boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Based on what little we know of zombies, does it make sense for them to react to or be interrupted by a flashbang? Not trying to be a smartass, I'm just curious and trying to think it out logically. Bug, incomplete, or working as intended? I'm wondering the exact same thing about suppressors. Currently, they seem to be aggroing to my VSS just fine. In fact, zombies saved a guy's life last night. We were fired upon and I had him dead to rights and every time I lined up the shot, I got the shit beaten out of the back of my head. They are also still aggroing to a UMP-45 with a pistol suppressor. I had always assumed it was a bug, but someone pointed out to me that they may always hear suppressed weapon fire. It is, after all, not silent.

Do you remember the distance between you and the infected when you shot and pulled aggro with the suppressor? Maybe it's a distance/range thing. Infected to not respond to in-game chat either. Which I would hope that they would. 

Do you remember the distance between you and the infected when you shot and pulled aggro with the suppressor? Maybe it's a distance/range thing. Infected to not respond to in-game chat either. Which I would hope that they would. 

It's very hard to say. In both instances (UMP and VSS), it was dark and I didn't see where they came from exactly. I can say with some certainty that when I noticed the UMP aggro, at least one of them was within 25 meters or so. With the VSS instance I was talking about, I didn't aggro them initially, or at least I don't think I did. They may have been aggroed to the area by unsuppressed shots and then visually saw me.

*Addendum

I was really tired when I wrote the post from last night and when I had almost finished I hit the back button on my mouse and lost half of what I had originally typed.

Key moments I left out of the story....

Being trolled by Cold when he set a flashbang off behind me as we waited for the bus.

Everything went black (no flash) and I thought I was sniped.

I proclaimed I was dead but then realized I saw no text stating I was dead and I heard the tell tale ringing.

Once it was discovered I had fallen victim to a flashbang, everyone had a good laugh.

Also worth noting, emu managed to spin the sedan out on a fast downhill and put her in a ditch.

Thankfully after a sad moment lamenting the lose of the car he did get her up out of the ditch.

Aand just as night fell, he gave over the reigns to Cold.

*edited original post for accuracy, punctuation, and spelling as well

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 8

Passenger desynch is very greatly improved.

The worst things I saw as a passenger seemed more related to load time hitches associated with approaching dense areas.

Player position synch seemed to function well.

Infected interaction was more polished than previous iterations and was possibly some of the best infected interaction I have ever seen in the SA (I would have to find/kill more to gel my thoughts on this).

Brooks watched me slaughter a female infected with a splitting axe and I had to swing at least 4 times (missing once), with 2 head shots and a body shot to kill (if I remember correctly).

Infected seem pretty robust in these builds requiring a little extra bash or another round if you're not being frosty with headshots.

Swapping weapons with the hot bar can be risky business.

Weapons that can occupy the back will swap with a long arm if you only key the hot bar for the long arm. I've lost a couple of guns this way and it sure was frustrating.

You need to make sure to put things away with their own hot bar key before taking out another or risk it going into the wrong space.

Previously, items "remembered" where they were originally stored and would go to that space if free.

Loot is spawning in little groups in this patch.

A large gray shed had 4 jackets and a hoodie inside.

A house had 4 hats in 1 room.

On 1 stove in an upstairs only house we found a Carbine, a double barrel, and a retractable baton neatly laid out.

From what I saw it wasn't to the order of a lootsplosion and I liked seeing it somehow.

It added to the apocalyptic vibe like people had ripped stuff out of the closets before running out, or someone had their weapon stash out ready to make a final stand and spent every last round....

I did see some people with animation stuck sliding either kneeling or standing.

This was usually quickly fixed by doing something with hands.

Vehicles are still too loud while inside them.

I'm also looking forward to changing/choosing seats in the bus.

Currently you are forced to occupy the seats in a specific order.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 5

I've got a bus almost ready to ride just a about a 1.2km north of Grishino, just could use some help getting another tire and a spark plug.

PM me or visit The Riddlers teamspeak to help out.

http://imgur.com/4EkvNSS

Bus engine noises are way worse than the torque issue right now. Can barely have a convo while driving. I feel kinda proud knocking that car off the guardrail things with the bus...surprised I was able to hit it and not kill Emu in the process xD

• Like 3

Shortly after logging in ColdAtrophy received a message from emuthreat and at almost the same time he happened to receive a message from schwaBAM and in short order we had a possible 5 man posse.

schwaBAM was easily met on the way to Gorka, all the while we listened to emuthreat and Girth Brooks start the bus, get the bus caught, unstick the bus (thankfully), and finally make their way to meet up.

xWHcPDv.jpg

Once in Gorka, Girth Brooks and emuthreat arrived with their glorious chariot.

8C5ZDBk.jpg

Then we made our way to a lot near some barns and military tents and took a short break.

3DnPm6r.jpg

Boredom sets in and shenanigans ensue.

IoOF9fQ.jpg

8kFyBMg.jpg

wyYTX3t.jpg

I didn't have any need for looting much so I stayed near the bus and ducked into the nearby bus wreck for a little cover.

Then I start to hear bullets bouncing around and think someone is punching something, then quickly realize I am being fired upon and lay prone.

Cold, emu, and Brooks, got eyes on the assailant and returned fire but his death was never confirmed.

We then made our way towards the coast and discovered a sedan stuck on a stanchion.

2 towns, an encounter with a friendly (forgot to take pics), and 4 tires later we were back to the sedan.

After a test bump on the front end it was decided that knocking it loose from the rear was best, but only after removing the tires.

I91bXvg.jpg

aI48uVJ.jpg

Tires stashed safely, the car sitting so serenely, little does it know....

GnLahdS.jpg

....that a fucking BUS is about to plow into it sending it careening into the road!

OtsC1px.jpg

c4wyQNH.jpg

Otizqw5.jpg

This is the longest ghost ride I've seen in the SA and the car seemed to be moving about running speed.

emuthreat was ready to try to toss a tire in it's way but thankfully it came to a graceful stop on the side of a house.

o1GNfFs.jpg

3QrorvL.jpg

After some problems with some of the tires not showing up on the vehicle and ghost duping you couldn't deny how stately she appears up on all fours.

UFDpvxH.jpg

Brooks took a break and schwaBAM logged out, not long after that the rest of us split up to look for Heli's and then met up near a town where emu had some barrels.

Cold and I dumped our Heli loot in the barrels and Brooks rejoined.

That's when I logged out.

Thanks to Brooks and emuthreat for letting us tag along on the bus adventures.

(*Nice driving Brooks!)

It was nice to meet up with schwaBAM as well, it's always cool to meet a friend of a friend.

It's great to meet some of the regulars and I hope it becomes a common occurrence.

JUYpNpn.jpg

*Special thanks to TheRiddler for supplying the TS3 for us to chat on. Glad you popped in to say hi.

You guys look like you had a great time. Sure wish I could have joined but it was nice to talk to some of you even if it was only for a few minutes. Hoping my work schedule starts to free up as we get closer to the holidays. I'd love to join in the fun and record some of this gameplay together. Great team work guys! 

• Like 6

Bus engine noises are way worse than the torque issue right now. Can barely have a convo while driving. I feel kinda proud knocking that car off the guardrail things with the bus...surprised I was able to hit it and not kill Emu in the process xD

Even if you turn your sound effects down? I know its annoying to have to do so, but I will never forget the first time I started up the VS3 and let my ears bleed. OMG that was sooooo loud. Give it a try if you have not already. It will save your ears and you won't have to scream at your friends while in or around the vehicle.  

• Like 1

Where's all barrels/tents at can't find one anywhere. Has anyone got one for me or head me in the right direction :-)

Edited by Jakwesley

Where's all barrels/tents at can't find one anywhere. Has anyone got one for me or head me in the right direction :-)

Tents : not sure as I have only found one pitched already at the myshinko military camps , barrels : pretty much everywhere in small towns , look in sheds and other she'd like buildings !

Tents spawn in the small apartment houses - even military tents! Look for them in cities that have apartments (Berezino, Nowo, Novaya, Cherno, etc.) Probably easier to find in the northern towns, because there is less traffic. You have to check every room and sometimes the roof. Often you can just climb one row of buildings and check the next one from the top floor, using binos (or just your eyes ;)). 

I think they also spawn in Quonset huts, but I've yet to find one there. 

Hard to hear gunshots at that point tho :/

At least it's not as loud in first person, but it's true you have to turn the volume down a lot. Hicks has adressed that in one of the Pax presentations and also under current tasks. Mostly it's about the difference between 1p and 3p volume, but once they have the actual sounds and not these maniac ones for engines, it'll probably be a lot better already. I wonder when (vehicle) sounds are going to get worked on. It seems to me the sound department is a bit understaffed.  

Edited by S3V3N

Tents spawn in the small apartment houses - even military tents! Look for them in cities that have apartments (Berezino, Nowo, Novaya, Cherno, etc.) Probably easier to find in the northern towns, because there is less traffic. You have to check every room and sometimes the roof. Often you can just climb one row of buildings and check the next one from the top floor, using binos (or just your eyes ;)).

At least it's not as loud in first person, but it's true you have to turn the volume down a lot. Hicks has adressed that in one of the Pax presentations and also under current tasks. Mostly it's about the difference between 1p and 3p volume, but once they have the actual sounds and not these maniac ones for engines, it'll probably be a lot better already. I wonder when (vehicle) sounds are going to get worked on. It seems to me the sound department is a bit understaffed.

Nice1 Mate definately helpful.

• Like 1

They may have changed it. I saw a car tent and a civ tent in the first Quonset hut I visited at Myshkino in 0.59, but haven't seen one since. Maybe rare, maybe removed. Not too sure.

They may have changed it. I saw a car tent and a civ tent in the first Quonset hut I visited at Myshkino in 0.59, but haven't seen one since. Maybe rare, maybe removed. Not too sure.

I also found a military tent in a Quonset hut not too long ago.

Played the patch #12 for some time. I went from Altar to Dubrovka/NEAF on DE2. The server response feels fast, I did not notice any rubberbanding or frame drops.

Loot felt different: not much food, many many bus wheels and loads of ammo (60 rounds of 7.62mm, 120 rounds of 9mm, ...).

I did not encounter any players or infected.

Generally I'd guess that the release of .59 is close  :thumbsup:

I hope for a towing truck, too. -snip-

All we really need are mountable electric and/or hand cranked winches, no?

While on the subject... pulley systems are amazing for so many things.

Just using pulleys for stuff incorporated into base building would be excellent.

Based on what little we know of zombies, does it make sense for them to react to or be interrupted by a flashbang? Not trying to be a smartass, I'm just curious and trying to think it out logically. Bug, incomplete, or working as intended? I'm wondering the exact same thing about suppressors. Currently, they seem to be aggroing to my VSS just fine. In fact, zombies saved a guy's life last night. We were fired upon and I had him dead to rights and every time I lined up the shot, I got the shit beaten out of the back of my head. They are also still aggroing to a UMP-45 with a pistol suppressor. I had always assumed it was a bug, but someone pointed out to me that they may always hear suppressed weapon fire. It is, after all, not silent.

My bad, I should have been the rodeo clown for ya.  I didn't know you had a scoped weapon, and was somewhat unsure if anyone else actually had eyes on him at the moment.

• Like 1

I've got a bus almost ready to ride just a about a 1.2km north of Grishino, just could use some help getting another tire and a spark plug.

PM me or visit The Riddlers teamspeak to help out.

http://imgur.com/4EkvNSS

That had me worried that you found my and Brooks' bus. Someone chopped down trees and got it all stuck. It's the blue one with extra batteries and such at the bottom of the inventory.

Edit:  I see yours is on a road. Possibly not the same server.

Edited by emuthreat

You should watch those videos from last night when I put links on here; You would be impressed with my hopping onto the bus steps when we stopped there in Kabanino for a moment.

I like me some danger.  Or maybe I've just hit my head a few times too many.

• Like 1

Just a reminder.

Infected are not zombies.

They are incredibly sick and desperate people.