boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Ok, this is fucking sick!

Video by Respawnonme

can't believe you fired a gun in a city.  silly gun people.

• Like 1

whats the diffrence between 0.58 and 0.59?

one more buggy zombies and many more clothes?

Edited by msy
  • Like 1

Ok, this is fucking sick!

I was waiting for this for more than two months. No more casual "pink dress-wellies-broom" Cherno squaaad wiiipeeee!! This is where real survivors show their skills.

Digging the small waterproof sacks, store my matches, bandages, batteries and ammo in there.  Nice to be able to access those items while the sack is stowed in a pack too.  I know the "slot mafia" will rise up upon their hind legs to wail and gnash their teeth but it and that works for me.

Not digging on the tool bar, four slots are blocked and will not accept any items.  This is pretty annoying.  I generally have things in every slot and it is standard across the board, 1st or 2nd PP, private or public server.  I'd like my slots back to do as I please with them.

Haven't seen hide nor hair of any scopes, been to many of the blinds, towers and feeding stations on the northern tier, found mostly hunting pants, hand warmers and binos along with the very occasional compensator.

Military jails and the mixed convoy up north are still spawning squat.  I found 1 can of tuna at the mixed convoy.

Finding loose .45 again along with 7.62x39 outside of military areas.  This is nice.

Some inventory issues have carried over too, drop an item and it is still in your inventory hogging up slots until you log out and back in.  Boo.

Lots of new and cool stuff though, even found some 10 round 9mm clips for the Red 9's internal magazine (suck on that one).  Did not get the option to reload though.  Had to manually move the clip over the Red 9 to load it.  That seems wrong.

Magazines are hard to find, even for the CZ527 (who the hell buys a carbine like that but doesn't buy any magazines?  I mean when you buy the carbine it comes with a magazine).

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 6

Ok cool! Today I could place a barrel in the tree again, so I guess that has been fixed somehow!

Anyone else finding the sudden change to night a bit too fast? It takes like 5 seconds and the night isn't really dark. Not sure if I like this "medium" night. 

I agree that Mags are a bit hard to find, but in my eyes that's good. I'm rolling with a Blaze and Magnum for now, which I usually would not even try. Gonna have to check tent city yet, to figure out if mags spawn more often there. In the police stations I checked I found lots of pistols, MP5 and a RAK, but only one mag for the RAK.

So far this is working pretty good. It seems they upped the amount of barrels spawning too, to compensate for the backpacks we can't drop as containers. At least I'm finding more barrels than usually, maybe just coincidence.  

Okey guys i tried played this patch too. miss playing with Dudester100 and other friends here, hope we do gather again.

anyways, here's my opinion on this patch so far:

- Zombies are pretty  :blush:

- i really like new enterable buildings but i can't stand the fact they are not making some of those 100% enterable. 

- looks like CLE is working great, but it's so early to judge

- i love wardrobes, i hope we see more persistence storage's like that inside houses so it makes more sense to barricade a house. still i hate the fact that wardrobes are static objects.

- hopefully in future, there would be items spawning in wardrobes too.

- i like the tweak to shortcuts too.

- so many client not response kicks (feels like somehow the game is increasing our packet lost and latency to the server)

- Desync.

- after finishing a animation (like skinning a body) it takes some time to give me the human steak.

- better fps for me somehow.

anyway, .59 is already looks great,but there is room for improvements and many things to fix. looks like network optimizations needs more optimization too.

• Like 1

I forgot to ask - has anyone found a cooking pot and a tent yet? Also glowplugs and batteries - are they more rare.

Also: I don't get the error message about "glowplugs missing..." at startup any more. Seems we had a slight serverside update last night. Thanks devs!

What I don't get - why don't they release this version to stable as well? There would be tons more servers and of lately the experimental updates are thorough enough to make it to stable. 

Edited by S3V3N

I forgot to ask - has anyone found a cooking pot and a tent yet? Also glowplugs and batteries - are they more rare.

Also: I don't get the error message about "glowplugs missing..." at startup any more. Seems we had a slight serverside update last night. Thanks devs!

I have found multiple cooking pots and saw a car tent floating in mid air in Berezino.
  • Like 1

I dont know...i playing 1 hour,3-4 different server.

I meet 0 zombie,i meet 2 player but they are just stand and not move. <_<

After i try to speak and they not answear me,i try to kill it with my axe and nothing happend.Just the clothes go ruined.

N1.

Well lol, I was just experiencing my first 15 minutes on this build and I have to wait again :)

If somebody speaks on the radio is the quality of the voice the same as in direct communications?

Heard a voice and I think it must have been the radio but it sounded close.

And the action bar only has 4 slots available at start, and when you put items in the first 4 slots, slots 5, 6, and 7 unlock. When you put items in those, the last available action bar spaces unlock.

Is that what's doing it? I thought it had something to do with overall storage capacity or perhaps even the result of an unseen skill progressing. Good catch!

• Like 3

Well lol, I was just experiencing my first 15 minutes on this build and I have to wait again :)

If somebody speaks on the radio is the quality of the voice the same as in direct communications?

Heard a voice and I think it must have been the radio but it sounded close.

Well,i try to speaking before on 87.8 maybe u hear me. :)

I think i was playing on server 2,near berezhino.

Edited by MirmiX

Is that what's doing it? I thought it had something to do with overall storage capacity or perhaps even the result of an unseen skill progressing. Good catch!

yepe thats definitely it.

i saw a cooking pot too, no car tents yet and i don't think glow plugs or batteries are spawning.

Well,i try to speaking before on 87.8 maybe u hear me.  :)

I think i playing then on server 2,near berezhino.

me too, i tried all the frequency, no one answered thought.

Edited by VahidkinG
  • Like 1

yepe thats definitely it.

i saw a cooking pot too, no car tents yet and i don't think glow plugs or batteries are spawning.

The V3S is missing from the usual spawns too. I'm guessing all vehicles are missing from this particular iteration of .59. Although I could be wrong.

The V3S is missing from the usual spawns too. I'm guessing all vehicles are missing from this particular iteration of .59. Although I could be wrong.

Nah, your not wrong i think. 

when people asked eugen about new cars, he said all are not spawning or smth like that. first i thought he is only talking about new cars, but it seems he means all the car existing :D

Edited by VahidkinG

Okay, so I just confirmed my original suspicion I think. I can open and close the last 3 hotbar slots by putting on and then removing my M65 jacket. 

• Like 4

Well,i try to speaking before on 87.8 maybe u hear me. :)

I think i was playing on server 2,near berezhino.

I was a little north of Svetlo at that moment, indeed on UK2 I think. What is the spprox range of the walkie talkie?

I forgot the controls of the radio so didn't respond :)

I was a little north of Svetlo at that moment, indeed on UK2 I think. What is the spprox range of the walkie talkie?

I forgot the controls of the radio so didn't respond :)

correct me if im wrong, walkie talkies are global for this build.

• Like 1

Just for a PSA:
All pistols now spawn with their slide back. The slide only goes back to normal once you chamber it. This goes along with all guns being chamberable, meaning every gun can now have its magazine load + 1 in the chamber from what I gather. Pretty useless for most automatic rifles, but a big buff for sniper rifles.

And the last thing to report - when I log off & on back on - the primary weapon is removed from the hotbar.  No big deal but worth mentioning.

Did you have the primary weapon in your hands when you logged out and back in? Because that has always been a safe way to delete your hotbar link.

• Like 3

I found this as well and a stack of 9mm. Loaded it and ended up in Cherno. Managed to trail a few zeds with me and turned to fire in rapid succession and it sounded like this gun jammed.

Bang bang bang -click- -click- bang bang -click- bang... etc.

That's kinda awesome though, because the Red 9 was an early automatic pistol, I think it was among the first and it would most likely have had some problems chambering rounds.  

On a side note - I couldn't access a barrel again after putting it in a tree. It seems you have to put them a little further away now, but they are still halfway hidden. I found a Winchester and Ammo, too. So even though I found no mags for anything, I did find a Magnum and a Winchester without going anywhere "dangerous". And I didn't play longer than 3 hours so far. It's not too hard to get equipped with decent civilian weapons. I'm having a hard time finding a bigger backpack again.

We'll have to see, how the CLE holds up after a week or so, but so far the spawns I'm watching seem to be working. By purpose I'm not leaving the area and roam the same spots most of the time, just to see what spawns.

One problem I have is that I can't seem to cut some of the clothing to rags. In the police stations there are always some pants or uniforms I can take into my inventory, but can't turn to rags. Others I can - weird.  

My Hotbar is working now, yesterday it was a bit laggy. The barrels are accessed superfast now, even though I have three full ones in direct vicinity. Great!

Edited by S3V3N

Played for the first time in forever. Got about 3 or 4 hours in. Desync was bad but was still pretty fun. Looked everywhere but couldn't find a magazine for a pistol or any rifle despite the guns being plentiful. While looking for choppers up north got Session Lost out of nowhere. When trying to log back in got a message saying that my character could not be found and was reset. Ended up a fresh spawn in Elektro. Very frustrating.

M18 smoke grenades are in, as well. As far as I can tell, they can only be found at heli crash sites.

These ones act more like regular grenades, though, in that they won't start smoking until they're un-pinned and thrown.

Edited by Santa fox

Played for about an hour.

-fps is same for me

-didn't see a Z (Iwas not in the bigger cities)

-Inventory, animations and doors sometimes slow to react

-no hydration from pumps and ponds

-seems our metabolism slowed down a bit

• Like 1