across that random player teleporting around, ect.

High Pop servers get them from time to time. Mostly ESP hacks. There will be a squad, one guy will have esp. its pretty easy to spot of you've been playing arma/dayz for a long time. 

Hackers go where the action is. And thank Jesus for PUBG cause most of the script kiddies have moved onto that. 

Edited by Baker.

Wasn't one of the major points of the enfusion engine to remove the client side things that allowed hacking to be so easy in the mod?  Did it not work?

Honest question, I'm not a programmer.

It was announced to the Dev (Eugene?) In a SR that the new "complete Enfusion Engine" will perform a server-side control over actions of the clients. (It's supposed to help against cheating, but there are no exact details, I think it covers topics like: Duping / Teleporting / Speedhacks / Godmods or Aimbots).

REM I am not a programmer ^^ ... just a logician

EOF

1 hour ago, Sqeezorz said:

It was announced to the Dev (Eugene?) In a SR that the new "complete Enfusion Engine" will perform a server-side control over actions of the clients. (It's supposed to help against cheating, but there are no exact details, I think it covers topics like: Duping / Teleporting / Speedhacks / Godmods or Aimbots).

REM I am not a programmer ^^ ... just a logician

EOF

The game is already "server-authoritative," meaning the server is in charge of most things (unlike in ARMA where the client tells the server what's going on), but not enough things are that hacking would be very hard or almost impossible.

An example of a game that I can think of where so much is server-side that hacking is almost impossible would be League of Legends.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man