Sign in to follow this  
evil11

Refund

Since you can't get a refund, are you gonna try the game when its finished?  I mean, you're just gonna give yourself high blood pressure sweating a problem you can fix.  Go play something you like, and in a year's time when its out of Beta, give it a whirl.  Don't know what else to tell ya.

At least you got a laugh out of the pictures.

• Like 1

Like I said, if they give early access customers free access to 1.0, I might pop in and check it out a bit, but it's highly unlikely to happen that way...

46 minutes ago, t3h_kgb said:

Like I said, if they give early access customers free access to 1.0, I might pop in and check it out a bit, but it's highly unlikely to happen that way...

You first said you played games that had -20 hours even if they had little replay value which makes no sense.

Then you contradicted yourself by trying to use games that DO have replay value as an example.

Also, you definitely did not read all of my relatively short posts or internalize their meaning and merely cherry picked things ascribing your own meanings to my words to try to validate your weak stance here.

14 hours ago, t3h_kgb said:

broken things that seem to be not addressed at all, and instead just sort of buried under all the useless stuff like books and seed packets and drivable vehicles....

This statement alone invalidates everything you say and makes having this conversation with you a lot like trying to discuss the current state of politics with a Trump supporter. Complete ignorance of the facts while voting against your best self interests (a really great game when it's done or say, universal health care).

Also, hacking in any game, whether you still do or not, shows what kind of gamer you are at your core and makes me happy you won't be in DayZ.

AND HEY MISTER INFORMED!

YOU ONLY PAY ONCE FOR DAYZ.

TXZydWg.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, donkennedy01 said:

as far as im aware we wont pay twice for the game. correct me if im wrong

You are correct.  Everyone that owns the game now will have access to the 1.0 release and the subsequent updates, patches etc

Leave your silly political ideologies OUT of the discussion. You don't know who I voted for, and you damn well DON'T know my political opinion... The thread was about possible refunds, and you've come here picking my opinion apart trying to make yourself feel better for your own inadequacies... That's the only reason I can see for you to constantly be crying in this thread...

What, exactly, is the use of seed packets and books? Sure, you can make some tinder out of the book, but you can make tinder and such from trees too, and they're far more widely available in-game... NEVER will you be in an area in DayZ where you can't get to some wood to build a fire, whereas books are spawning loot, and largely pointless. I don't play videogames to read books; I have plenty of books in the real world I can read, many of them the same (or similar contents) as the ones in-game... Further, I'm not about to sit and wait around for peppers to fucking grow; there's plenty of canned foods, apples, kiwis, etc. all over the map. WHY would I bother digging a garden plot and planting seeds and waiting to harvest them? This isn't Farmville, it's DayZ... Finally, why the FUCK should I worry about trying to hunt down and gather each individual spark plug, wheel, door, fender, seat, radio, auto glass, et. al. to put a car back together, when I can just hold W and sprint key, and get to where I'm going, looting along the way? Sure, it may not be as fast as a car or some such, but hunting down car parts just to hope and pray nobody came along with the right part and stole your car you've been rebuilding (or camping your vehicle waiting to merc your ass because DayZ), just sounds like a massive waste of time to me... Maybe if they implemented dirtbikes and quads that you can hop on and run, or maybe need gas or something, that wouldn't be too bad.... But I'd worry about fall damage; should you end up hitting a tiny rock and getting more than 1/2 inch of air, you're going to most assuredly break both your legs (as again, humans are made of glass in DayZ, and even a fall off a flight of stairs at the third goddamned stair tread will result in a chipped ankle and ruined boots... There's a reason we can't jump in-game; we'd break both our legs jumping straight up on flat ground)....

At least the garden lime can be used to tan leathers and stuff, if you go that route, but with animals being somewhat rare (and wolves being something you want to hide and log-out if you encounter them, again because humans are made of glass in this game and even a wolf's howl will make you bleed to death or ruin your gear), it's sort of a waste of time to be fucking around trying to make leather stuff, when the entire point of DayZ is to go to the military bases and loot military items...

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

You first said you played games that had -20 hours even if they had little replay value which makes no sense.

Then you contradicted yourself by trying to use games that DO have replay value as an example.

They were the first ones to pop into my mind, the ones I played the most... Doesn't mean I didn't log plenty of hours on Top Gun or Duck Hunt. Stop being a crybaby just because I dared to speak out against your beloved jogging simulator. Don't you have anything better to do? Like holding W and sprint?

2 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Also, hacking in any game, whether you still do or not, shows what kind of gamer you are at your core and makes me happy you won't be in DayZ.

You don't know a goddamned thing about me. :D

But, if we're playing the assumption game, I'm betting you're at LEAST 75lbs overweight, you perpetually smell of Cheetos and Mountain Dew, and are the type of pussy to ambush players because you're too scared and weak to do your own looting..... See? I can make baseless accusations and insults too! :D

23 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

You are correct.  Everyone that owns the game now will have access to the 1.0 release and the subsequent updates, patches etc

Then I stand corrected, and there is indeed a slight chance I might come back to check out 1.0.... But, it's going to have to be pretty phenomenal in order to get me to play regularly, or even continue playing... We'll see, when (if) we get to 1.0....

Edited by t3h_kgb

On 7/14/2017 at 1:52 PM, t3h_kgb said:

See? I can make baseless accusations and insults too! :D

On 7/14/2017 at 11:37 AM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

^^^This is an insult? You sure are thin skinned.

Hacking is the lowest form of gaming life, which you admitted to.

Here's a real insult: You're obviously a moron bringing your empty trolling blocks of text here, which are as empty and withered as certain parts of your anatomy.

Is that what you came here for, to a message board of hardcore fans of this game? For abuse?

Have fun being really really ignorant, and really really idiotic.

Go on to the next message board where you can vent your petty frustrations like a semi literate child devoid of debate or reading comprehension.

I'll enjoy contributing and engaging to this great game and community.

You're just forgotten troll #32,721 that comes on here to piss and moan with ill informed self important myopic drivel.

Bye bye.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
Civility.
  • Like 1

t3h_kgb

after going through this topic and most of the replies that you wrote this sums it up quite accurately...

EDIT: Why is this not in graveyard ?

Edited by smofi
Edit

This one time, I went to the movies.. and it was terrible. I could have asked for my money back, but I sat through the whole thing. That would have made me a dick in my eyes, so I did not ask for my money back.

This other time, the movie got all messed up in the beggining and turned into this giant seizure machine. I walked out after 2 minutes of flickering screens, and crazy digital noise. I asked for my money back, and got it easily.

Its a huge difference when you "finish" something as a consumer and ask for your money back, versus you have barely got the chance to experience it and ask for it. 

How about just wait it out.. and enjoy that $30-40 down the road once the game is finished? Since you knowingly bought into an early access game, I dont see why anyone would ask for anything back before the game is done or the devs quit working on it?

Edited by Irish.

I too want my money back but then I know i am not getting it, 4 or 5 years in development I finally managed to trick my friend to try it with me, as we haven't played dayz sa for over a year by now maybe 2. Surely things are better now or so we thought. After all its over 4 years in development... Lets go see the new trees they talked about at least!  

Well it all started well, I say well there are some issues that are noticeable right away; floating loot, and my character size was the funniest part, why make a character bigger than door frames? It was some industrial building me and a friend died in trying escape from bandits looking like total noobs or retards when we realize we couldn't fit through the frame; like there was an invincible wall in-front of us, we died!  

We now on our second attempt my friend finds a tent near quary with bunch of weapons we could not believe our luck feeling good now, and we are like so what who cares about dying before its still in development, they don't care about minor issues like door size or terrain sharp edges its only been 4 to 5 years, its not polished yet, who cares the zombies animation and art look like a game from 80s! we found a lot of weapons we are going to enjoy this Right????

Well we hear shots on the hill behind us, but we are good we have assault rifles, thinking they have the height advantage its best not too approach directly I go on a big loop around to surprise the bandit, soon realize that the slight terrain elevation causes my player to walk so slow, slow enough to make the playing experience far from realistic and so so fucking painful. Finally I am now there, in a good position so I think! He should be around here somewhere I can see my friend in a building down there and I am thinking the sneaky little bandit has a great view no wonder why he is here and chose this hill.

Searching for him I soon realized he is still above me when I look up and see him slightly above me in the hill I looked directly at him and i would say his feet in the distance are about my head height, I am now excited this bandit is so dead I got him! he is not far yet not too close, he is in a good range and he does not see me yet!  so I proceed to my weapon and now I am trying to get my kill I aim my gun sight but I can not point high enough to even get his feet. I am like are you kidding me!!!! so now I got to hike very very slowly further up without him noticing HOW WHY!

Guess what he spots me now I have the task to try to run away only problem is going down hill is just as painful and slow as going up This is a joke! the hill is not that steep at all! I run down and occasionally aim back at him but my gun sight still doesn't aim above. My friend has no choice but to start coming up towards to help i am getting shots but somehow he is missing. He comes up find himself in the same situation as me. It is beyond ridiculous that your game is still selling on steam. This whole experience lasted  15 -20 mins 19 mins of it was mainly walking on egg shell because my player would not run at any slight elevation its nuts, its crazy and its safe to say it is the shitiest game I have ever played! I will uninstall and wait another 5 years. 

PS: battleground playerunknown was a mod on arma, look what they achieved in 1 month and how popular that game is, now .  Do you really think this game will be around in another 4 or 5 years when its finally playable?

Edited by AggrOnline

On 18.07.2017 at 2:33 AM, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Well you are playing the old dayz standalone the new dayz standalone will start when .63 comes out.

So, what will be in the 0.63 update? Some more useless junk like brand new t-shirts, masks and most importantly the ability to cook mashed potatoes?
Seriously, bughemia have cut fundung and resources on dayz developemt, there is no due date, no refunds and no effort on making something with game.
Community will belive to any lies in so called "status reports", there are some updates which change basically nothing, "but it is still a progress", bughemias marketing team will feed any bullshit to "hardcore fans" and they will chew it and ask for more.
Here is how to release "a major update" fot dayz, make some new skins, break some gameplay feature and fix it in the next small patch, promise big changes, but dont change anything at all cuz F*CK customers, and hamsters will be glad anyway.
Apparently if you have bought this game, played it in different stages of so called "development" and you are disappointed with progress you can only sit in silence according to the majority of community.

I bet Half Life 3 will be released earlier than DayZ Standalone will hit beta (dayz wont be playable at all, trust me).
I bet bughemia will stop development in 2018 and announce dayz2 or something like that just to try to compete with PUBG (generally vast majority of dayzs community want to hunt, not to raise seeds).
I bet they will fail.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2017 at 6:16 PM, evil11 said:

So, what will be in the 0.63 update? Some more useless junk like brand new t-shirts, masks and most importantly the ability to cook mashed potatoes?

Wow, you really have no fucking idea what your talking about do you?

Before you make assumptions, at least research first... xD

Good job bro...