Sign in to follow this  
evil11

Refund

Dont get me wrong, this is not another one rage topic.
I just thought that after all these years, we only saw changing roadmaps, prolonging early access.
To do some changes in steam reviews (btw 1/3 of all reviews are negative) give us an option to get our money back.
Fans wont leave Bohemia, but people who are disappointed in this game will not bother devs in social media, steam and this forum.

Ya I want my money back for those cookies I ate last week I mean really in retrospect they werent that great

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, tiadashi said:

Ya I want my money back for those cookies I ate last week I mean really in retrospect they werent that great

You ate the cookies to soon they were not done yet,  LOL

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

You ate the cookies to soon they were not done yet,  LOL

But I thought they were early access cookies?!   XD

• Like 4

One question, how many hours do you have in DayZ?

• Like 5

Seriously, some people...sigh

• Like 1

On 7/9/2017 at 0:17 PM, tiadashi said:

the dark side doesn't give refunds, silly

On 7/9/2017 at 2:13 PM, IMT said:

One question, how many hours do you have in DayZ?

Loaded question, and it's the same garbage Steam forces us to deal with....

>If we answer "less than two hours"
Then we've clearly not played DayZ enough to experience like anything the game has to offer, and the entirety of the DayZ community will then proceed to rip on us for "judging it before you even gave it a chance".... But, Steam policy on refunds is it must be less than two hours of gameplay, because arbitrary bullshit number because Steam hates customers. (Also evidenced by the fact that 90% of their support is pushed off onto a user forum instead of addressed by Steam itself, just like Facebook, another website that doesn't give a FUCK about the users and only cares about advertisers)

>If we answer anything over 2 hours
Then we've clearly "enjoyed" the game far too long to take a refund request seriously (again because Steam hates customers), despite the fact that this "game" has been in early-access Alpha testing for nigh on four goddamned years now, with not a lot of forward progress to speak of (instead, a lot of sideways progress, tacking in extra unnecessary and broken mechanics).....

So, what's even the point of asking this question?

To be quite honest, if Steam came out and offered refunds for DayZ, regardless of time played, I'd be f'in GONE... The only reason I still hop on every so often is because Steam refused to give me a refund because of their stupid-ass arbitrary 2-hour play limit, and I still don't feel like I've gotten my $30 worth of entertainment value out of it....

Edited by t3h_kgb

16 hours ago, t3h_kgb said:

Loaded question, and it's the same garbage Steam forces us to deal with....

>If we answer "less than two hours"
Then we've clearly not played DayZ enough to experience like anything the game has to offer, and the entirety of the DayZ community will then proceed to rip on us for "judging it before you even gave it a chance".... But, Steam policy on refunds is it must be less than two hours of gameplay, because arbitrary bullshit number because Steam hates customers. (Also evidenced by the fact that 90% of their support is pushed off onto a user forum instead of addressed by Steam itself, just like Facebook, another website that doesn't give a FUCK about the users and only cares about advertisers)

>If we answer anything over 2 hours
Then we've clearly "enjoyed" the game far too long to take a refund request seriously (again because Steam hates customers), despite the fact that this "game" has been in early-access Alpha testing for nigh on four goddamned years now, with not a lot of forward progress to speak of (instead, a lot of sideways progress, tacking in extra unnecessary and broken mechanics).....

So, what's even the point of asking this question?

To be quite honest, if Steam came out and offered refunds for DayZ, regardless of time played, I'd be f'in GONE... The only reason I still hop on every so often is because Steam refused to give me a refund because of their stupid-ass arbitrary 2-hour play limit, and I still don't feel like I've gotten my $30 worth of entertainment value out of it....

Well, same question to you, how many hours did you play? It is actually a legit question.

Do you think they wil actually refund me when I have played more than 2000 hours? Hell no! That's not how life works. Do you think that if you go to a car dealer with a car which you driven a lot and say "I'm done with it, I want a new one, please refund this one" they are going to say "Oh of course sir, here, have the full sum you payed back". Fuck no.

That's why I asked that question and that is why Steam asks that question as well. They don't refund games where you just say "meh, I played it but I don't like it anymore, give meh my munnez back". It's only for special cases when for example the game doesn't entirely run on your PC.

And again, how many hours do you have? The developers are not forcing you to play, you are the person who wants to play. I have a shit ton of games which I bought but never played before. I don't see the developers of these games next to me with a gun telling me to play. If you buy a game you're not forced to play it, you know that right?

Another thing, have you actually read the Steam store page? It literally says there "do not buy this game", you have no arguments whatsoever because it literally tells you to not buy the game.

Oh and that the game is on Steam doesn't mean their support should be at Steam. That is total bullshit. I rather get support through a platform which the company who own the game made than through a third party platform.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IMT said:

Well, same question to you, how many hours did you play? It is actually a legit question.

Do you think they wil actually refund me when I have played more than 2000 hours? Hell no! That's not how life works. Do you think that if you go to a car dealer with a car which you driven a lot and say "I'm done with it, I want a new one, please refund this one" they are going to say "Oh of course sir, here, have the full sum you payed back". Fuck no.

That's why I asked that question and that is why Steam asks that question as well. They don't refund games where you just say "meh, I played it but I don't like it anymore, give meh my munnez back". It's only for special cases when for example the game doesn't entirely run on your PC.

And again, how many hours do you have? The developers are not forcing you to play, you are the person who wants to play. I have a shit ton of games which I bought but never played before. I don't see the developers of these games next to me with a gun telling me to play. If you buy a game you're not forced to play it, you know that right?

Another thing, have you actually read the Steam store page? It literally says there "do not buy this game", you have no arguments whatsoever because it literally tells you to not buy the game.

Oh and that the game is on Steam doesn't mean their support should be at Steam. That is total bullshit. I rather get support through a platform which the company who own the game made than through a third party platform.

I had barely two hours played when I requested my first fifteen refunds, all of which were denied. With a game like DayZ, it's all too easy to burn four solid hours without even realizing it... Further, I had heard mixed reviews of DayZ, and decided to give it its fair shake. I should've listened to the over 1/3 of reviews that were NEGATIVE, but I figured that the majority was still positive, so there might be at least some aspect of fun to this game... Nope, just aggravation piled upon aggravation.

You, of all people, cannot tell me that DayZ can be properly analyzed inside of two hours... You don't judge a movie by the opening credits, do you? You don't buy a car and right before you take the keys, after all the paperwork is done and the deal is sealed, say "yeah, this car's a piece of shit, I want my money back"... You don't go to Barnes and Noble, buy a book, read the back cover, and return it citing it sucked.... So why the FUCK are we expected to judge a huge game like DayZ on the first two hours!? Because Steam executives, who've never played videogames outside of fucking mobile devices, decided on an arbitrary number of two hours for their fake "return policy" nonsense...

I won't tell you my total game time played, because as I said, it's a LOADED QUESTION; there is no correct answer, and any answer is going to be met with a canned response, ridiculing the person who didn't like the game.

>less than two hours:
"Oh, you didn't even give the game a chance! You're just ragequitting cuz it's too hard for you keks we're such badasses for continuing to play a broken alpha, and you're a loser who's just ragequitting"
>over two hours:
"Oh, well, you can't get a refund from Steam because clearly 2 hours is more than enough play time to judge DayZ...."

I wanted to get my $35 worth out of it after my first few refund requests were denied.... I have yet to.... I still feel I'm due a refund on this piece of garbage.... The original creator chucked deuces on the dev team.... I suggest the rest of us follow suit.

(And yes, I realize I said $30 above.... Reinitiating refund requests showed me I actually paid $34.99 for this bullshit. Bohemia devs should be arrested for thievery.)

Edited by t3h_kgb

Easy.

Read the Rules, and accept or not.

If not accept, then no buy or life with the facts !

Welcome in the World of Real Life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, t3h_kgb said:

*snip*

You bought a game that isn't finished, and are complaining that its not finished.  Try waiting till it is finished and play it then.

All of your complaints are very common and are frankly uninformed.  Who cares if the original lead dev left; there are others filling that role.  You make it sounds as if development stopped 2 years ago.

• Like 1

sqeez: Just because it's policy doesn't mean it's good policy, and voicing concern over said policy is how users go about affecting policy. This is how the real world works.... (outside of Bohemia, of course)

29 minutes ago, klesh said:

You make it sounds as if development stopped 2 years ago.

Forward progress did indeed halt two years ago, if not more. All they've been doing is tacking in extra broken mechanics, rarely fixing anything that is broken, throwing some different textures in, fucking with the bird chirp volume (seriously, are these birds living in my backpack!?), and calling it "progress", which it indeed is; but it is LATERAL progress, not FORWARD progress... You can add all the goodies and weapon types and loot and junk in you want, but it's still the same broken game it was four years ago.... For all intents and purposes, DayZ is DEAD, and its development stagnant.

The original creator left, and that role CANNOT be filled by others. Richard Garriott sold Ultima Online to EA and promptly left thereafter. EA then proceeded to piss all over it and turn it into something it never was. Same thing with EVERY project the original developer bails on, and it's actually a really good indicator of when to follow suit on a project... If the original creator no longer sees the vision, then the vision is LOST.

Yes, these complaints have been lodged by many... At what point, however, does it stop being "just a random person bitching", and an actual problem? Is there a certain percentage we've not quite yet hit? Because if everyone is lodging the same complaints, then maybe, just maybe, there's some validity to the complaints....... Just maybe......

Honestly, I gave the game its fair shake because I felt it was worthy of at least checking out.... Unfortunately, the more I looked into the game, the more I found out about Bohemia, the history, and the woes of development... Had I known about all this beforehand, I'd have never even considered it... Alas, Bohemia does a GREAT job of silencing the opposition, by banning and blocking and crybabying every time something negative comes around, instead of actually addressing the negativity like rational, professional adults would...

Edited by t3h_kgb

3 minutes ago, t3h_kgb said:

Forward progress did indeed halt two years ago, if not more. All they've been doing is tacking in extra broken mechanics, rarely fixing anything that is broken, throwing some different textures in, fucking with the bird chirp volume (seriously, are these birds living in my backpack!?), and calling it "progress", which it indeed is; but it is LATERAL progress, not FORWARD progress... You can add all the goodies and weapon types and loot and junk in you want, but it's still the same broken game it was four years ago.... For all intents and purposes, DayZ is DEAD, and its development stagnant.

The original creator left, and that role CANNOT be filled by others. Richard Garriott sold Ultima Online to EA and promptly left thereafter. EA then proceeded to piss all over it and turn it into something it never was. Same thing with EVERY project the original developer bails on, and it's actually a really good indicator of when to follow suit on a project... If the original creator no longer sees the vision, then the vision is LOST.

Yes, these complaints have been lodged by many... At what point, however, does it stop being "just a random person bitching", and an actual problem? Is there a certain percentage we've not quite yet hit? Because if everyone is lodging the same complaints, then maybe, just maybe, there's some validity to the complaints....... Just maybe......

About 2 years ago is when they paused for the cause and decided to create a new engine for the game.  Tons of backend stuff has been going on that the player is only starting to see now.

I think you're vastly overestimating one man's affect on any given project.  The game is being developed by a team of serious game makers who have the same idea of what the game is to be.  It hasn't been sold to EA and no one is pissing all over the original idea.  Apples and oranges.

There might be some validity to you're points, sure. I am willing to let them finish the game and then I will make a judgement as to its quality or worth.  Its like walking into a kitchen and complaining that the medium rare filet mignon you ordered is cooked wrong when it hasn't been placed on the grille yet.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, klesh said:

Tons of backend stuff has been going on that the player is only starting to see now.

read: They couldn't figure out how to get it working two years ago, and are only now finally figuring it out.... Again, a real development team could whip a game as complete as DayZ is today out in around six months' time.

The game is being developed by a team of serious game makers

Having worked with REAL professional development teams in the past, I can assure you this is NOT the case; don't be bamboozled into making excuses for the mediocrity and failure of others... If they were indeed a team of true professionals, they wouldn't be acting like spoiled children every time someone says something negative about their work. If they were indeed a real team, they'd have shown FAR more progress with this project. The original leadership punched the fuck out, the vision is LOST. And NO, I am not giving too much credit to one man... Zuckerberg, Gates, Walton, Cuban, Trump, etc. have all achieved a great deal. Without them, the visions of Facebook, Microsoft, Walmart, etc. would have never come to fruition, and the world would be a vastly different place today. Richard Garriott's Ultima Online was sold to EA, meaning EA absorbed the company, retained the staff, and Garriott walked away with a hot chunk of change in his pocket. Macintoshes to Red Delicious; it may have been a different transaction, but it's still the very same ballgame...

I am willing to let them finish the game and then I will make a judgement as to its quality or worth.

If that's the case, then you did not purchase the early access, nor are you playing it... Or, you're just washing your hands of all responsibility under the guise of early access..... They asked us to judge and assess the game when they released it for $ale. I purchased it for the intent of assessing the game's thusfar progress. Alas, I found it severely lacking, and have seen little forward progress since I've started, and research has shown this is par for Bohemia's course on this project... Thus, I want my money back. It's NOT worth the price they're charging, and it never will be, because it will never be completed.... If we give them six years of development, they might be able to claim a finished product, but it'll be a six year-old game at that point, not worth a Steam holiday sale price. Further, if they ever DO finish it, very few people will purchase the finished product due to them having burned so many of us for so long. In fact, the ONLY way I'll play DayZ 1.0, is if they allow early access owners free access to the 1.0 version, which will NOT happen, so enjoy paying for DayZ twice... The project will be axed before it is finished, mark my words.

Its like walking into a kitchen and complaining that the medium rare filet mignon you ordered is cooked wrong when it hasn't been placed on the grille yet.

Actually, it is a product they are selling. It is a product I paid for. It is a product that has been on the market for almost four years now... Thus, it is more like ordering the Ribeye meal, medium-well, for $35.00, and they just keep sending out caesar salads.... For almost FOUR YEARS, we've been waiting for our Ribeye, and all we've gotten are caesar salads.....

On the point of steaks, by the way, I could've gotten a big, juicy, perfectly-cooked ribeye meal, with baked potato, salad, and a fucking lobster tail, and enough beer to get me hammered, for $35.... And it would've been a whole HELL of a lot more enjoyable than any minute I've spent on DayZ thusfar...

Edited by t3h_kgb

"WARNING: THIS ribeye meal IS  IN EARLY ACCESS ALPHA grilling. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT the grilling OF THE ribeye AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF ribeye consumption."

• Like 2

Read: "Please do not purchase it unless you want to actively support our cocaine and hookers habit, because the funding CLEARLY isn't going toward game development"

I honestly don't know why I keep responding to this thread... The "community" is so brand-loyal at this point that Bohemia could actually delete DayZ altogether, and they'll STILL call it "progress", and bash and ridicule anyone with actual grievances...

"But, muh early access!" Yeah, just because it's in-progress doesn't mean the developers shouldn't be held accountable for their severe lack of progress and constant failure to meet deadlines and constant failure in implementation of the progress they purport to be making... OR their penchant for slapping a band-aid's worth of programming on their scam so that Steam doesn't drop their scam down to a flash sale price.....

Edited by t3h_kgb

Read: "Please do not purchase it unless you want to actively support our cocaine and hookers habit, because the funding CLEARLY isn't going toward game development"

So you've worked on game development and are rage posting but you are obviously poorly informed about how DayZ has been developed.

This process has changed throughout in scope and breadth and only the most dedicated long term contributors have a truly global view of why things are they way they are in game. This is partly because communication from the devs has been lacking at times and partly because people pour 1,000's of hours into DayZ and can't be bnothered to take 1 hour to read about where it's heading.

Rocket is still in contact with the team, by the way. Peter has also dedicated a lot of time to understanding Rockets vision when he was there and carries it forth quite handily.

If you have 100's of hours, yeah you're full of shit, you enjoyed it, but don't understand Alpha, or the concept of iterating mechanics on an old test bed to later be merged with a new engine.

Also, if $35 is too great of a weight to bear, you might want to start looking for a different line of work than the one you're in now. Years gone by, you bought a $35 cartridge based on a spotty review in a magazine and if you got more than 20 hours out of it you were lucky.

When you're playing the finished game, I hope you feel a tinge of embarrassment when you realize how ignorant you were.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

When you're playing the finished game, I hope you feel a tinge of embarrassment when you realize how ignorant you were.

Much too good to be true.

You are read by these people when it is not "a single syllable" anymore.

3 hours ago, t3h_kgb said:

Don't forget the Lamborghinis!

htMh3wW.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

rage posting

Honestly, I think the others dragged it out of me moreso... I know I can't get a refund anymore. I'd like to, but I can't. The main point behind the entire thread was thus anyways, but the loyal followers just couldn't see that not everything is roses in DayZ. Some points may have been stressed to exaggeration. Still, I stand by my posts and what I've said...

This is partly because communication from the devs has been lacking at times

I understand poor communication, I've watched projects go up in smoke over it... Great projects went down in flames because nobody could figure out what the fuck was going on... If communication is an issue, then I suggest Bohemia restructure its leadership at the DayZ wing, because it very well could cost them the project, especially this late in the game...

and partly because people pour 1,000's of hours into DayZ and can't be bnothered to take 1 hour to read about where it's heading.

I've read about where it's heading... I've read about benchmarks from years ago that have yet to be met... I've read about the history of the development... Sure, there's a whole lot more stuff in DayZ than there was four years ago, but there's still a lot of broken things that seem to be not addressed at all, and instead just sort of buried under all the useless stuff like books and seed packets and drivable vehicles....

If you have 100's of hours, yeah you're full of shit, you enjoyed it,

Boom. You just proved my point from my very first (and second) post(s) in the thread. How do you know I enjoyed it? Further, how much time did I say I have spent on DayZ? Because I specifically made it a point to NOT answer that question, if you recall.... In fact, I'll even pull out the quote for you below, because you've proven my point oh so perfectly:

9 hours ago, t3h_kgb said:

I won't tell you my total game time played, because as I said, it's a LOADED QUESTION; there is no correct answer, and any answer is going to be met with a canned response, ridiculing the person who didn't like the game.

Funny how the handful of devotees rush to start bailing water, even though they know they're going down.... Me, I done already grabbed a life jacket and made it to shore already... Would be nice if I could recoup the costs... But it's whatever at this point... Still, I agree with the OP...

Also, if $35 is too great of a weight to bear, you might want to start looking for a different line of work than the one you're in now. Years gone by, you bought a $35 cartridge based on a spotty review in a magazine and if you got more than 20 hours out of it you were lucky.

It's not that I need the money... It's that I would gladly take the refund if offered.... That was, in fact, the original point of the thread, after all..... As for years gone by, I didn't just buy games willie-nillie, and I never did read reviews.... I always either let my friends be the ones to buy games on release and then find out they sucked, or I'd rent them first... Unfortunately, rental has gone by the wayside, and I can't have a DayZ weekend rental (that actually would be REALLY helpful for people who want to try it, but are unsure if they want to part with 30 whole dollars). Had I been able to spend two dollars to rent DayZ for a weekend, I know I wouldn't have paid for the early access... Though, that may very well be a good thing for Bohemia.

Also, I've gotten far more than 20 hours out of most of the games I own, even the ones with little to no replayability... In fact, DayZ is the first game I actually genuinely feel "burned" on...

Like I said, I won't be... I was already burned by Bohemia once, why the hell would I let them burn me twice? Like I said, on the highly unlikely chance they give early access players a copy of 1.0 for free, I might come back and sniff around a little bit... But since there's no chance of that, I won't be... There's a good chance it'll never get finished anyway. It's already an old game, long gone from the pages of the magazines and the minds of the consumers, and worse, has disgruntled many players in the process. At this point, it would be difficult to sell 1.0, and after four more years of development, it will be all but impossible... The marketing math just doesn't add up, and it will continue to get worse as DayZ ages. Maybe people will get it in a $3.99 Bohemia bundle with all the Arma's... But DayZ as a standalone product will be difficult to sell in the future, made all the more difficult as time passes...

3 hours ago, klesh said:

Don't forget the Lamborghinis!

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Lambo's and Herpes!

I have to admit, though, you guys have me laughing at these... X)

Edited by t3h_kgb

instead just sort of buried under all the useless stuff like books and seed packets and drivable vehicles....

Quick, cover up, you're showing your ignorance.

I never did read reviews.... I always either let my friends be the ones to buy games on release and then find out they sucked, or I'd rent them first...

Reviews were all we ever had back in the magazine days.

If you didn't read reviews in game magazines prior to the web, you didn't get game news.

There's just no way you can relate to what I quoted because maybe you are be too young to have lived this reality.

Also, I've gotten far more than 20 hours out of most of the games I own, even the ones with little to no replayability... In fact, DayZ is the first game I actually genuinely feel "burned" on...

Countless 8 bit and 16 bit games were sub 20 hours to beat and cost at least $35.

If you spent more time playing these it's either because you weren't good at them or have low standards or some bizarre need to play a boring game just to say you got your monies worth.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣

You sure do have a warped view of old games....

Magazines were indeed the go-to for videogame news prior to the internet... But I wasn't a fool, I wasn't about to rush out and get the latest shit game because a magazine said I should buy it... Plus, my family was poor, so we didn't have the money to waste on shitty videogames back then (when new games were as expensive, if not more, than games today, but without all the inflation we've had over the past thirty years, so really like 3-4x the felt cost)... Part of the reason I loved Final Fantasy so much; it was a HUGE game, for the day, with DAYS of gameplay! Thus, I let my friends buy the new games first, and I'd buy my own copy later if I wanted... Or, like I said, I'd rent games from the video store, play them, and maybe buy them later if they were worth buying. Maybe you didn't have friends that played videogames like I did, or a video rental store a few blocks down the street or an arcade in your area, but I sure did...

Plus, games CAN be replayed, you know that, right? I can't tell you how many times I played through Lemmings, Wolf 3D, the Commander Keen series, the Megaman games, etc. etc. etc... Also, Mario games were hours upon hours of fun, beating them a multitude of different ways, then beating the second playthrough mode, going for score or coin count versus a friend, etc.! And speaking of which, there was plenty of 2-player kickassery back then... Battletoads, Bad Dudes, tank games, top-scrollers, Galaga, Contra, the Ninja Turtles Manhattan Project (I think it was called) game, Mortal Kombat, etc. etc. etc... Maybe you just got unlucky and bought all the bad games, but I had really good games and played them constantly... I was the first kid on my block to get wrist inflammation from the NES controller!

And I won't even get into how many hours I logged on Goldeneye 64, or Quake II, or Unreal Tournament GOTY.... But, those were post-Internet... Also post-internet I really got into modding (after learning you can take game software and crack it open and edit it to be way cooler than the original, etc. and found people who knew how to do just that and were willing to teach)... Made mods for just about any game I could, from KOTOR to GTA, edited Rainbow Six, the first expansion that I forget the name of atm, and Rogue Spear, cracked all the STALKER games (of course, AFTER beating them proper, because it's not the same when you mod your way to victory), used to make trucks and tracks for Monster Truck Madness 2 and 4x4 Evo, back when we had garbage for modding tools... Anyways, modding was one way to greatly extend the game's replayability... I can't even begin to tell you how many hours I've spent on San Andreas... Mainly because my first few copies didn't come from Steam.... I spent YEARS modding that game, though! Ain't nothing like driving your own pickup through San Andreas.... Until you take that body and put it on a monster truck frame, and make it damage-proof and bulletproof and go on a car crushing spree down the not-exactly-Vegas strip!!

Oh, also, in the interest of full disclosure, I did indeed speedhack/wallhack/godhack a little bit in my infancy, in the Rainbow Six days, but I found it no fun, and haven't since... It's just not for me, I'd rather win or lose proper. Plus, you most likely get banned when you do, and that's never fun...

There were TONS of games that had far less than 20hrs of gameplay to them.... But that doesn't mean you couldn't log 20hrs playing them, especially if they were GOOD games, and you had good friends to play them with...

About the "bizarre need to get your money's worth out of them," that's actually why I kept playing DayZ after passing 2hrs.... I still haven't felt $35 worth of enjoyment from it, though I did see a zombie spawn on the roof of a building at the Tisy base, that was pretty good.... Just sat there and flipped him off for a while, until he magically descended the invisible loading ramp after me... But I didn't pay 35 bucks just for that.... Other than that, ALL other players have at least tried to kill me, most have been successful because most are little bitches and hide in corners waiting for players to merc... One tried to rob me my first day playing.... Second day playing some dude tried to kill me with a shovel for literally no reason other than to kill me.... Funnily enough, I killed him with a pipe wrench (or maybe machete, not sure at the moment) before he could beat me to death with the shovel. The shovel guy was when I decided to start playing lowest-population servers only, though thanks to the devs dumbing down the server list interface, it's hard to find actually empty servers, and instead I just get shot in the back all the damned time.... But, if I wanted to be constantly attacked, I'd go find a Vegans Only message board or something.... Or just get on 4chan and post that I believe in God and wait for all the autistic atheists to come ranting and raving and foaming at the mouth about muh spaghetti monster.... They certainly wouldn't cost me $35.

But no, I played and replayed my old games because that's what we had, and we played them because we loved them!

Edited by t3h_kgb