boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

09NIGYn.jpg

randomly dropping to single digit FPS and freezing up thing I been getting lately 

hit "Shift" then "-" and type flush.... should sort it

Edited by Woody1888

where did you find the boar? :o

I found this guy near Black Forest,

185sOfU.jpg 

if you want the pelt pm me, I'll leave a stash for you. 

I've been carrying it around for 2 days now  ^_^

Same goes for this little guy, he was west of Berezino

QAqeTbE.jpg 

He's cute but his bark is eerie enough to make you check your six  :P

• Like 4

Met a friendly guy named SirDigbyChicken near Berezhki.

We kept heading into each other for a while, nice guy.

YqcIcbO.jpg

Killed a boar yesterday, but couldn't skin it up. Idk why.

ZIdfnvf.jpg

Sometimes when you kill an animal an you don't have the option to skin it, punch it, or hit it with a melee. Then you'll have the option to skin it. You need to be standing pretty close to it to skin it.

• Like 4

where did you find the boar? :o

I found a boar north of Cherno, at 050, 117, and another one at 080 038, on the hill near that small village.

Both 1PP and 3PP characters have improvised leather backpacks. Been loving this pack since it came out around June/July 2014.  :thumbsup:

• Like 4

i had this with 0.58

no textures loaded and very low poly objects. seems like a memory issue to me.

It does seem like quite a few players have been experiencing memory leak issues in 0.59, so that could very well be the issue.

• Like 1

It does seem like quite a few players have been experiencing memory leak issues in 0.59, so that could very well be the issue.

I cant get .59 to play at all, it just stutters and skips around even  on the intro screen

Had a fun time on experimental with Junior last night, he played while I was at work yesterday and had rounded up a barrel in 3pp by the time I got home.

He wanted to make a stash close to Kami and repeatedly picked up and drop the  barrel until he got it to land on it's side, not sure how east that is to repeat but it made the red and white barrel way less visible but still interactable.

We messed around with the standing dead players dressing them up and such, how long do they stick around?

The best fun was he found a damaged flashbang but told me about it so I told him to just hold onto it and surprise me. An hour or so and a few beer later entering the big shed all by itself on Skalatisy he got me, I wasn't completely blinded or deafened like when I got him just kind of whited out allot and ears ringing. Now I pretty much hit him with the worn one a few days ago and all it did was blind and deafen him but no injuries, the damaged one I think was a little farther away and it ruined my shoes and badly damaged my pants. I think the condition might effect how non lethal they are.

We ended the night on the island shooting at each other from the lighthouse to the deerstand no injuries but a couple sounded pretty close considering there's no LOS and we were lobbing shots over a hill. Would have been freaky to get a spawn there while that nonsense was going on I'd imagine.

• Like 4

I cant get .59 to play at all, it just stutters and skips around even  on the intro screen

I'm getting that periodically and think it's exactly the memory leak just mentioned. It seems to happen more and get worse after I've exited and restarted the game multiple times without restarting my computer.

• Like 2

I'm getting 10 frames less in the experimental, hoping it just b/c its "unstable"--I haven't seen anything about the wardrobe being a thing but I also noticed the fridge no longer has an interaction> are these 2 being swaped out as the unusable stationay storage? :P JK,  kinda figured the wardrobes are for when base building comes into effect and will be able to block off a house from entry< not sure but like I said haven't seen anything about it..

The memory leak only seems to occur when joining a server.

The fix right now is to close and restart DayZ entirely.

• Like 1

Dropped a barrel, yellow protective case, and new waterproof bag last night, when I got back today the waterproof bag was gone. I also noticed sewing kits don't seem to repair them but duct tape does, are they not configured yet and supposed to be persistent or just for keeping stuff dry on your person?

• Like 2

Dropped a barrel, yellow protective case, and new waterproof bag last night, when I got back today the waterproof bag was gone. I also noticed sewing kits don't seem to repair them but duct tape does, are they not configured yet and supposed to be persistent or just for keeping stuff dry on your person?

They probably are considered an item rather than a storage container. As such I think it would be cleaned up every half an hour or so along with most other items.

• Like 1

That's just a difference in item models, not a failure of the barrel or your method :)

I submitted a ticket about it, and it has been acknowledged!

I'm getting 10 frames less in the experimental, hoping it just b/c its "unstable"--I haven't seen anything about the wardrobe being a thing but I also noticed the fridge no longer has an interaction> are these 2 being swaped out as the unusable stationay storage? :P JK,  kinda figured the wardrobes are for when base building comes into effect and will be able to block off a house from entry< not sure but like I said haven't seen anything about it..

Brian Hicks mentioned barricading an house with the reason "why live in the woods when you can live in an house". :)

Has anyone ever found an actual radio? The one that can play music?

Now that we have walkies I want to try some shenanigans by broadcasting from multiple locations...

What would be really cool is if you lure some dude into an area where you have walkies positioned in numerous locations all on the same frequency (surrounding him) So that when you speak into the your own walkie the sound will literally come from all directions.

This actually has me wondering... Would I be able to daisy chain walkie talkies together in order to create a CB network so to speak?

Edited by FlimFlamm
  • Like 4

yeah, i had it today too with experimental. hope you guys look into it. 

FPS get's 0~8, totally unplayable. also, sometimes it last so long till a black screen shows then game returned to normal after that. 

And by very low poly object i mean a triangle v3s wheel, that bad.

The memory leak only seems to occur when joining a server.

The fix right now is to close and restart DayZ entirely.

try pressing "shift" then "-" then type flush

• Like 2

try pressing "shift" then "-" then type flush

Heh, i remember this from the DayZ mod. I tried to remember how to do it but failed. I think i was holding shift and typing FLASH instead... Thanks for thanks for the tip. If I cannot manage to trigger it then tthe colution provided by ColdAtrophy should be sufficient!

<3

• Like 1

09NIGYn.jpg

randomly dropping to single digit FPS and freezing up thing I been getting lately 

Have you been alt tabbing out a lot? I find this happens to me when I alt tab out frequently to look at a map or other things outside of the game. The graphics will turn to crap until I exit and restart the game. This has been happening, exp and stable for me.

When you repair something with the sewing kit and it doesn't show it repaired, drop it on the ground and reequip it and it should update. That happens on stable for me as well sometimes.

• Like 2

Guys, anyone knows what it means if your report get deleted? 

Like the feedback reports? Perhaps it was already reported? That's my only guess or it's already known?

• Like 1

Like the feedback reports? Perhaps it was already reported? That's my only guess or it's already known?

yeah, i found it by search and it got closed, deleted from my view window. it was reported before :)

still, the loot explosion report i just sent isn't even assigned. i hope that they see it 

Edited by VahidkinG

When you repair something with the sewing kit and it doesn't show it repaired, drop it on the ground and reequip it and it should update. That happens on stable for me as well sometimes.

No option to repair it as far as I could tell.

I have noticed that repairing stuff in exp does seem to update properly now without moving it.