Yuval

TwitchCon - DayZ (Tisy Mil Base, Little Bird, Beards)

ikvQIyV.jpglwY8Gkq.jpg

FEacBNL.jpg

The Tisy military base sounds very nice and than you'd need to risk yourself to get a chopper! The little bird seems very primitive but nice. Beards look really cool too.

p.s rip dean lol

so what do you think?

Edited by StanleyWasHappy
  • Like 1

It was relatively short. It was opened by 2 new art works of a new base that will be up on the very north west corner of Chernarus called "Tisy Military Base" that has been ridden with dead infected bodies. That base is supposed to have high-end loot including the new helicopter itself. The artwork also shows actual HAZMAT outfits (along with gas masks).

The second one shows the chopper, it's the iconic Little Bird that was taken I suppose from Take On Helicopter. It was said that the NEAF that was changed to a very primitive and useless location will have the majority of loot needed to repair choppers.

Afterwards, a 3rd art work of facial hair on player was shown and the ability to shave it was discussed too. Brian talked about scars that are permanent and are caused by traumatic experiences (a.k.a getting stabbed with a knife).

It was also said that Dean's face will be removed because his nose is too big and will be put as a zombie model. Matt stays though.

Im more excited for a "Rocket Zombie" running around screaming "ITS ALPHA BITCH!" as he bites your face off. XD

• Like 6

I have actually checked and it seems that even currently there's an asphalt "strip" at the very northwest corner of the map, I assume this place it empty?

ojPpu9x.jpg

I have actually checked and it seems that even currently there's an asphalt "strip" at the very northwest corner of the map, I assume this place it empty?

ojPpu9x.jpg

Iv visited the place and I do believe this might be what was talked about. It seems like the perfect area in the north for a high end military compound. You know away from prying eyes and such. It seems like it could be REALLY big to. Much bigger than anything we have currently seen in game.

Iv visited the place and I do believe this might be what was talked about. It seems like the perfect area in the north for a high end military compound. You know away from prying eyes and such. It seems like it could be REALLY big to. Much bigger than anything we have currently seen in game.

Haven't been there yet, might check it out today when I go ingame. I wonder what else would spawn there except for the chopper.

Edit: I guess it won't be today as I just got my RB6:Siege beta key haha.

I'm more excited about beards than I am about the chopper... It will definitely add that same element of fear that trucks used to for me as soon as I heard them. I'm interested to see how they are balanced to maintain the actual scope of the game. 

Oh wait. The scope is pvp. 

Nevermind. 

I'm more excited about beards than I am about the chopper... It will definitely add that same element of fear that trucks used to for me as soon as I heard them. I'm interested to see how they are balanced to maintain the actual scope of the game. 

Oh wait. The scope is pvp. 

Nevermind. 

I just hope razors for shaving beards become available. Oh even a barber blade could be put in to double as a short range melee weapon to! lol

04020147cute_1.jpg

And those disposable two blade bic razors could be used to cut your own head off.

disposable-razor-0808-lg-82737737.jpg

• Like 1

Stop all these talkings, we don't need no razors!

After the guy is shaved he kinda resembles Brian...

BhaWKt9.png

• Like 1

Stop all these talkings, we don't need no razors!

After the guy is shaved he kinda resembles Brian...

BhaWKt9.png

I don't care how manly that is. That is the DUMBEST shit ever! What if you fuck up and accidently cut a piece of your damn face off? lol

Little disappointed that it wont be take on helicopters levels of simulation for flying.  I think it would be so cool to have it that complex, where you gotta toggle a bunch of switches and stuff and actually know what you're doing.  Imagine trying to take off in a fight like that.

Hopefully it's more involved than the mod at least.  That was too overly simplistic.  I want to be impressed when I see a helicopter flying, that it's somebody who knows what they are doing.  Good pilot or not.  Eventually everyone figures out how to fly any ways if they play long enough.

• Like 7

It's going to be a military base aswell?

As if the Little Bird isn't going to make hiding camps near impossible with how trees render above (Or dont), may as well add another high point of interest in one of the only areas left to set up camp.

We're going to be reduced to a barrel or two, if we're lucky?

I like the idea of the little bird, just not until the new renderer comes and we have a larger map.

Edited by DanicaHamlin

-sigh-

It isn't one of the "only areas left to set up camp". You guys need to stop settling along the northern and western edges of the map. Yesterday, some of the guys in my clan found 3, or even more (they were rather spread out, so they counted the three greatest concentrations as a "base") bases along the western edge of the map. Guess what happened to them?

Go to the smaller forests that nobody goes to. Or, some of the fields that (as well) nobody goes to. 

Stop complaining about there "being no places to set up a base", when you aren't using fully 60+% of the goddamned map.

Plus, haven't the devs stated that the Chernarus+ map will not be increased in size?

• Like 7

To add to Whyherro

Tisy already exists, they're just going to add to it and make the area contaminatied.

Look, I'm all for map expansion, but I think a Little Bird is going to be pretty harmless, especially if there's only 1-2 per server. No need to start complaining when details are so tentative.

I don't care how manly that is. That is the DUMBEST shit ever! What if you fuck up and accidently cut a piece of your damn face off? lol

I don't see that beign any more danger than shaving with the razor. Only if you drop the axe on your toes or something then it can be worse. He isn't hacking his head with the axe :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Real question is not how to hide the camps, it's how to hide the Little Bird

xx

• Like 4

I don't see that beign any more danger than shaving with the razor. Only if you drop the axe on your toes or something then it can be worse. He isn't hacking his head with the axe :rolleyes:

Would you shave your head or your balls with an axe? XD

• Like 1

Would you shave your balls with an axe? XD

I already do.  B)

• Like 4

And once vehicle repair/maintenance is worked on, don't you think that that Little Bird is gonna be a pain in the ass to get going and keep it that way? It isn't only a matter of getting your hands on it, it's a matter of getting it, fixing it, and keeping it. If you manage to do all 3, you deserve to fly around and find peoples' camps, especially if they're hidden horribly.

• Like 2

Instead of wining about everything, adjust to it.

The mod had choppers, no one complained then, you just ran like hell when you saw one.