Exp Update 0.61.136770

Last build push of the week:

- Continued fixes to address server perf drop off
- Fix for AI not dealing damage to players
- Adjustments to Melee Audio
- Adjustment to VOIP levels
- Potential fix for "Invisible body parts"
- Fix for a common server crash
- Prep commits to address lack of crack/whizz when being fired at by high speed projectiles

We'll have some of the servers with persistence off for some back end testing we're doing, and we'll be messing with AI population for the purposes of profiling. Other than that, not too much different with this build.

As always, when a build is on Exp/Unstable it is there for testing - so the aim is to find out if these changes were effective. Please file tickets on any issues you find at feedback.dayz.com.
Expect character wipes for every exp update moving forward folks!

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

Other issues include but are not limited to:

- Infected vocal sounds being too quiet
- Infected footsteps very quiet
- Infected do not do damage to players when attacking
- Infected response to firearm types is uniform (aka suppressed weapons do not have the proper impact on them)
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry

• Like 9

Awesome, thank you for your hard work.

Please consider the size of the coyote backpack, it is massive for the amount of slots it has. Noone would prefer taking that over other backpacks, not worth the 3/7 extra slots.

Maybe make it 40 slots?

Edited by terminator312
  • Like 1

When do you guys go on break?

11 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

- Prep commits to address lack of crack/whizz when being fired at by high speed projectiles

We'll have some of the servers with persistence off for some back end testing we're doing, and we'll be messing with AI population for the purposes of profiling. Other than that, not too much different with this build.

As always, when a build is on Exp/Unstable it is there for testing - so the aim is to find out if these changes were effective. Please file tickets on any issues you find at feedback.dayz.com.
Expect character wipes for every exp update moving forward folks!

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

Other issues include but are not limited to:

- Infected vocal sounds being too quiet
- Infected footsteps very quiet
- Infected do not do damage to players when attacking
- Infected response to firearm types is uniform (aka suppressed weapons do not have the proper impact on them)
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry

9 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Build 0.61.136737

according to trello, alice backpack is still in testing

20 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Excited to be able to interact with people again. I think this is a large part of why .61 exp has been more KOS-like; because it's too painful to try to interact. (I'm sure it won't be perfect this build, but nice to see some progress on it)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, pixel115 said:

I haven't seen anyone with the alice backpack but it should be spawning.

any proof of it actually being IN the central loot eco? it can be in the game.. but if its not 'activated' in central loot... you wait wait until you grow roots.. but then it aint comin' 

Wake up people, the game does not revolve around one of many backpacks. Find out if the rest is going....and hope 

59 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

This one is really important to me. Can't wait until it works again :)

Also, can we expect some client side performance tweaks in 0.61 or 0.62? I get huge perf drops near trees and with the upcomming forest overhaul of 0.62 I fear its only going to get worse for my poor machiene.

Edited by gekker
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, gekker said:

This one is really important to me. Can't wait until it works again :)

Also, can we expect some performance tweaks in 0.61 or 0.62? I get huge perf drops near trees and with the upcomming forest overhaul of 0.62 I fear its only getting worse for my poor machiene.

Read the OP...

44 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

21 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

Read the OP...

Server performance is not client side performance and has nothing to do with your fps.

EDIT: I will make clear which kind of performance I am talking about :)

Oh, and fixing performance drop off does not equal performance increase. It only ensures that performance stays on a level over time. Just want to clear things up.

Edited by gekker

Lol can you really die from an improvised fireplace almost instantly by being too close to it? DayZ continues to impress me. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, clipartcat said:

Lol can you really die from an improvised fireplace almost instantly by being too close to it? DayZ continues to impress me. 

Well. I'd allways assumed you should die.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terminator312 said:

Awesome, thank you for your hard work.

Please consider the size of the coyote backpack, it is massive for the amount of slots it has. Noone would prefer taking that over other backpacks, not worth the 3/7 extra slots.

Maybe make it 40 slots?

Yeah I thought it would have much more space than it does, it looks like another person strapped to the wearers back but its not that big inside. 

13 minutes ago, clipartcat said:

did you get the "my face is melting" message? Did you put in a trouble ticket in the feeedback tracker.

I got an Alice Backpack, 40 slots, the colour fits my soul^^

posting ss in a few min

here they are: (btw, how to make spoliers?)

19DA7C618E7D9A43A2D9B0A361FF1221BB245C02

1BBD959CE443F2982545A613788746CDC716394E

AD8060AF43B8C055AE1A9E2E6F797C6D491ABF17

A2DC136C0037834B680EF778E9CB20BFC3D17085

Edited by HaseDesTodes
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, clipartcat said:

Yes, Your health and blood will drop quite fast, some flames on screen and loud screams would help knowing you are burning other than "your face is melting" message.

Edited by Wili