Sign in to follow this  
Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136240

37 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I carried a skate helmet, duct tape, and a spare cowboy hat all weekend to see if I could stay alive by repairing my hat while they attacked.

Couldn't find the damn things.

I like the idea of them doing decent damage but anything bigger than a 22 should at least take the fight out of them in one shot.

Realistically wolves that would have survived and bred that close to farms would just know to take the long way around anything human smelling or metallic sounding unless they were rabid or damn hungry. 

My cowboy hat was damaged, but I was wearing a pristine gas mask.  They seem to be much more organized now, for sure.  They were even able to hit me numerous times while I ran then a couple kM.
I got back to my body in 8 minutes and both my, and my new friend Bubba's bodies were nowhere to be found, but the wolves were grouped where they should have been.  I thought bodies stuck around for ten minutes.  Do the wolves eat dead bodies until nothing is left?  Anybody wanna volunteer for some science?

Also, I got a Cherno spawn on the new character, and ran clear to Dubky before I saw any infected.  I spawned on the east side of Cherno by the piano house, and ran through the Eldorado construction project, past the Novoselky outskirts and up the road to the west Dubky barns before I saw any.

Did they scale -back the infected this go-around?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Woopie said:

Being pushed back into buildings or through walls seems to be a big issue again for me at this last patch. It was better for me last week.

I think this is the reason ->

Today will be just a small update. We merged server performance improvements into experimental branch, which introduced some new bugs, like gear despawning for remote players (that's also the reason why you can't hear some gunshots - because remote players don't have weapon in their hands).

Anyway, we fixed this issue and it should be available in the next experimental update. New server performance improvements won't be enabled, as we have to deal with some new server crashes. When these are resolved, we will enable these improvements.

From the status report today.

• Like 1

Rollback rollback!! Please :)

Last couple hours: connection to host lost. No message received... Had a cooking pot copy itself when there was a no message received. The contents were from a message received before that. 

Good things: pvp sync seems much better. Sounds were good for weapons. Char sounds still not there (eating drinking etc) Unconsious recovering seems more frequent. 

Last build more stable tho. Stable enough for stable as far as im concerned.

It won`t be rollback patches. I only played about 2 hours this evening, but it seems the server performance is not good enough at the moment. And it should not be fps decrease when other players are nearby similar to car fps issue earlier in 0.60. 

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Where's the status report thread?   -Snip-

I think we all know what happened the last time a status report was released as a forum topic.  So maybe they removed the discussion portion and instead included much more information about current progress and future plans.  I thought this was one of the best SR to date, lots of good information, and fewer distractions tagged on at the end.

Keepin' it on topic; who wants to help test whether or not wolves completely eat our dead bodies in a manner of minutes?  Does anybody have any ideas about what the new predator AI tweaks might be yet?

55 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

*snip*

Keepin' it on topic; who wants to help test whether or not wolves completely eat our dead bodies in a manner of minutes?  Does anybody have any ideas about what the new predator AI tweaks might be yet?

How would you test that? 

How do they react to groups of player? 

They seem to just lock on to me and I cant get them to drop agro.

Infected seem to be more aware, my same sneak tactics were not working as well or nearly as close.

Pretty sure one heard me and came charging around a corner even though he couldn't see me, doubt it was another player as other infected in the area remained unaware.

You know what would be really awesome? Being able to put the pistol scope on the repeater!

I had a really good time with the new exp patch today, and the status update was exceptionally good too. It covered a lot of the 'under the hood' topics I was wondering about lately (though I always end up hungry for more with about a dozen follow up questions after reading SU's like those), and I really appreciated the general breakdown of the nature of the problems they are facing - the zed vs player physics, especially.

I also really dig the idea of spreading out the military tents instead of adding a whole bunch of new ones. While I don't know where they all are yet, I hope that in the future a way can be found to make Novodmitrovsk a place that will attract players to it, rather than it often being a town that many just pass through. It's such a beautifully designed place for extended PVP both for snipers/countersnipers and CQC alike. Given its general proximity to the coast, its going to be difficult for it to find a military loot balance that makes the journey worthwhile to those on the western half of the map, and not make it an easy, one-stop gear-up spot for those just passing through, and over-militarizing the NE corner of the map in general, which IMHO should remain as more of a backwater wilderness as possible. If only Novod and Severograd were swapped somehow... but I digress. 

The animation sample video was really interesting too. The animations themselves look great, and appear significantly more natural, but does anyone else feel that the raise/lower weapon movement seems unusually fast? I assume that it will be adjusted as it develops, but that was the only nit-picky thing I noticed. One question though - while I seem to be able to cancel most animations now, I have been running into an issue when drinking from a well that I need to look about 30 degrees right or left to get the option to cancel. In what way is that action different from other actions - is the 'action area' (for lack of a better term) of the well model involved in some way, or is it something on the player's side of things? 

In this new patch, I noticed that you now seem to be restricted to certain trees when harvesting bark (IIRC, that was either present in past versions, or intended to be). At first I thought it was a bug, and the new autumn foliage changes made it a bit harder to figure out for a minute or two, but if that is what is intended, I like it. I have also heard that one can see burning fires from much further away now. Do we have any general idea of what the range is now? Also, does this increased visibility distance also apply equally to seeing the light (and smoke) from fires that are burning inside the fireplaces of houses, as well as the light eminating from gas lanterns?

I also have encountered a new bug (it may have been in the previous patch, but I'm not sure) when attempting to skin a chicken I killed. I have only been able to test it twice myself, but it seems that after you kill a chicken, and switch to the knife to begin cutting, the only option you see is to hide the body. The way to get around that is to first approach the dead chicken with your knife in your hand, and when you see only the option to hide the body, place the knife back in your inventory, then back into your hands, and the option to “Skin and Quarter the Animal" is then available.

All in all, I am loving .61 - IMHO, it's a great step towards having a much closer balance between PVP & PVE, without compromising either of them in the process.

I know this was a long comment, and there's no easy way to make a TL;DR that covers the points and questions without nearly doubling the length of this. I'm just a long-winded kind of guy.

Edited by chambersenator
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, tw0311 said:

You know what would be really awesome? Being able to put the pistol scope on the repeater!

I don't see how this would make any sense at all, but I agree it would awesome lol

Anybody having any luck finding defib units on this patch?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tw0311 said:

The crafting stations will likely make this possible in the future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a fun time gearing up and picking my way North.

I made it to a large town with a police station and decided to loot more thoroughly.

With just a damaged bat and a chambered P-1 I carefully looted one end of town not seeing many infected initially. As I neared the police station I began seeing many more infected and tried to find a clear path to loot the station. Drawing aggro I bolted into the police station but was not slick enough to close doors before I was surrounded and being thrashed. Squeezing out again I ran to the other side of town loosing the infected on the way and scooping up a magazine for the P-1. Eventually I made it up into the woods nearby to catch rain, eat, and lick my wounds.

After healing most of the way, I made a wide arch around the police station and was able to stealth my way in without aggro. Due to the entire rest of the town being seemingly untouched, I would assume the police station was stripped bare by hoppers.

There wasn't a single piece of loot.

This did not sit well with me so I decided to vent my frustrations on the infected and see how many I could kill.

First I killed a nearby infected with the P-1 which drew many of his friends. They swarmed about, killing a chicken, but the window heights made killing them through the windows difficult for the most part. With 50 rounds to play with, little by little I wore their numbers down and found only a few stragglers wandering about, losing aggro.

I popped out the side door and got behind a farmer infected beating him down with my bat.

dUzbqHm.jpg

Another stood down the street, but not for long.

8vmHsM6.jpg

I would guess I killed maybe 15 infected in all.

I had decent hit detection and less physics "bullying" when in melee with infected, even though I was in a higher ping environment (100+). Infected did not push me through walls in situations where they had in the past.

I wish we had a perfect public hive fix for, server hopping.... sigh.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, DaveB said:

Read op for info on infected pushing players. As for status report, no idea why it's not on forum yet. I readed it on dayz facebook page and it's up on reddit as of now with some nice and juicy info.

well yeah i read that but im not sure pushing players through geometry is the same issue.

SR seem's pretty interesting nowadays :)

Guys, when .62 comes out to stable, does that means we are into beta?! i'm not sure what i read in previous SR :D  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, igor-vk said:

Cool story bro. Id like to play with you some time

Absolutely igor!

When I'm not playing solo I'm usually on TS3 with a couple other of the regulars here.

We use The Riddlers TS3 called Welcome to the Jungle.

Feel free to PM me your Steam name if you like and we'll meet up soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VahidkinG(2ndAcc) said:

Guys, when .62 comes out to stable, does that means we are into beta?! i'm not sure what i read in previous SR :D  

From what i understood, come 0.62, the bulk of the devs will shift there focus to beta milestones,

Experimental servers update.

> hotfix for the most common server crash upon connecting
> server browser filter tweaks
> lightsource intensity tweaked
> temperature growth rate when near fireplace raised
> ignitable items can now be dropped/picked up

No character wipe.

Edited by Baty Alquawen
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, chambersenator said:

I also have encountered a new bug (it may have been in the previous patch, but I'm not sure) when attempting to skin a chicken I killed. I have only been able to test it twice myself, but it seems that after you kill a chicken, and switch to the knife to begin cutting, the only option you see is to hide the body. The way to get around that is to first approach the dead chicken with your knife in your hand, and when you see only the option to hide the body, place the knife back in your inventory, then back into your hands, and the option to “Skin and Quarter the Animal" is then available.

I had no problems skinning and quartering chickens, did it 3 or 4 times yesterday.

So servers are down again? New update incoming?! A heads up from the devs would be nice.

On the low pop servers loot was very plentiful in my opinion. Made it to vybor/ nwaf without picking apples. Ended up with full military gear and an almost all in black except my vest to match my sneakers I found right after spawning in. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, slizzedy said:

I had no problems skinning and quartering chickens, did it 3 or 4 times yesterday.

So servers are down again? New update incoming?! A heads up from the devs would be nice.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, slizzedy said:

Looks like an update during regularly scheduled Wednesday maintenance.    Very efficient!