Baty Alquawen

Let's talk about new animations

We are working on new animations now (video here). 

We werw in our MoCap studio few weeks ago and it was amazing! What do you think we are preparing? 

What animation would YOU like to see in DayZ? :)

7tZDeIn.jpg

Edited by Baty Alquawen
  • Like 5

Okey now, this is a good discussion :)

I would like to see a different animation for running up hills, im asking this frequently from day 1 of development. running up hills is so clunky and awful ATM. 

• Like 4

1. Jumping in place to peek over an object, like a large fence.
2. Updated jumping over small fences, while walking or running.
3. Player Climbing over large fences.
4. Diving below water surface (deep water bodies).
5. Waving rag in hand high in the air to surrender.

• Like 3

Stabbing animation (with knife), better eating animations, repairing cars animations (screwenig bolts on wheels)....

• Like 5

i guess you have some of those already on your list:

attacking with weapon buttstock and bajonet

cutting down wirefences with a wirecutter and/or bolt-cutter

dragging and carrying bodies

Arma 3 combat stances and weapon resting

hand drill kit animations

rapelling from a helicopter

small jumps onto objcets

acting dead (collapsing)

aiming more than 45° up

more different meele animations for each weapon

• Like 5

As some have mentioned, getting a smooth transition up and down hills would be great.
A way to climb walls, not infected jumping over them, leave that to them, but as a proper climb/roll over would be great.

Carrying/dragging bodies/wounded.
Buttstock strike and pistol strike.
Kinda still want a defensive mechanic in melee as well. Not a 100% block chance or anything but with a significant damage reduction depending on what you block with.

Obviously blocking an axe with your fists would just make it worse :D

Oh and I still want to have a sig after I finish my meals ;)

• Like 2

Zombies jumping you and pushing you on the ground.

Like others have mentioned I'd like to see climbing for sure, like the enhanced movement mod for ArmA 3 only better. :)

• Like 4

Squatting animation instead of/in addition to just sitting down.

Climbing animation for fences as well as the functionality to go with it. It's kind of unfair that zombies can climb fences but players cannot.

Smoking animation and cigarettes to go with it.

• Like 2

to Climb the walls and fances, to climbe garages and low walls.. like in Grand theft Auto San Andreas and so on.. 

Like others mentioned above 

- Stabbing with the knife behind the enemy/zombie instant kill -

- whistle (let you mate hear you or to confuse enemy) -

- pretend to be dead (there is already animation when you fast run and try to drop a melee weapon , dunno if its fixed )

- getting infected (changing a colour and body look , after zombie wounded you ) -

- Climbing on the threes/rocks -

- Digging the ground to make a small bunker -

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kerbo said:

Like others have mentioned I'd like to see climbing for sure, like the enhanced movement mod for ArmA 3 only better. :)

I was going to say that!!!

• Like 1

Normal human animations such as. 

-Eye,  nose,  ear,  face,  neck scratching.  

-Sick animations sneezing,  coughing,  wipe nose,  holding stomach before vomiting. 

-Nursing wounds such as holding or constricting. Grabbing a hold of the spot you are bleeding from for example. 

• Like 1

-make running up hills a bit less realistic, at the moment it feels like such a drag

-ability to jump over walls and fences, just like the zombies without getting injured

-digging and making trenches or underground hideouts like the op said would be interesting if it is possible

-better, more responsive animations when hitting zombies

-make the animations for searching for apples, sticks, stones, quicker

-if a player falls from height and they have a backpack on, I know this sounds far fetched but perhaps they could take their backpack off mid air and use it to land on

55 minutes ago, sotirissmix said:

"Squatting animation instead of/in addition to just sitting down."

Bro, Squatting slavs with Tracksuits and Ak's. 

Do we really want that in Dayz? :P

Also, The slow speed uphill is a different problem(Player controller?). I remember beeing pissed of at that in Arma 2 and the early days of the Mod as well.

He Ragdolled. That's been in for a while now. 

Edited by dallebull

- Drag uncounscious or dead players,

- combat stances just like in Arma 3,

- diferent ways to throw items (for example if you want to throw a grenade above a wall and want it to land just behind, not 30m away),

- stabbing,

- climbing and be able to help other players climbing, 

- shoot while behind under cover.

Dear developer team,

in a real combat scenario, when you emptied your 3 magazines you are pretty much f*****d without a sidearm.

In Dayz people only have to drag rounds onto their mags and their good to go! (Making those sidearms pretty much useless)

In my opinion a realism oriented game like DayZ should include animations for filling your mags because it reqiures you just as in the real world,

to be well prepared and sparing with the rounds you fire.

This 75 drum mag will take about at least minute of filling time in real life so all this safety of having plenty of rounds, comes at a price.

Oh and would it kill the fun?

I actually don't think so. People wait already, till their meat is cooked, till they are finished drinking and many other things.

For me it would only bring the game another bit closer to a realistic survival experience and ask even more survival thinking and preparation from

the players.

Thank you for reading!!

Greeting

freerider3434

Watch this video and you'll know why we need magazine-filling time for more realistic combat:

[^]

• Like 4

As many people said, I'd like to see:

- Melee animations (weapon buttstock attack/push, knife stabbing, defending (with hands or weapons)
- Ledge/fence vaulting & wall climbing
- Landing animations (when you jump from a safe height like a 2m wall/platform)
- Arma3 combat stances
- Cover/peek system (ala Splinter Cell or other games)
- Drag bodies (Players and/or Infected)
- Various other animations like repairing a car, patching up a wound or lighting a fire.
- Asseble/dissassemle weapons for repairing (doesn't have to be too realistic)

PS: PLEASE ADD A WALK/RUN TOGGLE

have always wanted to see animations (and corresponding sounds where appropriate) for:

- being cold, being hypothermic
- being hot, hyperthermic
- starving, illness etc.

but also a corresponding animation and sound when the player has recovered from those states.

saves having to break immersion by checking status.

would love to see some good

• different unarmed combat animations
  • kicking animation(s)
  • pushing animation(s)
  • animation + stance: lying on back/getting up from lying directly into sitting stance
  • animations or at least one generic animation for when you craft items from your inventory
  • animations or at least one generic animation for "fumbling/rummaging" in your backpack
  • animations or at least one generic animation for looting chests/containers
  • animation for changing body-items such as: shoes, gloves or helmets or basically an generic animation that immediately indicates what you are doing at the moment
  • (at least one) wading animations when walking through waist/chest-high water
  • (at least one) walking animation taking into account very steep slopes

it basically boils down to:

other players should always know and visually recognize what one is doing right at the moment be it changing clothes, crafting items, sorting items in your backpack etc.

@Baty Alquawen are team-animations onn the table? e.g. helping each other over large walls/fences

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 2

1.   I agree with the jumping ideas that folks have brought up. However, like sprinting should be, there should be a limit on how many times you can jump and how high based on stamina and load being carried. 

2.   Movement uphill AND downhill needs work. Depending on incline\decline, the character could be slipping or stumbling and even on all fours while climbing up the steepest hills.

• Like 2

Sharpening animation, sorting ammo animation (in his left hand), sewing animation, cleaning firearms... I want a bunch of things to do around a campfire. :D

• Like 1