freethink

pre .59 hype

who else can't wait?

and what do you hope to see in .59?

Apart from the new vehicles, I really hope we see the return of the infected.

• Like 7

I'd like to see zombies aswell.. I love DayZ, Not really a fan of Day though...

• Like 7

There's a mod for arma3 called exile and this is a mod of that. What I'd do for zombies on a similar scale...(see start and last few mins)

Edited by freethink
  • Like 4

Infectedinfectedinfectedinfectedinfected!

A car's a car's a car. But DayZ doesn't feel right without zombies.

• Like 2

Zombies need to return asap, preferably in great numbers and in a hotfix before 0.59.

(Motor)bikes would be great. Maybe quads and/or trikes, small single-seater stuff that's relatively easy to find and haul ass around the map with. And with that the implementation of slower sprinting and stamina.

Edited by Greaves

for me it's :

- spears and working bayonet

- wounded players animations

- stamina

- sunglasses an helmets having a visual effect on the player's screen

- new cars

- VSS vintorez

- zombies to try it !

• Like 1

There's a mod for arma3 called exile and this is a mod of that. What I'd do for zombies on a similar scale...(see start and last few mins)

I love about the Arma series that there are mods of mods :) Exile is a very ambitious mod. I like their minimalist UI. I'm always puzzled how good these maps look in the Arma 3 engine. Makes me really wonder why they didn't use that engine, instead of rewriting the older RV3 engine. It really puzzles me, since they had to rewrite the entire thing anyway.

Back to topic:

- I'd really love the infected to come back. Without them the game is missing its main selling point. It's sad how little I care about all the other economies in the game.

- I'd like to have a lada race around the map. So bring on the LADA - I always liked this jeep's shape.  

- would be cool to know more about the workbench and what we can actually craft there or where to find one. But it doesn't have t be in game. 

- I like base-building, so I'd be interested in its early iteration. Maybe try starting a trade post and see how long it takes until I'm attacked there. 

-> on that topic: it would be nice if we could craft flags, banners and signs in the future to either warn people or welcome them near our base. 

• Like 5

I don't mean to disappoint anyone, but zombies won't be back in force until 0.60 per the PAX streams that Hicks participated in this past weekend. Not a clue what 0.59 will mean for zombies, but expect them to remain low in number for a little while. That said, 0.59 seems like it is going to be more of a "new content" update rather than being full of tech changes like 0.58. If that's the case, we should hopefully see it go to Stable sooner.

What I'm interested to see is exactly what all we're getting. The three new vehicles and expanded repair mechanics are a given, but what else? Anyone that knows how I spend my time in-game knows that I'm practically foaming at the mouth for some map changes  :lol:

As igor-vk pointed out to me this morning, internal builds of 0.59 are already up on test servers. Get hyped!

• Like 6

I literally cannot get over how they managed to misspell "horde" in that ARMA III video title........

"HORDE"

NOT

"HOARDE"

• Like 4

*snip* 

Edited by Greaves

who else can't wait?

GP-5 Gas mask, SSh68 Helmet, VSS vintorez

• Like 1

Things that are confirmed for .59:

-New Vehicles 

-New Repair mechanics for cars

-new Damage system

-characters spawn with walkie talkie

-Animal AI fixes

-Fixed losing connection when 3 tents surround you (Confirmed through feedback tracker)

-Return of VSS vintorez 

-Fixes to animation glitching which was postponed to .59 as blocker

we know there is an Upcoming BIG map update (we know this from twitter weeks ago) hopefully they come with .59

but what i really like to get added in .59 are: 

-loot explosion fixes

-regional CLE controls

-DJ  :thumbsup:  :beans:  :thumbsup:

and im pretty sure read or watch somewhere that no changes will happen to infecteds for .59 and there would be increased numbers in .60 when performance bugs are fixed.

• Like 2

Isn't the expanded radio types and functionality coming as well?

I noticed at some point a bunch of random abandoned suitcases around the map got swapped out for a large table top radio set.

• Like 2

Animal numbers right? Thought this was going to happen, but I've lost track.

How about the NATO base?

Also, sadly I'm waiting for after .59, it seems this is another patch that is aimed to improve stable playability. With desync and content. I want them to start implemention new tech that breaks my game! Which will lead to longer experimentals, which is a good idea.

Edited by Coheed_IV

I'd like to see loot spawning at prison buildings, trucks, humvees and police stations. And when i say loot I dont mean fucking glowsticks.

• Like 2

I'd like to see loot spawning at prison buildings, trucks, humvees and police stations. And when i say loot I dont mean fucking glowsticks.

loot wont spawn in prison buildings till regional control of CLE is implemented which makes prsion near coast just like other civilian homes.

trucks and humvees, i dunno what they wanna do with them, but most likely those wont spawn loot again (thought humvees will be drive-able at some point)

and you wont see some sort of gun each time you visit a police station, it would be too easy that way :D

Has everyone forgotten about the red nine its been gone for two updates hopefully it comes back in .59 I don't care about a vss I want my pistol that doesn't uses a mag and has a butstock.

• Like 1

loot wont spawn in prison buildings till regional control of CLE is implemented which makes prsion near coast just like other civilian homes.

trucks and humvees, i dunno what they wanna do with them, but most likely those wont spawn loot again (thought humvees will be drive-able at some point)

and you wont see some sort of gun each time you visit a police station, it would be too easy that way :D

It used to be pretty well-balanced. You knew that police stations could spawn a gun and if you were first there you'd get it, The humvees havent had any loot before, then they had a shitload on 0.57 and now nothing again. Its just dumb. Its a military vehicle and should spawn military loot, so should the BMP's. They only need to balance it so its good. Now its just basic loot everywhere and a shitload of guns and stuff at two or three places on the entire map. It would be better if it was more spread out and there would be a reason for actually going to the larger towns for the loot value and not just bambikilling.

They won't put loot back in the prison / camo building til they fix / add the player controller. Also, the loot that used to spawn in the wrecked non-interactive vehicles won't be spawning loot anymore. Brian Hicks said so in the latest Pax Prime interview.

Infectedinfectedinfectedinfectedinfected!

A car's a car's a car. But DayZ doesn't feel right without zombies.

Maybe some more infected.

Id like to see Red9 and Scorpion machine pistol. They were confirmed long ago.

Also I hope devs upgrade vehicle maintence mechanic. One glowplug for 6 cilinders of V3S engine???

Erm, is it just me, or is there already a detectable lessening in food spawns? I don't necessarily have a quarrel with that, but I'd really like to see more/better animals in .59 such that hunting becomes a more viable option and we don't end up in a big queue at the nearest apple tree.

If they don't get zombies right in vanilla, I promise someone will with modding.

Also, I have a random idea for a mod: change all the AI to dinosaurs. I'm gonna call it Chernarassic Park. What do you guys think?

• Like 6

If they don't get zombies right in vanilla, I promise someone will with modding.

Also, I have a random idea for a mod: change all the AI to dinosaurs. I'm gonna call it Chernarassic Park. What do you guys think?

10/10 would roar again

• Like 2