boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

Hicks just posted that it's been resolved .. but didn't mention what the issue was. ( assuming that's what he's posting about )

Edit:

Boo just happened again.

Edit:

Different topic, has anyone noticed an issue with pumpkin slices and status changes? When you have no energized / hydrated status and you eat pumpkin slices, it gives you stuffed status but no others. Not sure if this is a bug or what.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

Steam was doing maintenance around the time I noticed people crashing.  Was probably related to that.

Still, this stable has been relatively stable! 

Can't wait to see what they have cooking next to build on this streak.

Zeds and trap/base persistence, that's all they to get numbers back up to 45,000 a day.

Edited by MotleyKoop

10,000th!

3WWJt3k.jpg

Edit: bwahahahaha

Ksx6n64.jpg

Edit 2: 10,000 replies in 15 topics = 666.6666666666667 replies on average per topic.

:ph34r:

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 6

Things have improved. I do find a lot of stuff now. Sometimes a lot more than I need, still, and sometimes barely anything ... guess it's part of the deal.

I'm in dire need of an update, too. Played a lot of 0.58, but ultimately I reinstalled the mods, because I needed a bit more action. Oh and there was a video where they show the little bird flying over an empty map in the SA. Not impressed guys, not impressed by that :)

Zombies in 0.59 would be really nice, after what - 3 months without zombies in a zombie survival game. But we'll get them back in 0.60, I guess? And then they will be removed for 0.61 again, and so on ;) Bring it on! 

Revisiting mods is good! I'm quite happy about the different pace and feeling between mod and standalone. However, I am also puzzled about the few gameplay options we still have in the SA today. After all, the Alpha introduced new content and mechanics for almost two years now. Yet, there still is nothing to do. Or it doesn't work, is superfluous or is annoying to do. Your pick.

I have played the mods a bit as well lately but it just doesn't give the same feeling. The standalone feels much more fluent and better compared to the mod.
  • Like 2

I'm in dire need of an update, too. Played a lot of 0.58, but ultimately I reinstalled the mods, because I needed a bit more action. Oh and there was a video where they show the little bird flying over an empty map in the SA. Not impressed guys, not impressed by that :)

Zombies in 0.59 would be really nice, after what - 3 months without zombies in a zombie survival game. But we'll get them back in 0.60, I guess? And then they will be removed for 0.61 again, and so on ;) Bring it on! 

Revisiting mods is good! I'm quite happy about the different pace and feeling between mod and standalone. However, I am also puzzled about the few gameplay options we still have in the SA today. After all, the Alpha introduced new content and mechanics for almost two years now. Yet, there still is nothing to do. Or it doesn't work, is superfluous or is annoying to do. Your pick. 

As much as I loved the mod, I can't play it anymore. It's either the stand alone, or the mod... Running both on the same system for me right now, it just screws everything up... Server list no showing, DayZModLauncher crashing do to conflicts. All favorites disappearing from the StandAlone every time I log into the mod. 

Both games seem to hate each other right now on my system, and I had no problems before.  :lol:  Go figure... So I just stick to the stand alone. Even though there's no infected, it's still the best post apocalyptic open world game right now. It's the closest thing to "The Road" of all the similar genre games out there.  :thumbsup:

Edit: I just wish there was less food... More fishing, hunting and farming needed. But that will come with balancing eventually I guess.

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 7

still no 59.... haha man.....wow..  just wow.... how fucking long will it take. Maybe we will get a new hat when its released.

still no 59.... haha man.....wow..  just wow.... how fucking long will it take. Maybe we will get a new hat when its released.

Thank you for this very productive post.

• Like 5

We will have 0.59 tomorrow or Friday barring any unforeseen game breakers.

Tomorrow would be nice but I'll just convince myself that Friday is most likely so as not to be "disappointed".

I'm completely fascinated/excited by what we might see in the next 6 or so patches!

• Like 4

Hmm, so I planted some peppers, fertilized and watered ... logged out for about 10 minutes and came back to no crops. No evidence that they were stolen, no plant material at least on the ground or seeds so I can't say they were stolen unless it was just by some really hungry individual that didn't need any barrels, weapons, tents etc heh.

Anyone experience this? I've planted stuff before and gone off for a period of time and they have never disappeared.

Thank you for this very productive post.

Guess that some people just don't know the meaning of "public holiday".

I don't mind the waiting because my presumption that they have a lot more done than what they are reporting is somewhat confirmed.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

We will have 0.59 tomorrow or Friday barring any unforeseen game breakers.

Tomorrow would be nice but I'll just convince myself that Friday is most likely so as not to be "disappointed".

I'm completely fascinated/excited by what we might see in the next 6 or so patches!

Exactly, upcoming updates  are really exciting. it's like a sum up of all this years of development. we will see every behind the scene development which are a lot. most of game changer updates are in front of us.

• Like 4

Exactly, upcoming updates  are really exciting. it's like a sum up of all this years of development. we will see every behind the scene development which are a lot. most of game changer updates are in front of us.

People wrote things like this a year ago, and people will write it a year from now, always hoping that something great happens to the game...

People wrote things like this a year ago, and people will write it a year from now, always hoping that something great happens to the game...

It takes time to develop a game and just because things where not ready last year it does not mean that they will never be finished.

• Like 2

Not exactly, people a year ago (Like me) say that there is more progress behind the scene than what we see at the game. the reason being, some engine modules take more time to being completely developed (Making it, testing it, bugfixing etc...) and you can't really show the progress because there is only codes to show.

now it's different, we already know that in .59 engine modules are being merged, that means they are past creating those modules (even new damage module is being configured for testing in .59 experimental) there is a list of modules states in a status report.

anyways, what they showed already are awesome, stuff like new cars, dirt bike (which is planned for .60), New Inventory GUI in progress, those basebuilding concepts, soft skills and life span, electricity, contaminated zones concepts and the beast of all, Little Bird. 

• Like 3

I have my scepticism with the direction the game is taking, but I sure am excited to see the new version, too.

• Like 1

Please show me the game you have created in a fast pace. I am really curious about it and definitely want to try it.

Not exactly, people a year ago (Like me) say that there is more progress behind the scene than what we see at the game. the reason being, some engine modules take more time to being completely developed (Making it, testing it, bugfixing etc...) and you can't really show the progress because there is only codes to show.

now it's different, we already know that in .59 engine modules are being merged, that means they are past creating those modules (even new damage module is being configured for testing in .59 experimental) there is a list of modules states in a status report.

anyways, what they showed already are awesome, stuff like new cars, dirt bike (which is planned for .60), New Inventory GUI in progress, those basebuilding concepts, soft skills and life span, electricity, contaminated zones concepts and the beast of all, Little Bird.

You forgot about the bus, how could you forget the bus, shame on you!

I play DayZ Standalone since march this year and have seen more and more progress throughout the patches. Started in 0.54 and now we are in 0.58, only 0.04 version numbers difference. The content however has changed a lot.

I'm really curious about the upcoming builds.

And to be honest, most people say that there wasn't any progress, the developers were lazy, etc. I stated multiple times that not much things were coming to the game but most things were being prepared behind the scenes without bringing it out to the public.

These upcoming things prove I was right because there are coming a lot of new things.

So for the people who are still saying that nothing happens, I rather have a good and well optimized game. We don't want a game which is like a GTA port from a console.

I want them to take their time like Rockstar did with GTA 5 for PC and bring a good product rather than screw it up.

• Like 1

I don't see a problem with the pace of development; rather, the last few patches, with the tweaking of the CLE and the lack of zombies, have really killed long-term playability, IMO.  I need a reason to care if my guy lives.  I need a reason to go into a town.  I need a reason to hunt or farm.  Right now, you can just run around helicrash routes, with the occasional detour to tent cities or small towns with lots of sheds, and be better geared than was often possible in earlier patches.  I can't remember using a bandage in .58.  We really need Zs back, soon! 

Heck, I can't even really find folks to PvP half the time.  I guess they're all running through the woods looking for camps - I don't know - but, the last few patches have altered player approach/style in a way that seem very negative to me.

I'm sure they can work it out, but I hope they do it before too much of the base gets bored and leaves.

• Like 8

Heck, I can't even really find folks to PvP half the time.  I guess they're all running through the woods looking for camps - I don't know - but, the last few patches have altered player approach/style in a way that seem very negative to me.

This is pretty much what my friends have been doing, looking for camps. There isn't much for me to do since I'm not a huge pvp fan, but like it every now and then. The most exciting thing that happened to me this week was getting chased by an infected in Novo heh. Sucker was pretty fast.

Coastal PVP gets a little stale but you can find some nice weapons. We ran into a guy sniping from the fields in Berezino that had an M4 and SVD and tons of ammo for it. The funny thing is that he was killed by our squad mate with a sporter. How embarrassing that had to be. The guy basically tripped over him and was like shit there is a guy here! Tap tap tap tap, he's down.

• Like 1

Please show me the game you have created in a fast pace. I am really curious about it and definitely want to try it.

You forgot about the bus, how could you forget the bus, shame on you!

I play DayZ Standalone since march this year and have seen more and more progress throughout the patches. Started in 0.54 and now we are in 0.58, only 0.04 version numbers difference. The content however has changed a lot.

I'm really curious about the upcoming builds.

And to be honest, most people say that there wasn't any progress, the developers were lazy, etc. I stated multiple times that not much things were coming to the game but most things were being prepared behind the scenes without bringing it out to the public.

These upcoming things prove I was right because there are coming a lot of new things.

So for the people who are still saying that nothing happens, I rather have a good and well optimized game. We don't want a game which is like a GTA port from a console.

I want them to take their time like Rockstar did with GTA 5 for PC and bring a good product rather than screw it up.

i just sum-up all new cars, that's the reason. but shame on me, how could i not mention it specifically :(

----------------------------

i do agree,  there is absolute no end-game potential right now, only the pvp. 

not much choice for end-games, only pvp + officer's tent glitch = ridiculously boring end-game for now. it's is just go to officers tent, pvp, die, spawn, go to officer tent and it goes on and on. camp's are cool, but how much you want to store anyway (especially for me as a lone-wolf)

i'm not saying it's developers fault, it's just the nature of an EA game. 

Edited by VahidkinG

As your Beans show anyway, a very good post, Thurman, sums it up pretty well :-)

It is indeed a good post but the way I see it, the game plays more or less the way Thurman describes for quite some time.

The infected we had for most of the SA were a non-issue or non-existent and what he describes (minus the camps) is how it's been.

There were long stretches of time where loading up a new character and playing for 3 hours meant seeing 1-3 infected if you were lucky.

I hit my breaking point and quit playing for a while and waited for news of improvements.

Only in more recent patches that included the new (but still bare bones) infected were there higher numbers or more difficult infected for the very first time.

All the "reasons to play and care for your character" will come with some of the changes in the near future.

This is NOT DayZ at all really.

Read the road map, imagine all the elements there coming together, and then we can begin to envision what DayZ will actually be like.

^This statement is not aimed at anyone in particular but I do get the feeling that a lot of people (not you Thurman) through no fault of their own seem to be unable to envision DayZ 1.0 and in ignorant bliss they think the way they play now will be sustainable in Vanilla DayZ.

I believe the DayZ forum forecast calls for a torrential downpour of tears and flames of hate raining in from the interwebs when we get: ammo, food, and high end loot scarcity, stamina systems, difficult and numerous infected, in-depth medical (including troublesome infections). Just those changes alone are going to be a shock to a lot of players.

• Like 5

I don't see a problem with the pace of development; rather, the last few patches, with the tweaking of the CLE and the lack of zombies, have really killed long-term playability, IMO.  I need a reason to care if my guy lives.  I need a reason to go into a town.  I need a reason to hunt or farm.  Right now, you can just run around helicrash routes, with the occasional detour to tent cities or small towns with lots of sheds, and be better geared than was often possible in earlier patches.  I can't remember using a bandage in .58.  We really need Zs back, soon! 

I'm sure they can work it out, but I hope they do it before too much of the base gets bored and leaves.

True, the lack of infected made me reckless, moving through the center of a town or city, unless it's a full server and it's a big city.

I don't know which server you play but lately I have been playing at EU WOBO community server and UKA, both almost always full.

UKA is my go-to place for PvP and WOBO for playstyles while my serious business like camp building happens at the public hive.

Tonight I did something I have never done before. I played some PvP on UKA in Elektro and have been quite naughty to be honest. For the first time I played the bandit style because everyone on that server basically is.

Made lots of kills and there were even people who didn't got killed by me. I eventually died because of desync, that was a problem on the server though.

So on that server there is a lot of action going on in the coastal cities.

Edited by IMT