boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

I believe my friend tried last night with no luck.

Duct tape only repairs to the max amount of that specific status. IMT or someone posted how it exactly works. There are stages of damaged / worn / pristine etc. like percentages. It can take so much until it goes to the next status. So duct taping will basically put it at it's best in that particular status. So for example, 90%-100% is pristine, 60-80% is damaged, it will repair it all the way to 80%, just below worn.

I think if you painted the gorka helmet it used to go to pristine. Or adding the visor .. something like that.

I have a visor for the helmet, but it is pristine and the helmet is damaged, so I didn't want to screw it up. Maybe I'll try that anyway, but first I wanna go to that maintenance building and try. I think it's awesome to figure this stuff out by ourselves and without a guide and these forum discussions are part of what makes me look forward to every update :)

Also, really cool that you wrote an explanation about the damage state repair with ducttape. I was always wondering in the past too, why it repaired, but nothing changed. Good to know. Thanks!

oh wow, what a surprise...

0.59 is the same desyncing laggy piece of garbage as every single version before... what a surprise indeed.

I keep reading about "performance improvements" and yet I fail to notice even the slightiest improvement since day one of alpha.... dear me.

- going upstairs still causes you to fall through the building and die due to desync or whatever

- hotkeys are not working in most cases

- zombies are a laggy desyncing mess

- picking up stuff doesn't work in most cases (you have to take stuff in your hands before you can put it into your inventory - Doesn't work with clothes tho since you can not, for some weird reason, pick it up in your hands)

- vaulting/jumping is still a piece of garbage since it works only if you are very lucky

- gun-sights/optics are oval... wtf really?

- no cars?????

- wells dont hydrate players anymore... wtf???

i think i will give up on this garbage game...

Edited by robophant
  • Like 2

Zombies seem brain dead. They wander around and don't notice me. Fired a gun and one sort of lamely shuffled towards me. Only saw 3 in Cherno.

3 in Cherno? How is that even possible, when I played today there was one in every corner, probably 40-50 in the whole city. On the other hand small towns don't have zombies at all. I wonder what the total zombie count is per server.

Standardized hotbar slots are a habit I keep as well, in an effort to create a relationship between a particular number and a corresponding item. "3" is my melee slot, "4" is where I keep rags/bandages, "5" is my compass, etc.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one with OCD!

• Like 2

So who has a good theory on this mess? It's squished...

yLUNupk.jpg

All I can tell you is that my hunting scope looks normal.

• Like 1

god, desync is horrible, people running in place, cant pick up a thing

how can u manage to play guys ?

You're not the only one to mention this, but thankfully I didn't have any desync issues, at all. For what it's worth, I hopped onto the lowest ping server that I could find, which hovered between 40-45. Also, the server wasn't too busy. There were perhaps 25 when I hopped on, but it thinned out to about 15 as the night went on.

If it's any consolation, my frame rate sucked. I'm going to have to revisit my config files.

Ok, hold your heart guys because it's needed:

ECkSjGt.jpg

pmcflDM.jpg

Dudester100 made the discovery and I figured it out how to light it!

You basically poke holes in the barrel with a sharp object and then it's just like a fireplace.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 14

Be aware that when you poke holes in a barrel it despawns the barrel that has your stuff inside so take your stuff out of the barrel you plan to poke holes in folks! i lost a ump45 in this discovery.  B)

• Like 3

oh wow, what a surprise...

0.59 is the same desyncing laggy piece of garbage as every single version before... what a surprise indeed.

I keep reading about "performance improvements" and yet I fail to notice even the slightiest improvement since day one of alpha.... dear me.

- going upstairs still causes you to fall through the building and die due to desync or whatever

- hotkeys are not working in most cases

- zombies are a laggy desyncing mess

- picking up stuff doesn't work in most cases (you have to take stuff in your hands before you can put it into your inventory - Doesn't work with clothes tho since you can not, for some weird reason, pick it up in your hands)

- vaulting/jumping is still a piece of garbage since it works only if you are very lucky

- gun-sights/optics are oval... wtf really?

- no cars?????

- wells dont hydrate players anymore... wtf???

i think i will give up on this garbage game...

1 . EXPERIMENTAL

2. Alpha/Early Access.

3. Thread cleaned. Keep it on topic everyone, let *us* interact with trolls. Dont bicker amongst yourselves.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 6

You need a water bottle to get water from wells at the moment - no idea why though.

- I started far north of Berezino.. I went north to NE Airfield looted some basic gear and went directly to the Devils Castle and looted some food. Then I ran to NW Airfield looted mostly weapons, and went south to Green Mountains and Tents.. Well, I got shoot at from a guy inside the tents who server jumped - and he hit me couple of times and ruins my high cap. vest and some other stuff, but I survived and ran south to Cherno - got shoot at near a deer stand, but he missed and I looted a hunting scope for my blaze. And I successfully infiltrated Cherno at night while I saw some new spawns - who had fun with flares. I Ignored them and went west to Balota Airfield! :)

((There were many players when I went around NW Airfield with lots of PvP, but I had no ammo - no point to engage so I vanished south! ))

Edited by Ori42

I've had zero lag/glitch problems so far, quite pleased! When we were running with 3 people to our camp, there was a brief desync, probably because it loaded items from our barrels. But nothing major. 

The Gorka Helmet turned to worn (from damaged) after I clipped on the visor. Thanks for the tip!

I'm looking forward to the next update. Things are shaping up, though I am scared to run around in Berezino now. I meet a stranger behind every corner :)

Sigh.  This on the other hand is an excellent discovery!

Ok, hold your heart guys because it's needed:

ECkSjGt.jpg
pmcflDM.jpg

Dudester100 made the discovery and I figured it out how to light it!

You basically poke holes in the barrel with a sharp object and then it's just like a fireplace.

• Like 3

Keep in mind people, the Barrel with holes is not persistent (yet). Compared to the normal barrel, it did despawn after 30 minutes.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 4

So, the horde thing is in I guess, in a few moments later I was pinned down by a horde at the 

metal warehouse on the right of the picture. I only had enough bullets for 4 of them, rest ate me alive.

Funny, guns now spawn everywhere. I found a Magnum and 30 bullets at a small house 30 seconds in from spawning.

All these guys are zombies, on the left and bottom right.

EDDjTTI.png

• Like 3

FYI. Again thread cleaned. keep your posts reasoned and non insulting otherwise I will hand out suspensions.

• Like 3

1 . EXPERIMENTAL

2. Alpha/Early Access.

3. Thread cleaned. Keep it on topic everyone, let *us* interact with trolls. Dont bicker amongst yourselves.

Rdgs

LoK

Well, well, well...

We just have to wait how stable turns out then, but i'm not getting my panties wet in anticipation for it.

If you take an objective view at the 2015 roadmap, not even (all) the Q1 goals have been met. So its understandable some people doubt if this game is ever going to happen.

For me... I'll have to see it to believe it. And yes, I bought it at day one, I realise it's alpha, but the promised progress is just not happening.

I hope you prove me wrong.

To conclude on a positive note: i'm glad you stopped that "update tomorrow"-shit because 9/10 times the update would'nt even be in that same week. AND THAT USED TO REALLY TICK ME OFF.

• Like 3

I play with my ps4 pad and never had any problems but it doesn't seem to be finding it on the new update. Went back to .58 and works sound just as normal. Anybody any ideas how to fix this, cheers

PSA:some  scopes have 4:3 aspect ratio.

kind of wierd programming error that can probably be easily hotfixed.

It's just the scope "outline" that's squished, right? Everything else appears correct (including what you see through the scope), so I don't think it's an issue with aspect ratio. Very weird. Make sure to report.

Edited by jayfkay
  • Like 1

dude you can hand out whatever you want. I do not care anymore. This game will be canceled by BI withing the next months anyway. Nobody can be so stupid and believe that this garbage has any future.

I'm still loling about the garbage Hicks was talking at PAX interview.... hahaha they should get in contact with Derek Smart and ask him for help :D

Your wish is my command.

Note: We dont mind folk being critical,  but it has to be constructive and not insulting. This user was warned multiple times before a short suspension was handed out.

Onwards and upwards.

L

Edit:  I allowed the user to still have access to the forums whilst on their ban as I dont like to lock folk out completely. The said user decided it would be "hilarious" to insult me over PM. They were warned once more and their suspension increased. Again, they abused the PM system. As a result of this and previous warnings other than today's the user has now been banned.

I am informing you guys and girls of this as we are often accused of *silencing* folk who dislike he game or disagree with directions of development.

This is incorrect.

What we don't tolerate is people like this user who rant and rave, spew idiocy and deliberately troll even when we show them leniency.

Note: his post that still remains in the thread, even though it is mostly Dingo's Kidneys I appreciate that some folk think differently and I initially let it remain to show we do tolerate all views to a limit.

Moral: Dont be an arse and you'll be fine.

Rdgs

L

Edited by orlok
  • Like 15

Well, well, well...

We just have to wait how stable turns out then, but i'm not getting my panties wet in anticipation for it.

If you take an objective view at the 2015 roadmap, not even (all) the Q1 goals have been met. So its understandable some people doubt if this game is ever going to happen.

For me... I'll have to see it to believe it. And yes, I bought it at day one, I realise it's alpha, but the promised progress is just not happening.

I hope you prove me wrong.

To conclude on a positive note: i'm glad you stopped that "update tomorrow"-shit because 9/10 times the update would'nt even be in that same week. AND THAT USED TO REALLY TICK ME OFF.

Hello there

Once the build hits stable I'll still politely point you to wards the next point.

Rdgs

LoK

Yeah, it's just the scope outline, I have already put in like 6 reports since last night. I'm betting they are getting sick of me at this point.

Not at all :D We're happy that you take the time to support development

• Like 10

I play with my ps4 pad and never had any problems but it doesn't seem to be finding it on the new update. Went back to .58 and works sound just as normal. Anybody any ideas how to fix this, cheers

Excuse me? Are you saying you play Dayz with a controller? I'm still mindboggled as to how that might work.

I need a follow up on this, never even heard such a thing :)

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

Okay, so obviously I'm not going to take the time to read every single post in this thread already, but I have some questions about the radios.

I''ve been killed twice now, trying to turn the radio off; and even when I immediately threw out my radio on the next play through, I could still hear people talking.  judging by the content of their comms, they were between three and five kilometers away. possibly more, as I had kept traveling west, and still heard the same two people trying to meet up from around Polana and Dolina.

Does anybody know if the radios are bugged, or if this simply means people were cleverly hiding and using false radio messages as subterfuge?

How do you reliably turn off the radio, aside from removing the battery--which I am not 100% confident that that actually stops the thing at this point?

I've had fun so far, but have not been able to make it 5 km inland without getting blasted randomly, and I am beginning to think it is a bugged radio alerting everyone in my network bubble of my location; regardless of whether I am even carrying a radio.  i can constantly hear static and far-off voices, even when I throw away my radio before taking my first steps as a bambi.

GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5 GHz LGA 1150 BX80646I54690K Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL (already have a pair so going to 8gig)

NewEgg = $362.81

Corsair Hydro Series High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H60

Amazon = $59.99

(sticking with GT750 card for now, have 225 SSD, and viable tower)

Likely next week I join the iChip crowd!

:D

Special thanks to ColdAtrophy

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 8

Not at all :D We're happy that you take the time to support development

I remember Hicks saying in one of the recent interviews that people were often telling him "we/I thought you knew" with regard to bugs when, in fact, you guys were not aware. When I heard that, I realized that I was guilty of this too. So I decided to make an effort to submit reports as often as I feel it is warranted and to stop letting myself believe that someone else will file a report. I have often found that my reports, even though I haven't done that many yet, were the only ones submitted with regard to that particular issue and a couple were major things that you guys were able to repro, acknowledge, and fix. That has definitely urged me on.

• Like 8