boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Yeah i've heard from multiple reliable sources that the 420 servers are operated by a group of hackers, and have also seen several 420 members using hacks / cheats. Best to avoid the lot of them really, not that they're that dangerous or good at the game mind you without the hacks.

They need to be reported to their GSP for sure. I'll be happy to file a report. As a previous Public Server owner ( Welcome to Jungle ) I took cheating on our server VERY VERY serious. When cheating was at its worst several patches back, I would spend my entire time that I had playing,  searching and hunting down hackers that people would report on our TS. I wasn't trying to kill mind you, rather just get their name so I could then link it to their GUID.  It led to several bug reports being filed in which those cheaters/hackers had their GUID banned with substantial evidence. I just wanted our population to know that we care about their experience while playing on our server in hopes they make it a favorite and return frequently to play. 

Having said that, I think we'll have a Private Server next year when Beta hits rather than Public for these specific reasons. I know the dev's work hard to combat the cheaters but unfortunately there is always somebody out there that is able to exploit the game and the only true way to keep them off your server is to limit who can connect in the first place. 

Well, there will be different truck beds. Let's hope one of them is a transporter. I think it would be cool if two people were needed to carry a heli-blade; not sure about storing it in a barrel - perhaps they can't be stored permanently. They would probably fit vertically into the truck and tent inventory, though. I expect a lot of action involving vehicles in the future, since they'll be broke down and require lots of work. I hope we get to talk more about the cars, soon ;)

Anyone seen deer or animals since the last patch? I've been all over the map and I only heard a fox yesterday. Pretty sure it was a fox, but I didn't even see it. Usually, with the amount of running I've done, I would have expected to see a housepig, boar or at least a chicken. Have I just been less fortunate, or has the amount of animals been decreased since the patch?

Saw a herd of cows yesterday near Lopatino. Saw a few chickens as well near the North East Airfield but other than that, I have not seen any other game. 

Speaking of animals , has anyone had a confirmed sighting of any animal above the northern highway line ? I know in 0.58 they did not spawn north of that highway , but would occasionally travel across it . 

Not sure if this has been reported but I'm having issues with one item in my bag... Large Mountain backpack...Red... Not sure if that makes a difference or not but very bottom row 2nd slot on the left for some reason I cant get rid of the item.. It just so happens to be a clip for my 1911 I can place the clip into the gun see the animation like its been put in. The slide kicks back and all that.. But the clip still shows in my inventory.. If I drag it out of my backpack it comes out of my gun...and shows on the ground and in my bag... I can drag the image that's still in my bag to my gun and the image of it on the ground disappears and the gun reloads.. However the image is still showing in my back pack.. I used to could take my bag off and back on and this would clear up before the recent patches but now I cant place anything where that image is in my bag...I'm assuming I'm not the only one with this issue.. But when I get off work I will look at the reported bugs and see if it has been reported yet ...

Not sure if this has been reported but I'm having issues with one item in my bag... Large Mountain backpack...Red... Not sure if that makes a difference or not but very bottom row 2nd slot on the left for some reason I cant get rid of the item.. It just so happens to be a clip for my 1911 I can place the clip into the gun see the animation like its been put in. The slide kicks back and all that.. But the clip still shows in my inventory.. If I drag it out of my backpack it comes out of my gun...and shows on the ground and in my bag... I can drag the image that's still in my bag to my gun and the image of it on the ground disappears and the gun reloads.. However the image is still showing in my back pack.. I used to could take my bag off and back on and this would clear up before the recent patches but now I cant place anything where that image is in my bag...I'm assuming I'm not the only one with this issue.. But when I get off work I will look at the reported bugs and see if it has been reported yet ...

log out and in fixed it mostly for me

• Like 3

Saw 3 cows the other day near the coast. Killed one with an axe, however I could not harvest any meat from the animal.

EDIT: Thinking this through, I don't think I had the correct blade to gut the animal. 

Edited by TotesMagotes

As a previous Public Server owner ( Welcome to Jungle ) I took cheating on our server VERY VERY serious. When cheating was at its worst several patches back, I would spend my entire time that I had playing,  searching and hunting down hackers that people would report on our TS. I wasn't trying to kill mind you, rather just get their name so I could then link it to their GUID.  It led to several bug reports being filed in which those cheaters/hackers had their GUID banned.

Erm, how long ago? When i was a server admin i (and other server admins) were not privy to the correct information which would allow us to link a player name with their GUID. Not sure if this is still the same.

Erm, how long ago? When i was a server admin i (and other server admins) were not privy to the correct information which would allow us to link a player name with their GUID. Not sure if this is still the same.

you can do that with steam, look on your folder "people played last time with you on server xy" and you are able to see who could be an script kiddy

• Like 1

you can do that with steam, look on your folder "people played last time with you on server xy" and you are able to see who could be an script kiddy

That doesn't work. A person's steam ID and DayZ ID are seperate and changable.

So again, i'd like to know how i as a server admin on a public server, can link someone's in game name to their GUID?

With regards to the parts to the helicopter, I wish they'd make it to where you needed a vehicle to transport some of the parts. For example the Blades. Those suckers are long and carrying one of those for a few KM's or more is certainly going to be difficult on an individual. Hell even car or truck batteries would be a pain in the ass to carry from town to town. Anybody lately replaced their battery in their vehicle? Its a heavy son a gun unless you have a dry cell like a OPTIMUM battery. Anyways, just my .02 on the subject of vehicle parts. 

With regards to the hacker/cheater that others have witnessed as well; thank you for linking the report. I will vote up the report as well as add in comments based on what I witnessed last night while playing and watching BlackOut's live stream on Experimental. Sounded like the same kid from the video in the report but I cannot confirm. I don't have time to go back through Blackout's recorded video but there is plenty of evidence in that video of the hacker talking in Global.  

i think the helicopter blades are the tail blades not the main ones so you could carry one with no problem.

• Like 2

That doesn't work. A person's steam ID and DayZ ID are seperate and changable.

So again, i'd like to know how i as a server admin on a public server, can link someone's in game name to their GUID?

DaRT (http://www.dayztv.com/apps/download/dayz-dart-admin-rcon-tool-windows/)  is what we used to get the GUID the fastest. DaRT does not record kill logs but it does show player's connect and disconnect, and next to their name is the GUID. We would then look through the actual server logs to match everything up to then file an "issue" on the feedback tracker. 

Have a look at this link for converting a STEAM ID to a GUID: http://codepen.io/micovery/full/bNbLqL  As far as I know, that still coverts accurately. Its what I used a few times before rcon was enabled for server owners. :thumbsup:  

i think the helicopter blades are the tail blades not the main ones so you could carry one with no problem.

Ahh good call.  :beans:

Edited by The Riddler

In reference to the point about needing a vehicle to carry heli parts....

Main UH-1 rotor blades can be carried by a single person (one blade). The old-school military ones came in at around 210 pounds....so you would look awful funny humping one of those puppies around the map :D.

On another note.... I finally found some Zeds! I was looking for 9mm and 12ga ammo in Berezino when all of a sudden I hear that epic gurgle I so dearly miss. I see a single Zed standing across the street and I decide to test the Red9 out. After I grease the Zed nicely I cautiously look and listen....but no sign of other nasties making their way to the scene of the crime....hmmmmmm....so the so-called "hordes" are still MIA, I guess. I begin looking again for some ammo when all of a sudden I am being run down and flanked by a crap-load of the buggers! I unload my Red9, dropping about 6 Zeds...and then swap to the shotty for another 5 Zeds....Oh crap...outta ammop, and outta time...As I mentally kiss all my flaming crap goodbye and start thinking about whether the "you are dead" screen has been given an update...I notice something really odd....I am still in the fight!, Damn! I guess the Devs nerfed the Zeds quite a bit because I was taking some serious abuse and I was still only bleeding!

.....Run Away!.....

I make it to a shed, and close the doors behind me. I bandage, reload the few shells I had left over....and then I notice the smell.....

Rule #28 in DayZland....when you crap your pants from a Zed or Survivor encounter...make sure you throw them out in case the Wifey finds out you are really just a Pant_Crapping_Sissy_DayZ...Wannabe! :lol:

BTW...Just kidding about REALLY greasing my cheeks....but JESUS I love this game. This episode reminded me again what awaits us down the road when the darn thing finally gets sorted out.

I am glad I switched to Exp, and I am glad I can share these little bits of mayhem with you fellow survivors. Best thing the Dev team could have done to keep us happy was to get those damn Zeds back in the game.

• Like 1

I think I remember something similar to this being mentioned in the thread earlier but I couldn't find it.

I can't launch DayZ at the moment. When I try this is as far as I get:

vj4tEGx.png

Any advice on how to get BattlEye to work so I can play?

EDIT: Nevermind. Restarting my computer fixed it. 

Edited by LucidHills

Played with the new UI tonight, couldn't see what the server pops were in the menu, nor the ping of each server, so I ended up joining a low-pop, The FPS were seriously improved with the new UI, and it makes me excited for the design improvements to the UI since it already runs so much better. It doesn't seem to have an 'x' button atm, so the only way to exit is to press tab again. Loading weapons, switching weapons, item interaction were all really quite cumbersome to use. The hotkey system of reloading has its pros and cons, but I really think using hotkeys should be a choice and not a necessity. I'm probably gonna end up switching back to the old UI for now. I just can't stand not seeing my character's health status. Really looking forward to the next iterations.

I used the new UI for about three minutes a few weeks back.  Not gonna touch it again until design issues are fixed.  I don't mean to bash, but my initial reaction was that it was practically unusable in its current state.

• Like 2

They need to be reported to their GSP for sure. I'll be happy to file a report. As a previous Public Server owner ( Welcome to Jungle ) I took cheating on our server VERY VERY serious. When cheating was at its worst several patches back, I would spend my entire time that I had playing,  searching and hunting down hackers that people would report on our TS. I wasn't trying to kill mind you, rather just get their name so I could then link it to their GUID.  It led to several bug reports being filed in which those cheaters/hackers had their GUID banned with substantial evidence. I just wanted our population to know that we care about their experience while playing on our server in hopes they make it a favorite and return frequently to play. 

Having said that, I think we'll have a Private Server next year when Beta hits rather than Public for these specific reasons. I know the dev's work hard to combat the cheaters but unfortunately there is always somebody out there that is able to exploit the game and the only true way to keep them off your server is to limit who can connect in the first place. 

Your hard work did not go unnoticed.  The Jungle was one of the few "go-to" servers for groups that I played with; always a lively and stressful place to trek, just like it should be.

• Like 1

Any news, why the UK and some DE servers are offline? I just wanted to check on my tent quickly. 

Edited by S3V3N

I used the new UI for about three minutes a few weeks back.  Not gonna touch it again until design issues are fixed.  I don't mean to bash, but my initial reaction was that it was practically unusable in its current state.

Oh no doubt about it. If i ran into a slightly challenging situation I wouldve been RIP. I'm just excited about how they made it way faster, so design features on top of the already more efficient system will be excellent.

I have a huge performance improvement from 30 fps in Stary Sobor to 45 fps looking in the worst fps direction. I use objects to very low and object distance to 800m. Anyway I confirm, there is a huge fps increase.

No matter how bad -newui is at the moment, I cannot go back to 30 fps. I will use it for this perf increase.

I feel you, man. I'm kinda hesitant to go back to the old UI just because playing with the better performance was such a breath of fresh air.

• Like 1

Is it me, but are magazines for weapons a bit scarce at the moment.  We have gone from lots of mags and a few weapons to lots of weapons and few mags.  I thought they were making ammo scarce not mags for weapons.  Because I have been finding a lot of ammo so not short of that lol.  Now I don't mid the high end weapon mags being hard to find, but low end weapons like the 22 should not be as hard to find.  I have a 22 and have been searching for the mag, but no luck so far :-(.  

Is it me, but are magazines for weapons a bit scarce at the moment.  We have gone from lots of mags and a few weapons to lots of weapons and few mags.  I thought they were making ammo scarce not mags for weapons.  Because I have been finding a lot of ammo so not short of that lol.  Now I don't mid the high end weapon mags being hard to find, but low end weapons like the 22 should not be as hard to find.  I have a 22 and have been searching for the mag, but no luck so far :-(.  

I think mags are being counted in under the scarcer ammo rule for the time being. They need to get them to spawn empty if we want mags to become more available while also maintaining scarce ammo supplies . Which i would fully support. 

Like the idea of lots of guns , empty mags, and hard to find ammo. It makes more sense in a post apoc environment . Really enjoying the "Every Shot has a price" challenge we currently face. 

As an example, my last play experience was amazing . Been alive since .59 launch , Got into a gunfight with a guy , defending myself with my winchester , killed him , but used up my last 6 bullets in the process. ( which meant I was unable to kill a deer I later spotted which I desperately needed ) And of course the activity drew in LOTs of zombies , which cost me all 20 or so 9mm shells I had for my red 9 . So I am now going house to house looting for more ammo and supplies with a nice empty rifle on my back , and empty pistol in my belt, So I resort to my trusty old makeshift bow for current zombie dispatching . 

THIS in my humble opinion is DayZ at its finest.

It is so much more balanced out this way.

I got into a unwanted PvP situation , I survived but at a cost . So I won and lost at the same time in a way . Now I have to struggle through the PvE side of the game and prepare myself for the next PvP scenario  . using all the available elements of the game to do so . 

From what I read, the magazines don't spawn right. For example, VSS ammo is too plenty for such a rare gun, while SVD mags don't spawn at all. The magazine respawns are probably gonna get tweaked over and over, since they are important to get right. The only pistol mag I found was for a CR75 (and some 9mm strips). Found plenty of ammo though and am currently using revolver as sidearm. 

--

This is a joke, right? I've been running around for a week with a full inventory. The day I decide to build a tent and drop 90% of my gear, next day the server goes offline and doesn't come back. It's like a deja-vu, except this time its the UK servers that are gone. If something like this happens, we'd all appreciate a short note about what is happening with those servers. I have no idea why UK is offline or if it will return with a wipe. Anyone have any info on why half the exp servers are down?  

Edited by S3V3N

Your hard work did not go unnoticed.  The Jungle was one of the few "go-to" servers for groups that I played with; always a lively and stressful place to trek, just like it should be.

Well thank you very much for the kind words. I so badly want to get a public server back up and running again, however its hard to justify the cost right now with the game in its current state, as well I don't have enough of a team anymore to help admin the serve like I did earlier this year and all of last. I personally only have a an hour at most per day where I can sit in my home office and focus on DayZ stuff whether it just be playing or simply reading through our server logs and DaRT logs for any trouble makers. I took all reports of somebody possibly cheating as serious as I could and let the person who reported it know we are here and actively trying to admin the server. 

We'll be back eventually - just waiting for Beta to hit and see where the game is at that point. Our TS is still active for anybody who needs a place to chat with their squad/team. Please feel free to use it as much as you want. Its a 100 slot TS so plenty of room and bandwidth for everybody. 

ts.welcometothejungledayz.com

• Like 3

Its good to here Jon that they are looking at mags with no ammo.  Its about time.

Still no reply on where the UK-servers have gone? I'm puzzled. Am I the only one with this problems or are half the servers/all UK servers missing? I'm confused, because nobody else wrote about it and I find no info about them being taken down, either. Anyone know, if UK servers are temporarily offline? And perhaps when they will be back?!

Edited by S3V3N

Its good to here Jon that they are looking at mags with no ammo.  Its about time.

This has been planned for a while.

I hope we see this level of depth to weapon spawns.

A worn Sporter can spawn.

A worn Sporter can spawn chambered with a badly damaged round.

A worn Sporter can spawn with a badly damaged round chambered and a damaged magazine that is empty.

A worn Sporter can spawn with a badly damaged round chambered and a damaged magazine containing 7 worn rounds.

Edited by BioHaze