Sign in to follow this  
Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.137022

Hello Survivors!

We have a new update for Experimental branch today.

What is new?

• Fireplaces can be placed in houses.
  • Thunder and lightning should not be appearing randomly on the sky anymore.
  • Vehicles should not fall through terrain.

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

• Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
  • Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
  • Issues with door states can occur
  • Damage being delayed

• Like 9

Sweeeeet ^_^ Fireplaces galore! 

Thanks guys! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Thunder and lightning should not be appearing randomly on the sky anymore.

^ THISSSS!! Good job devs, amazing job done recently, this is starting to get polished...
Hope vehicles arrive stable town soon :))

• Like 2

Cool! Thanks for the details

• Like 1

It was a bad week to not have fireplaces working...

silver brass knuckles do not wield properly and they cannot be swung as a weapon

*Repeat suggestion.

Ponchos (common) and rain covers for backpacks (uncommon) definitely should have a place in DayZ.

Here's my Blue and Yellow Mountain backpack fairly well stuffed (actually expands longer vertically) for the trip to my girlfriends place in Brooklyn.

Tonight there is snow in the forecast so I am packing all of my rain gear for the ride home tomorrow.

In the first pic you can see my Carhartt rubber rain pants rolled up and secured inside the netting on one side (the pink bag on the other side is my tube replacement kit).

I'll wear the rain jacket and boots (Brown rubber Boggs) today though it's dry, they are great for the -0 temps as well.

The Camelback branded rain cover on my bag keeps the back pack surprisingly dry!

It all kind of took the shape of an ALICE pack so I wanted to share for that reason as well... :P

2iDqQyOm.jpg

ZioPi8fm.jpg

PRJ5oium.jpg

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 2

zombies hit heads very very hard. Destroyed a pristine motor bike helmet in one hit. hmmm. I lived though.

For those wondering: there seems to be a persistence wipe but no character wipe this patch.

yeah the vehicles are hilarious :

Edited by koffeekage
correct video error

4 hours ago, koffeekage said:

yeah the vehicles are hilarious :

Hide contents

anyone tried using the fireplace in houses yet?

Lol the video is just pitch black for me, i can see the text but that's it.

And now with the thunder and lightning fix, I'm just waiting for that updated sfx and flash of bright light in the sky. I'm gonna be intentionally looking for a raining server just to play with that.

• Like 1

Last night I learned that Trumpet sucks against zeds. Not even headshot kills them. And its loud. Zeds aggro from greater distance, cause bleeding more often and ruin clothes. Some zeds didn't jump over fences.

Edited by igor-vk

16 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Oh hey.... @Baty Alquawen the other Experimental thread is still open!

I know, I need to close it. Thank you .

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PongoZ said:

silver brass knuckles do not wield properly and they cannot be swung as a weapon

Thank you for this information.

I played on SNG-01 and only other player drove past me. If it wasn't night I'm sure he would run me over.

5 hours ago, igor-vk said:

Last night I learned that Trumpet sucks against zeds. Not even headshot kills them. And its loud. Zeds aggro from greater distance, cause bleeding more often and ruin clothes. Some zeds didn't jump over fences.

That is true... I really don't like it either. Would be really nice to see that these weapons can at least kill an infected one shot into the head. I hope new damage system will be able to provide this feature :)

• Like 1

So, driving a V3S and the server crashes.  I'm back where I last entered the truck.  The truck is not there.  Is it gone?  A predictable spot?

12 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

So, driving a V3S and the server crashes.  I'm back where I last entered the truck.  The truck is not there.  Is it gone?  A predictable spot?

So, think I figured the answer out.  Guess all non-persistent items reset on a server crash.  Bc none of the vehicles were in the spots I had seen them in the last 20 minutes.  :sadbanana:  I had 2 barrels on that truck.

Also, the helicrash where I respawned was gone, but all the loot was still on the ground.