boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Anyone had problems with the shakes and messed up status messages regarding it in EXP so far?

I have come to the conclusion on 58 stable that running around wearing a quilted jacket is the safest and fastest way to remove them. Much more reliable than like 3 campfires or whatnot.

Awesome of you to offer but you keep it! Just glad to know its there again and judging by the replies it is now being found more easily, which is awesome.

In 58 I frequently tried offering half my stash for the darn thing to no avail.

Also poor fox :( makes you feel bad hurting it with that puppy like squeal.

idk if its a reoccurring thing or it just happen, yesterday I jumped on .59 and the well wouldn't work for me> apples, sodas and canteens did, I nearly dehydrated trying, I tried spamming the well + drinking reg over and over

idk if its a reoccurring thing or it just happen, yesterday I jumped on .59 and the well wouldn't work for me> apples, sodas and canteens did, I nearly dehydrated trying, I tried spamming the well + drinking reg over and over

Most, if not all of us can not drink directly from a well, pond, or stream. You need to fill a bottle, or a canteen and then drink from that. Drink sodas, or eat lots of apples, peaches, etc., until you find a suitable container.

In case anyone else wanted to know, like I did:

Most, if not all of us can not drink directly from a well, pond, or stream. You need to fill a bottle, or a canteen and then drink from that. Drink sodas, or eat lots of apples, peaches, etc., until you find a suitable container.

Tatanko shared this tweet about ponds one page back, Junior will confirm the wells not working without a waterbottle though.

**edit**

Apparently quoting shared tweets doesn't work, it said drinking directly from ponds should wok now. 

Edited by BCBasher

If you are going to post more than 1 large image you will likely be asked to use the spoilers by a moderator here.

In the top left corner of the reply to this topic window you will see 3 symbols.

The first from left looks like a light switch, the second looks like a a pink and white pill, and the third is a white box with 2 green rectangles in it.

Click the white box with the rectangles in it and you will get a selection of BBC code options.

Choose Spoiler to bring up a window.

Use BBC code on either side of your image URL [img_]yourimageurl[_/img] (remove underscores).

Post.

Profit!

You can also manually type in [spoiler_] and

without the underscore in the first spoiler as well.

Edited by LordBlackwolf

Apparently quoting shared tweets doesn't work, it said drinking directly from ponds should wok now. 

Great news, thanks!

Found some useful stuff out today. 

So I'm completely lost , really no clue where I am . Found a small town near  the train tracks , which confused me even more . Since I thought i was running NW from the coast. 

Anywho , I spotted a few zombies in this town before I entered , So i took it slow and low as to not aggro them . After a few minutes I hear shots fired. At them . I found a Barrel I was hunting , So I decided to dip out. The Shots are REALLY close now , I peek out , and see the guy , he sees me with big red and white barrel . Shoots at me . I take cover .  I make a plan. 

I have 6 smoke grenades on me 3xBlack and 3 white. I light them all , toss them back into my pockets , pick up my barrel and run like mad into the woods . Smoke everywhere, shots going wild, totally covered my escape lol . 

While I make my run I cross a amazing looking river bed I've never noticed before . And To my surprise , Sprained my ankle while running down it ??? 

A short while later, I find a nice little cabin on the edge of the woods, Set out some rabbit traps ,made a splint to fix my leg, set up my barrel and got ready to rest and recover a bit . 

Made 3 traps , caught 4 rabbits in total , made a Lance from the bones, ( just to see what it was like ) Popped holes in the barrel , built a fire and cooked my breakfast. 

Did not get sick from the meat which is a nice change, How ever the meat did not show as cooked still. And my barrel vanished while I was out looking for water after the fire went out . Also I did not get blood on my hands from skinning the rabbits :(

Over all, still a fairly interesting morning . 

GJVijzi.jpg

7MufqNK.jpg

OYoVVMH.jpg

i53Rfme.jpg

QDPzdmr.jpg

Thanks BioHaze

Is that the cabin near the train tracks? If it is I'd be careful since I believe (I could be wrong) that it gets visited quite a bit.

• Like 1

well doesnt work anymore, need canteens for it. bugged or intentional is unclear atm.

@Biohaze

you can also simply mark a linked image and then add the spoiler tags to it, no need for any code or rewriting anything

Edited by jayfkay

well doesnt work anymore, need canteens for it. bugged or intentional is unclear atm.

*snip*

It's pretty clear if you read the last 2 pages, it's bugged, ponds should work now though, according to Peter Nespesny. 

• Like 1

It's pretty clear if you read the last 2 pages, it's bugged, ponds should work now though, according to Peter Nespesny. 

it was unclear to me at least, should have specified as much :P

May but with out tabs its suizide anyway.

• Like 1

I may just be getting lucky but I don't use tabs and I've filled several canteens out of ponds and rivers and haven't had any ill effects so far.

Unless you're low on blood to start with the chances of cholera at the moment are almost non existent.

I kinda hope they fix that because the look of a lot of those ponds should have a pretty good chance of making you sick in one way or another, especially the drainage run off channels in the cities.

I prefer them to stopping for the refill animation exposed at wells in town currently and have had no problem. 

• Like 1

I've killed more people in the last few weeks than in the entire ~2 years preceding that, and it's been almost entirely melee. For all the emphasis the PvP community places on firearms, few of them have any skill with a gun anyway... and my ax usually wins instead :)

Same here man. Its been kinda weird. If I do PVP I usually use a firearm from afar but I have run across so many people spawning on the coast that want to fight and skip the small talk. I actually got a good one on video late last week in SVET. A guy had a rifle but couldn't hit me at all and I just kept running at him until I was able to stab him enough to get him bleeding. After that he switched to a pick axe where I stayed close enough so that he'd swing at me enough until he finally collapsed and bled out. :)

Unfortunately I was picked off in Gorka by a guy with an MP5 that I never saw but of course heard the bullets. Eh, not attached to gear but was hoping since its experimental people wouldn't be so quick to the gun especially when off the coast.  :thumbsup:

Edited by The Riddler
  • Like 2

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but in .58 my frames were between 20 or so and 35. I just tried .59 and my frames went from 0 to 13. What's up with that? Is it the infected causing problems? I cannot playtest with such a low frame rate so it looks like I'll have to sit things out. Too bad as I was looking forward to trying out the new stuff.

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but in .58 my frames were between 20 or so and 35. I just tried .59 and my frames went from 0 to 13. What's up with that? Is it the infected causing problems? I cannot playtest with such a low frame rate so it looks like I'll have to sit things out. Too bad as I was looking forward to trying out the new stuff.

There have been talks of memory leak issues in this thread. Read through it a bit. Could be that.

Keep in mind in .58 zombies were removed for optimization purposes and the first thing I noticed when .58 came out was the increased frame rate. I know they've made improvements on zomibes but I believe they are still a work in progress which should help with frame rate therefore the lack in frames you see now is probably due to the zombies. 

If i'm mistaken in my information I apologize in advance. Been barely able to keep up with development lately due to life ;) 

Keep in mind in .58 zombies were removed for optimization purposes and the first thing I noticed when .58 came out was the increased frame rate. I know they've made improvements on zomibes but I believe they are still a work in progress which should help with frame rate therefore the lack in frames you see now is probably due to the zombies. 

If i'm mistaken in my information I apologize in advance. Been barely able to keep up with development lately due to life ;)

That's reflecting my observations, I'm playing on an older computer and dodgy satellite internet and my frames are as good or better when no AI or other players are around but they take a dive in coastal cities and on high pop servers.

Not sure if it's just me but the game used to seem like it was favoring what I was seeing client side as in if I was lagging internet wise the guy shooting at me was at a disadvantage, now when the wife or kids fire up netflix or whatever my game bogs as well.

The memory leak mentioned is real too, restarting your game/computer every few hours seems to help. 

• Like 2

AI is brutal on the servers. Then you have 100 trying to load in or whatever. Then add in more FPS issues on the servers with the cities being as big as they are.

Its a problem we have when moding arma engines. We try to make it as enjoyable as possible.

If the coding isn't exactly perfect, and the other features are causing issues such as smoke and or moving objects all these put such a huge load on client side and the Server side of things.

Adding in .sqf exceptions to throw some of this load back on the client is and always will work. The problem is lower end systems will not run as expected. FPS, low Memory etc... all play a part.

Example the new Exile to arma 3. We put in Ryans zombies, AI missions and loot spawning around the map. More then i want but hey it is what it is.

When we enter close to a town, or AI mission you start to load up so fast on your PC causing huge FPS drops. It will pause, freeze etc... The server takes a huge 100% spike once in awhile. Top end servers do much better at this.

So we try to move the AI to a system like a client but only loading up AI onto that. It helps the over all running of the server. We can add as many headless clients as we want, one for each mission if we care. This would allow us to have more players, less issues with AI load times etc..

Dayz is being designed to not need the Headless client, but run on a higher end server, and most likely share resources from the client so it runs seamless.

All this has to be done.

The way you stop most of this, is to make sure your client is running clean OS, Enough Memory, Enough CPU power, Enough Video, and a good internet connection.

This is all you can do, and adjust the graphics etc.. to help offset the FPS hits.

It really is difficult to do for any team. Once they find out whats causing the memory leak so called or damaged file, it will be much better.

Over all is the .59 much better as in more things added? over all impressions? I may load up experimental myself and check out what these FPS issues are doing.

fix player clean up and the server performance will be at least playable. maybe?

food for thought.

Overheating at night.

Falling off the TEC building roof.

Abject zombie slaughter.

HAy0UR0.jpg

Guardian of the flame.

osz33Xa.jpg

Torch hocking

Xc7YBus.jpg

7vC8H6Z.jpg

Anybody else think the nights are significantly longer than the days in .59?

• Like 2

Anybody else think the nights are significantly longer than the days in .59?

Everytime I log in it tells me that is like October 11th or something, so maybe the daylight cycle actually reflects daylight to night time ratios for that time of year!

That is mission settings which will affect weather, time and star position.