boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

All we really need are mountable electric and/or hand cranked winches, no?

While on the subject... pulley systems are amazing for so many things.

Just using pulleys for stuff incorporated into base building would be excellent.

I was just thinking how hilarious it would be to set up a clothesline on a couple of pulleys, hang a scarecrow on that thing, and drag it out into a small clearing to draw some fire.  Possible?

Also, I'm gonna try to imbed the videos I recorded last night. Up soon.

Just a reminder.

Infected are not zombies.

They are incredibly sick and desperate people.

Desperate for bullets to the head.

Zombies have to be headshot to be killed.

People do not ;D

I've definitely downed the Infected with shots to the chest. - This makes it more realistic that these people are sick with a virus that has completely rid them of their sanity.

Also, the Devs have confirmed it. Not Zombies :)

Or perhaps I should further expand: They are not UNDEAD.

Edited by Espa
  • Like 2

Realistically, these individuals possess something more like an Intermix of Cotard Delusion (Walking Dead Syndrome) and an extreme form of Rabies.

But they're people. . Unfortunate, suffering, dangerous and psychotic people.

Realistically, these individuals possess something more like an Intermix of Cotard Delusion (Walking Dead Syndrome) and an extreme form of Rabies.

But they're people. . Unfortunate, suffering, dangerous and psychotic people.

K. Still gonna shoot them. In the head whenever possible. 

• Like 4

Haha well duhhhh. Why wouldn't you? xD

• Like 2

Haha well duhhhh. Why wouldn't you? xD

ESpa you remind me of the doctor in day of the dead lol ! He's always trying to figure out the infected , almost sounding sentimental to them ... I know it got bad reviews compared to the others but I love day of the dead just like I love the others :) !

• Like 2

Here are a few videos I took last night while driving around with Girth Brooks, Biohaze, Cold Atrophy, and schwaBAM.

Here, Brooks and I are trying to get the bus out of the gigantic shed that we had parked in overnight.  Riddler popped in to say hello and lament that his work schedule was not letting him play with us folks who took him up on his kind offer to let anyone on the experimental thread use his teamspeak.  It has been immensely useful; thanks again, Riddler.  This video is mostly just BSing while trying to get the bus freed up off a high-center.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0guxvu-8-2Y

At this point, I had given up on the bus being freed under its own power, and ran off to find a truck to help push it free.  Brooks got it unstuck after I ran about a kilometer away.  Apologies in advance, for not turning down the effects volume; this wan an uncomfortable ride.  About halfway to Gorka, I got paranoid about the frame drop (indicative of hitting a network bubble), and guided Brooks to a parking spot.  We also realized that our fares had only just gotten to Gorka, so we decided get back in the bus and continue along the road, having confirmed that we were not followed from Grishino.  We eventually make it down to the intersection and pick up Cold, Bio, and BAM, and head off to Stary Sobor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oXxCHEwoTs

Continuing on through Novy to Stary, Brooks flaunts his exceptional bus driving skills.  We stop at the tents and take some photos, loot around, eat, and have some fun with smoke grenades.  Unfortunately, I was concerned about SSD space, and stopped recording seconds before we had player contact.

https://youtu.be/VUPr1BAVw0w

After the fracas, we get back on the road.  Around 3 1/2 minutes into this video, I see the bus slow down and stop, so I hop out to secure the area.  There was some strange desync here, it seems.  I feel lucky to have not gotten smashed by the bus.  Notice the flashlight desynching back on the road after we are back underway.  I should have hit ShadowPlay a couple minutes sooner, and would have had the brief encounter on record.

https://youtu.be/HGYeP0NZCOY

After a brief stop in ZG to loot and water up, we head on down to the coast and find a sedan.  At this point, I am still nursing my storage, so a good portion of the journey is omitted.  After hitting up Kamenka and Komarovo for tires, we have what we need to get a sedan working.  We picked up "Juantheunlucky" and drop him off south of Pavlovo.  Brooks gets it off the stanchion on the first try by hitting it with the bus, but then has to log for a bit.  The rest of us decide to drive back inland, and somehow I end up in the drivers seat.  The first leg of the trip back north goes fairly smoothly, but I got a little reckless in Bor; luckily, I was able to free it right about the same time I was losing hope.  Looking down on east Drozhino, I decide to open her up, and I soon feel the tires lose their bond with the road.  The video ends with a Chinese fire drill, which must follow every serious collision to get the sedan back roadworthy.

https://youtu.be/7RLHrt2FpJ4

Overall, it was a fun night.

If anybody has any tips for using ShadowPlay, or editing and transferring videos in general.  I would love to learn how to move my videos to a different hard drive without them getting corrupted.  And so here, I just put everything up in raw form.  I really hope somebody sees this soon, and offers some tips/teamviewer help so I can keep taking videos.  I have plenty of storage capability, I just cannot seem to manage to get my files moved intact.

Edited by emuthreat

ESpa you remind me of the doctor in day of the dead lol ! He's always trying to figure out the infected , almost sounding sentimental to them ... I know it got bad reviews compared to the others but I love day of the dead just like I love the others :) !

Hahaha thanks dude! When I'm actually goofing off in game, I'm actually analyzing the Infected and thinking to myself what could really be wrong with them. . What motivates them, what drives them to attack and such. So I take that as a compliment xD

I also sometimes go into Churches alone and give service to the fallen! So far, no one has killed me for doing so hehe.

• Like 1

Everything appeared to be working well with .59 except some problems at nwaf new barracks they are clipping grass into them, and shows up white and flickers. Problems with the SKS 10/10 takes the ammo out and places 10 in the gun.

Many things appear to be buggy for whatever reason, i am guessing copy and paste to the new engine?

things are not lining up right in the code.

i found the infected to be working ok, not the best as they move pretty fast at you when you go to swing.

the hardest part i found was looking for ammo. I would like it increased a tad more.

Edit=almost forgot, the 357 ammo is bugged. Place 357 ammo over another pile to fill up and it disappears. also if you have 4 357 guns in your bags and go to fill them up the ammo disappears.

Huge problems there

Edited by TheSneakyDude

@TheSneakyDude

Sorry, but I just have to ask - why did you have 4 guns that all use .357 ammo? Good find regardless, I'm just curious about how that happened.

Zombies have to be headshot to be killed.

People do not ;D

I've definitely downed the Infected with shots to the chest. - This makes it more realistic that these people are sick with a virus that has completely rid them of their sanity.

Also, the Devs have confirmed it. Not Zombies :)

Or perhaps I should further expand: They are not UNDEAD.

I've said similar many times but we all still say zombie often.

Originally zombies were people in a trance like state and weren't really undead either.

I usually alternate between calling them zombies or infected.

The important distinction is that they are not undead.

Edited by BioHaze

-snip-

If anybody has any tips for using ShadowPlay, or editing and transferring videos in general.  I would love to learn how to move my videos to a different hard drive without them getting corrupted.  And so here, I just put everything up in raw form.  I really hope somebody sees this soon, and offers some tips/teamviewer help so I can keep taking videos.  I have plenty of storage capability, I just cannot seem to manage to get my files moved intact.

I do not see any videos in your post, emu.

I haven't dabbled in much video editing or conversion recently but have you tried converting the files at their storage location with a small standalone program that would then convert and output to another drive entirely?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/svideoconverter/

^This little program is tiny and does not require installation.

It can turn a 4gig MP4 into a 100mb AVI and then drop it in separate drive.

Just my 2 cents... I'm sure someone here knows better.

@TheSneakyDude

Sorry, but I just have to ask - why did you have 4 guns that all use .357 ammo? Good find regardless, I'm just curious about how that happened.

friends, and also i wanted to have 2 guns myself 6 in each = 12 shots to kill you with :) why i found the bug easy enough

• Like 1

Have never seen bolt quivers before. Today I found 2 in the same hunting stand... These seem to be magazines of sorts for the crossbow. Which is strange when you can pile bolts in stacks of 5 in one slot, and these take up 2 slots and can only take 5 bolts... Where's the advantage to using a quiver? Shouldn't it be a kind of a holster for bolts, which you can equip over your clothes? Even if it were so, something more like 10 bolts would make more sense...

Either way, after A LOT of roaming and searching, finally found some prey: a poor goat in the woods north of Msta. Quietly ended it with my crossbow (finally put it to good use!). Went on to loot Msta, where I found one of those "quiet types" who don't answer back, barely equipped, apparently with no ammo but had a Medieval helmet. Weirdo. Scared me shitless, took the best of me not to blast him in the face with my shotty after asking him 10 times to answer back. Decided to retreat to my patched up home, where I can now go fishing, cook me some of the meat and craft me some leather items. Result.

Have never seen bolt quivers before. Today I found 2 in the same hunting stand... These seem to be magazines of sorts for the crossbow. Which is strange when you can pile bolts in stacks of 5 in one slot, and these take up 2 slots and can only take 5 bolts... Where's the advantage to using a quiver?

Those quivers are in since a little while. The use of them is they work like mags, when  your out of bolt, use R or your reload key to load in the bolts from your  quiver.

Edited by DaveB
  • Like 1

Hey everyone! I hope the testing is going well! I've experienced a bit more and decided to add some more to my suggestion list.

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/230454-brother-espas-list-of-desireable-changes/

Most notably is the new section: Other Dangerous Foes

Please have a look and comment if you'd like to see these things implemented - or disagree! I'm open to constructive criticism. ^^

I do not see any videos in your post, emu.

I haven't dabbled in much video editing or conversion recently but have you tried converting the files at their storage location with a small standalone program that would then convert and output to another drive entirely?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/svideoconverter/

^This little program is tiny and does not require installation.

It can turn a 4gig MP4 into a 100mb AVI and then drop it in separate drive.

Just my 2 cents... I'm sure someone here knows better.

Oh great, they all showed up in the preview page. I might need some help getting it straightened out.  Well, I got it to work with links, but i could not get them to embed properly.

Edited by emuthreat

NO!! The Australian servers are gone again!? Why do you do this?  :(

NO!! The Australian servers are gone again!? Why do you do this?  :(

Ya it's a real pain.. I am starting to think it happens when the servers restart - happened at the last 2 restarts. They go off and that's all she wrote.

Edited by madmac

Ya it's a real pain.. I am starting to think it happens when the servers restart - happened at the last 2 restarts. They go off and that's all she wrote.

Like they shutdown but fail to restart? I dunno, why is it only our servers that stay down for days at a time??  <_<

That had me worried that you found my and Brooks' bus. Someone chopped down trees and got it all stuck. It's the blue one with extra batteries and such at the bottom of the inventory.

Edit:  I see yours is on a road. Possibly not the same server.

Sadly I don't think that I'll have a chance to get it running before this hits stable, or it gets taken! (real life shit!)

It's 1.2,k north of Grishino, off the main road, only needed a glow plug; have at it!

Forgot to mention on the Northeast 0-1 server :rolleyes:

Sadly I don't think that I'll have a chance to get it running before this hits stable, or it gets taken! (real life shit!)

It's 1.2,k north of Grishino, off the main road, only needed a glow plug; have at it!

Forgot to mention on the Northeast 0-1 server :rolleyes:

Okay, thanks. I don't know if I'll get back on 3pp for any other reason than to find some SVD mags before the one I found gets wiped.  I might just run by and drop a glow plug in it if I'm in the area.